Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 31 2010, 09:06 PM) *

I'm out of my class now and ready to start counting heads (or should I say mouths) to figure how much to cook.

Me and Jerry Mahoney, he will be at my house at 4:30 and we will drive down to your shop at around 5:00, will take us not longer than 30 minutes. Anything to bring with us?
messix
i'm gonna try and get down there.
rhodyguy
i sent you a pm mike. start spraying down the fasteners with penetrating fluid this week. esp the strut/balljoint connection points. the capturing nut that sandwiches the control arm on the bottom of the balljoint can be a mfer'. spray and tap, spray and tap...

k
70_914
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 29 2010, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Jan 29 2010, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 28 2010, 06:55 AM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jan 27 2010, 07:36 PM) *

Sounds like fun. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif at Mikes house is a good time. However, I will be in Michigan for work.

Michigan! holy freeze`n your nuts off Batman....Billy i will bring that box of tidbits....Kevin if ya want a ride down with me i live just off 72nd and pac ave! It will not be a late nite ,have to work the next day ...I havent heard from Todd yet so i still have a seat in the six

Since I have only been able to drive my rusty, non tabbed, barely running pile of junkyard around the block a few times (with open exhaust no less aktion035.gif ) I would LOVE to ride with you in yours.

Kevin

Sounds like a plan Kevin ...How about we meet at 72nd Fred Mayer at 430 ...Park at the North end of the FredMayer on the 72nd side ...and pray for no rain

Couple questions:
It is called teener Tuesday, but it is on the 6th correct?
Do I need to bring anything? I am an ASE certified Automotive Technician and have an excess of tools, and I also have a 1970 that I am about to haul off to the crusher with a lot of parts still on it.

Kevin
effutuo101
Kevin, before hauling that off to the crusher, I need all of the interior pices you have. condition not important. I need the steel structure for the dash. Let me know how much...
messix
i see a sawzall-smiley.gif party coming up!
messix
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 1 2010, 11:07 AM) *

Kevin, before hauling that off to the crusher, I need all of the interior pices you have. condition not important. I need the steel structure for the dash. Let me know how much...

you might want the rear axle flanges too.

are you gonna go 5 lug?
jsaum
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 31 2010, 09:06 PM) *

I'm out of my class now and ready to start counting heads (or should I say mouths) to figure how much to cook.

Billy,
I plan on coming by let me know if I can bring something.
Jsaum
PeeGreen 914
Chris, you know I have a dash consol frame sitting in my garage? poke.gif
messix
well i'm out for tomorrow night. a just got some stuff thrown at me from my attorney that has be be taken care of headbang.gif
greenie

I can't make Tuesday, but I'm planning on Saturday. beer3.gif
70_914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Feb 1 2010, 10:07 AM) *

The "steel" structure from the dash fell apart when I touched the screws that held the knee pad on. There is so much rust in it that the screw, speed nut, screwdriver and a piece of the knee pad went through the bottom of the dash. My reaction at that point (after finding a 73 that is in MUCH better shape, but needs mechanical work) went like:

sad.gif mad.gif headbang.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
sixnotfour

I can't make Tuesday, but I'm planning on Saturday.

me too
jsaum
QUOTE(70_914 @ Feb 1 2010, 05:47 PM) *

The "steel" structure from the dash fell apart when I touched the screws that held the knee pad on. There is so much rust in it that the screw, speed nut, screwdriver and a piece of the knee pad went through the bottom of the dash. My reaction at that point (after finding a 73 that is in MUCH better shape, but needs mechanical work) went like:

I have a 75 I'm parting out the dash frame looks pretty good. Let me know if it will work for you it's ready to pull.
Jsaum
6freak

[/ I also have a 1970 that I am about to haul off to the crusher with a lot of parts still on it.

Kevin

Hold the phone Loretta ...if you got parts that are good people need them i`m sure ..I know someone look`n for Calipers and backing plates ....I through away the ones i had and 2 months later he came a call`n ...we`ll take about at Billys TUESDAY or my house on SATERDAY
PanelBilly
Can't get the BBQ down there tonight, so we're having pizza. I'll pick up some beer. If you want something else to drink (or want to bring more beer) bring it along
effutuo101
QUOTE(70_914 @ Feb 1 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Ouch! no problem.

jsaum, please. let me know..

I don't know about Saturday yet. It depends on how much work I get done on my project this week and how much sleep I end up needing on Saturday morning.
Solo914
50/50 for tonight. When is everyone planning to show? Gotta love going south on 405 around 4-5pm smile.gif

Kyle
effutuo101
No can do tonight. I have parts to put on my car. Saturday is looking better.
Mr.242
Signed up for an OT shift tonite from 8p-5a. I'm out tonight.

Saturday is up in the air......what time is Saturday start?
PeeGreen 914
Yeah Mike. What time does Saturday's function start? 11:00? 12:00? 10:00? confused24.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 2 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Yeah Mike. What time does Saturday's function start? 11:00? 12:00? 10:00? confused24.gif

when ever you roll in ...I will be out there around 8AM but i dont expect anyone to show that early unless you want ...coffee will be hot ...lunch is at 11.30....I have a surprize for the first 5 that show up
Todd Enlund
I'm still up in the air for Saturday. Tonight is out.
PeeGreen 914
Cool, I will plan on heading down when my wife unlocks the door blink.gif
Eddie914
Billy,

I am hoping to be there tonight (Tuesday) with a 911 buddy. Do you need us to bring anything?

