Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
mstein95
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2006, 09:52 PM) *

i'll be in auburn all day. so i'll make the call on this one to go to bahama breeze in south center. any one game?

I sympathize with Robert but meeting someplace new sounds appealing.

With a little bit of clever scheduling I'm pretty sure I can make it to Bahama Breeze this Tuesday.
idea.gif
rhodyguy
when @6pm? i might be able to suffer the drive south center on a week night. military rd is slower but atleast the traffic moves.

k
rjames

I was thinking that Mercer Island hadn't been visited yet by the Puget Sound Teeners based on your previous post:
I'm in ........ depending on the location. Mercer Island was pushing it for me last time.

But maybe you guys already have done that route? confused24.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jun 16 2006, 11:08 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2006, 09:52 PM) *

i'll be in auburn all day. so i'll make the call on this one to go to bahama breeze in south center. any one game?

With a little bit of clever scheduling I'm pretty sure I can make it to Bahama Breeze this Tuesday.
idea.gif

Not alot of fun roads for driving (Tukwila cops are no fun at all!) But I do like that suggestion! Lots of parking too.

Southcenter mall is easy to find as well
T wing
As long as you guys are there for awhile, I'll make it to Auburn. I'm thinking that worst case I'll be at work till 8 in seattle. I'll just be one of the last people to get there. There's probably a good chance that I'll be done sooner, but I'm gonna go for pessimistic and say if there is some sitting around at some establishment I'll show up late. If there is a drive prior to or instead of, I'll miss it.
Bleyseng
sh*t, I just ate at the new Thai place at Southcenter last nite. Lots of parking but I don't know any drives around there.
rjames
sh*t, I just ate at the new Thai place at Southcenter last nite. Lots of parking but I don't know any drives around there.

A scenic drive off the beaten path is what I was hoping for rather then just a place to meet and eat in a high traffic area. But whatever you guys decide is cool.
mstein95
[/quote]

I was thinking that Mercer Island hadn't been visited yet by the Puget Sound Teeners based on your previous post:

But maybe you guys already have done that route? confused24.gif
[/quote]

Robert - look back at page 11 of this topic.
dinomium
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 16 2006, 11:30 AM) *

A scenic drive off the beaten path is what I was hoping for rather then just a place to meet and eat in a high traffic area. But whatever you guys decide is cool.

Y'all could hop a ferry to Bremerton, Drive out to Dewatto and back to the landing for drinks at Anthoy's
Now that is off the beaten path!

OR

Normandy Park to Salt water park is a nice drive...
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 16 2006, 11:30 AM) *

agree.gif A nice top off drive beats eating at some high priced greasy restaurant IMHO. I just drove my 914 for the first time in 2 months since I was outta town, man that was fun.
After driving a Boxster and a 94 Turbo the 914 still holds up with all its noise, roadfeel and goofy looks. I still get people giving me the thumbs up in traffic here!
dinomium
Good to see Dan and Geoff back in the fray!
914werke
well for the 1st time in a LOOOONG while my teener is down, since the enging build I have had NO time to futz with getting it running so......
Yall can drive up N. to help a brotha out beerchug.gif
Rand
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 16 2006, 12:14 PM) *

well for the 1st time in a LOOOONG while tmy teener is down, since the enging build I have had NO tiem to futz with getting it running so......

I'm up for that! Come on gang, let's forego the bar and hit Rich's garage. smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
the yellow car? if so, i thought the engine was pretty new, and $$$!

k
Bleyseng
Yeah, I maybe can sneak away to help alittle bit, Whats up with the car?
dinomium
Hmmm I might be in for a trip north, all depending on how Saturdays goes on my side...
Nowhere to park the truck downtown or I would volenteer a parts run for you!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 16 2006, 10:52 AM) *

I'm voting for the Mercer Island run, only because it's closer and I'm a little suspect of my alternator or relay board or something that may be hindering my car's ability to charge the battery to the correct voltage. Speaking of, does anybody have a known good relay board that can bring (and maybe let me borrow for that night) to test against mine to see if my charging issues might be stemming from a bad board?

