Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
PeeGreen 914
It was nice to meet you Southies beerchug.gif . Hope to see you guys on Saturday. Well, I know I will see Mike driving.gif

Poor Troy got 5 0d on the way home. I came around a corner and noticed the black Edmonds police car sitting there then looked in my rear view to see Troy come around the corner to get nabbed. It should be a 30 or 35 zone but is a 25. chair.gif

So Troy, how much is it?
effutuo101
troy MDB2.gif
busted_cop.gif
Didn't the po-po like your tap dance? Sorry Troy! Had to:
happy11.gif
messix
oohh! it was not good!

i didn't realize tabs WERE due back in october! and he said 41 in a 25! and i couldn't find my insurance card! but he let that one go.

so tomorrow i go get classic car plates [ i won't have to remember to go get tabs on that car any more.

and the thing is i didn't even think i was speeding, just putting along.

how much?...... lets just say i would rather have a renshifter.

so go to court i go and play every ticket fitting trick there is.

did you see how he had that radar gun kinda hanging out the window?

wasn't there another car going the opposite direction?

lets see subpoena operator instructions on proper operation of radar gun. and officers training cert. and last calibration of radar gun from manufacture.
PeeGreen 914
Troy... just hire a lawyer on this one.

John Eltringham is very good. He has got me off of every ticket I have gave to him. Well, all two of them. However, he is the lawyer that Park Place LTDs employees use and he does very well for them. 206-650-6560.
6freak
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 8 2008, 10:57 PM) *

Had a lot of fun tonight guys! THANK YOU for the ride Mike. It was......inspirational. biggrin.gif driving.gif

It was a good time and the food was great! your welcome Jim !! glad it put a smile on your face.And i didnt even use the nitrous av-943.gif holy s%@#
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Apr 8 2008, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Apr 8 2008, 10:57 PM) *

Had a lot of fun tonight guys! THANK YOU for the ride Mike. It was......inspirational. biggrin.gif driving.gif

Ditto.

Had a blast. If the girlfriend approves, I'll see if I can out to Bremerton on Saturday for some spectating. I'm sure it'll leave me drooley.gif and wishing I actually had some money to put into my car.

Can i go play honey LOL..... Its you or the car honey ....Boy i sure will miss you . av-943.gif ...just kidding John hope to see you on saterday .....hey you can hitch a ride with me if you like let me know a.s.a.p ..I leave around 6;30.It will be a long day if i run last and i dont know the order tell i get there
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 10 2008, 03:01 PM) *

Can i go play honey LOL..... Its you or the car honey ....Boy i sure will miss you . av-943.gif ...just kidding John hope to see you on saterday .....hey you can hitch a ride with me if you like let me know a.s.a.p ..I leave around 6;30.It will be a long day if i run last and i dont know the order tell i get there

Actually, she bought my 914 for me as a birthday present. (She understands the disease. biggrin.gif )

I'd love to ride with you, unfortunately I have dinner plans so it'd probably be a better idea for me to drive myself. In case I need to take off before you. ( headbang.gif I can't believe I'm turning down another ride in your car)

I'll see what she says tonight and let you know. If I'm lucky (depending upon the size of my paycheck), I'll insure the teener tomorrow and drive her Saturday. If it works out, maybe we can convoy.
effutuo101
Come on! you have to drive. It is supposed to be beautiful on Saturday! I might even show up!
Chris
bare 1
You guys ever run up Whidbey Is ? I love driving my teener here. driving.gif Perhaps I could show some of you around. Some great curvey roads and georgeous top off scenery in the summer. And a ferry ride for all you townies to trip on. biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(bare 1 @ Apr 10 2008, 09:53 PM) *

You guys ever run up Whidbey Is ? I love driving my teener here. driving.gif Perhaps I could show some of you around. Some great curvey roads and georgeous top off scenery in the summer. And a ferry ride for all you townies to trip on. biggrin.gif

i live 15 min from the ferry, and yeah whidbey cruise would be great!
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Apr 10 2008, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 10 2008, 03:01 PM) *

Actually, she bought my 914 for me as a birthday present. (She understands the disease. biggrin.gif )

I'd love to ride with you, unfortunately I have dinner plans so it'd probably be a better idea for me to drive myself. In case I need to take off before you. ( headbang.gif I can't believe I'm turning down another ride in your car)

I'll see what she says tonight and let you know. If I'm lucky (depending upon the size of my paycheck), I'll insure the teener tomorrow and drive her Saturday. If it works out, maybe we can convoy.