Thanks

Eddie
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 2 2010, 03:02 PM) *

The bedroom door sheeplove.gif,,,,,,,,,,, or the front door piratenanner.gif LMAO run forest run
aircooledtechguy
I'll be down on Sat. as soon as I can make it. I have one short stop to make on the way though. . .
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 3 2010, 06:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 2 2010, 03:02 PM) *

The bedroom door sheeplove.gif,,,,,,,,,,, or the front door piratenanner.gif LMAO run forest run

The cell door huh.gif biggrin.gif
6freak
chowtime.gif Burgers and chips on the menu,Bud lite ,Coka cola and of course coffee. beerchug.gif ..If you want anything else feel free to bring it .
If theres a tool you think mite help bring it ,I have everything up to 19mm and a few specailty wrenchs for oil lines and shock bolts i think 24,26 ,32 Maybe 36??? My wife works that weekend so she will be sleeping during the day ,there for wont be able to intertain any wifes or kids ,Bring them if you like there more then welcome and if there good with tools ..lol..mine just wont be around.....sooo anywho ..its gonna be a good time and lots of fun and I will learn a thing or two ,,I hope ..........maybe throw a lawn chair in your car

Doors open at 8AM lunch at 11:30 or 12 shop will close when the last person leave`s
dinomium
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 1 2010, 06:01 PM) *

[/ I also have a 1970 that I am about to haul off to the crusher with a lot of parts still on it.

Kevin

Hold the phone Loretta ...if you got parts that are good people need them i`m sure ..I know someone look`n for Calipers and backing plates ....I through away the ones i had and 2 months later he came a call`n ...we`ll take about at Billys TUESDAY or my house on SATERDAY

what has two thumbs and still needs a caliper and maybe a chunck o fender?

THIS GUY!!
happy11.gif
70_914
QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 4 2010, 10:10 AM) *

Kevin

THIS GUY!!
happy11.gif

I am keeping my calipers and I like the idea of the BBQ being made out of my car so the fenders should stay on it.... but I know where there is a 914 in the junkyard. There is a rapidly approaching deadline on getting the car out of my yard- as soon as my new one shows up on the trailer the old one needs to become scarce. 1 motorcycle, 1 SHO, 1 B2200 and 1 914 project is about the limit my wife can be expected to endure without going Lorena Bobbit on me.....

Kevin
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(70_914 @ Feb 4 2010, 04:06 PM) *

1 motorcycle, 1 SHO, 1 B2200 and 1 914 project is about the limit my wife can be expected to endure without going Lorena Bobbit on me.....

Oh My!! Better keep her happy!!
messix
QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 4 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Kevin

THIS GUY!!
happy11.gif

i still have that drivers side rear caliper if you need it.

i can't make it to mikey's but if some one from up here wants to stop by and pick it up they can bring down.
6freak
My weltmeister sway bar rubber bushing are shot bad .thinking i mite be able to make some from teflon .`i`ll post pix from work ..every thing else seems to be OK but havent got it all apart yet
dinomium
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 4 2010, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Feb 4 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Kevin

THIS GUY!!
happy11.gif

i still have that drivers side rear caliper if you need it.

I do need it. The replacement I have is leaking out the adjuster screw

i can't make it to mikey's but if some one from up here wants to stop by and pick it up they can bring down.

6freak
rubber is shot bad and very brittle! just crumbles.both sides..Dang sorry about the fuzz...last picture shows it best that bushing is supposed to have rubber all around it !hope weltmiester has replacements ...if not i`m gonna try to make a teflon piece for it
6freak
better
rhodyguy
while you're in there and the links are disconnected from the bar, see if it (the bar) rattles around. you might need those bushings too, they're prob as old as the ones in the droplinks.

k
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2010, 06:21 AM) *

better

Holy worn bushing Mike!! I'll bet changing those makes a big difference in how your car handles!! That probably translates into an extra inch in travel out at the wheel before the bar even begins to limit sway. . . Would there be any advantage to using silicone bronze bushings that won't distort with pressure and self lubricate??

6freak
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 5 2010, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 5 2010, 06:21 AM) *

better

Holy worn bushing Mike!! I'll bet changing those makes a big difference in how your car handles!! That probably translates into an extra inch in travel out at the wheel before the bar even begins to limit sway. . . Would there be any advantage to using silicone bronze bushings that won't distort with pressure and self lubricate??

I dont know but i made these this AM, teflon to replace the rubber it should hold up...Weltmeister dont make replacement parts looked all over there site before i made these....
messix
so who up north here can bring Dino's caliper down to 6freaks house this saturday?
Todd Enlund
I'm not gonna make it tomorrow... bills are piling up, and I can't afford the gas sad.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 5 2010, 11:39 AM) *

I'm not gonna make it tomorrow... bills are piling up, and I can't afford the gas sad.gif

10-4 Todd thanks for letting me know beerchug.gif
Daiberl
I very likely can't make it tomorrow, too much work to do and my wife invited friends for the afternoon.

- Juergen
70_914
I am going on Saturday, and I am bringing a guest. My "new" 914 will be on the dolly because I am picking it up in the morning.

This thing is the sweetest, most mold covered project ever to cost $400.

Kevin
effutuo101
Troy, can you swing the parts by my place tonight?
6freak
QUOTE(70_914 @ Feb 5 2010, 04:54 PM) *

I am going on Saturday, and I am bringing a guest. My "new" 914 will be on the dolly because I am picking it up in the morning.

This thing is the sweetest, most mold covered project ever to cost $400.

Kevin

Come strait down the drive ,plenty of room to turn around ,,,,,RODYGUY checked ever thing else out real good and it appears to be fine ,got the left side A-arm off and the rubber bushings look brand new dry.gif didnt quite expect that but oh well....did find one turbo tie rod boot riped
effutuo101
whats the addy and phone number?
helios
Gonna go clean up the car. I will likely try to make it down there tomorrow.

driving.gif
effutuo101
heya Dino, Troy drop off your caliper. and drooled on my car....
Seya tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.