Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 20 2006, 01:02 PM) *

Robert, Rich's place isn't too far from you. I5, 164th towards Mill Creek.... I'll leave it to Rich if he wants his address in the public forum. PM if you like.

I'm not going to drive down to Southcenter, then drive back up to the north end, in nasty traffic. On a weeknight, I'm hoping things get rolling at Rich's before it gets late.

What time at Rich's?????

I thought it was 5-6PM show up time. I am with you, I live in Marysville, so I will just drive striaght to Rich's if I can. Can you PM me his addy?
rjames
Yeah, I'm not planning on heading south to go north. Looking forward to being able to hang out with a running car of my own! smile.gif Will be there sometime before 6 (traffic permitting).
mstein95
THIS JUST IN..........can't make it. Wife is directing graduation events and babysitter just cancelled. I'd bring the girls with me but, as we all know, only two seats. Damn.

Just as well - Mill Creek would have been a long (but fun) haul.

owned.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I am just leaving the boat now. Troy says he will be there at about 7. See you guys in a little bit!
Bleyseng
Yep, me too as I can't go due to some graduation I knew nothing about!

Saturday is looking good for me to tune the bastard child with the LM-1 Rich.
Eddie914
This is horrible.

I was sure I was finally going to be able to show up! I'm still at the office 10:20 %$#@^#$$% PM!

When your biggest client needs a rush job ...

I thought Tax Accountants didn't have any work after April 15th.
T wing
Eddie, you got me beat. I got out of work at about 9:30, started at seven though. Love those 15hr days, almost makes me wish I got paid by the hour again, almost.

Is there something going on Saturday then, weather's supposed to be nice for awhile.
Bleyseng
My plan is to go out to Rich's to tune the 1911cc motor on Sat. I'll hook up the LM-1 meter and laptop to do it along with a MPS that got the end opened up.

This still on Rich?

jsharp.gif
914werke
You bet. Pull the exhaust last night for welding. Ill work on the exhaust leak and dizzy before then.
Good turn out, Some new faces (to me) more BS than work cept for Dan biggrin.gif
Ill post pics later today.

R.
Bleyseng
Any other that want to show up on Sat.?
Root_Werks
Except I wasn't working on your car. smile.gif

I wound up pulling over agian just after leaving your house. Timing was still pretty far off. But just playing it by ear, I got it within 5 degrees of total advance. I set it when I got home. The car runs MUCH better. Still likes to load up on feul anything under 2000 rpm's. So I think it needs some smaller idle jets. Get above that and it smooths out and just sings. I also did some more carb tunning and smoothed out the idle. It just takes time to set everything with a new engine. Can you believe by the time I got to I-5 I had things set up good enough I could break the tires loose in 2nd gear when I gave it a little "stab" to get on the freeway? Those R compound 275's were sreaming for grip. smile.gif
Rand
I hope to make it Saturday.

That 6 is one amazing car. Wow. Caught a couple photos with my phone while Dan was moving the distributor a tooth to get the timing adjustment range he needed...

rjames
Another of the 6.

The after-meet-up ride was the best, although I really need to get my heat issue resolved. It was a chilly ride home (when is summer going to arrive around here?!). Great to meet all of you.
teenerted1
i am a regular at the monthly xxx drive in meet 2nd sat every month. but would like to meet some of the other teeners out here. when is your next getogether?
Bleyseng
Saturday morning at Rich's as he is cookin!
914werke
jsharp.gif
Root_Werks
Oh man, I might have to show up for that one too! chowtime.gif
Bleyseng
Oh boy, SoY burgers!

barf.gif

Costco Rich!! Buffalo patties!
dinomium
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 21 2006, 12:35 PM) *

Oh boy, SoY burgers!

barf.gif

Costco Rich!! Buffalo patties!

I servered Buffalo at MY werk party along with top sirloin burgers... I dont think I can swing two saturdays in a row of workin on cars...
914werke
Geoff not a bad idea ill have to chk that out.
Dan we'll put you to work on the LE next time.
Dino YOUR KILLIN ME! OK tommorow or fri. I guess Im taking a boat ride...?
Whats the fares up to now? Ill prolly ride around and take the Kingston back.
(insert Ferryboat smilie)
dinomium
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jun 21 2006, 05:18 PM) *

Geoff not a bad idea ill have to chk that out.
Dan we'll put you to work on the LE next time.
Dino YOUR KILLIN ME! OK tommorow or fri. I guess Im taking a boat ride...?
Whats the fares up to now? Ill prolly ride around and take the Kingston back.
(insert Ferryboat smilie)

HA!
14 for cars cuz it be summertime! I think bikes are around 7.50... I should be around Thursday nite for sure, Friday still up in the air, work shizzle! I will grill your a nice buffalo burg for the effort! Anybody else that would like a burg can stop by as well!
smile.gif
I just like cooking burgers, is that so wrong? jsharp.gif

Next week works too...
sportlicherFahrer
Meeting up in Bremerton again on Thursday? I am up for it! Saturday is good for me too Rich if your doin more work on your car. Maybe this time though visitors will lend a hand (me included of course). smile.gif I have to work at 4 though. sad.gif Still up for the drive though!
Root_Werks
You guys only got to see that black car covered in green dust (okay, overspray). After a decent wash and a little carnuba wax, it's back to a smooth shine again. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Nice!
mstein95
drooley.gif
Root_Werks
Click to view attachmentBad shot, but Saturday, I hope to drive my little 914-6 to Rich's for some chowtime.gif
Jenny
Sorry for the hijack, but I'll be visiting Seattle next month and wanted to see if you guys want to meet up for some grub. I started a thread in the sandbox. Please reply there as you see fit. Danka!