I think I still have a couple of relay boards. If I do, I'll bring them.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 16 2006, 12:21 PM) *

well for the 1st time in a LOOOONG while tmy teener is down, since the enging build I have had NO tiem to futz with getting it running so......

I'm up for that! Come on gang, let's forego the bar and hit Rich's garage. smilie_pokal.gif

I'd be up for hangin at Rich's. biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 16 2006, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 16 2006, 12:21 PM) *

I'd be up for hangin at Rich's. biggrin.gif

you can do doughnuts in his front yard! aktion035.gif
I have some ugly relayboards as well...
rjames
I think I still have a couple of relay boards. If I do, I'll bring them.

I have some ugly relayboards as well...

Thanks Root and Dinomium! beerchug.gif

I'll cast my vote for a drive up north to get another 914 off of the jackstands.
Whereabouts up north are you rdauenhauer?
mpissaquah
What Saturdasy at the xxx Rootbeer? Thats jsut down the hill from me....
rjames
What Saturdasy at the xxx Rootbeer? Thats jsut down the hill from me....

En ingles, por favor.
dinomium
Ha cheisto:
quando il sabato รจ la riunione dell'automobile al XXX se voi prego?
Bleyseng
Drie Parbo Jugos! Alstubieft! beerchug.gif

heres the scoop on the XXX Saturdays
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=267147

Its fun to see some cars and eat breakfast at the XXX and sometime they go on a drive. A month or two ago one of the 911's crashed on a turn so they go slower now I bet. clap56.gif
914werke
Have I menioned I love this place grouphug.gif
Ok so the story goes we assembled the motor, (Thanks Blair) Troy and I got it installed, Chris helped as well but had to buzz.
Fried my pertronix equiped dizzy headbang.gif evan thought we both
verified it was correctly installed. huh.gif Swapped Dizzys with a another equiped with points and fired it. clap56.gif
Exhaust leak and needs timing and dwell set, & adjust the valves again...?
Need a timing light which I dont have and perhaps some MPS tuning expertese
(Hint, Hint Geoff)
I received a replacement ingnitor from GPR just today (Thx Dave blink.gif )
Was prepared to haul the thing to be serviced over at Gerber cuz I had been traveling consistantly for the last 2.5 weeks.
Geoff I have a couple of ECU's that should be fine,
Kev not so much $$ but time.
Im still uncertain that tuning the combo will be hard or easy =
1.7 base NPR 96 cyldr's KB pistons from Jake 2.0 heads and complete FI cept for 1.7 injectors (thx Witchhunter) and not sure but a 1.7 MPS.

Up for a challenge I can fire the BQ and supply the beer? smile.gif All are welcome
sportlicherFahrer
I am also up for going Rich's to help with the car, or anyones for that matter. I will have to switch shifts at work to make it though. Wish me luck!
KELTY360
Have running teener, will travel.....just tell me where. Getting together for some garage work sounds good.
rjames
Was prepared to haul the thing to be serviced over at Gerber cuz I had been traveling consistantly for the last 2.5 weeks.

Careful at Gerber. When I frist bought my 914 and didn't know any better, I took it to them to check the fuel pressure. They found that I had a bad fuel pump. Without calling me first to approve any work ahead of time (like I requested) they replaced the fuel pump and then charged me $650 for the job. blink.gif

I know how much a fuel pump costs ($100ish) and how much time it take to put one in. So when I asked them what the other $500 was for they said that it was charges for labor for the time spent to put it in and measure the fuel pressure.

So they way I figure it they charge about $500 per hour for labor. For that much I should have at least got an oil/tranmission fluid change.
Bleyseng
Ok Rich, I can make some time to tune the car with the LM-1 meter. I'll talk to Blair as he runs the software better than I do.