I trailer the 6 to and from the track ..Saves the miles and i can haul tires and such
RockinOldSchool

I trailer the 6 to and from the track ..Saves the miles and i can haul tires and such

Oh ya, forgot about that. Now I don't feel so bad. biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(bare 1 @ Apr 10 2008, 09:53 PM) *

Count me in on the Island cruize.....AX bremerton Saterday ..be there! talks cheap race tires are not .....lol
rhodyguy
if you didn't get pinned for the $480ish ins and $$$expired tabs you might just pay the ticket. he could have lit you up for an invalid registration too. you were fortunate. or...prob $200+ an hour portal to portal for the mouth piece to fight an infraction you ARE guilty of. lucky it wasn't a school/work zone. everything is x2. chose your poison and stay out of edmonds if you go the fighting route. there's only so many white 914s with frontend damage in snoho country.

k
bare 1
Yes talk is cheap And all I can afford right now. Besides all the scenery is buried in the cloud cover. Cascades and Olympics are hiding and it's too cold for my skinny butt to take the top off. This would need some planning to work out well but would be a great day trip for a few people. Ferry ride, curvy roads, some shopping for the GF/Mrs, site seeing, lunch,Deception Pass , a run up Mt Erie on Fidalgo , Dinner at the Rock Fish Grill in Anacortes Sunset at Washington Park with a view of the San Juans. A long day for sure. Not something for the cold crappy days we are having now. More like August. When the weather is better and I actually will have some positive cash flow. I hope. Any one interested contact me perhaps we can put this together.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(bare 1 @ Apr 11 2008, 11:28 AM) *

Yes talk is cheap And all I can afford right now. Besides all the scenery is buried in the cloud cover. Cascades and Olympics are hiding and it's too cold for my skinny butt to take the top off. This would need some planning to work out well but would be a great day trip for a few people. Ferry ride, curvy roads, some shopping for the GF/Mrs, site seeing, lunch,Deception Pass , a run up Mt Erie on Fidalgo , Dinner at the Rock Fish Grill in Anacortes Sunset at Washington Park with a view of the San Juans. A long day for sure. Not something for the cold crappy days we are having now. More like August. When the weather is better and I actually will have some positive cash flow. I hope. Any one interested contact me perhaps we can put this together.

Is your car black? I saw a really nice black 914 a few years ago parked in front of Crescent Harbor Elementary. It had vents in the rear fenders ahead of the wheel wells.
PeeGreen 914
That is a very fun drive. August you say? That should be a good time to do it.
RockinOldSchool

I'm up for it! Just need to make sure I know far enough in advance if it's early august or sooner so i can get that day off work. Late august, probably will be free ALL the time. Will be leaving my current job and moving to Bellingham around then to start school in September.
6freak

count me in! just tell me when and where....no disrespect with the talk is cheap comment just trying to be funny....... shades.gif
RockinOldSchool
So looks like I'll be going tomorrow. Got insurance on the teener this morning and am about to head out into the garage to give her a once-over real quick.
Hope to see a few of you there. Now just out of curiosity, I read that to attend you have to be a PCA member or invited guest. Are they gonna hassle me for not being a member? Or do I just say I'm with one of you guys?
PeeGreen 914
You own a Porsche..... that's enough for them. Our group is rather leanient.
bare 1
No offence taken on the talk is cheap comment . Just tellin it like it is. I'm current ly out of a job. My teener is signal orange , pretty much box stock with rusty chromes. Looks good from a distance ,up close it has some minor rust issues. I'm gettin a little gray with a big white mustache that people seem to comment on. you would see my around Oak Harbor are although I live in Greenbank. I will work on setting up a day trip in August on a Sat for any one interested. I've lived on the Is. for 35 yrs. I'll have to do a refresher trip for myself.
RockinOldSchool
Hey all, had a great time out at bremerton today. Sorry I disappeared so early, had dinner plans in Kent for 4:45. Made it with 2 minutes to spare.

And Troy, I know you like going without a front swaybar, poke.gif but just for shits and giggles, you should put one on for the next event and see how you do then. As it is, you've got more body roll than a stock 1953 Chev pickup. laugh.gif
messix
biggrin.gif driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
Some pics from today. Not too bad for a little cellphone cam.
PCA Autocross 4/12/08
If anyone is interested in larger versions, if you click on the "links" tab you can find the larger versions.
I also have the originals in 1600x1200.

And my personal favorite....

IPB Image

Troy decided to try part of the course in reverse. av-943.gif
effutuo101
That was priceless! But, he did do it. beerchug.gif I had a blast today. I rode about 200 miles on my bike.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 12 2008, 10:37 PM) *

That was priceless! But, he did do it. beerchug.gif I had a blast today. I rode about 200 miles on my bike.

He knows, or at least I hope he does, that I'm just messing with him. I was actually pretty impressed with how well he did considering its a 1.8 with no front swaybar. Much love for the stock car! And there was noticeable improvement with each run. As they say, practice makes perfect. Here's to Troy beerchug.gif

I imagine I won't do any better when I start.
messix
i proudly accept the first spin of the day! smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
Troy did very well out there........... for a first timer biggrin.gif It was a fun course and your driving was impressive. I'm no expert but I would be very happy with how you did if I were you. Glad you now understand my illness biggrin.gif

It was great seeing you all out there. I look forward to seeing more of you at the next event.

It would be great to get a bunch of you guys out there so we can do a group shot for the 914magazine...... Mike Koozman has asked me to try to get one of the whole gang........... You too Kevin.
RockinOldSchool
Hold up! Troy, that was your first time?

