Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
messix
Tony is not gonna make it, he's been sick and on a shake down run last night he encountered a tire issue. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif Get better Tony. Get yourcar ready for the PCA AX in Bremerton on the 30th piratenanner.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 12 2008, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 12 2008, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 12 2008, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 12 2008, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Aug 12 2008, 09:04 AM) *

We do let other cars come with. poke.gif

The honda just wont cut it on a teener tuesday ...maybe next time.... Even if i did get help i dont think it would be done on time to get to carnation by 6pm

WTF.gif chair.gif

What did i do wrong this time Jon confused24.gif why you wanna beat me with a chair

Your Honda would get you there just fine. happy11.gif The chair was for you lame excuse biggrin.gif

I would rather wrench on the six then drive a honda..Beside the 30th AX is coming fast and im leaveing town again for 5 days for another fish`n trip on thursday ..and a family BBQ on the 23rd ....maybe i will get a wild hair a show up ..Does anyone have some August for sale I need about one weeks worth biggrin.gif have a good time fella`s drive safe and be good
rjames
I got the ok to leave work a bit early so I'll be there! aktion035.gif driving.gif
effutuo101
ok, so, as in Texas Holdum, everybody, All In. See you in about 5 hours.
helios
I've got to make a couple of stops along the way....so I'm heading out the door now. See you guys in a couple hours (ok so maybe 3, but who's counting) chowtime.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 12 2008, 12:08 PM) *

sad.gif Get better Tony. Get yourcar ready for the PCA AX in Bremerton on the 30th piratenanner.gif

Thanks Jon,

I took my tire to Les Schawb today for a check out, I ran i=on it flat for a mile or so last night. The guy said he would pull it off the rim and check out the inner cords and to leave it for a while.

I came back a hour later the tire and rim was just rinsed off, white a N/C chalked on the tire, he might have opened it up but I'm not sure. Maybe the rinse off was to clean off all the fix-a-flat crap that came out??? The original tech wasn't there but the guy say's looks like your good to go and No Charge. Thats good news but I would like to talk to the guy who checked it out to hear first hand, I guess he was gone. So any way I put it back on the car, lit it up for a second, It started raining so I put her to bed early, and well see how she holds tomorrow.

I'm all in for the AX. I have never partcipated in one but seen a couple. What will I need??? Helmet, gloves, tools etc.

Do most guys trailer their cars, Spare tires, or drive as is?

Let me know. I did join the Olympic Pennisula chapter of the PCA, so I should get a schedule from them, I think.

Let me know how Tuesday night went. As I told Troy that would be a great run on a Saturday but it's a strech for me on Tuesday night.

Tony
PeeGreen 914
Tony... at the AX you need a helmut but they do have loaners if you don't have one. Other than that you really need nothing else. Some do bring them on trailers and some drive them there. I drive there and have a buddy trailer my tires.

Tuesday was a blast. We had about 12 914s in Carnation and from the North we had about 8 teenervan down there. There was a construction bump that ripped my airdam really headbang.gif bad but I think I can fix it. We should have some pictures posted soon. Fun times aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
I heard it. unsure.gif

Great Run ,Troy/Jon. good to see a bunch of nuts in one place.
championgt1
I think the helmet has to be rated a snell 2005.

Jon, that sucks about your airdam!Damn construction!! headbang.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 12 2008, 10:43 PM) *

I heard it. unsure.gif

Great Run ,Troy/Jon. good to see a bunch of nuts in one place.

Good thing my father in law is awsome working with glass. It really got munched but nothing that can't be fixed wink.gif

It was the best Teener Tuesday I have been to even though that Curt guy showed biggrin.gif happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Aug 12 2008, 10:45 PM) *

I think the helmet has to be rated a snell 2005.

Jon, that sucks about your airdam!Damn construction!! headbang.gif

I think it actually just needs to be within five years old.

