Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
championgt1
I don't know why greenie would not let us part his car out. All I wanted were his tan seat bottoms. biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 31 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Here's the engine about to fall. Jeff's pants don't look like they are far behind.

ya I got no ass and troy has no legs laugh.gif

I would much rather have no ass ...Troy how do you even reach the pedals av-943.gif
your right! lol-2.gif Thats funny as hell !!!........Thanks to all that showed we got alot done.hope everyone got what they wanted and if you can think of something you missed LMK ...
Jon Bovey you missed a great turn out but ya gotta do what ya gotta do !Mark Brown needs some fuel line nuts from that tank if you dont need two sets please give him those that came off that tank....
Mark Brown those filters are cheap go buy a new one at the VW shop$10 dollars I doubt the one in that tank is any good.....
.That was hard to cut that thing up ....I would have sent the hole car to the East coast for free......Andy I will get you the vin#...Still some good quarters to be had ,floor pan, tunnel,,,,people have about one week and its gone
aircooledtechguy
I'd like to thank Mike for the great day with like-minded folks. It was really great to put more faces with the names. And thanks again Mike for the header. That was the last thing I needed to switch over to the early style SSI HE on my '75 beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Thanks for the pictures! Good to see everybody having a good time!
sixnotfour
Mark Brown needs some fuel line nuts from that tank if you dont need two sets please give him those that came off that tank....

I took the filler neck rockinoldschool took the rest.
914werke
sad.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 1 2009, 08:22 AM) *

I'd like to thank Mike for the great day with like-minded folks. It was really great to put more faces with the names. And thanks again Mike for the header. That was the last thing I needed to switch over to the early style SSI HE on my '75 beerchug.gif

Good to meet you Nate, glad you made it down. We really need to make a run up to your neck of the woods - Oak Harbor, Anacortes, etc. Good driving roads up there.

Also, a shout out to James (sportlicherFahrer) who was there for the early part of the day. He's going into the Army soon. Good Luck......and keep your head down! aktion035.gif

6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 1 2009, 09:22 AM) *

Mark Brown needs some fuel line nuts from that tank if you dont need two sets please give him those that came off that tank....

I took the filler neck rockinoldschool took the rest.

Troy took the tank to Bovey ...And i think what Mark need is the supply and return lines off the bottom !That little elbow thingy smile.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 1 2009, 08:24 AM) *

Troy took the tank to Bovey ...And i think what Mark need is the supply and return lines off the bottom !That little elbow thingy smile.gif

Ya, I just swiped the fuel gauge sender so I can stop using the bug unit that's in my car right now. Can actually start using the Porsche gauge again. biggrin.gif
Eddie914
Steve,

Sorry I missed you. I had to get home for my daughter's sports banquet. I saw you just as you were getting off on the 38th street exit. Your teener looked great.

Hope to see you soon,

Eddie
6freak
Thanks for breaking in the new grill Eddie ..ya did a fine job on the hotdogs and burgers
sixnotfour
Also, a shout out to James (sportlicherFahrer) who was there for the early part of the day. He's going into the Army soon. Good Luck......and keep your head down!

herehere beerchug.gif
championgt1
Mike, I was working on my car today and found that I need a few small things if you got them. I will try to swing by sometime before the car is gone. beerchug.gif
6freak
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 1 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Mike, I was working on my car today and found that I need a few small things if you got them. I will try to swing by sometime before the car is gone. beerchug.gif

sure Jack ....there still lots left! not a ton but lots. any time after 330....All the suspensions there does anyone want it ..2 front calipers and one back...steering colom,and wheel,and the 1.8 with tins no injection left (talk with Troy)lol...one spare wheel with good tire..drive axles...car WILL be cut up and gone to the scraper but Sunday..and a few misc parts
sixnotfour
i'm really getting the itch to toss a sbc in the snow flake. i've been day dreaming of some things to do that haven't been done in a 914 and the sound of a 3" stroke mill is really calling out to me. i'm thinking a alloy head 300 - 327 ish and running around 450 - 500 hp [ some of the hp estimators are pretty optimistic giving me 550-600hp]. the thought of needing a 930 box is whats really smacking back to reality. but that siren of a 8k rpm small block is really sexy

troy you talked me into it, LS 1 stroker, hows the install look ?
messix
you big dummy!!!!

your not supossed to get the running gear outta the v8 impalla .... the new ones are transverse front wheel drive... and you have it upside down slap.gif lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
biggrin.gif Actually was in a 944Turbo, pulled for new pistons and and stroke change.