Damn, I did not know that. Most definitely good for the first time!
RockinOldSchool
So what's the plan for Tuesday? (Trying to get the weekly thing going again.)
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Mar 25 2008, 04:15 PM) *

I'm going to be in the Seattle area on April 19th, and I'll be having dinner and beer at Diamond Knot brewpub in Mukilteo that evening, if anyone is interested. I won't have my 914 there... I don't have an engine yet. I will have my wife and her zoom-zoom Mazda3. I'll have my camera if anyone wants to bring their 914 and I'll shoot some pics... maybe by the lighthouse...

I can't make this Tuesday, but Todd is going to be up on Saturday and I am planning on joining him at the Diamond Knot. They have great beer. My car will have the interior finished but I may have it in the shop to do other things biggrin.gif We'll see.
rhodyguy
i'll make it up to bmsp jon. prob next month. roughly 10 hours in the yard between yest and this am. always a big push early in the spring to get ahead of the curve. the weather the last month or so was not condusive to yard work. 2 weeks ago i had 2-3" of snow in my yard and it was in the high 20s in the am.

k
PeeGreen 914
Cool Kevin... We should try to get as many 914s there as possible for a few good group shots. Give the WCR a good warm up photo of the NW teeners biggrin.gif
pjhaun
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 11 2008, 11:33 AM) *

Is your car black? I saw a really nice black 914 a few years ago parked in front of Crescent Harbor Elementary. It had vents in the rear fenders ahead of the wheel wells.

Is this the 914 you are talking about?
Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Apr 13 2008, 10:35 AM) *

So what's the plan for Tuesday? (Trying to get the weekly thing going again.)

If we do its gonna be south end this time.i have to do the tire change thing over again but thats ok because i need to take the car to chris`s thursday for track inspection!track day Portland 5/18 FAST FAST FAST wANNA GO SIGN UP NOW
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Apr 13 2008, 06:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm going to have to say it probably was, and that my memory is faulty. I thought it was black, and I don't remember a wing. I can't imagine that there are too many 914s in Oak Harbor that are that close to what I remember smile.gif
Oak Harbor is where I fell in love with the 914. My art teacher at North Whidbey Junior High in 1977-78 was Rick Nash, and he had a Signal Orange 914.
dinomium
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 14 2008, 09:42 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I'm going to have to say it probably was, and that my memory is faulty. I thought it was black, and I don't remember a wing. I can't imagine that there are too many 914s in Oak Harbor that are that close to what I remember smile.gif
Oak Harbor is where I fell in love with the 914. My art teacher at North Whidbey Junior High in 1977-78 was Rick Nash, and he had a Signal Orange 914.

I think this has a matching motorcycle style trailer... Very sweet ride. He came to a Pancake House Breakfast awhile ago...
Todd Enlund

Wow.. small world. My wife and I are going to look at a house in Mariner's Cove this Sunday.
PeeGreen 914
Still going to the Diamond Knot on Saturday Todd?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2008, 04:53 PM) *

Still going to the Diamond Knot on Saturday Todd?

You betcha. And I got a room at the Navy Lodge in Everett (Marysville, actually) for the night beer3.gif
PeeGreen 914
Nice.. So what time should we tell people to show up? I should have my car. It is kind of in between projects, but the interior was just painted today and I pick it up tomorrow biggrin.gif

Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2008, 05:40 PM) *

Nice.. So what time should we tell people to show up? I should have my car. It is kind of in between projects, but the interior was just painted today and I pick it up tomorrow biggrin.gif

Cool.

I'm guessing that we'll get there around 5:30-6:00, and I plan on being there for a while beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Diamond Knot is my home location for NTN trivia biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Alright all of you NW Teeners... You heard it. 5:30 on this Saturday at the Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo. It is right next to the Mukilteo Ferry. I am planning on going and so should all of you biggrin.gif
messix
just got a call from one of my daughters friends mom about a sleep over b-day party this sat. so it's a i'll be there!
PeeGreen 914
You're going to be at your daughter's friend's mom's house for a sleep over? confused24.gif

laugh.gif av-943.gif
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2008, 08:28 PM) *

You're going to be at your daughter's friend's mom's house for a sleep over? confused24.gif

laugh.gif av-943.gif

well...... if it were between you guys and the mom....well you guys will have to do, she's married to a great guy. biggrin.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Alright all of you NW Teeners... You heard it. 5:30 on this Saturday at the Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo. It is right next to the Mukilteo Ferry. I am planning on going and so should all of you biggrin.gif

Would if I could, but I've got some family coming in from Tennessee and the 19th is Linds and my 3 year dating anniversary. So i'll be busy.
sportlicherFahrer
Sorry guys, cant make it Saturday. Working. Have a drink for me! beer3.gif

BTW: If any of you know ANYONE that is looking for a decent Ranchero or something of the sort, mine is up for sale in the non-914 classifieds. I need it gone to make room for the 914 it will buy me! driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
WTF.gif It's snowing here blink.gif

See you guys tomorrow. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.