Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
greenie

I'll be leaving Issaquah at about 4:00 , taking the back roads to Kent.

Does anyone want to meet up and drive together? driving.gif
6freak
Kevin or Jack you guys want a lift down ...I will not make it a late night have to be up at 430am
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 21 2009, 09:58 AM) *

I'll be interested. I'm going to be getting a 4 wheel alignment @ Cantrell Motosport @ 2:00pm (Kirkland). I imagine I would be done by 4:00. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. Get a hold of me at my shop by noon and we can figure out a meeting place. 360-299-8860
Eddie914
Driving Light Covers???

What did I miss?

Thanks

Eddie
championgt1
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 21 2009, 10:22 AM) *

Kevin or Jack you guys want a lift down ...I will not make it a late night have to be up at 430am

Thanks for the offer. I have to work late tonight. Have fun.
Mr.242
I'm out. sad.gif

Just switched to night shifts.

More time in the day to work on the car, but less social times in the evening.

-Mark

p.s. 6freak, pick up my fuel lines from Billy! I hope to be ready for them to install in a week?!
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jul 21 2009, 01:44 PM) *

I'm out. sad.gif

Just switched to night shifts.

More time in the day to work on the car, but less social times in the evening.

-Mark

p.s. 6freak, pick up my fuel lines from Billy! I hope to be ready for them to install in a week?!

10-4
effutuo101
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 20 2009, 10:59 AM) *

I haven't heard from him in ages. sad.gif

I called his cell and it now belongs to somebody else (not english speaking) and left a message on his home phone.

greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 21 2009, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 21 2009, 09:58 AM) *

I'll be interested. I'm going to be getting a 4 wheel alignment @ Cantrell Motosport @ 2:00pm (Kirkland). I imagine I would be done by 4:00. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. Get a hold of me at my shop by noon and we can figure out a meeting place. 360-299-8860

Nate & Kelty360 are meeting at my house about 4;00/4:30, we'll take Issaquah Hobart to Hgwy 18 and on into Kent.

Anyone else up for a nice drive?
effutuo101
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
smile.gif
Did you all have fun?
championgt1
Well, did you get billys car finished?
greenie
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 22 2009, 06:48 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
smile.gif
Did you all have fun?

Yes we had tons of fun!

A spirited drive , ask Nate (aircooledtechguy) about "the incident".

Getting the chassis off of the multi-painted rotessire was a challenge,lot's of paint on the bolt threads,

Billy was just a little nervous but his beautiful car is comfortably resting on its jackstands.

A few pics.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 22 2009, 09:35 AM) *

A spirited drive , ask Nate (aircooledtechguy) about "the incident".

Sigh. . . Ya had to go there didn't ya smile.gif The long and short of it is I tested, found and "slightly exceeded" the cornering abilities of 165/80R-15s (AKA- "pizza-cutters") on my 914. No harm done, slight foul (no flags on the play and only one finger to my knowledge). I wont be playing that way on the road again; a little too much fun for this guy.

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 22 2009, 09:35 AM) *

Billy was just a little nervous but his beautiful car is comfortably resting on its jackstands.

Had a great time at Billy's shop. We spent most of the time getting it off the rotisserie so no wheels on yet, but a big step forward. Not a single scratch as an outwardly nervous Billy looked on. biggrin.gif

For those who have not yet seen his car in person, the photos he's posted do NOT do it justice. Very impressive thus far!! Thanks again for the Pizza and Barley pop. I had a great time.

BTW, Jeff, I dropped of the light grills @ Eurotech w/ Stephanie. The car looks fantastic!!

effutuo101
The long and short of it is I tested, found and "slightly exceeded" the cornering abilities of 165/80R-15s (AKA- "pizza-cutters") on my 914. No harm done, slight foul (no flags on the play and only one finger to my knowledge).

Without pictures, it is hearsay, so, let the peoples talk! biggrin.gif
I can't wait to see this car on the road. It looks stunning!
6freak

[/quote]

you have to leave the house to see stuff poke.gif lol-2.gif
aircooledtechguy
[quote name='6freak' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:33 PM' post='1194141']
[/quote]

you have to leave the house to see stuff poke.gif lol-2.gif
[/quote]
agree.gif
effutuo101
That is funny. I do leave the house. But, with all of the work going on with the punkin, I have to measure out my time.
effutuo101
all of the mud has been stripped out. Going to do a little metal shapeing today and hopefully put some primer on. Then mud, sanding, more primer and maybe next month paint. smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 22 2009, 02:48 PM) *

That is funny. I do leave the house. But, with all of the work going on with the punkin, I have to measure out my time.

Looks like its come`n right along ...I kinda like those wheels on there ...while your do`n body work remove the antena and fill in the hole..JMO ..what ever you do dont let Billy be in charge of painting it
PanelBilly
..what ever you do dont let Billy be in charge of painting it
[/quote]

Hey I heard that. Here's my opinion. After the mud is sanded close to shape, let it sit a month or two and let that stuff cure and shrink back. Then finsih sand it. Try partly filling a paint cup with the stuff and set it on a shelf. You'll have a hocky puck.