Mikes parts car sawzall-smiley.gif is DONE. smilie_pokal.gif
Chris's car got a bit of sawzall-smiley.gif love today also. happy11.gif
messix
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 6 2009, 10:32 PM) *

biggrin.gif Actually was in a 944Turbo, pulled for new pistons and and stroke change.

Mikes parts car sawzall-smiley.gif is DONE. smilie_pokal.gif
Chris's car got a bit of sawzall-smiley.gif love today also. happy11.gif

whats that ls1 block weigh?
914werke
Dan's car is making the rounds sad.gif Ol Blue
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 6 2009, 10:21 PM) *

Dan's car is making the rounds sad.gif Ol Blue

Wow, he sure didn't hang on to it very long...
messix
looks like a flip.

that car is still a crazy good deal at that price!

great seats, awesome engine, great job on the steel top, and this car has been proven as a daily driver in the northwest weather!

i wish i could afford it. drooley.gif
effutuo101
I am just waiting for Dan to buy it back. Dan?

Hey Kurt!
I have just the part you need to fix that flared car of yours! I will take the flares as a straight across trade. lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 7 2009, 10:52 PM) *

lol-2.gif

Anyone have Traids # I have parts for him ..but then again i mite see him this weekend at Bremerton .....I have two rear panels off the scrapper and some suspention parts anyone wants them ...Jeff i ment to give you that plate of Aluminium ...2.1/2 by 4' 1/2 " thick aircraft grade .I`ll never use it .....hey everyone show up at Bremerton and run the course
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 8 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Anyone have Traids #

360-280-6855 is the number on his website.
JRust
I might consider coming up this weekend for AutoX. How many of you guys are going to Bremerton? Whats the schedule? Is it Saturday? Sunday? or Both?
6freak
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Jun 8 2009, 01:22 PM) *

Anyone have Traids #

Thanks John ...........Jamie i will call you tonite
6freak
Jamie i cant find your # ...send me a pm and i will call you 2nite
effutuo101
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Jun 8 2009, 01:22 PM) *

Anyone have Traids #

Good to see you out again! I heard you picked up all the parts to put heat in that beast!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 8 2009, 11:43 AM) *

Good to see you out again! I heard you picked up all the parts to put heat in that beast!

Ya. Just picked the car up from my parents garage two weeks ago. Due to lack of funding, I can only insure one vehicle at a time now, so the 914 was parked for the winter. Definitely nice to have it back up here. Went on a cruise to Winthrop last Sunday and enjoyed every minute of it.
JRust
Okay I registered for Bremerton this weekend. Prepare to kick my ass dry.gif . This will be my first official autoX. I sure hope there are quite a few of you WA guys there. I'll need all the help I can get driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
[Rant]
Why don't people with big SUVs leave extra space to stop their big ass trucks in?!?!
headbang.gif ar15.gif fighting19.gif boom.gif fyou1.gif
About a half hour ago my daily driver almost became my parts car! My roommate needed to drop his truck off in Arlington for his dad and asked if I'd tail him south and bring him back to Bham. When we got down to Arlington, he suggested taking highway 9 north as it's alot more fun than I5. We're about ten minutes from my apartment when a little first gen Eclipse slams on their brakes and comes to a complete stop for a deer that's standing a few feet off the road. I pull up and stop behind him and shortly after hear the sound of locked tires sliding on the pavement. I glance up in my review to see a Toyota 4Runner sliding at the back of the 914. I start yelling and wait for the impact. Luckily the Toyota driver swerved to avoid me at the last minute. He ends up hitting a concrete guard rail on the side of the road and sliding up beside me. I was watching in my passenger side mirror as he came within 8 inches of my rear passenger side flare. By the time he came to a stop his front bumper was next to my front flare. I hate people that don't pay attention or don't leave enough room when they're following. dry.gif
[/Rant]
messix
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

you called a toyota 4 runner a big suv....... and a big ass truck..... huh.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

those are ...... little!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 9 2009, 07:56 PM) *

you called a toyota 4 runner a big suv....... and a big ass truck.....

those are ...... little!

Compared to my mom's suburban or an excursion, yes, they're small.

