Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
championgt1
I wish I could come. However, won't be able to make it I have been sick as a dog all week barf.gif

Hopefully next time.
LS6/914
I will be on the north bound Amtrak Cascades (Talgo high speed) train. I will be monitoring strain gauges. I will have the engineer lay on the whistle, plug your ears! Should be about 745 if yall are still coherant av-943.gif Larry. By the way stop by Woodys market and grab me some MD20/20 beer3.gif beer3.gif barf.gif
messix
QUOTE(LS6/914 @ Apr 18 2008, 09:19 PM) *

I will be on the north bound Amtrak Cascades (Talgo high speed) train. I will be monitoring strain gauges. I will have the engineer lay on the whistle, plug your ears! Should be about 745 if yall are still coherant av-943.gif Larry. By the way stop by Woodys market and grab me some MD20/20 beer3.gif beer3.gif barf.gif

i was always a thunderbird guy myself!
PeeGreen 914
So Troy, Todd and his wife, and my self with my wife had a good time at Diamond Knot. Missed you other guys. Next time and it should be soon rather than later.
914werke
Sorry I was busy putting the eng. in the LE smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 20 2008, 12:36 PM) *

Sorry I was busy putting the eng. in the LE smilie_pokal.gif

Now that's something to get excited about! beerchug.gif

Congratulations Rich. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sweet biggrin.gif Let me know when it is running. You should call me and stop by sometime soon.
Todd Enlund
We had a good trip. Exciting weather. Diamond Knot was fun... Larry, we didn't hear any horns... Troy, my wife, and I were there until after 9. Today I stopped at PJ Haun's house and me him, his wife, and his car. He's got some interesting hardware on his 914. We stopped at the Oberto outlet store... my wife won't let me pass it. Lunch today was at the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes... didn't see any green teeners sad.gif

I make it up that way at least twice a year, and I am planning on the WCR even though I won't have my car done. But I think I finally have an engine on the way... at least a core. Looks like I'm getting a bus 2.0 with a pair of 44 IDFs for $400 biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
It was great to meet you and your wife Todd. I look forward to seeing you at the WCR or earlier if you come up again. The Diamond Knot was great. I hope next time I can stay longer and drink more biggrin.gif
Rav914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Apr 20 2008, 10:53 PM) *

Lunch today was at the Rockfish Grill in Anacortes... didn't see any green teeners sad.gif

I was on my way to SEATAC Saturday and spent most of the day in town. Otherwise I've had the green car out just about every day after a long winter of no Porsche fun.

I haven't gone to a get together yet and with the sun out today...anyone meeting up?
PeeGreen 914
I now I can't sad.gif Well, maybe we can plan something for next week. I am dropping my 2.0l out this weekend and welding in the Patrick mount and putting in my 2.4l biggrin.gif I can't wait. Next week would be a good time to do something.... Maybe we can do go karts or something.
Rav914
Next week then. I'd be pressed for time today as it is. Thanks.
PeeGreen 914
drunk.gif If you guys are looking for something to do this weekend I will be down at the shop getting the 2.4l ready to go in and getting it in. I will be down there all day Saturday and Sunday. The shop is located on 79th and Greenwood Ave N. in Seattle. It is called Matt's Greenwood Autocare. It's where I used to work before I got into real estate and they still let me use the shop when I need. It would be great to see you guys. Call me if you are on your way..

Jon
206-954-3006 piratenanner.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 26 2008, 01:13 AM) *

drunk.gif If you guys are looking for something to do this weekend I will be down at the shop getting the 2.4l ready to go in and getting it in. I will be down there all day Saturday and Sunday. The shop is located on 79th and Greenwood Ave N. in Seattle. It is called Matt's Greenwood Autocare. It's where I used to work before I got into real estate and they still let me use the shop when I need. It would be great to see you guys. Call me if you are on your way..

