Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
6freak
i can prolly make it
Silver72
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 26 2010, 03:25 PM) *

Keep us posted on the tranny. driving.gif

So I know we figured on the pizza place next door so I'm not planning on bringing any food, just money.......for food, tools and things to help wrench on his 914.

Hopefully the weather gets a little better by the 1st. Should be a good time!

driving.gif

Got the tranny in. Car is drivable. R-1-2-3-4-5 work. 2nd is a bit squirly. Really soft touch to get it in 2nd. Impossible to downshift to 2nd. Other than that...works ok. Back on the road.
messix
QUOTE(Silver72 @ May 27 2010, 08:03 PM) *

So I know we figured on the pizza place next door so I'm not planning on bringing any food, just money.......for food, tools and things to help wrench on his 914.

driving.gif

Got the tranny in. Car is drivable. R-1-2-3-4-5 work. 2nd is a bit squirly. Really soft touch to get it in 2nd. Impossible to downshift to 2nd. Other than that...works ok. Back on the road.

smilie_pokal.gif
NORD

I'll be down if it doesn't rain that day!!!!!! Nate maybe meet in

Burlington and travel together? driving.gif
rjames
I will try and be there provided I can get all the air out of my brake lines. dry.gif
New Eric PMB calipers, rotors and lines. 6 hours of bleeding brake fluid the old fashioned way and 2 hours with a motiv pressure bleeder has gotten me close to having a break pedal, but still not quite there yet.
Hopefully I'll get 'er done in time to join in the fun!

Nürburg Nomad
Wow the length of this thread is epic! I just spent a good hour or so reading through various parts and eyeing some of the sharp photos hiding in this thread!

Inspires me to start a similar weekly gathering here in the Mid-West; keep up all the 914 cookouts and keep the high-res photos coming West-Coast teeners! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
"Teener Tuesdays" have been going on for years now. Same nutty core group of teeners always seems to wind up causing trouble. biggrin.gif

Mark - So good to hear you got your 914 back on the road. The 2nd gear thing is kind of common. Some stuff can help, we'll fill you in Tuesday.

NORD - If you drive down with something that can haul a front LE spoiler, let me know. wink.gif
NORD
Dan

I check weather the day before and give you a call.

I'll bring those rear wheel rods also. Did I tell you I

broke another Sears breaker bar on the other nut!

Thank you Sears for two replacement 1/2" breaker

bars. driving.gif
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ May 28 2010, 07:44 AM) *

Dan

I check weather the day before and give you a call.

I'll bring those rear wheel rods also. Did I tell you I

broke another Sears breaker bar on the other nut!

Thank you Sears for two replacement 1/2" breaker

bars. driving.gif

FAT ASS!!!! happy11.gif poke.gif
Root_Werks
av-943.gif

NORD, I owe you one for keeping your word all these years and hanging onto those parts for me. I really appreciate it!

Let me know if you need my number (I have yours). If you wind up coming down, I can bring the spoiler with me.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ May 27 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I'll be down if it doesn't rain that day!!!!!! Nate maybe meet in

Burlington and travel together? driving.gif

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll be at the shop all day. We could meet @ Costco in front of the filling station. . .
70_914
QUOTE(Silver72 @ May 27 2010, 08:03 PM) *

driving.gif

Glad to hear that my $75 pig-in-a-poke transmission lived up to expectations! Now I don't have to give back your money biggrin.gif

KELTY360
QUOTE(rjames @ May 27 2010, 10:59 PM) *

I will try and be there provided I can get all the air out of my brake lines. dry.gif
New Eric PMB calipers, rotors and lines. 6 hours of bleeding brake fluid the old fashioned way and 2 hours with a motiv pressure bleeder has gotten me close to having a break pedal, but still not quite there yet.

Good luck on the bleeding. Do you need help?

This is looking like a good turnout. I figure we're bound to have sunshine...it is the day after a three-day weekend after all. shades.gif
rjames
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 28 2010, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ May 27 2010, 10:59 PM) *

Good luck on the bleeding. Do you need help?

