Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
mstein95
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 23 2006, 09:23 AM) *

listen to KOMO (am 1000) for the traffic reports so you can make adjustments to your route. you could stop by and pick up a window crank handle for kevine if i find out what's needed.

k

Just in case we don't hear back from Kevine do you have one of each? I can swing by on my way to meet Jim.
KELTY360
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 23 2006, 09:11 AM) *

Are we still on for Roanoke Inn at 6:30?
Chris

Still on...come on down! Hopefully the rain is done for the day.
effutuo101
icon_bump.gif a fun time was had by all...except Greenie who drove the 911 and left just as the roads got interesting. Pictures to follow from those who brought cameras!
KELTY360
Yeah, good fun. 7 teeners and an ass dragger made a sweet group. Since the Roanoke Inn is on the historical register this pic should maybe go on the famous places thread.
sportlicherFahrer
Lots of fun guys! I really enjoyed myself in those twisties! Good spot to do again. Maybe with better weather though.
mstein95
Had a blast - well worth the 150 mile round trip. BTW - who's that hiding in the back looking shamed? Missing in pics are Kyle's yellow 1.8.
rjames
Looks like fun- hoping I can join everyone either next week or by the week after at the latest. Just got done with my welding (longs and floorpan) and just need to put 'er back together and then see if she still runs!
Eddie914
Glad you all had fun without me!

I had fun(?) trying to get the 3.2 to idle (again) with the 46mm Webers. We tried increasing the idle jet size from #60 to #65 (thanks to an ass dragger friend who canabalized the Webers on his 911 Carerra RS) with minor improvements. It still would not idle on all six cylinders but the popping was reduced somewhat.

I finally gave up and ripped the 46's off and put on a set of 40mm Webers from the old 2.7. I plugged in a set of #60 idle jets and ... WOW! Finally! The new 3.2 fired up and idled evenly on all six cylinders. The balance on the 40's was still fine after they had been sitting on the shelf for 9 months. She's a driver again!

Where is next Tuesday's meeting?

Eddie
KELTY360
clap56.gif Glad to hear you're getting your carbs sorted out.

Where would you like Teener Tuesday to be?
KELTY360
Here's another pic from last night with a few of the guys: Morgan, Chris, Jim, Kyle and Kevin. The Mercer Island circuit was a hoot if you like hairpins and dark, rain slick roads.

sportlicherFahrer
If any of you south end guys are feeling left out, I will be going down around Oly and then up the Hood canal on sunday for my girlfriend's birthday. Looking to go up to one or two of the forts and eating dinner at the Nifty Fifties diner in Port Townsend. I just hope the weather will improve before then. Who is up for it??? Dino? DNHunt? Morgan? We could do "checkpoints" of where to get more cars into the line and continue up the canal.
effutuo101
Lots o fun! I think the next teener tuesday is in two weeks. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am personally in favor of driving before getting something to eat. More light, more fun.
greenie
Hey Guys!

I'm really sorry about driving the "assdragger" Greenie had an appointment with her favorite set of jackstands.

Regarding why I needed to leave & not tackle the twisties, I've just heard the taildraggers can't keep up with the teeners so why bother? pray.gif

I also needed to get home , I had a long night ahead polishing up Greenies Trophy from the Mothers Day Show!!
greenie
at the show...
greenie
Now for the Real Trophy biggrin.gif
messix
ssshhhh greenie, don't let it out how nice your teener is 'cause ferg will come out and snatch it up from you!
mstein95
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 24 2006, 04:00 PM) *

If any of you south end guys are feeling left out, I will be going down around Oly and then up the Hood canal on sunday for my girlfriend's birthday. Looking to go up to one or two of the forts and eating dinner at the Nifty Fifties diner in Port Townsend. I just hope the weather will improve before then. Who is up for it??? Dino? DNHunt? Morgan? We could do "checkpoints" of where to get more cars into the line and continue up the canal.

Jim - Can't make it. sad.gif If it doesn't rain you should have a blast - I hear the Nifty Fifties serves a mean burger. chowtime.gif

I'd be happy to chase you through Thurston County to be sure you made it safely and without incident though. Let me know.

BTW - Happy Birthday to the GF birthday.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 24 2006, 04:00 PM) *

I dunno if I can make it. I am planning on going to the PCA autox or drivers skills day at Bremerton Raceway and Sunday I have promised the wife to do "what ever she wants" wich means clean the basement....

IF you have the time, you should cut over at Belfair to the North Shore, find the road that links to Dewatto and take the long way to Bremerton or Sebeck! It is a GREAT drive!! Two lane twistys with a gas stop half way! It is a gem of a drive...
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like I cant even make it now for Sunday! sad.gif Work scheduled me at the last minute, so that kinda ruins that! Maybe we can all get together and make that drive later in the season. It would be more fun that way.
sportlicherFahrer
So, I think that we should meet up somewhere in Tacoma this next tuesday. Maybe the Ram? You guys gotta see my new "house" cool.gif
mstein95
I'm believe my Tuesday is open - I'm game.
rhodyguy
jim, was that electric impact wrench you used for the control arm fix yours or did you borrow it from your ex neighbor?

k
pete-stevers
in a couple of weeks i might make it out too.....if i can get that pesky thing off the four jackstands it has been perched on all winter....
sportlicherFahrer
That wrench was my dad's Kev. I think it is over at my sister's house. It will be good to see you again Steve! Hope you can get those jackstands "exterminated"

Morgan, What time do you think?
mstein95
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 1 2006, 10:36 PM) *

Morgan, What time do you think?

