Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
NORD
The Artist Point was open last year, I had three runs up there. They repaved the
road 3 years ago on the lower section and it is still nice, I've been up twice
this year already. The Upper section is scheduled to start clearing the road the
!st week in July and then its best to wait till the snow melts back from the
edges of the road and then there is no water on the road that can make it
slippery as you come around the corners. there is only one wet area on the lower section now, I was up last Saturday

NORD driving.gif
6freak
[quote name='NORD' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:48 AM' post='1180883']
[quote name='6freak' post='1180832' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:01 AM']
me as well ...does it count if my cars on the trailer ....lol
[/quote]

I thought trailers were for boats,

They are unless you have a car with under 70K on it and your try to keep that # down..... or a snow machine.....so i trailer it up ,unload and drive for the day ,real easy...,load her back up and drive home ,lots of miles saved and i still get to come hang out with you none travel`n northend pukes.... lol-2.gif cept Steve who will drive down from Canada eat a burger cut a part off a car drink a crappy Canadan beer and turn around and drive back that nite ..He`s the man ...LMAO
pete-stevers
yup i drive a long way to hang with and old bunch of nuts talking about tires that turn to bubblegum blink.gif
and i will prolly do it twice more this summer
to bad Mr Hines lit outta there so soon!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 15 2009, 10:52 AM) *

The Artist Point was open last year, I had three runs up there. They repaved the
road 3 years ago on the lower section and it is still nice, I've been up twice
this year already. The Upper section is scheduled to start clearing the road the
!st week in July and then its best to wait till the snow melts back from the
edges of the road and then there is no water on the road that can make it
slippery as you come around the corners. there is only one wet area on the lower section now, I was up last Saturday

Hmm.. I must've just been up there at the wrong times. Or maybe it was two years ago. The wet spots don't bug me. It's the left over sand that makes me uneasy.

QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 15 2009, 01:15 PM) *

i still get to come hang out with you none travel`n northend pukes.... lol-2.gif cept Steve who will drive down from Canada eat a burger cut a part off a car drink a crappy Canadan beer and turn around and drive back that nite ..He`s the man ...LMAO

Hey now, I was driving to hang out with the north end guys when I lived down south and now I drive down for the south end stuff from Bham. I get a little credit too. biggrin.gif
messix
your young you can do it.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2009, 10:36 PM) *

you're old, you have more money to be able to afford to do it poke.gif laugh.gif
messix
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Jun 16 2009, 12:39 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2009, 10:36 PM) *

you're old, you have more money to be able to afford to do it poke.gif laugh.gif

get married have kids get a mortgage get divorced pay child support and then see what kind of money you have lol-2.gif headbang.gif av-943.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2009, 10:46 PM) *

get married have kids get a mortgage get divorced pay child support and then see what kind of money you have lol-2.gif headbang.gif av-943.gif

Don't need to.
Tuition, rent, internet (for school), gas, books, food and currently unemployed... dry.gif
messix
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Jun 16 2009, 12:55 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 15 2009, 10:46 PM) *

Don't need to.
Tuition, rent, internet (for school), gas, books, food and currently unemployed... dry.gif

i'll trade ya!
6freak
Both of you quit cry`n your right where you wanna be or you wouldnt be there smile.gif ...LOV ya man but your not get`n my new tires! But i will sell you my old ones
Daiberl
Hello,

I live in Renton and I bought a 914 LE a week ago, before starting to restore the car I would need some advice (paint shops, good places to get parts, ...). Where and when will you meet next time so taht I can stop by for a chat?

Thanks,
- Juergen
messix
bump icon_bump.gif for a plan for this week?
effutuo101
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 28 2009, 09:33 AM) *

Hello,

I live in Renton and I bought a 914 LE a week ago, before starting to restore the car I would need some advice (paint shops, good places to get parts, ...). Where and when will you meet next time so taht I can stop by for a chat?

Thanks,
- Juergen

Welcome to the Club! Looking forward to meeting you. As far as parts, the classified section is a great help. You can read through or post a want to buy (WTB) add.
For technical help, a quick search on the site or you can post a question. We will all help. Some responses should be taken with a grain of salt.
What was the color combo on your LE?
Daiberl
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 7 2009, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jun 28 2009, 09:33 AM) *

Hello,

Thanks,
- Juergen

Welcome to the Club! Looking forward to meeting you. As far as parts, the classified section is a great help. You can read through or post a want to buy (WTB) add.
For technical help, a quick search on the site or you can post a question. We will all help. Some responses should be taken with a grain of salt.
What was the color combo on your LE?

