Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOG LIGHTS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
What is dia for the factory fog lights?
I have some PO said from a 911, wondered if they would fit the grill holes on my 914?
TINCAN914
These came in the mail yesterday.
From my wifes Uncle in Germany, sister in law tells me she has some other things for me when we get to Colo, aparently she has a tool pouch.
Anyway to tell what these might have come off of, how old, ?
rhodyguy
i just measured one on the parts car. 5 1/4" in dia. looks the same. should work unsure.gif . how much is the seller asking for the set? get the wiring too. as far inside the front trunk as possible. i hope the bulbs are good. they can be spendy.

k
TINCAN914
I own them. I have a set of grills to pick up and was just wondering if the lights and the grills were the same size. There is a cheap togle switch mounted on the dash, from the PO, I assume wiring is all there haven't bothered to look.
Aaron Cox
brian - those are stock 914 fogs... put em in smile.gif

and the centercaps are for 5 lug fuchs.... and cookie cutters
ClayPerrine
Porsche made a 911 driving light from the same housing and ring as the 914 fog light. I know. I have a set of NOS 911 driving lights on my 914. They fit perfectly, and the lense has a different diffuser pattern in them.

They are bright. I use them as daytime running lights to keep the SUVs from using me as a pinball.

TINCAN914
Thanks for the feedback guy's appreciate it.
Aaron I was just wondering if there was any way on knowing how old the caps might be. I wont use them not now anyway, perhaps when I get the rins I want. I was thinking of doing something cool with em, likemouting in a frame or sumpin.. One of the few things my wife has that was her uncles..

Thnx again for the feedback on the lights.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bmunday @ Apr 1 2006, 07:30 PM)
Thanks for the feedback guy's appreciate it.
Aaron I was just wondering if there was any way on knowing how old the caps might be. I wont use them not now anyway, perhaps when I get the rins I want. I was thinking of doing something cool with em, likemouting in a frame or sumpin.. One of the few things my wife has that was her uncles..

Thnx again for the feedback on the lights.

the caps

3 prong are the early style (NOT what you have)

ring style - are early 70's and later iirc.....
TINCAN914
That's the ticket, thanks wheel pimp...
Joe Bob
A wire brush and a polishing wheel with "rouge" polishes those things up real pretty......once polished spray a color on them, let dry and then rouge polish only. The color stays in the crevices.....it's real cool.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE ("*" @ Apr 1 2006, 08:17 PM)
A wire brush and a polishing wheel with "rouge" polishes those things up real pretty......once polished spray a color on them, let dry and then rouge polish only. The color stays in the crevices.....it's real cool.....

yup. pretty cool.

thats what mine look like after miles polished teh crap outta them.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE ("*" @ Apr 1 2006, 08:17 PM)
A wire brush and a polishing wheel with "rouge" polishes those things up real pretty......once polished spray a color on them, let dry and then rouge polish only.  The color stays in the crevices.....it's real cool.....

yup. pretty cool.

thats what mine look like after miles polished teh crap outta them.

I wonder if Miles is busy? laugh.gif
Joe Bob
You told ME that he "buffed" yer helmet..... cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.