Yeah, Damn construstion, but at least it is fixable. You souldn't even be able to tell when you see it next wink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 12 2008, 10:38 PM) *

Tuesday was a blast. We had about 12 914s in Carnation and from the North we had about 8 teenervan down there. There was a construction bump that ripped my airdam really headbang.gif bad but I think I can fix it. We should have some pictures posted soon. Fun times aktion035.gif

Yeah, that was a bitch putting a lateral dip in the middle of the corkscrew. Good thing we were going slow or there would have been even more debris.

Resizing pics right now, here's a teaser of the north contingent out in farm country.

Click to view attachment
effutuo101
fun run everybody! I had a blast. I look forward to the pictures.
greenie

That was a good time!

Nice to see everyone again & meet some new people. beerchug.gif

Jon thanks for organizing this teener Tuesday . smilie_pokal.gif

PeeGreen 914
Oh I don't think I can take too much credit for this. everthing kinda fell into place biggrin.gif

Here's some camera phone pics and a picture of my munched airdam sad.gif
helios
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 12 2008, 10:38 PM) *

Tony... at the AX you need a helmut but they do have loaners if you don't have one. Other than that you really need nothing else. Some do bring them on trailers and some drive them there. I drive there and have a buddy trailer my tires.

It wasn't the dip in the middle of the corner was it? I heard about 3 cars bottom out on that one heading up the hill. Sounded like plastic/fiberglass, not metal and I didn't see any sparks.
PeeGreen 914
yup... that was the one wink.gif blink.gif
helios
Just got home a few minutes ago. Had a blast. It was nice to meet a bunch of you guys. Those back roads were a blast. That has been the hardest that I've pushed the teener since I bought it (not that I was pushing that hard) and all seems to be working well. Didn't even have any hot start issues all day. pray.gif The car may struggle to get out of it's own way, but the thing is a ball to drive. Thanks for putting up with my pokey ass. Tomorrow it's back to elbow deep in VW grease. Hopefully we'll see you round the corner. beerchug.gif
KELTY360
Pete's Grill & Pub is an unspoiled country tav. No frills, just good food and casual attitude. Right on the main drag through Carnation.

Here's the lineup for Moron Monday ....er, Teener Tuesday:

Click to view attachment

Front to back on the left: Curt (greenie), John? (Helios), Jeff (sixnotfour), Jon (Phoenix914-6 GT), John (RockinOldSchool), Troy (messix)
F2B on right: Rich (rdanhauer), Robert (rjames), Greg (?), Jim (sportlicherFahrer), Chris (effutuo101), Kevin (Kevine)

Troy spotted a deserted hot rod shop for a photo op:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not easy to get all these guys to make blurry moves in unison. D

Click to view attachment

Jon's Phoenix Red Rocket

Click to view attachment

Robert's car has come a long way to this point. Love those polished Mahles wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Great time tonight! Good turnout, including some who joined us for the first time. Weather stayed warm and dry although there were a couple of tiny raindrops to make us nervous.

Greenie and I got to play on some twisties on the way home, including a spirited run down the Issaquah-Fall City Rd. Definitely an E-ticket. driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

One of those nights that reminds me how much I love these little cars.

silver914.jpg

wub.gif
DNHunt
Damn

Gotta get my car going. Best guess is the end of the year.

Dave
6freak
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Aug 13 2008, 06:29 AM) *

Damn

Gotta get my car going. Best guess is the end of the year.

Dave

Double Damn ...that was a good turn out ....my six is still on blocks and the Calipers are still in the box headbang.gif wish i could have been there glad you all had a good time ...Tony the skid lid must have a snell 2000 or 2005 sticker inside regardless of how new it is
effutuo101
QUOTE(helios @ Aug 13 2008, 12:08 AM) *

Just got home a few minutes ago. Had a blast. It was nice to meet a bunch of you guys. Those back roads were a blast. That has been the hardest that I've pushed the teener since I bought it (not that I was pushing that hard) and all seems to be working well. Didn't even have any hot start issues all day. pray.gif The car may struggle to get out of it's own way, but the thing is a ball to drive. Thanks for putting up with my pokey ass. Tomorrow it's back to elbow deep in VW grease. Hopefully we'll see you round the corner. beerchug.gif