The color combo was Black/Yellow, it's a Bumblebee and I will paint it again in the original color. I will drop the engine this weekend and then the work on the body starts, I'm currently looking for a new fuel tank because it's rusted inside (only 3 Gallons where in and that for 20 years).
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 7 2009, 05:46 PM) *

I'm currently looking for a new fuel tank because it's rusted inside (only 3 Gallons where in and that for 20 years).

I'll bet you could do a POR-15 tank treatment and it would be good as new. It's worth looking into anyway. It's amazing stuff.

effutuo101
I just took a motorcycle tank to Performance Radiator. They boiled it out and coated it. It came out really nice. They have a store down in the south. Look them up. Josh VanDusen at 425.252.7330 can give you the number for the southern stores. Tell him the guy with the BMW motorcycle Tank sent you.
914werke
Ive had them boil our a couple of tanks for me. Ive used interior tank coatings before (motorcycle) and have never been happy with the results...longer term. Clean it to steel Kill the rust and fill it with gas.
pete-stevers
can some one pm me Kevins phone or email...i would like to ask him to ppi an old single cab in Tacomafor me
thanks
Mr.242
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 28 2009, 12:51 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

FOCUS!

PLAN for the week!??????

Looks like I am in.....available at this point at least! shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
I'm game for doing something as long as it doesn't cost anything. I'm a litle broke right now. wink.gif Still love to go out and play with cars though.
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 11 2009, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 28 2009, 12:51 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

FOCUS!

PLAN for the week!??????

Looks like I am in.....available at this point at least! shades.gif

did you get it go`n ..drivable?? .....Im in for something
KELTY360
[/quote]
I'm currently looking for a new fuel tank because it's rusted inside (only 3 Gallons where in and that for 20 years).
[/quote]

Hey Juergen, I've got a good tank and I'm not far away from you. Give me a call @ 425.235.8383 and we'll work something out.

welcome.png
Daiberl
[quote name='KELTY360' date='Jul 12 2009, 12:35 AM' post='1190795']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hey Juergen, I've got a good tank and I'm not far away from you. Give me a call @ 425.235.8383 and we'll work something out.

welcome.png
[/quote]

Hi Kelty,

thanks for the offer but I bought one of Ebay on Friday for $ 45 shipped, it's a complete setup and based on the statement of the seller in good shape. I will check when the tank arrives, maybe that I come back to your offer.

Yesterday I dropped the engine and the body work will start today, I got the bolts of the CV joints open (Vice Grip and a lot of WD40), now I'm waiting for the sheet metal for the battery tray. Might be able to host a teener tuesday here at my place in the next week, what does it require besides soemthing to drink?

Juergen
sixnotfour
Hey Juergen, great find
eurotech in Totem Lake has done quite a number of 914's
Thet will be painting this one for my mom next week.
http://www.eurotechbodywerkes.com/
PanelBilly
what does it require besides soemthing to drink?

Juergen

Is there something else?

Hey I want to host a Tuesday too. I need to go through all the rubber and figure out what is good nough to clean up and put back on the car and what needs to be replaced. In another week I should have the complete suspension back from Eric and will really need help bolting it up. Then the car can be set on the ground again.

Hey does anybody have a set of 5 lug wheels with tires I can borrow while I'm tring to figure out what to buy. They only need to be good enough to hold the car up. Without an engine, I won't be driving anywhere
Todd Enlund
I want to come up for a Tuesday... been a while.
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 12 2009, 01:02 PM) *

what does it require besides soemthing to drink?

Juergen

Is there something else?

Hey I want to host a Tuesday too. I need to go through all the rubber and figure out what is good nough to clean up and put back on the car and what needs to be replaced. In another week I should have the complete suspension back from Eric and will really need help bolting it up. Then the car can be set on the ground again.

Hey does anybody have a set of 5 lug wheels with tires I can borrow while I'm tring to figure out what to buy. They only need to be good enough to hold the car up. Without an engine, I won't be driving anywhere

Count me in on this Tuesday or next Tuesday evening, let me know if I should bring something.
PanelBilly
I'm aiming for next Tuesday. My shop is full of parts I painted for a customer and by next week they'll be gone. Then I'll have room to work again
6freak
I have a set of wheels you can barrow Billy...Im busyer then a one legged man in a ass kick`n contest .so call me and we will figure it out ....go`n on a nother vacation piratenanner.gif leave`n thursday morning
PanelBilly
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 13 2009, 08:25 AM) *

I have a set of wheels you can barrow Billy...Im busyer then a one legged man in a ass kick`n contest .so call me and we will figure it out ....go`n on a nother vacation piratenanner.gif leave`n thursday morning

Where you going? I was thinking of having a Tuesday get togeather in a few weeks and need you there to give me shit!
6freak
Just a short one ...Pot holes ..In E WA should be home late sunday or monday ..so i will be there and i will bring wheels you supply Barley pop and pizza....Still have a stir stick in the Benz slap.gif ...lmao
Eddie914
Anyone want to come by Alki Beach and help me do a transaxle swap tonight?

