Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in northern Virginia?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Is there anything going on in northern Virginia? I see many folks on the map but nothing seems to be active here. We can be active if we make it happen. Help me out here. Wazzup? popcorn[1].gif
Marlow
Hey, I'm in Manassas but haven't attended any 914 / Porsche gatherings yet. Car hasn't been up to my level of "reliable" to take trips in. Most of my outings are joy rides on roads that are close to home. Check out the Dorkiphus board too. Mostly 911/944 owners but there are a few 914 owners. I think (don't quote me) that they're ok with 914's in their crowd. They seem to get together often.
Kerrys914
My 914 should be all sorted out by the end of april driving.gif for some fun runs aktion035.gif driving.gif

Maybe a 9:14 breakfast in Fredericksburg, VA? May 6th??? Crackerbarrel just off I95?? wacko.gif

Must be at least ten 914 guys in the area, great bunch of guys. You'll meet about 30 come September at the East Coast Cookout jsharp.gif chowtime.gif

Drop me an e-mail if interested or post here.

plas76targa
Sure, there are people around here - No VA, DC, Md, Cent PA. We had a few of us get together for a 914 breakfast back in October. We're due for another gathering of any type. Start one by posting here. Post it and they will come.
jimkelly
hey - I've been known to eat breakfast : )
robby750
How far are you guys from Lexington,Ky? Come to the Bluegrass Classic next month.
ws91420
Fredericksburg here but car is in Leesburg for now.
JPB
QUOTE (porsche914blue @ Apr 1 2006, 10:10 PM)
Hey, I'm in Manassas but haven't attended any 914 / Porsche gatherings yet. Car hasn't been up to my level of "reliable" to take trips in. Most of my outings are joy rides on roads that are close to home. Check out the Dorkiphus board too. Mostly 911/944 owners but there are a few 914 owners. I think (don't quote me) that they're ok with 914's in their crowd. They seem to get together often.

Sounds like my buggy! I have it gutted and will paint it soon. I just need to get the exhaust I'm thinking of a Bursch is it realy as loud as they say? popcorn[1].gif
JPB
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Apr 1 2006, 10:31 PM)
My 914 should be all sorted out by the end of april driving.gif for some fun runs aktion035.gif driving.gif

Maybe a 9:14 breakfast in Fredericksburg, VA? May 6th??? Crackerbarrel just off I95?? wacko.gif

Must be at least ten 914 guys in the area, great bunch of guys. You'll meet about 30 come September at the East Coast Cookout jsharp.gif chowtime.gif

Drop me an e-mail if interested or post here.

Cool deal! I'm kjust getting started and wanna get in the croud! popcorn[1].gif
JPB
QUOTE (plas76targa @ Apr 1 2006, 10:33 PM)
Sure, there are people around here - No VA, DC, Md, Cent PA. We had a few of us get together for a 914 breakfast back in October. We're due for another gathering of any type. Start one by posting here. Post it and they will come.

Sounds great! I have to get this teener painted before I can venture out. Yesterday, I installed a BMW 320i break upgrade and them pads realy use all of the rotor top and bottom. I also finished fitting a FG 916 GT front end which was a buger to trim. It seems like my front end got a little twisted because my hood on the passenger side is 1/4" higher than the other side. popcorn[1].gif
JPB
For the record, I live in Tappahannock Virginia which is kinda centrally located in Va. If you all can keep me in touch at johnpblouin@aol.com I will keep in touch. As for the response for this post, I must say very cool! mueba.gif
JPB
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Apr 1 2006, 11:34 PM)
Fredericksburg here but car is in Leesburg for now.

Hey your just 45 min. away. Cool. popcorn[1].gif
JPB
QUOTE (jimkelly @ Apr 1 2006, 10:59 PM)
hey - I've been known to eat breakfast : )

MMMM, breakfast good and coffee chowtime.gif makes my throttle foot heavy.
JPB
QUOTE (robby750 @ Apr 1 2006, 11:17 PM)
How far are you guys from Lexington,Ky? Come to the Bluegrass Classic next month.

I'd say about a tank of gas. popcorn[1].gif
JPB
If the weather holds up and I might get the car ready mid May. The painter said that they would keep the car for about three weeks. Then I still have to install all the interior, pull some wires, and giver gas. beer.gif
scottb
QUOTE (JPB @ Apr 2 2006, 07:47 AM)
If the weather holds up and I might get the car ready mid May. The painter said that they would keep the car for about three weeks. Then I still have to install all the interior, pull some wires, and giver gas. beer.gif

cool, your car will be ready for my engine party!!!

gonna stick a new one in sometime late may, early june. beer and bbq for everyone who attends! just over the river from leesburg in poolesville MD.

