Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
effutuo101
some more
effutuo101
the drive home...
dinomium
Sorry I missed it, I was getting my ingrown toenail fix... TMI I KNOW!!
I used to jump off that bridge in Carnation when I was young...

Dave, should we meet at Hooters South next time?
effutuo101
There are more pictures, but not on my camera. Hopefully they will get posted shortly. So, all winners and no wammy's. Any auto x this weekend? a couple of fast corners and the blood was brought back to a simmer. Heart rate didn't increase, but the corners and braking zones got my attention. I had a great time and a couple of Schumacher moments where I was screaming for some more ponies to pull me out of some corners. Thanks to Troy for showing us the long way there and back!
So, we had:
driving.gif driving.gif givemebeer.gif beer.gif poke.gif chowtime.gif dead horse.gif driving.gif

Hope everybody had fun!
Rand
Greenie started another thread with more photos. Just don't tell him that ugly chick's husband is looking for him. av-943.gif

Hey solo914!! My son told me about you. Looking forward to meeting you next time. Let me know if you want a hand troubleshooting.
effutuo101
We could have thrown down the grub and run over and helped you out if we had known! Hopefully you get it sorted out. If not, we can help
messix
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:57 AM) *

There are more pictures, but not on my camera. Hopefully they will get posted shortly. So, all winners and no wammy's. Any auto x this weekend? a couple of fast corners and the blood was brought back to a simmer. Heart rate didn't increase, but the corners and braking zones got my attention. I had a great time and a couple of Schumacher moments where I was screaming for some more ponies to pull me out of some corners. Thanks to Troy for showing us the long way there and back!
So, we had:
driving.gif driving.gif givemebeer.gif beer.gif poke.gif chowtime.gif dead horse.gif driving.gif

Hope everybody had fun!

gotta love that high bridge road! every once in a while i'll remember a good twisty back roads. i'll do my best to think of some more.
kevine
Puget Sound Teeners:

The following classified came up on craigslist/seattle today (no affiliation).

kevine

-----

1974 Porsche 914 parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-156336231@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-01, 8:57AM PDT

Lights, lenses, etc $offer
Targa top
Rear bumper and lower valance
Inter/Exter trim
Side windows and tracks
Rear window
Fuel Tank - excellent $125
Seats
Ending lid w/hinges
Dash and skeleton
gauge cluster
center console w/3 gauges
shift assembly, rods linkage, etc...
pedal assy
seat belts
heating components
make offers...
425-255-3981

this is in or around Issaquah

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
stephen7
HEY

I bought that car today!

It must have been posted early this morning but I got a hold of the guy.

It is a nice roller with alot of great parts.

I'll post some pics soon.

the best part is the triad exhaust for $100.

woo hoo.

steve

QUOTE(kevine @ May 1 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Puget Sound Teeners:

The following classified came up on craigslist/seattle today (no affiliation).

kevine

-----

1974 Porsche 914 parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-156336231@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-05-01, 8:57AM PDT

Lights, lenses, etc $offer
Targa top
Rear bumper and lower valance
Inter/Exter trim
Side windows and tracks
Rear window
Fuel Tank - excellent $125
Seats
Ending lid w/hinges
Dash and skeleton
gauge cluster
center console w/3 gauges
shift assembly, rods linkage, etc...
pedal assy
seat belts
heating components
make offers...
425-255-3981

this is in or around Issaquah

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

effutuo101
If you are parting it out. I need all of the e brake stuff....Let me know.
Solo914
[quote name='stephen7' post='672740' date='May 1 2006, 09:09 PM']
HEY

I bought that car today!

It must have been posted early this morning but I got a hold of the guy.

It is a nice roller with alot of great parts.

I'll post some pics soon.

the best part is the triad exhaust for $100.

woo hoo.

steve

[/quote]
[/quote]

I was on my way to pick up the motor and tranny and the guy said not to bother because a guy was heading his way at the same time with cash... did you get that also????
stephen7
No I didn't get the motor - probably should have - I wasn't even thinking about getting the whole car but the guy didn't really want to mess with parting it.

the motor looked pretty good from the outside but it was a 1.8

pretty nice find

steve

messix
bump
Solo914
QUOTE(messix @ May 6 2006, 10:10 AM) *

bump

Are we doing a teener tuesday this next week?
rhodyguy
i've never seen our name spelled that way.

kevin
Rand
Well, if nothing else comes through, how about Redhook Brewery?
smooth_eddy
Does Red Hook have food? Looks like I can make this one and the weather is supposed to be okay. Eddy
kevine
Redhook works for me. What time?

kevine
messix
last time i was there they had food. i'll be there about 6:30-7
Solo914
I had lunch at Redhook on Friday... Food was good but that's not why I went there...... smile.gif

I've got softball on Tuesday Night. Should be done around 8-8:30. I will be driving past there on my way home... If you guys are still there I will stop in.
dinomium
Sorry, guys if you are talking about the red hook in Woody ville, I will have to pass... just to far back to Bremerton

Next one I vote for Pyramid or Hooters Tackyoma!!

drunk.gif
sportlicherFahrer
sorry guys, I have to work and I'm not off until 9:15. sad.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ May 7 2006, 05:48 PM) *

last time i was there they had food. i'll be there about 6:30-7

Need an address, I should be able to make it.
mstein95
I'd love to join ya but the location puts me just out of distance for a casual gathering. Something about being well rested the next day for that job that pays the 914 bills.

