Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
mstein95
I'd love to go but can't as my wife is directing the choir at the high school graduation ceremony tomorrow night. That means I've got to stay home with the kiddies.

Next Tuesday I AM THERE!! driving.gif
Root_Werks
I am "Swapping" 914's for Ed's black six tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll keep it for a day and drive it to Carnation. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
I am up for it. Let me know as I will need to drop Elijah off at the Grandparents.

Jon
messix
well that would be 2 sixes against my little 1.8, do you guys think you could keep up?

i'll be all set to go by about 6:30, dan do you wanna take I5 or hwy 9 to get down this far?

we could meet over by my house.
PeeGreen 914
I hope the weather is as nice as today. 6:30 is fine by me. I don't know if my 6 ca keep up Troy av-943.gif Sorry, had too. So who else is going to come? Anyone....Anyone?
effutuo101
I will bring my vw, but not a 914. Where to meet?
messix
how about the bartell drug store parking lot at seattle hill rd and 132 st se
6:30 ? or is 7"00 better?
KELTY360
Wish I could make it but my rental house got flooded by a broken toilet tank valve today. Have to replace all the carpet, sheet rock 2' up the walls, floor insulation....after we get it dried out. At least insurance covers most of it.

Just when I thought i was getting some free time headbang.gif

Enjoy.
PeeGreen 914
The Bartell works. Whatever time you guys want works for me. My wife will be home by 4:30 to watch the kidlet biggrin.gif . Sounds like fun. Sorry about the whole flooding thing. I have had that happen in a few of our rentals. It's like renters don't know what the shut off valve is. headbang.gif .
effutuo101
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 18 2007, 09:51 PM) *

how about the bartell drug store parking lot at seattle hill rd and 132 st se
6:30 ? or is 7"00 better?

I'll be there. between 6:30 and 7"00 wink.gif Now if I can just get mapblast to cooperate...
PeeGreen 914
I'llbe there by 6:30. Chris, if you take 128th toward Seattle Hill Road it turns into 132nd. The Bartell's is relativly new on the corner of 132nd and Seattle Hill Road.
messix
see ya guys in bit driving.gif
effutuo101
Yep, figured it out. I looked up the address for Bartells and mapped it. biggrin.gif
Rand
I've got a date with my daughter tonight so I can't make it. (I know, my priorities are all messed up. Haha.)

Have a good time guys. Catch you next time.
messix
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 19 2007, 06:16 PM) *

Yep, figured it out. I looked up the address for Bartells and mapped it. biggrin.gif

Brain surgeon... rolleyes.gif
Root_Werks
No can do for me tonight. Have to work. sad.gif
messix
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 19 2007, 06:24 PM) *

I've got a date with my daughter tonight so I can't make it. (I know, my priorities are all messed up. Haha.)

Have a good time guys. Catch you next time.

bring her with!
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 19 2007, 06:25 PM) *

No can do for me tonight. Have to work. sad.gif

CHICKEN!!
914werke
Sorry to miss. sad.gif
(sitting poolside in dallas smoking stogie smoke.gif drinkin turkey beer3.gif)
effutuo101
Dallas? wow. sittin by the pool. That is cool. We had a small gathering and had fun on the drive out. ( I almost sideswiped a cop in my passat). But, good fun had by the three of us that showed. We will see more people next time.
messix
i filled up a Z06 's rear view mirror on a down hill twisty.... suprised him.
PeeGreen 914
Hey guys. It was fun getting together to BS. until next week....

Jon
messix
i met a nother teener owner at the barber shop, he needs a alternater put in to get mobile agian. maybe he will post up and we could do a teener tueday to install it.
PeeGreen 914
Just give him my number and I will do it for him so he can just go with us. It should only take 30 min if everything goes well.
rjames
It should only take 30 min if everything goes well.

Not having done this before I'd like to watch a couple of masters perform the work. Especially if it can be done in 30 minutes. Others have said that replacing the alt is a royal pain unless you drop the engine, which also sounds like a royal pain to me.

Post here when the work will be done, and I'll come over and lend moral suport and learn some new skills!
beer.gif
effutuo101
I spotted a yellow teener this afternoon on my way home. I405 in Bellevue. Anybody here?
effutuo101
I would like to see the alt replacement as well. forgot to add that to previous post
Rand
I would love to see someone swap an alternator on a 914 in 30 minutes. popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
All right. You all can watch. the 30 minutes was more of a figure of speach meaning it doesn't take too long. It's on the side of the engine. You don't need to drop anything. You just need to have the sheet metal out of the way. However, if you are all there it will take longer with everyone chattin. clap56.gif . Oh, I forgot to account for if the heater blower is above it. The ones I did didn't have heat so that wasn't a problem. However, I had to replace the damn alternator four times before I finally got a good one. headbang.gif . So anyhow, it will be good to have everyone together biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 21 2007, 10:39 PM) *

All right. You all can watch. the 30 minutes was more of a figure of speach meaning it doesn't take too long. It's on the side of the engine. You don't need to drop anything. You just need to have the sheet metal out of the way. However, if you are all there it will take longer with everyone chattin. clap56.gif . Oh, I forgot to account for if the heater blower is above it. The ones I did didn't have heat so that wasn't a problem. However, I had to replace the damn alternator four times before I finally got a good one. headbang.gif . So anyhow, it will be good to have everyone together biggrin.gif

you just have to quit pissin' off the parts guys..... they give you the cleaned up cores when you piss em off!

