Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "A smorgie board" of parts and experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
I am starting to assemble a 914-6GT/916 Replica after collecting many items over the past several years. Originally, I built a 914-8 over fifteen years ago using the old information from Rod Simpson and Renegade Hybrid. In sum, did not like the way it handled, parts availability, and knowledgeable people. You should see the notes and publications I have. The car was completed mechanically and set in my garage until I moved to Flagstaff. Thus, the current project came alive a couple of years ago and now I am starting the slow rebuilding.

At this stage, I started going over different available parts from the members. I was very much surprised as to the different types of products, the quality, and the level of knowledge available. This board has most of what I need during the building process except for a few major items.

I have ordered several items I need to get started on the body assembly such as tow package (have to have an easy way of moving it), electrical fuse box (banquet type fuses), and gas lines. Boy, do I ever need these items as well as such things as screw on rear mirror, rear suspension stress kitting at the attachment points, etc. I know I am leaving alot ot things out since I have not reviewed the entire product lines available with my car needs; the main thing is you have an excellent sellection of quality parts to make your car better.

Rich Johnson is an excellent source to go to for information and parts. I am using him for the conversion flywheel, clutch parkage, etc.

I am going to use the Group for parts, knowledge, information, general bad time, and whatever goes along with it. I would like other members to do the same on their projects since the different products are made by ourown, they are excellent quality, available withing a short time period.

Do I kike this Board??? Yes!!!! It gives me my daily fix!!!! No cure, just continuingly feeding the "sickness".
J P Stein
Life is easier for we conversion types since the internet was born.....simple by comparison. The only trick is sorting thru the BS.
Enjoy. biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (shoguneagle @ Apr 2 2006, 01:59 PM)
Originally, I built a 914-8 over fifteen years ago using the old information from Rod Simpson and Renegade Hybrid. In sum, did not like the way it handled, parts availability, and knowledgeable people. You should see the notes and publications I have. The car was completed mechanically and set in my garage until I moved to Flagstaff.

What happened to it? In 15+ years the support and knowledge for V8 conversions has come a long way... smile.gif

maybe that's why I'm going down another unpaved path... laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.