Jen
rhodyguy
you should post a thread of it's own out front jen. dan, is that the car craig raced around your neighborhood and got me dagger looks (6 or 7 doors down was not amused) when it was my turn?

k
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 22 2006, 10:55 AM) *

you should post a thread of it's own out front jen. dan, is that the car craig raced around your neighborhood and got me dagger looks (6 or 7 doors down was not amused) when it was my turn?

k

Yeah, same car. New motor now. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
I am wondering what time you are gonna be ready today Rich?

Whens the party?

Give me a call.... blink.gif
914werke
Im up & workin chowtime.gif
Anytime, I got plenty to do .
Dont forget the welder.gif
Bleyseng
Ok RIch where the address???

WTF.gif
T wing
We gonna try again anyone? Instead of having to work from 0650 till after sunset. I might even have tomorrow off, but I gotta come in in the morning to find out.

Oh yeah, how'd the SoCal people get their post nailed with only two pages? Is that because there are more of them down there?
Bleyseng
No, its because there are about 4 admins in Socal....none up here. We don't get any respect.... mad.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 28 2006, 03:02 PM) *

No, its because there are about 4 admins in Socal....none up here. We don't get any respect.... mad.gif

None in Salt Lake, North Carolina or... dry.gif Oh well... We dont have an in and out burger I guess...
dinomium
lets get a running total so we can scare the locals and get to Portland next week in style!
Meet at Kevin's (rhodyguy)
piratenanner.gif
914werke
Ok, IT RUNS! drunk.gif Pretty well too. I was stumped and Jeff (sixnotfour) stoped by and bailed me out! smiley_notworthy.gif Thx again Jeff.
Though I tempted fate and decided to take for a shake down run & break in the motor......Something bad happened. confused24.gif
Not sure but I think I pulled a head stud cus I was cruisin at about 4000
and BARRAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Limped it back home parked it and cracked a beer.

Bummed. headbang.gif
rhodyguy
that sucks rich. better in the neighborhood than in longview. i'm so confused. the car you drove to camarillo no longer has the 2.0 in it, or is this a different car?

k
DNHunt
Rich

I think I could fudge together Old Smokie with the D-jet. i can't remember what all I have but, I think I can come up with a runner. Seems to me the only thing that is missing is a dizzy cap an rotor.

Dave
rhodyguy
dave, got time for a chat before you go to church? phone lines are open.

k
914werke
Any of you NW folks want some tickets to the Historic Races?
I ve got some Im apparently not going to use since Ill be under the car....
again.
First come first served.
Kev yes it the Yellow 73 but its the freshened 1.7 now a 1911.
Dave thanks for the offer but Im commitied to see this through,
I gonna go out now and try & figure our what up.
I hope its not REAL bad sad.gif blink.gif
if interested call me
Bleyseng
So what was wrong with the car before???
sixnotfour
bad timing/light , used my light, and turned rehostat, turned it to center was far left . Had to open throttle a hair for it to start though.
Ran sounded good.
rhodyguy
thought the "camarillo" engine was a "newish" 2.0 (gerber?). if it was a 1.7, i don't understand the tear down. it seemed to run quick and you didn't have any problems pulling the grades on the way home.

k
914werke
Disaster averted! rocking nana.gif
Inded something ...let go!
one of the rockershaft retaining nuts & wavey lock washers
decided they werent going to hold the whopping 10lbs of torque! smash.gif
The nut may be wore out from looking at it. Problem is finding another
11mm on a sun. chair.gif
I just went through this drill recently looking for simple tune up parts for the teener and not a single flaps caried all of what I was after.
The nut left some neat little ricotche markes inside the cover & head but didnt seem to cause any real damage.
Ill try to loctite it and if doesnt hold Ill start seaching.
Kev you must of missed a bunch of previous posts cuz we went into some detail.
2.0 came out as its the #'s maching eng. for the LE.
1.7 built to 1911 to replace. Maiden voyage ..bang. Up to speed? burnout.gif
messix
man i knew i forgot one when i tourqued them!
914werke
Nah Troy it was just stripped. It would hold but just barely.
For good measure I chk both sides . chair.gif
For any of you you dont have one, go out and get an
"inch lbs/NM" torque wrench. Much more acururate on the
small torque settings.
They were all on the light side, & one more was stripped. thumb3d.gif
Fired right up and sounds good though Ill do a oil change and valve adjust
heading for Portland.
smilie_pokal.gif

R.
messix
right on. good to hear it's all coming together. hows the exhust leaks. didja have to loosen everything back up then sinch it back down?
that exhust braket was a b-tch to put on backwards.
rhodyguy
rich, i have some replacement studs and related fasteners in some heads. if you need them call me and come and get them tomorrow or when ever it's convenient. i didn't know the LE was ready for an engine.
DNHunt
Rich

That's good news. Aren't those 7mm?

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.