Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GA Tech Auto Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
It was a nice day after the rain cleared for the show. Good to put some names to faces. Hopefully, we can have more get togethers in the future.

John was helping run the show, here is his car. Nice 71 as I recall.

blitZ
Sterlings Lexus conversion, interesting work in progress. Sorry, didn't get to meet ya.
blitZ
and another.
blitZ
and this work of art..

uh, wait, no that's just my car. The two fiats I think arrived late in the show and parked on both sides of me, about 100 Italian clowns climbed out of them.

blitZ
De Tomaso Mangusta

blitZ
Some crazy Italian car
blitZ
Ford GT in Gulf colors.
blitZ
Pair of Lotus Elise's
blitZ
This 59? beetle was spotless.
JFJ914
Nice meeting you, Les. It was a good show, tried to sell Howards "Heater Hose" to the Enzo guy but no sale!

The GA Tech guys demo'd a Megasquirt II w/ EDIS and lost spark ignition on a 1.7. It looks soooooo simple. Should I sell my almost new (x100mi) NOS MPS and build one? rolleyes.gif
blitZ
as is this Sunbeam Tiger, very nice.
blitZ
Carrera, Cayman and an SC
blitZ
David Coultard's Red Bull F1. Funny, it looks taller on TV.
blitZ
Gulp... 65 Shelby Daytona,

Thought it was a copy, show tag said it was a 65
spare time toys
QUOTE (blitZ @ Apr 1 2006, 03:35 PM)
David Coultard's Red Bull F1. Funny, it looks taller on TV.

Thats because the TV is up on a stand so it is higher up when you see it on there rolleyes.gif
blitZ
This little beast was humming away back in the corner with the race cars. Turns out Al Meredith donated the engine to some alumni techies, who installed a nice MS setup. They replaced the distributor with a triggering wheel mounted where the AC drive pulley would live.
blitZ
This beastly Pantera shows up in the afternoon, couldn't miss it.

blitZ
Dual NOS tanks feeding an all chome engine. Showoff....
blitZ
The local Ferrari dealer trucked in a few toys. The race car, not sure the model, F40, GT0 and I think an Enzo, which still had the window sticker. All yours for a mere $643,000, just don't let any strangers you meet drinking take it for a spin.

blitZ
Maserati Bora.

krazykonrad
Great Show! I should have gone! Thanks for the pics.
Konrad 72/4 beer.gif
URY914
Nice pics.

Must not have been a Enzo, that sticker price is too cheap. sad.gif

The Ford GT Gulf car looks like a kit car.

Go over behind the KA house and see if my friend's '72 914 is still there. It's been 25 years.laugh.gif

shaggy
pantera and gulf are beautiful!!

NOS on the pantera was kinda odd but i guess it if makes it faster why not?

the lexus 914 wasnt too nice looking in my opinion
914's w/o targa bars just arent right
and the wheels barf.gif

-shag
D1A3
Crap! Al Meredith emailed me last night to go down to Tech for this, but I had other things goin gon. Looks like it was a blast and Atlanta was well represented.

How about we get a Peachstate 914 run through the N. GA mountsains organized since there are more than a "few" of us?
JFJ914
QUOTE (D1A3 @ Apr 1 2006, 09:50 PM)
How about we get a Peachstate 914 run through the N. GA mountsains organized since there are more than a "few" of us?

Ya mean drive them?????????? Gona hafta git offen them jackstands! laugh.gif
D1A3
John,

Where are you at in Alpharetta? what does your car need to get off the jackstands? There's a few of us in Roswell that might be able to help!

beerchug.gif
mikelsr
Great pics! Thanks Les, looks like you had a fanstatic time.

Mike
blitZ
QUOTE (D1A3 @ Apr 1 2006, 05:50 PM)

Sounds like a great idea to have some regular get togethers, rides and help out with keeping them on the road. Most everyone I asked seemed interested. We need a list of us locals and some email addresses.