Pokey? Naw, you where doing just fine! our group home had Troy (1.8ish) Jeff (2.4ish) Jon (2.4) you and me (2.2ish) It was a lot of fun watching you hustle your car around the corners. you were not slowing anybody down. Hope to see you again soon. you have a great ride and I love your front air dam.
I was the last person in line going out, so I got to watch as people hit that dip. a lot of plastic and glass got scratched, but, on the last 3 cars in front of me, i dind't see any sparks.
I do have a question, does the little white stripe around the stop sign make them optional? happy11.gif
914werke
Funny I didnt have any issue with that dip happy11.gif
Just stay on the gas aktion035.gif
rjames
When we were all ligned up by the railroad crossing after the 4-way stop, I heard soeone who was on the side of the road who was looking at our cars say how cool they all looked standing in a line. smilie_pokal.gif

I also remember thinking I felt my left rear wheel getting some air when we made a hard downhill left turn on one of the farming roads. aktion035.gif

Great photos, and a great time seeing everyone! Excellent night for a 914 outing! beerchug.gif
rjames
BTW, I notice that there were some folks that had their fog lights on without needing to have the headlights on. On my car this is not possible, the headlights must be on in order to turn the fogs on.

Was this a mod you guys did or is that the way they came from the factory?

mstein95
JWest Fog Light Kit
JWest Vendor Thread

popcorn[1].gif Miss those Teener Tuesdays...sigh
rjames
JWest Fog Light Kit
JWest Vendor Thread

ahhhh Thanks!
PeeGreen 914
It's an easy install too wink.gif
KELTY360
Also lets you flash your lights without having to raise the headlights. smile.gif
helios
I need to get different fog lights at some point. I think the ones on my car are those cheap pilot ones. While they sorta fit, the have a horrible pattern. Definitely not a fog pattern which renders them pretty much useless at night (scatter too much=blind oncoming traffic) unless I wanted to tie them in with the high beams. But the highs on the H4 don't need any support. blink.gif

Oh and Jon, I love your car, rough around the edges or not. drooley.gif It certainly doesn't help my motor decision down the road for the car. headbang.gif
KELTY360
Last night Greenie showed me a very cool twisty on a hill with dense trees on both side of the road. Both of us had our fogs on and it carved a tunnel of light to drive through, with the edge of the road clearly illuminated. Even though there were houses back in the trees, we seemed very isolated.....and we drove accordingly. ph34r.gif

driving.gif aktion035.gif

Thanks for the tour Curt, you've got a nice rear end. huh.gif
6freak
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 13 2008, 12:09 AM) *

Pete's Grill & Pub is an unspoiled country tav. No frills, just good food and casual attitude. Right on the main drag through Carnation.

Here's the lineup for Moron Monday ....er, Teener Tuesday:

Click to view attachment

Front to back on the left: Curt (greenie), John? (Helios), Jeff (sixnotfour), Jon (Phoenix914-6 GT), John (RockinOldSchool), Troy (messix)
F2B on right: Rich (rdanhauer), Robert (rjames), Greg (?), Jim (sportlicherFahrer), Chris (effutuo101), Kevin (Kevine)

Troy spotted a deserted hot rod shop for a photo op:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not easy to get all these guys to make blurry moves in unison. D

Click to view attachment

Jon's Phoenix Red Rocket

Click to view attachment

Robert's car has come a long way to this point. Love those polished Mahles wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Great time tonight! Good turnout, including some who joined us for the first time. Weather stayed warm and dry although there were a couple of tiny raindrops to make us nervous.