I think I have a ready to go 1.7L MPS I can bring to tune to your setup. Maybe after work this week during the week?

Welding a bung takes about a half and hour to do for the O2 sensor.

Adjust the valves and all that other dizzy stuff before we do anything as the tuning will depend on the rest being in spec. Should run like a champ afterwards!

thumb3d.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Got my car up and running GOOD again. Just had a bad harness. Are we still meeting at Bahama Breeze, and then going to Rich's? Or is it right off to Rich's to get started?
mstein95
Not sure if I can go yet but if I do I'd like to follow you Tacoma fellers up. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
confused24.gif
Root_Werks
99% sure The misses and I will be there. I can dig on at least one of two flared sixes to drive down. smile.gif

Rich, it's been a while since I have been down your way. Can you post directions or an address?
dinomium
Sorry, guys cant get the teener alighned untill Wendnesday so I will not be makin the trek.
Do not want to press my luck too hard with the wifey. Remeber, I take the ferry so back to back driving days are rare. Even more so when you have a bunch of guy over to work on cars!

laying low till the Revolution!
dino
rjames
Rich, we need directions- or did I miss that posting? Or is there a public place like a gas station or something that we can all meet at so you don't have to post the home address on the internet? (you probably get enough junk mail already!)
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 19 2006, 04:19 PM) *

Rich, we need directions- or did I miss that posting? Or is there a public place like a gas station or something that we can all meet at so you don't have to post the home address on the internet? (you probably get enough junk mail already!)

Yeah, it's been too long and I think I could get lost if I just tried to "wing it". Rich, if you can PM someone directions, even me, I can set up a meeting place and folks can follow me in, or someone.
mstein95
popcorn[1].gif
Bleyseng
dead horse.gif
sportlicherFahrer
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Meeting place?
Root_Werks
Troy (messix) knows the way. Maybe he will chime in with a spot to meet?
sportlicherFahrer
he is workin today, so im not sure about his computer access....
sportlicherFahrer
Now is this Rich that is up in mill creek? Or seattle? I just remembered that I went up to a guys house up there for 914 work, and ended up being a few days late for the party! If it is Rich up in mill creek, I believe that I know how to get there. I have a really good memory still.
mstein95
Jim - when are you heading up? Caravan?

Is Kevin coming also?
sportlicherFahrer
not sure about kevin, but if you want to meet up with me in tacoma on the way up, feel free. Just need a time!
KELTY360
Not sure if my schedule will let me make it, but I need directions and a phone # just in case. Please PM me - thanks.
Root_Werks
Yep, Rich from Mill Creek area. I think you can get to his place by using either the 128th or the 164th ST exits. I just can't remember the cross street to turn on from there. I'd post my cell #, but since I can't remember the way, it wound't do much good. smile.gif
sportlicherFahrer
How about we all meet up at the Bahama Breeze lot and go from there. I am sure one of us will know how to get there.
sportlicherFahrer
I know the way then. I use to meet up at the Round Table down the street from him with my VW club back in the day, so THAT part of the journey is pretty well set in my head. I still think meeting at a central location would be good and then drive from there since I dont have the address.
rjames
I'm located in North Seattle, so unless you guys are meeting north of downtown, I need an address of a final destination. Just as long as somebody posts something or PM's me before 4:30 with where to meet, I'll be there. Looking forward to putting more faces to names! beer.gif
Root_Werks
Bahama Breeze 15700 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila 206-241-4448

I'll try to be there around 5PM if I can. Sounds like at least one of us will know the way. smile.gif
Rand
Robert, Rich's place isn't too far from you. I5, 164th towards Mill Creek.... I'll leave it to Rich if he wants his address in the public forum. PM if you like.

I'm not going to drive down to Southcenter, then drive back up to the north end, in nasty traffic. On a weeknight, I'm hoping things get rolling at Rich's before it gets late.

What time at Rich's?????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.