Jon
206-954-3006 piratenanner.gif

Would love to, but unfortunately spent all day today and again tomorrow in a shop down here. I tell ya, now is NOT a good time to be a flat-rate mechanic. 2.5 hours for the day. headbang.gif Oh well, that's what the benefit's for.
PeeGreen 914
Well, after working from 10am to 1am I got the 2.0l out and torn down. The carbs on the 2.4l rebuilt. Valves adjusted. Pieces washed and preped. The 2.4l is now ready to go in. It looks very good. I will take some pictures today when I go back down. I should be there from about 11:00 until late tonight. My welder friend is coming down to weld in the Patrick motor mount around 4:00 today. I can finally get rid of the quick six bar. It's amazing how long things can take when you keep putting stuff in the parts washer and then paint them. If anyone wants to stop by to see the progress feel free.
effutuo101
I tried to post earlier, but was let down by my connection. Good Work Jon!
PeeGreen 914
So I just got home and without my car sad.gif I have everything in. I just need to connect the wiring harness, fill the oil, put the tank back in and fill it (took it out as I didn't want the fuel lines near what was being welded), and then time to dial in the carbs. My friend didn't get there to weld in the motor mount until 4pm. after it was welded and paint was dry enough I just ran out of time. I hope to finish it tomorrow but it will depend on if the have a bay open I can work in. I have some pics and will take more of everything in the car. Hope you all had a good weekend.
dinomium
I see the light at the end of the tunnel
Someone one please tell me its not a train!

Good work Jon!
LS6/914
Well it wont be my train as Iam actually off for the next 29 hours! beer3.gif Anything going on tomorrow?
Root_Werks
Workin sad.gif
messix
can't tomorrow, gotta go see the lawyer agian about the ex. headbang.gif ar15.gif stromberg.gif
914werke
LL baseball in Alderwood flag.gif
RockinOldSchool
In Bellingham to sign the lease for my soon to be home.
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif I wouldn't mind grabin a drink Larry. If you want to come into Edmonds or something. I need a break. My car is all ready.... I have fuel in it and just need to add oil. Then prime everything and then check everything... I am taking tomorrow off of looking at it wink.gif Had to catch up on all the work I missed this weekend today and I am spent. I need to grab a drink.

Let me know if anyone wants to grab drink tomorrow night.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 28 2008, 11:24 PM) *

sad.gif I wouldn't mind grabin a drink Larry. If you want to come into Edmonds or something. I need a break. My car is all ready.... I have fuel in it and just need to add oil. Then prime everything and then check everything... I am taking tomorrow off of looking at it wink.gif Had to catch up on all the work I missed this weekend today and I am spent. I need to grab a drink.

Im in for a teener tuesday!! how about south center ? north west parking lot theres some type joint there that has food and drink
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2008, 08:50 AM) *

Im in for a teener tuesday!! how about south center ? north west parking lot theres some type joint there that has food and drink

I'll check back later and see if something gets set up. Don't plan on me, but if it is in south center and matches up with my timing I could stop in. Will be headed back to Puyallup from Bellingham this afternoon/evening. So that's right on my way.
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Apr 29 2008, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2008, 08:50 AM) *

I'll check back later and see if something gets set up. Don't plan on me, but if it is in south center and matches up with my timing I could stop in. Will be headed back to Puyallup from Bellingham this afternoon/evening. So that's right on my way.

any one want to go call me 253-370-4458cell im open pretty much anytime .No biggy if not thats just less miles on the 6 .Or maybe next week or month?? the cars always ready for a drive .She likes to get out and stretch her legs.....Off work gotta role
bmtrnavsky
It's been a few months since I have been to a Teener Tuesday, but I would like to do one in the North End. I live in Arlington.
dinomium
snowing in Bremerton AGAIN!
messix
QUOTE(dinomium @ Apr 29 2008, 06:48 PM) *

snowing in Bremerton AGAIN!

naw that aint snow thats the sun shine comming down flakes!!! w00t.gif
6freak
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Apr 29 2008, 05:11 PM) *

It's been a few months since I have been to a Teener Tuesday, but I would like to do one in the North End. I live in Arlington.

just had one in Edmonds ...next will be down south (I hope) or inbetween.I`ll be there most of the time know that i know about it .Its cool to see all the 14`s in the same spot good kodiak moment
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 28 2008, 11:24 PM) *

Jon when you gonna bring out the hot rod for the first time ...Maybe you should sign up for Portland !! I think theres still spots open driving.gif
effutuo101
Jon has to learn how to drive his car all over again. Different stroke, different power. I can't wait to see his times!
PeeGreen 914
Once I get everything sorted out I will be bringing it out sad.gif Kinda ran into something that is going to take more time... I am tired. I sure hope we figure this out quick and I don't have to pull the engine again.

