Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Porsche 914 Chalon RIP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Brandon came over to help me with the inner long kit on the Chalon so we could get it going for the D&G on the 30th. Things were going along pretty good but while we were working on the passenger side welding in the kit, a small fire broke out inside of the long and we didnt figure it could do much damage but it quickly spread and the next thing we knew the whole passenger side was burning and the fiberglass acted as an accellerant, before I could find the other extinguisher, the whole passenger side of my car was melting and is now destroyed. The electrical damage on the underside of the dash is really bad. The panel replacement for the front and rear are just enough to make me change direction and start over with a stock car. That is what I get for letting a kid help me weld.

So it is out with the Chalon, I just need to find a good doner car now to move everything over to. Anybody have a good roller?
Aaron Cox
HAHAHA awesome!!!!! i heard the house caught on fire too! and then it went all the way to your neighbors house!!!

april fools i hope biggrin.gif unsure.gif
JoeSharp
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 10:37 AM)
HAHAHAH APRILFOOLS

i hope biggrin.gif unsure.gif

owned.gif
skline
Actually, the real tragic thing was that Brandon went to step back from the flames and a piece of steel that was sitting by the tool box was sharp enough to pierce his leg and went all the way to the bone. He is now on his way to Hoag hospital. It is going to need stitches. That is actually the least of his worries, he went into shock and fell into a coma.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 1 2006, 11:50 AM)
Actually, the real tragic thing was that Brandon went to step back from the flames and a piece of steel that was sitting by the tool box was sharp enough to pierce his leg and went all the way to the bone. He is now on his way to Hoag hospital. It is going to need stitches. That is actually the least of his worries, he went into shock and fell into a coma.

i hear they also scheduled him for an "addadicktome" laugh.gif
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 10:51 AM)

Yeah, he had mentioned that since yours was so successful, he wanted to do it too. So is it true that MattR was the donor? av-943.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 1 2006, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 10:51 AM)

Yeah, he had mentioned that since yours was so successful, he wanted to do it too. av-943.gif

awesome! i get 10k per referral!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
A fitting end to a Chalon 914. rolleyes.gif
RustyWa
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Apr 1 2006, 11:25 AM)
A fitting end to a Chalon 914. rolleyes.gif

Oh Burn! biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
Thank God there is one less Chalon on the streets! lol2.gif J/K
KaptKaos
Shalom chalon sad.gif
Aaron Cox
maybe he can build another chalonmower..... laugh.gif
bd1308
how does a long catch fire? no oil, or gas there.....it must be april 1st!

b
Allan
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 1 2006, 10:50 AM)
He is now on his way to Hoag hospital. It is going to need stitches. That is actually the least of his worries, he went into shock and fell into a coma.

I'll bet he requests a proctology exam when he wakes up... ohmy.gif
Mrs. K
idea.gif confused24.gif Funny thing, Scott, you ALWAYS post pics of your car when you are doing major things.....so if this were true I KNOW you would have already posted several pics.....not buying it screwy.gif

Lisa jester.gif
Andyrew
That sucks!

I'll give you 2k for your engine

smile.gif
Toast
Can I have your body parts?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 1 2006, 03:28 PM)
Can I have your body parts?

ROFL - which body part do you want the most? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Brando
QUOTE (Headrage @ Apr 1 2006, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 1 2006, 10:50 AM)
He is now on his way to Hoag hospital. It is going to need stitches. That is actually the least of his worries, he went into shock and fell into a coma.

I'll bet he requests a proctology exam when he wakes up... ohmy.gif

My first request is of a ruffworks six!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.