And a big thanks to all you came out. I was scared that we'd drop my baby on the ground, but everyone was very careful. This weekend I need to get some assembly time scheduled!

PeeGreen 914
I'm sorry I missed it. Looks like it was a great time.

Chris, can't wait to get my hands on that baby biggrin.gif Looks like it is shaping up well.

Billy, so when are you set to have the fire off? beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Ok,
Flares welded on. Check
Mud up the fenders and shape. Check
Finish up little dents... In progress
Final shaping of flares.. in progress
finish up primer, glaze and wet sand. Pending.

Big to do's
Tighten fan belt
Alignment
Convert distributor to electronic
paint.

Almost ready for a teener tuesday. smile.gif
effutuo101
Root update

Dan shot me an email this morning. He and his family are doing well. They have been really busy with work and so forth. He sends his regards and logs on every few weeks.
Root_Werks
bye1.gif
Hey dudes!

Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. Yup, Chris is correct, life's been more than shall we say....shitty the last year. The economy hasn't been kind to us at all. We've downsized from our house to renting a little condo unit. I'd be lucky if I could pull a dollar out of my bootyshake.gif right now. laugh.gif

Anyway, still in school, even during the summer....kid has a license and an E30 now (Is that were all my $$$ went?) and Michelle and I are doing really well and enjoying the summer.

I currently have:
1988 Dodge Raider 2.6 5spd for $500 I picked up a while ago.
1988 Formula Fiero I got for free about 6 months ago. Found an aluminum block caddy V8 for $200 and bolted that in. Shit, the thing is quick! Gets around 23mpg to boot. But for a total investment of about $1300, I cannot complain. I couldn't touch a rusty pass side long from a 914 for $1300. huh.gif

Maybe someday when things get a little better, I'll score another 914. For now, just happy to have a roof over our heads. I'd crash one of the teener Tuesdays,,,,but in what,,,,the Fiero? huh.gif
Eddie914
Dan,

Good to hear from you.

Come on out on a Tuesday night. Bring the Fiero. The Fiero is about the closest thing to a 914 the American auto companies ever built.

IIRC you always wanted to build a 914 V8.

Be a "poser" and put Porsche badges on the Fiero ... it looks better than some of the rebodied teeners on the road (or on jackstands).

Best of Luck,

Eddie
6freak

I'd crash one of the teener Tuesdays,,,,but in what,,,,the Fiero? huh.gif
[/quote]
HELL YES
Dont really matter Dan ...Hell i drive a Honda Gaylude some times and Troy drives a metrosexual lol-2.gif Rich drives his Ford truck as does Jack ..Kevin drives a PT loser.Nate rolls on Pizza cutters.Pete Stevers does drive down in his 914 with lousy Canada beer and when Kurt comes down and picks up Mark and he tears the freaking door handle off his side of the car at the fruit stand ....GOOD TO HEAR FROM YA
PanelBilly
The car's on the ground and I'm serving beer to any of you guys who'd like to come by tonight and celebrate with me. Opps, my new employer call and I'm going out to dinner with him.

Maybe next week
effutuo101
Nice! Hope to see it soon.
sportlicherFahrer
Hey guys! Been a LONG time again since I've been on here. Glad to see everyone coming along on projects! I might be back in the teener game here soon. Too bad I will only be able to enjoy for a few weeks before I ship for basic. Going to look at a teener tomorrow down in Tumwater with Steve(quadracerx).

Billy, when do you want me to come down and help with your car? Call me anytime. 253-304-5171

Who wants to do a grill or something before I leave? I know Mike wanted to do something of the sort at his place in Tacoma. Any ideas?
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 24 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Who wants to do a grill or something before I leave? I know Mike wanted to do something of the sort at his place in Tacoma. Any ideas?

I'm in! Just let me know when and where. I have a lil more free time now that I'm done putting the new engine in the Evo. biggrin.gif
NORD

How about an Artist Point drive this coming weekend? I was up last thursday

and there is a little construction on the lower side about mile post 30. If you

don't know Artist Point is the end of the Mt. Baker Highway, the lower is

a nice curvey drive the last 18 miles is like a fast autocross, waves and

hairpins, so much fun.

From I 5 in Bellingham up to the top is about 58 miles. at about 20 miles

out it gets fun.

North end people think we can show the Southend people some fun?

We could all stage out of my place. driving.gif

NORD
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 24 2009, 06:56 PM) *

How about an Artist Point drive this coming weekend?