But when you're in my 914 and it's sliding at you with it's brakes locked it's fuching huge!
6freak

But when you're in my 914 and it's sliding at you with it's brakes locked it's fuching huge!
[/quote]

LMAO ..There all big when there about to deep trunk your 914.....well it didnt happen so be happy about that ..Pull the seat out of your ass and get back to class ....lol
effutuo101
Glad you made it out unscratched Jon.
a 4 runner would have ended up on top of your car and it would have been ugly.
On a lighter note, you will now have to replace your seat as I am sure your buthole sucked the vinyl right off the seat.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 10 2009, 06:46 AM) *

Glad you made it out unscratched Jon.
a 4 runner would have ended up on top of your car and it would have been ugly.
On a lighter note, you will now have to replace your seat as I am sure your buthole sucked the vinyl right off the seat.

Ah, you forgot. Fabric not vinyl on the driver's seat. Therefor the seat won't hold a vacuum. lol
effutuo101
smile.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif dry.gif

Take care John!
messix
ok it's off the jack stands, all lights back on and working, needed new red top battery, [it'd had been sitting at full discharge to long to save it]. waiting for surgeon Jeff to do some amputations sawzall-smiley.gif and sheet metal transplants welder.gif . and i might get busy on the suspension upgrades smash.gif while waiting.

gonna take a little drive to the ax races tomorrow and pick up some goodies from doctor Dave. driving.gif

effutuo101
Wow Troy, I am impressed. Are you going to put in the front sway bar during all of this reconstruction?
My wife says she doesn't believe you have a Jeep. She hasn't seen it on the trail yet.

smile.gif Have fun at the auto x
RockinOldSchool
So much for the close call. Got rear ended on I5 on my way to Puyallup on Thursday. Luckily it was in stopped traffic north of Seattle. The guy behind me took his foot of the brake in his Toyota Highlander while talking to his passenger and rolled into the back of the 914. And I'm proud to say there was absolutely NO damage. biggrin.gif I was sure when I got out to check the damage that the 916 bumper would've been shattered at the very least. It's a lot more durable than I thought. Thank goodness he was only idling. I'm thinking I need a rubber bumper with tits. lol-2.gif
NORD

Wait for a few days and then look for the stress cracks on the fiberglass
my front about a week later just showed spider webs all the way across.
We should get together for a Baker run sometime. driving.gif

NORD
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 13 2009, 07:15 PM) *

NORD

Definitely. I enjoy the Baker runs. My family owns a condo up in the Snowater complex just past Glacier so I'm up there all the time. I'd suggest getting the south end guys to head up for a cruise to Winthrop, but I found when I lived in the south end it's tough to get a few of them motivated to drive. poke.gif

Maybe we can all manage to get together for a Leavenworth cruise sometime this summer.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 13 2009, 09:15 PM) *

NORD

if you guys want to do a baker run....count me in, i live 20 mins away
unless border traffic is bad headbang.gif
lets pick a day and do it!! piratenanner.gif
messix
me too!
6freak
me as well ...does it count if my cars on the trailer ....lol
aircooledtechguy
Count me in too!!

Mike: Park your trailer at my shop and drive that thing!!

John: have you ever considered painting the back-end of your car Day-glow Orange?? stirthepot.gif
NORD
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 15 2009, 09:01 AM) *

me as well ...does it count if my cars on the trailer ....lol

I thought trailers were for boats, Are you trying to pull the wind out of our sails?
The Chuckanut Club is having an autocross up at the lower White Salmon Lodge
June 21st Fathers day. That is Mile marker 52.
The best time for no traffic is 7-8 in the morning or during the week after 5:30 pm
Artist Point will be open after the 1st week of July give it about 2 weeks and
then we can have a good run to the TOP.

driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 15 2009, 07:47 AM) *

John: have you ever considered painting the back-end of your car Day-glow Orange?? stirthepot.gif

Can't afford it. Maybe I'll wrap it in safety vests... lol-2.gif

QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 15 2009, 07:48 AM) *

The best time for no traffic is 7-8 in the morning or during the week after 5:30 pm
Artist Point will be open after the 1st week of July give it about 2 weeks and
then we can have a good run to the TOP.

You sure? I don't think they ever opened Artist's Point last summer. The gate was closed at the upper lodge every time I went up.

And a quick warning to everyone else. They sand the hell out of that road from just past Glacier to the lodge parking lots during ski season but don't bother to run street sweepers to clean it up for the summer traffic, so watch your corner speed or you may slide through one of the switchbacks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.