cheers,

scott
JPB
QUOTE (scottb @ Apr 2 2006, 08:00 AM)
QUOTE (JPB @ Apr 2 2006, 07:47 AM)
If the weather holds up and I might get the car ready mid May.  The painter said that they would keep the car for about three weeks.  Then I still have to install all the interior, pull some wires, and giver gas. beer.gif

cool, your car will be ready for my engine party!!!

gonna stick a new one in sometime late may, early june. beer and bbq for everyone who attends! just over the river from leesburg in poolesville MD.

cheers,

scott

Well that sounds like a must see event since I'm in the mood for a new 2L in my beast. Email me when all is set and ready to go. I'll probably be working on that new Gaylord job accross the Plutnic River in a few. Its part of some arena thing or complex deal. I should be in the neighbour hood then. rocking nana.gif
JPB
I don't konw about ya other Virginia fellows but this storm system has got to go away. Lots of lights and wind out here at 8:39 PM unsure.gif
Dr Evil
Dont forget to come to Hershey on the 22nd
JPB
Call me slow but thats at Heshey park Pa. right?

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Ok Slow,
Nope, it is in Hershey. Hershey park is across the street wink.gif It is the worlds largest Porsche only swap meet. You gonna make it?
JPB
Cool, only hear of the event and didn't know a thing about it. Sounds cool non the less. Is this the big one for us east coast members?
popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Well, the Hershey thing is for all of Porshe, not just us. It is a great excuse to get together and buy/sell junk, swap stories, drink beer, etc.

For the 914 East guys I think the big event is the East Coast Cookout held by Kerry. It is not as big as the WCC, but it is still worth the trip IMHO. This year is looking like it will be even bigger. there should be a thread about it nailed at the top of the page in the garage.
type47
the potomac region of pca holds tech sessions which are inspections of cars for participation in drivers education events and casual inspections of cars for discussion only. i think the next one is sat apr 29 but check the potomac web site pcapotomac.org to make sure. free donuts, chat, advise for your car...

hershey is p-car overload! but if you're looking for 914 parts, the swap meet is sunday apr 23! wink.gif
Rick L
I'm stuck here in the middle, Baltimore-ish. Halfway between Hershey and Fredricksburg. I'm looking forward to both events, but I too have a car sans interior waiting for fresh paint. Hoping it's ready in the week or two so I can go get it. It won't be long after that you all will be tired of seeing me! cool.gif
Rick L
scott, keep me posted. For beer and bbq I'd just about let you use me as a jackstand! beer3.gif
zymurgist
Babydoll's home is in Fairfax Station, VA, but currently lives near Hagerstown, MD. She only comes out on sunny days because she will turn into a pumpkin if she gets wet. wink.gif

Hershey... now that's not far from Harrisburg (home of the Appalachian Breweing Company on Cameron Street). Mmmmm, beer.
JPB
I just need to get a muffler on it and cut out the slot if it needs it on the FG GT rear and we are off to the paint shop!!!!!!! I just ran the car twice since I got it and hope there aren't to many surprises. I never knew a car could be addicting to drive.

popcorn[1].gif
Kerrys914
Anyone up for a Breakfast next month?? unsure.gif

Also, since I will be a support vehicle I can pick up some parts for you guys from Hershey..If you walking around and see something you like but can't it it inyou teener....Give me a call on my cell I might be able to help..My shopping list is for small stuff...I think most of you have my cell.. If you need it e-mail me. beer.gif

Cheers type.gif
Nick
I'm in bethesda and I'll be at Hershey and probably any event that is held around the DC area
JPB
How about cell phone #'s; that way we can all get located at the event? Its just a newbie thing I guess.

beer.gif Must consume mass quantities of cold ones!
Dr Evil
The week before I will be posting a contact thread with my pic so ya'll know who to look for. hoepfully others will follow suit so I don't just walk past ya. I will be giving out my cell # privately (I dont like to post it) that week to who ever wants it.
JPB
Even though he is evil, the doctor knows best!

happy11.gif
JohnB
jpb,

I get up and down your way every other week or so on my way to/from the ESVA. Tappahannock is a nice town. Used to live in F'burg and Welby's name is awfully familiar (did he/does he work at NSWC?) and now live closer to Leesburg. Business takes me all over the state so if either of you need delivery service for something just let me know.

May 6th for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel off Rt 1 on the south side of F'burg? You might want to make that a lunch instead for us longer distance drivers. I could be up for that.

I plan to be at Hershey if it doesn't rain. Between now and then I'll be in Ireland!

Guiness on ya!

john beer3.gif
JohnB
Kerry's cook-out is a cool thing, forgot to add.

JPB, where'd you get your car? We have a member in Charlottesville who's looking to get rid of his. At this point it's more a parts car but in pretty decent shape. The fatal longitudinal rot finally did it in but everything else is in good shape.

And, OK,yes, Guinness is spelled with two N's.

john
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.