If we can get enough people that'd be fun. My teener is part way torn down in the parking lot. So if I can make it I'd be in the Evo instead. If there's not much interest I'll probably just go down to visit my parents.
6freak
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 24 2009, 03:33 PM) *

Hey guys! Been a LONG time again since I've been on here. Glad to see everyone coming along on projects! I might be back in the teener game here soon. Too bad I will only be able to enjoy for a few weeks before I ship for basic. Going to look at a teener tomorrow down in Tumwater with Steve(quadracerx).

Billy, when do you want me to come down and help with your car? Call me anytime. 253-304-5171

Maybe Billy`s shop so we can all drool over his new stuff...Its sorta in the middle and he`s got a beer fridge beer.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 24 2009, 08:56 PM) *

hairpins, so much fun.

out it gets fun.

NORD

I'd be up for that. That's a full 5 days to plan this for all you south-enders. . . stirthepot.gif
Eddie914
How about a 2.25 mile (times 50 laps) drive around scenic Pacific Raceways on Thursday the 27th?

I will be there with the Alfa Romeo Club. You should be able to get a ride if you bring a helmet.

Thanks

Eddie
6freak
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Aug 25 2009, 09:38 AM) *

QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 24 2009, 08:56 PM) *

hairpins, so much fun.

out it gets fun.

NORD

I'd be up for that. That's a full 5 days to plan this for all you south-enders. . . stirthepot.gif

Pends on what day and if i can get my wheels back from Billy
NORD

Saturday or Sunday up to Artist Point?

I'm open both days, somebody choose!

If we pick a date with good weather I'm sure others will showup

Maybe even from Canada. Did I mention the North Fork Brewery

we could stop by on the way down? driving.gif

If any body has any Questions give me a call Nord @ 360 961 0593

I live half way between Bellingham and Lynden, 6 miles North of

Bellis Fair Mall

NORD
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 25 2009, 04:27 PM) *

Did I mention the North Fork Brewery we could stop by on the way down?

The Beer Shrine is pretty good, but I prefer Graham's. Always stop in there for fish tacos. biggrin.gif
messix
tempting driving.gif
6freak

tempting driving.gif

Very,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still think`n bout it ...Im think`n Saterday
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 26 2009, 06:05 AM) *

tempting driving.gif

Very,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, still think`n bout it ...Im think`n Saterday

I can vouch that it's an awesome drive in a teener. My aunt own's a condo in Glacier that I borrow as much as possible so I've put in my time on the roads up there in all my vehicles. But the 914 is definitely the most fun up there.
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like fun guys. Unfortunately I am tied up with working three jobs now. The only time I get off is for AXs. Other than that I need to spend my time with my family. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to have a sitter for the kids and bring my wife in the teener.
NORD

Saturday is good for me. Now we have a day how many want to make it?

I don't care if you drive a Honda or Evo, run what you brung.

NORD

driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 26 2009, 03:02 PM) *

NORD

Wow... I don't pay enough attention. I just realized you're from Lynden. I'm out there a couple times a week doing deliveries for Front Street Furniture. I work for Bellingham Delivery.
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 26 2009, 05:02 PM) *

Saturday is good for me. Now we have a day how many want to make it?

NORD

driving.gif

i've got a training class i have to give in the morning and can be up there 'bout 10 am.
sportlicherFahrer
no go for me this weekend. Helping my Sis move back to Puyallup.

Took one look at that 914 in Oly and left. Hell hole was worse than my black car I had. At least the owner knows about it now.

Wonder what Billy thinks about his shop as a meeting spot. I talked to Steve about his place too, but that is pretty far south for some of the north end guys. lol
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 26 2009, 05:32 PM) *

I talked to Steve about his place too, but that is pretty far south for some of the north end guys. lol

Damn straight! lmao

If work and gas funds allow I'll show somewhere down there.
messix
come on!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif with in 2 months you guys are gonna bitchin' that the weather sucks for driving around in the teeners, this is the last of the good days to do it!!!!!! driving.gif aktion035.gif
NORD

So how many are in? North end guys it just a short run for us. Troy come on

up and well take the run. I'm going to call some of the people from the

Chuckanut Club, some of them will be joining us driving.gif aktion035.gif

Only RULE no motorhomes, I don't want anybody taking the wind out of

my sails. Mike you can trailer to my house then unload for the drive. from

my house to the top and back about 120 miles. I'm 6 miles north of Bham.

5 miles south of Lynden 1/2 mile east of the Guide Meridian. Address is

291 Ten Mile rd. Lynden, Wa 98264.

aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 27 2009, 03:02 PM) *

come on!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif with in 2 months you guys are gonna bitchin' that the weather sucks for driving around in the teeners, this is the last of the good days to do it!!!!!! driving.gif aktion035.gif

Only time I won't drive mine is in snow. . . The 914 goes from great handling to the worst handling car in history by adding snow/ice; just plain scary. So other than snow I'm an all-weather-teener when an event is happening. smile.gif

Saturday sounds good to me Now for a time that everyone can live with. I'm very flexible so I'll let others with commitments barter on the time. . .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.