I wil have to relearn how to drive it though. I think it will take me at least one run to figure that out w00t.gif The TB diff is going to be the thing I will need to get the feel for. I am use to more HP. I've driven Erics car a few times and my car should be very close to his.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 30 2008, 11:50 PM) *

Once I get everything sorted out I will be bringing it out sad.gif Kinda ran into something that is going to take more time... I am tired. I sure hope we figure this out quick and I don't have to pull the engine again.

I wil have to relearn how to drive it though. I think it will take me at least one run to figure that out w00t.gif The TB diff is going to be the thing I will need to get the feel for. I am use to more HP. I've driven Erics car a few times and my car should be very close to his.

you will be getting more front end push with both rears push`n hard around corners.And on the other end you will be loose on decel with both rears wanting to slow you ..I guess`n tell you get it down she`ll be squirly.......just remember to save it for the track hate to have you end up like Mr Evil and have an off
6freak
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 30 2008, 09:26 PM) *

Jon has to learn how to drive his car all over again. Different stroke, different power. I can't wait to see his times!

I just mite have a chance to score some good points on him at the next AX
PeeGreen 914
SHould have it on the street tomorrow biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 2 2008, 11:30 PM) *

SHould have it on the street tomorrow biggrin.gif

Right on for you!!!!!!bad for me and the points......... hey whats the skoop on this tuesday and on the practice run for the WCR
PeeGreen 914
I don't know.. I have spent so much time on my car the past week or two that my wife may not want me to do anything car related until next week or so. Who knows... she may be nice
wink.gif

Car's not perfect yet... needs some fine tuning but it is drivable as is. Feels much stronger than the 2.0l did though biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Woohoo... my car's running good now. Next teener Tuesday I will be there biggrin.gif

Thanks to Tim Kornacki, Dan Root, and most of all... Jeff Hines. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Super glad to see Jon's car running good. He brought it over on Sunday and I got to drive it. Dang the exhaust sounds sweet! Since I am bound to work my life away for a bit on Tuesdays still, I'll have to play catch-up on our Teener Tuesdays in a few months.
driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Going to put the street exhaust back on it. It sounds very nice as well but has a little more BP that this engine may need. I don't know... We'll see how long it stays that way. So when should we plan on doing something here guys? Next AX isn't for 2+ weeks.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 6 2008, 09:22 PM) *

Going to put the street exhaust back on it. It sounds very nice as well but has a little more BP that this engine may need. I don't know... We'll see how long it stays that way. So when should we plan on doing something here guys? Next AX isn't for 2+ weeks.

Right on pal....show and shine issaquah may 11 at the triple XXX..yes thats Mothers day so take your Wife and get some miles on the new engine.hope to see ya there smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
HA... I have a cool wife, but she's not going to let me go to that one. Her birthday is Monday and we a celebrating hers and my sister-in-laws that day.
RockinOldSchool
Dinner next Tuesday guys? Maybe South Center or Seattle?

Or if the North end guys don't feel like driving down, maybe the South end guys at Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor?
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ May 7 2008, 06:37 PM) *

Dinner next Tuesday guys? Maybe South Center or Seattle?

Or if the North end guys don't feel like driving down, maybe the South end guys at Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor?

Where ever and who ever Im in ..Tides does have super food but so did that place in Edmonds.....Im not sure about the show and shine in Issaquah on the 11th now i think its gonna rain.Hate to polish her all up and have it rain on the way there.But ya never know i mite get a wild hair and just do it biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hey, any of you local guys.... Troy, Chris, anyone... want to help me fit my front bumper? My wife can't do it... or rather.. she won't do it... and to get them to fit right it is a two person job. Give me a call later tonight if you can.

piratenanner.gif Rich is going to help. Thanks
effutuo101
I can help in the morning. Let me know when you will be up.
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 9 2008, 10:37 AM) *

Hey, any of you local guys.... Troy, Chris, anyone... want to help me fit my front bumper? My wife can't do it... or rather.. she won't do it... and to get them to fit right it is a two person job. Give me a call later tonight if you can.

piratenanner.gif Rich is going to help. Thanks

i can come over now ifn' ya want.
914werke
we got it licked, didnt evan get durty. confused24.gif rolleyes.gif
Troy if you need to bust some knuckles come on over Ill put you to work flag.gif

Makin progress smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.