Greenie and I got to play on some twisties on the way home, including a spirited run down the Issaquah-Fall City Rd. Definitely an E-ticket. driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

One of those nights that reminds me how much I love these little cars.

silver914.jpg

wub.gif

Jon your car looks good in that picture did you polish your black balls av-943.gif P.S who owns the other red car with the fuchs on your right rear quarter panel confused24.gif
helios
I really need to get dressed and back to the rabbit motor swap. Boy vacation sucks. poke.gif See ya guys later. bye1.gif
PeeGreen 914
Mike: That would be Chris Williams' (Effutuo101) car. It is a 2.2l Built 6 and he hopes to do some AXing soon biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 13 2008, 12:48 PM) *

Mike: That would be Chris Williams' (Effuto) car. It is a 2.2l Built 6 and he hopes to do some AXing soon biggrin.gif

looks like a nice ride..as do all of them.........factory 6 ?? or convert.....Anywho sounds like it was fun sorry i couldnt make it
PeeGreen 914
It's a conversion.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 13 2008, 12:57 PM) *

It's a conversion.

it would be kind cool to take it for a spin to see what the 2.2 feels like over my 2.0 ....then i would have a better idea about what i want under the bonnet
messix
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 13 2008, 01:08 PM) *

It's a conversion.

it would be kind cool to take it for a spin to see what the 2.2 feels like over my 2.0 ....then i would have a better idea about what i want under the bonnet

it's NOT your average 2.2! happy11.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 13 2008, 01:11 PM) *

It's a conversion.

maybe i can get a build sheet from him and look it over idea.gif ..hey Troy that picture of you at the service station looks like your gett`n ready for your... its my suregate GF slash little sister act av-943.gif weres the cowgirl hat a the faggit shirt av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif thats some funny shit there
messix
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 13 2008, 01:23 PM) *

It's a conversion.

maybe i can get a build sheet from him and look it over idea.gif ..hey Troy that picture of you at the service station looks like your gett`n ready for your... its my suregate GF slash little sister act av-943.gif weres the cowgirl hat a the faggit shirt av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif thats some funny shit there

well if you notice that all hte other guys are watching me with great interest! shades.gif

and what are you you talking about "fagot shirt"? "cow girl hat"? man thats some style aktion035.gif !

Jack Ass! av-943.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 13 2008, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 13 2008, 01:23 PM) *

It's a conversion.

well if you notice that all hte other guys are watching me with great interest! shades.gif

and what are you you talking about "fagot shirt"? "cow girl hat"? man thats some style aktion035.gif !

hey maybe if your tom sellick in Magnum PI av-943.gif ......seeya on the 30th at AX ..If your not there its pointless ...haha get it ..speaking of points Im suck`n this year at AX

Jack Ass! av-943.gif

TC 914-8
H i Guys,

Looks like a great time, soory I had to miss it. Some day I'll have a rematch with Greenie.

I see on the PCA olympic Pennisula chapter web site the calander shows a Olympic Pennusula loop run. I'll get more info and maybe you gents can check out this side of the sound.

I'll definetly be at the AX in Bremerton.

Tony
messix
no AX me me the rest of the year, i'm on-call the 30th and then my daughters soccer games thru this fall. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Aug 13 2008, 01:50 PM) *

H i Guys,

Looks like a great time, soory I had to miss it. Some day I'll have a rematch with Greenie.

I see on the PCA olympic Pennisula chapter web site the calander shows a Olympic Pennusula loop run. I'll get more info and maybe you gents can check out this side of the sound.

I'll definetly be at the AX in Bremerton.

Tony

aktion035.gif driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 13 2008, 01:54 PM) *

no AX me me the rest of the year, i'm on-call the 30th and then my daughters soccer games thru this fall. sad.gif

Well maybe we can all do another T,,T b4 summers end... ya know alot of cars and good peps
TC 914-8
I used to have to do the "on Call " crap. Get some one to switch with and tell your daughter to can the soccer and pick up a helmet.

T
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Aug 13 2008, 02:00 PM) *

I used to have to do the "on Call " crap. Get some one to switch with and tell your daughter to can the soccer and pick up a helmet.

T

Can soccer? chair.gif How dare you biggrin.gif I do agree he should switch with someone for the on call one though.
messix
Labor day weekend? NO one gonna take it
PeeGreen 914
Have you tried?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.