Next time somewhere on the South side of Seattle and I'm there!
driving.gif
messix
come on you south end guys. you gotta come up with one on the south sound. us north end guys are all for getting together up here, but you south end contingent guys should be able to come up with something, i might not be able to get down there but in sure others that are closer can.
here maybe some places closer south: bahama breeze in south center, mc cabes in tacoma, some place in auburn or fedway.
messix
and for you dino maybe we might be able to hit something on alki or downtown sea.
sportlicherFahrer
If anyone local is doing anything fun in the sun tonight, PM me please! The weather is too good to get stuck under the car!
KELTY360
Teener Tuesday Alert!

Tuesday, May 23. Let's meet at the Roanoke Inn on the north end of Mercer Island. 1825 72nd Ave SE. Parking is tight, but I've arranged for reserved parking across the street at the VFW Hall. I'll be there by 6:30 PM.

The Roanoke is a cool old place, has an old roadhouse feel to it with a big front porch and a patio. Good food and a pretty crusty atmosphere for an upscale neighborhood. Best part is the tour around Mercer Island afterwards - some real fine twists and turns. The Kitsap guys could take the Bremerton ferry and be there 15 minutes after they hit the dock in Seattle.

Here's a link for info, a map and directions. Roanoke Inn

Whos' in?
Solo914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 19 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Teener Tuesday Alert!

Tuesday, May 23. Let's meet at the Roanoke Inn on the north end of Mercer Island. 1825 72nd Ave SE. Parking is tight, but I've arranged for reserved parking across the street at the VFW Hall. I'll be there by 6:30 PM.

The Roanoke is a cool old place, has an old roadhouse feel to it with a big front porch and a patio. Good food and a pretty crusty atmosphere for an upscale neighborhood. Best part is the tour around Mercer Island afterwards - some real fine twists and turns. The Kitsap guys could take the Bremerton ferry and be there 15 minutes after they hit the dock in Seattle.

Whos' in?

I love that place.. I'll be there. Finally I can make a Teener Tuesday
sportlicherFahrer
I will check my work schedule. Hopefully I can make it!
effutuo101
I plan to be there. Barring any problems at work.
greenie
Greenies In chowtime.gif !

Greenie
mstein95
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 19 2006, 11:33 AM) *

I will check my work schedule. Hopefully I can make it!

sportlicherFahrer - let me know if you're going - I will follow you up.
messix
should be good to go for me.
dinomium
If I can drive, I will be there! Find out Tuesday if I have to go bak for more toe cutting!
WE REMEMBER THE NIGHT RIDER! Bronze can't take that away!
sportlicherFahrer
I will be sure to let you know mstein. I forgot to look today, but I will check tomorrow.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Solo914 @ May 19 2006, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 19 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Teener Tuesday Alert!

Whos' in?

I love that place.. I'll be there. Finally I can make a Teener Tuesday

icon_bump.gif Anybody else?
kevine
Kelty,

I plan to attend.

kevine
messix
see ya tomorrow guys
sportlicherFahrer
I will be there! I got the day off work.
rhodyguy
perhaps next time. M.I @ 6:30? no!!

k
DNHunt
Can't make it. I gotta get my car back together for Thurday blast off for Cali.

Some dumb idjut (me) hooked up a 12V wire to a ground in the relay box for the fuel injection and made a bunch of magic smoke. So I'm soldering like mad tonight.

Dave
kevine
If anybody wants to part with a spare window crank tonight, I'll buy it at the going price (broke off yesterday).

kevine
rhodyguy
black base or chrome?

k
mstein95
Jim and I will be heading out of Pierce County @ 5:00pm - anyone else we need to pick up along the way?

See you all there.
rhodyguy
listen to KOMO (am 1000) for the traffic reports so you can make adjustments to your route. you could stop by and pick up a window crank handle for kevine if i find out what's needed.

k
effutuo101
Are we still on for Roanoke Inn at 6:30?
Chris
Solo914
I will be there.... beer3.gif
dinomium
Sorry, guys
I did get the stitches outta my toe, but I think the rain and inablity to wear any shoes or sock are going to keep me sidelined for another week
Eddie914
This is killing me! Close ... so very close! But I don't think I can make the event (the Roanoke Inn is even nice and close).

We got the 3.2 into the teener this weekend. WOW! Scary fast (once it's running on the main jets). Unfortunately the idle circuits on the Webers still need a lot of work. Lots of coughing and popping. It's got fresh fuel and the bowls and passages have been cleaned multiple times. Looks like the 46's are going to have to come off for a thorough cleaning and set-up. I'm tempted to put the 40's on for a test.

Additionally, my wife is working this evening and the kids need my attention.

Have a great time!

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.