Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my new Aussenspiegel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I ordered this about one and a half weeks ago from Niello in Sacramento. With my PCA discount it was $102.07 with tax.
My understanding is that there are about 700 in Germany NOS.
ConeDodger
Here is the windy side of the mirror.
So.Cal.914
Dosen't that have the same part number as the driverside mirror?
Yes it does.... Over a hundred bucks, well it's shiny. Does the otherside look as good? smoke.gif
ConeDodger
The other side? It looks like well.... new.

Part number is 914 731 040 10
North Bay 914
Is it really convex? It doesn't look convex in the photo. Maybe just a bit. This was the issue I had when having one made that was 40 degree convex. To much of a curve.
ConeDodger
Hi Martin,
It doesn't look too convex to me either. That is why I was hoping someone had the proper part numbers...
Too wet to come down and deal with your backyard. Have you talked to Mike? It is IPB that he wants to set you up with. The guy sounds very interested.
Rob
North Bay 914
Mike was here yesterday. we spoke about IPB, and me getting the FUCK out of Fairfield. No problem on the yard. Its a swamp anyhow. I had thought that the mirror was convex. The part number you have checks out, even the nomenclature lists it as convex.
North Bay 914
.....warmed 2.7, S Cams. 46 Webers. Sounds great. Mike is great, can't wait to see his Carrera GT in person. His Son in Law let Alison drive his 911. I would not let her drive a 911 if I had one....
ConeDodger
Martin,
It could well be convex. It just isn't too convex.

Is that Mike's new 6 conversion? That is his trailer.

He must have been on his way to Santa Rosa...

Rob
North Bay 914
Yes his new 6 conversion, coming home from Sears Point D/E.
North Bay 914
This conversion for it is the PLAN !
ConeDodger
Ahhh... I am on my way to his house to check out the PCA trailer and make sure it made it through the winter without too much damage. I have to tow it to Stockton for the autocross next Saturday AM.
Rob
Midtowner
I, too, picked up a factory new pass. side mirror yesterday. It appears to be a drivers side mirror flipped the other way with a slight convex. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Apr 1 2006, 12:59 PM)
I, too, picked up a factory new pass. side mirror yesterday. It appears to be a drivers side mirror flipped the other way with a slight convex. smile.gif

Nope, Part number is consistent with passenger side convex... It is the real deal.
Rob
So.Cal.914
Look at the number on the "wind side". On the drivers side it is right side up, but on the pass side it is upside down. But the same number. I do believe. It is the same housing with differen't glass. But it still looks nice. Shiny smoke.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Apr 1 2006, 09:31 PM)
My understanding is that there are about 700 in Germany NOS.

many thanks for this hint pray.gif

today I've got 2 NOS passenger side mirrors (914.731.040.10) smilie_pokal.gif

ordered it at my local Porsche Center - payed EUR 179 (~ US$ 217) for both together

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.