6-6:30? Can I assume the Ram location you are refering to is South Hill not Ruston Way?
rhodyguy
my guess is ruston way. his folks bought a 51' live aboard. looking forward to seeing all of you northsound guys. wink.gif

k
sportlicherFahrer
You are right Kev. I am talking ruston way Ram. There is also the Dock St. bar/restaurant down here on the water. It has better parking, and is a little more quiet. I will work on getting an address for the bar this weekend. I will give you a call about that impact wrench as well.
sportlicherFahrer
Found the address for the Dock St. Landing. I think that it would make a much better location as far as parking, and it is usually way less crowded.

Dock Street Landing Bar-Grill
535 Dock St, Tacoma, WA 98402

Lets say about 7pm? Give any northend guys a little time to get off work and fight that traffic, or take the scenic route. cool.gif
rhodyguy
legit excuse this time. i'm leaving for california in the am on sunday. won't be home till thurs. have fun.

k
sportlicherFahrer
Any one possible have a spare '73 2.0 FI harness? I can bring $$$ on tuesday for a decent one, or if you have a ratty one, I really just need the contact point wires and plug for them.
dinomium
the green machine is going on the stands soon. So I am not going to make it Tues...
Have fun for me!
KELTY360
I've got a 6 PM appointment in downtown Seattle on Tues. Never be able to make it to Tacoma even close to 7:00. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem heading down there. Enjoy.
mstein95
I'll be there at 7:00 sharp. driving.gif chowtime.gif
kevine
I've got to take my boys to music lessons tomorrow at 7:00 PM, so I'll catch you next time.

kevine
T wing
Hey, I'll be there. . . as long as my starter holds out, and my gas pedal doesn't get stuck. . . and my battery cables don't fall off. . . and my . . . actually, I'll probably be there regardless.
rjames
I won't be making this one, but hope to make the next one as I just got the car put back together (mostly) and started again for the first time since I took it apart to do rust repairs (among others) last october. Whoo-hoo! driving.gif
rjames
Don't see any postings for tonight, but is there a plan for next tuesday? Hope I'm not jinxing myself, but my car is up and running, and fairly ready to go, other then a charging issue.

Would appreciate anyones 2 cents on the it here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=53628
T wing
I might have a pretty long day at work next Tue. (till 7 or 8 maybe). Not sure yet. So something around Seattle would be nice for me.
rjames
I know that there was already a meetup in Carnation, but someplace similar (an area with twisty backroads) would be cool.
kevine
I am out of town next Tuesday, and my 914 spewed oil all over my front right tire and wheel well on the way home last night (where the external oil cooler is located).

kevine
Eddie914
I'm in!

The 914/6 3.2 is finally close to road ready, and my wife will be town to look after the kids for the first time in nearly a month.

The heat shielding needs to be double checked on the oil supply line at the engine mounted oil cooler. The hose I'm currently using can't handle the heat from the headers.

The Webers 46IDA3C carbs still are NOT ready, but the engine is running pretty well on the old 40's off the 2.7.

See you there! Where?

Eddie
mstein95
I'm in ........ depending on the location. Mercer Island was pushing it for me last time.
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif oh, and more driving.gif
rjames
I'm in for Mercer Island, I've only gone around it on my bike before, should be fun in the car (despite the low speed limit). beer.gif
messix
i'll be in auburn all day. so i'll make the call on this one to go to bahama breeze in south center. any one game?
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds good to me if my car is still running. I am having lots of FI problems and am seriously considering carbs or Megasquirt. I wont be able to go to the WCC now due to that. Any locals have carbs for sale???
Bleyseng
I have one I can loan you and I have the Janbo tester that can test the FI out including the wiring harness. I do have a 1.7l wiring harness laying around for the connectors.

What are the problems you are having?

I am back in town and I am confused as to exactly when the next little ron-day-vous is? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
he's bound and determined to tear off the djet and purchase carbs, linkage, a dif dist, a new fuel pump, filters, etc...i told him to SAVE some money and buy a harness from bowlsby. what do i know? very little, but that's a given. he just has a few connector issues at this point. intermitent fi probs.

k
Bleyseng
Yes, most of the issues with Djet are harness related due to old connectors and people ripping/pulling on them when in the engine bay. Bowlsby harness fixes alot of the Djet issues other than a MPS problem.
The Janbo tests all those connections and usually reports connects problems.
biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I bought my old 914-6 back from Mike Ryan. Anything going on this Tuesday? Someone fill me in. smile.gif
rjames
I'm voting for the Mercer Island run, only because it's closer and I'm a little suspect of my alternator or relay board or something that may be hindering my car's ability to charge the battery to the correct voltage. Speaking of, does anybody have a known good relay board that can bring (and maybe let me borrow for that night) to test against mine to see if my charging issues might be stemming from a bad board?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.