Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went for a ride...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I have had the car for about 5 weeks now and ahve taken little time to drive it. Got the lights all wired right, as far as I can tell, but for some friggin reason, I still don't have the driver side signal working. Anyway it's only a 1.8, but sssshhhhheeeeeooott!! driving.gif was it fun...I'm thinking about getting my ass out of bed in the early am and going again.. I feel like a 16 year old that just got his lisc...... aktion035.gif

I'm so glad I sold the project and got something I could drive now.. boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
who is the sucker person who bought the project....

MORE PICS OF YOUR RIDE YO
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 07:36 PM)

av-943.gif Be nice, he's on here from time to time...
Not sure what his screen name is... He will be the guy trashing the work the PO did on his car... av-943.gif I need to take some pics, will post tomorrow.

You wanna come help me jet the carb? seems to run a bit rough...
ClayPerrine
You asked for this!!!
TINCAN914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Apr 1 2006, 07:40 PM)
You asked for this!!!

mueba.gif I know, I know....
sean_v8_914
where do you guys get the " this thread is worthless..." icon?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Apr 1 2006, 07:57 PM)
where do you guys get the " this thread is worthless..." icon?

At the bottom of the smiley box click on " show all" thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
r_towle
QUOTE (bmunday @ Apr 1 2006, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 07:36 PM)

av-943.gif Be nice, he's on here from time to time...
Not sure what his screen name is... He will be the guy trashing the work the PO did on his car... av-943.gif I need to take some pics, will post tomorrow.

You wanna come help me jet the carb? seems to run a bit rough...

please tell me you mean CARBS, not carb...as in single...

Rich
TINCAN914
Wish I could PO only went with one... I plan to double up...
TINCAN914
Here are a few I just snapped Dbl Aron...
TINCAN914
nuther
Aaron Cox
PO has identity crisis for sure!!! stickers, grilll letters, rea reflector...

its a porsche! i dont know how many times i have to tell people LOL
TINCAN914
again...
TINCAN914
anutter
TINCAN914
last one, try to overlook the silicon dry.gif headbang.gif the PO used in place of the seal.....
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 08:29 PM)

sticker is mine.. from "Z"
TINCAN914
I want to dump the reflector, but I don't know what's worse, the exposed holes from the mounting point, or the reflector? laugh.gif
Brando
GORGEOUS!!!

Looks nice, Brian. I hope you're enjoying it.

PS: What kind of steering wheel is that?
Andyrew
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 1 2006, 09:29 PM)

LOL

seriously..

but it does look nice!
JPB
Steering wheel looks good. I was going to get one like it. One dude has them on ebay for a damn good price. I just have been perverted to the MOMO Pilota II and can't seem to shake it off. popcorn[1].gif
Brew
Brian,

Congrats! And it does look purty....

Dont go too crazy messin with that carb, you're gonna have to do it all over again when you move to over a mile above sea level anyway. Oh, and you're gonna need smaller jets.....
JPB
Hey, as for the Porsche logos, it is acceptable and even mandatory to see it on every angle or flat surface for educational purposes. One thing thats for shure, all the assholes in the croud will come and say its not a real porsche. Your answer needs to be, " your car is not a real _ _ _ _ _ _ since most of the electronics come from J-Pan biotch!" alfred.gif
JPB
QUOTE (Brew @ Apr 2 2006, 08:43 AM)
Brian,

Dont go too crazy messin with that carb, you're gonna have to do it all over again when you move to over a mile above sea level anyway. Oh, and you're gonna need smaller jets.....

I like one carb for dependability and hassel free lard assed vrooming. I'm thinking of an Outlaw weber for mine, it's got a progressive right now and I will upgrade to a 2L hopefully soon. popcorn[1].gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Brando @ Apr 1 2006, 09:58 PM)
GORGEOUS!!!

Looks nice, Brian. I hope you're enjoying it.

PS: What kind of steering wheel is that?

Brando,

It's a MOMO knock off bascially, Mookeeh, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEERING-WH...627347213QQrdZ1 ebay link. Until I know exactly what I wanted, I bought this one. The wheel the PO had on was crap and falling apart.

Thanks, the paint is shi**y, but I'm not going to compain about it that much. It runs and is in fair shape..
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Brew @ Apr 2 2006, 05:43 AM)
Brian,

Thanks Brew, I actually thought the same thing, just drive it as is, not a DD anyway, then have it adjusted when we get there..
I guess I can try and bribe you guy's with BBQ and beer to help me set it up... jsharp.gif biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (JPB @ Apr 2 2006, 05:48 AM)
Hey, as for the Porsche logos, it is acceptable and even mandatory to see it on every angle or flat surface for educational purposes. One thing thats for shure, all the assholes in the croud will come and say its not a real porsche. Your answer needs to be, " your car is not a real _ _ _ _ _ _ since most of the electronics come from J-Pan biotch!" alfred.gif

I'm not worried about someone giving me crap about it. I'm not hip on the rear reflector, but the guy had it already mounted and since there are four holes drilled in the rear, I didn't want to screw with it until I go to have it repainted. I don't know what's worse the reflector or the holes.

Thanks for all the kind words guy's. wink.gif
pfierb
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 2 2006, 12:29 AM)

Aaron,Worse than that was in the glass shop the other day having the windshield fixed when one of the glass installers said to me " Nice Fiat you got there what year is it"? could have killed him but I just smiled.
drewvw

good looking car..... cool.gif
jim_hoyland
Nice looking ride Brian ! Love the color
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.