Off the top of my head:

John
Sterling
Al
Dean
Me
Jason
Bob in Athens
Konrad
??
pupwag
Dang,I would have perhaps ventured ITP for that.I'm up by the lake.Good to see there are some ATL 914 folks.I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road.Is there a parts place that stocks parts in town still?Stopped in Nopi last week after years away and it seems they have gone from Kraut Can to Ricer.Right now I need brake rebuild kits.I was given a 74 that has been in a basement the last 20+ years.It has bad hellhole issues that will have to be addressed.I am conflicted about doing all that work,but I kinda hate to see the little thing die.
JFJ914
QUOTE (D1A3 @ Apr 2 2006, 12:02 AM)
John,

Where are you at in Alpharetta? what does your car need to get off the jackstands? There's a few of us in Roswell that might be able to help!

beerchug.gif

I'm off Waters Rd. I'm waiting for Al's son Blake to finish welding up my clutch tube as a minimum. Then I can put in the new fuel lines and the rest of the fuel system and drive.
Al Meredith
LES! Thanks for the pics. Nice to have met you. How about this!!! We bring John Jentz 's 914 over to my house ;capture my son,Blake, and make him weld in the clutch support. Then we will have one more Atlanta 914 on the road. How am I going to get him to start on mine?? Al
blitZ
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Apr 2 2006, 04:34 PM)
LES! Thanks for the pics. Nice to have met you. How about this!!! We bring John Jentz 's 914 over to my house ;capture my son,Blake, and make him weld in the clutch support. Then we will have one more Atlanta 914 on the road. How am I going to get him to start on mine?? Al

Sounds like a plan. Not sure what to do about your boy, he looks a little too big to take to the woodshed.
Al Meredith
He has been taller than me since he was 14. Drove and raced a 914 for years and now races a CRX. It comes up to his belt. Size 13s on those Honda petals. I think my idea is workable, a get together at my house would be informative... I have 20 years of 914 accumulation here. I have saved everything so I can use the best on my 914-6, after that I may sell it all off. I live 1 mile off RT 400.
yarin
Awesome pics!

Any more info or pics on the megasquirt 914 motor with ignition triggered by a wheel spun off the dizzy shaft?
blitZ
QUOTE (yarin @ Apr 2 2006, 11:11 PM)
Awesome pics!

Any more info or pics on the megasquirt 914 motor with ignition triggered by a wheel spun off the dizzy shaft?

Here is the website for the group which did the MS project. Maybe you can email them and get more details. It was the young man in the red shirt who did the actual project. It also had a different throttle body, a tad larger than stock. He was bragging how it only cost $100 bucks or so to produce. That is the nature of this group, racing on existing junkyard parts and cheap solutions.

Wreck Racing

Let us know what you learn.
blitZ
QUOTE (Al Meredith @ Apr 2 2006, 09:15 PM)
He has been taller than me since he was 14. Drove and raced a 914 for years and now races a CRX. It comes up to his belt. Size 13s on those Honda petals. I think my idea is workable, a get together at my house would be informative... I have 20 years of 914 accumulation here. I have saved everything so I can use the best on my 914-6, after that I may sell it all off. I live 1 mile off RT 400.

Appreciate the offer Al, sharing your experience. Let us know what date.

agrump
Hi Les,

It was good meeting you. Thanks for the pictures. I wandered off toward the smell of stir-fry but was disappointed to find someone using old vegetable oil as fuel. I set off two car alarms when I was leaving the parking deck, I didn’t think my car was that loud. huh.gif
Terrance
FYI, this is a Ferrari 333SP. They ran with IMSA around 1994/5. Very good car, and sounds really really nice.

user posted image

blitZ
QUOTE (Terrance @ Apr 3 2006, 08:04 PM)
FYI, this is a Ferrari 333SP. They ran with IMSA around 1994/5. Very good car, and sounds really really nice.

user posted image

Thanks, didn't know the car was that old. It did sound sweet, I was standing right next to it, when the Ferrari guy started it.

The Ferrari rep was a real nice guy. He had all these high dollar cars roped off, the kids just went under them to peer in the windows and touch the cars. He just sat there watching everyone enjoy themselves. If I had his job, I'd be a happy camper too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.