The old one is noisy enough to wake the dead ... it's noisy enough to drown out the exhaust sound ... on my teener that is very loud!

Thanks,

Eddie
PanelBilly
I got to work tonight so I can't help.

I am offering up Pizza and beer next Tuesday 7/21 at my shop in Auburn. I should have a big box of goodies in from Eric by then. You can see some of the stuff he made on his business fasebook page.

6freak
Looks like Billy has 7-21-09 take`n ...and theres a few more People out there that need help maybe they should post dates they want to host a gathering so we can plan accordingly..I dont mind help`n where i can ...but the last minute stuff is hard to figure in are busy lifes ...soooo if you need help post your dates....JMO and an idea

MikeC
Daiberl
Are we still in for 07/21 in Auburn and if yes does someone who plans to come maybe 2 studs for the rock shaft, killed 2 today when I tried to install the heads my engine sad.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 19 2009, 08:38 PM) *

Are we still in for 07/21 in Auburn and if yes does someone who plans to come maybe 2 studs for the rock shaft, killed 2 today when I tried to install the heads my engine sad.gif

Good ? ...so whats up Billy ........2 studs for the rock shaft ??
PanelBilly
I thought about your idea of leaving town and took off myself. I went the other way, to Longbeach and watched people make art out of sand. It made for a cooler weekend.

Tuesday at my shop is still on. I'll be there at 5:00. The address is 3534 C street NE in Auburn. I received a pallet of goodies from Eric Shea on Friday and if I can figure out the new bolts and washer I need, maybe we can get my car back on the ground!
Call if you need direction 206 755-1705
6freak
so there we go Peps be there or be TALK ABOUT:lol4: I will bring wheels for ya Billy and tires for Jeff...................5PM TUESDAY 07/21/09.....anyone from T-town wanna ride down with me LMK...I can and pick you up ! Jack, kevin
Daiberl
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 20 2009, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 19 2009, 08:38 PM) *

Good ? ...so whats up Billy ........2 studs for the rock shaft ??

I'm looking for 2 studs for the rock shaft, killed them when I installed my heads, stupidity.
pete-stevers
anyone heard from dan root lately
PeeGreen 914
I haven't heard from him in ages. sad.gif
6freak
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 20 2009, 09:38 AM) *

anyone heard from dan root lately

Nope!! hope all is good with him ........................anyone from up north gonna show ...
PeeGreen 914
I may... don't know yet.
aircooledtechguy
I'm in. I've got an appointment @ Cantrell Motorsports for a 4 wheel alignment @ 2:00pm and will head south from there.

Anyone from up north want to make a day of it?? I'll be departing at around noon. . . I'll bring the driving light covers for Eddie in case he makes it.
RockinOldSchool
It's a no go for me. Work all day tomorrow.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 20 2009, 12:32 PM) *

I'm in. I've got an appointment @ Cantrell Motorsports for a 4 wheel alignment @ 2:00pm and will head south from there.

Anyone from up north want to make a day of it?? I'll be departing at around noon. . . I'll bring the driving light covers for Eddie in case he makes it.

Eddie ? Jeff wants the light covers, (VW swap meet) I have a doctors appiontment @ 4pm. may not be there.
Stop off at euro tech give em to Stephanie. Ill grab em from there. 1 mile from Cantrell's
Check out my Mom's 914 they just pianted.

BTW here is what I found at the swap meet. 2 nos 40 bucks (908 indicator lights)
PeeGreen 914
Sweet Jeff. When do I get to do a photoshoot of that car drooley.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 20 2009, 01:08 PM) *

Eddie ? Jeff wants the light covers, (VW swap meet)

headbang.gif After 20 years of reading names on folks shirts in the military, it's impossible to keep names straight. . . Sorry 'bout that. I'm better with faces biggrin.gif

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 20 2009, 01:08 PM) *
I have a doctors appiontment @ 4pm. may not be there.
Stop off at euro tech give em to Stephanie. Ill grab em from there. 1 mile from Cantrell's
Check out my Mom's 914 they just pianted.

I'll do that. Hope you can make it!!
6freak
Billy put the flammable stuff away if Troys comeing down lol-2.gif
effutuo101
Have fun tonight! I have to work on my car tonight and tomorrow night. I hope to be back on the road by end of the weekend!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.