i wouldn't know anything about this, i just grew up in auto parts and repair shops. cool_shades.gif
mstein95
I watched Dave Hunt replace an alternator at WCC 06. It took about two beers. The way I was milking those beers - I'd gander an hour.
beer3.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 22 2007, 01:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 21 2007, 10:39 PM) *

you just have to quit pissin' off the parts guys..... they give you the cleaned up cores when you piss em off!

i wouldn't know anything about this, i just grew up in auto parts and repair shops. cool_shades.gif

No pissing anyone off. I had a buch of them sitting around, and didn't know which ones were good. Out of six that I had I found I only had two that were any good. Can't complain when they are all free;)

QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jun 22 2007, 07:41 AM) *

I watched Dave Hunt replace an alternator at WCC 06. It took about two beers. The way I was milking those beers - I'd gander an hour.
beer3.gif

Yeah, that seems about right if chattin while workin.
PeeGreen 914
Hey, I saw a black 914-6 with GT flares in Everett today. The guy was wearing ear covers. Any idea who it was?
messix
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 22 2007, 06:38 PM) *

Hey, I saw a black 914-6 with GT flares in Everett today. The guy was wearing ear covers. Any idea who it was?

dan driving "Ed's" car or "Ed driving his own car.

i say "Ed" because i don't believe that "Ed" exists. it's just dan's alter ego. idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
It looked nice. I would like to see it a little closer.
dinomium
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 22 2007, 11:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 22 2007, 06:38 PM) *

dan driving "Ed's" car or "Ed driving his own car.

i say "Ed" because i don't believe that "Ed" exists. it's just dan's alter ego. idea.gif

you haffa beleaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee! Just like I believe Ugmo will get painted one day! LOL!
I am off to the shop to get all my 914s organized!

sawzall-smiley.gif boldblue.gif welder.gif headbang.gif ar15.gif driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
All? How many do you have? Do you go out to the PCA events in Bremerton?
dinomium
I have two teeners plus one that is ready for the boneyard (free to a good home!) and sometimes I can be found kickin rocks out at Bremerton. I just changed jobs and had the inlaws intown for two weeks, so I have not been on the scene much...

I live real close to the ferry landing and the track. So I really dont have a good excuse for missing events there. Having said that, I am booked solid for the next two weeks again! dho!
PeeGreen 914
Well, you will have to get out there soon. I will be at the rest for the year as I need to go to at least four more in order to take 1st in my class. Your teener ready for the bone yard... anything good on it? I may be willing to take it if you have anything left on there worth salvage.
dinomium
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 23 2007, 10:46 AM) *

Well, you will have to get out there soon. I will be at the rest for the year as I need to go to at least four more in order to take 1st in my class. Your teener ready for the bone yard... anything good on it? I may be willing to take it if you have anything left on there worth salvage.

Good luck out there! PM or email me your ETAs and I will make the effort to at least come out and say hi

THe junker is really just that. It has a pair of trailing arms and one undented front fender. The car is sitting on a moving dolly right now LOL
Wife really wants that one gone!
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif I have one like that. My wife has been getting on me about getting rid of it.

I get out there around 8:00, but I help set up the course. I am generally done by 9:30 and from then until I run I don't have to do anything. There is generally a few 914s out there. If the weather is nice we are generally there until about 4:00 or so.
DNHunt
beer3.gif

That incident still gets mentioned every communion (wash my mouth out with soap). It sure seemed like longer than an hour.

Dave
effutuo101
Its because you are so good at it!
mstein95
icon_bump.gif

Its going to be beautiful tomorrow. Wife gave me the thumbs up (or was that the finger?) to spend the evening cavorting with my 914 comrades. Where are we meeting tomorrow?

Somewhere South of Lynnwood prefered. I missed the meet at the Alki location - what about there? Or somewhere on the East side so we can do some driving. Any word from the guy needing the alternator? Work party?

Does someone centrally located want to host? Kevine? Rand? Dan? Rich? Jon? Robert? Geoff? (I'm sure I'm missing someone) I'll bring burgers.
914werke
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 23 2007, 09:43 PM) *

beer3.gif

That incident still gets mentioned every communion (wash my mouth out with soap). It sure seemed like longer than an hour.

Dave

I remember it being about two beers long biggrin.gif
As for tomorrow, Id finnaly be able to make cept for being
SICK AS A DOG mad.gif Sinus infucktion! Price you pay for
spending all you time on planes. headbang.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hey guys. If the weather is going to be nice tomorrow I am willing to go as far as South Seattle or the East Side somewhere. I would host something at my place, but I don't have my BBQ yet. Let go have some fun.

Jon
messix
i'm on-call agian sad.gif so some were lynnwood north seattle area would work for me
rjames
I will try and make this one. East side (if it's close to downtown bellevue) works for me, as does anywhere not to far from downtown seattle, including Alki.

dinomium
Sorry guys, you are all a hour ferry ride away, so Tuesdays are out for me
sad.gif
sixnotfour
Dino, what year is the part out car? looking for 1970
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.