This is looking like a good turnout. I figure we're bound to have sunshine...it is the day after a three-day weekend after all. shades.gif

Thank you for the offer. beer.gif I going to make a sacrifice to the gods of air expulsion this evening and then give it another go on Saturday. We'll see if them there gods are smiling. Hopefully I won't have to raise a white flag, send up a flare and be humbled by the fact that I can't bleed my own brake lines. biggrin.gif
NORD
Put this Thread back in the Front row! driving.gif

Whats on tonight? Looks like no rain but will drive G 35

Nate & Dan will give you Guys a call latter when I get back

home and get updated good weather report
KELTY360
We're looking good for Plan A. Meet at Garrett's around 6pm for a little cruise leaving at 6:30. When we get back we can order pizza from next door and chow down on the lawn. Bring chairs.

His address is 1427 Olympic view Dr., Edmonds.

In case anyone needs to reach me, my phone# is 425.255.2556

See you there. driving.gif
Root_Werks
Today looks like the only decent day this week. We'll be there!

driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
Am I right in assuming that Garrett's car is up and running now?? I was under the impression that we still needed to fix a couple small things prior to cruising. . . I'm in either way.
Root_Werks
Fuel lines.

That was it I believe, he may have already had that done though.

I'm still bringing my cover-alls and a couple of tools just in case.
KELTY360
Not sure the status. Jon would know. I think he was going to be replacing the lines in the engine bay over the weekend. Bring tools in case we need to wrench.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 1 2010, 08:12 AM) *

Am I right in assuming that Garrett's car is up and running now?? I was under the impression that we still needed to fix a couple small things prior to cruising. . . I'm in either way.

I was all fuel soaked last night and got most of the lines under the car changed. Just need to get two in place and then it is simply to top lines left. I did suggest he get the tunnel lines from Tangerine but his are still nice and soft and look very nice.

My wife sprained her ankle very bad last Monday so I haven't had the time unfortunately. I will be there tonight and hopefully will have the bottom linesd done before people show up.

You guys should see the underside of this car thought. SOLID as I have never seen. There isn't any rust. None. zero.
NORD
Weather looks O K ????? Will be on my way. There about 6:00

driving.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 1 2010, 01:08 PM) *

Weather looks O K ????? Will be on my way. There about 6:00

driving.gif

Got your message NORD, I am to working!......kinda. happy11.gif

I'll bring the spoiler. wink.gif
NORD
I see alot of you guys on the Board that are suppost to be working.

It must be nice to have a office job! Oh I've been off for three weeks

driving.gif
DNHunt
Not gonna make it tonight. Cleaning parts.

Dave
Silver72
I am heading that way. Should be good to go.
messix
gotta bow out
KELTY360
Things didn't go exactly as planned due to weather. It drizzled just enough to make a cruise unworkable, but we had a good time anyway. Garrett's place is just beautiful, especially with spring in full bloom.

Jon got the fuel lines replaced and after a quick battery charge it was time for Garrett's time machine of a 914 to emerge from the garage.

Click to view attachment

A line of 914s wait to greet a brother.

Click to view attachment

The sound of a dead stock 74 2.0 with original exhaust had to be experienced. So smooth running. Time warp moment.

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Garrett and co-owner Kim discuss their rare find.

Click to view attachment

Some of the group admire the line of 914s.

Click to view attachment

Sir Andy made a guest appearance to photograph the hell hole on Garrett's car. That splotch of blue is original paint. Same as on the battery tray.

Click to view attachment

Trunk is likewise pristine original.

Click to view attachment

Thanks to Garrett and his wife Patricia for hosting us this evening. Hopefully this summer we can have a mini car show and bbq out here. Great setting.
6freak
good times ...and like marc said that car is a time capsule...amazing smilie_pokal.gif
aircooledtechguy
Well said Marc. Can't really add a thing to that. It was a great evening w/ Garrett and his wife; Thanks again for allowing us to enjoy your beautiful home and car. Next time we'll get him a cruise in his car for sure.

Kudos to Jon for all his hard work getting all those fuel lines replaced. beerchug.gif

Thanks to all for showing my friend Erik (the "914 virgin") a nice time as well. We made big strides to ensure he gets a 914 in the future. It's amazing at just how easy it can be to turn folks to the dark side. . . av-943.gif
Root_Werks
It was a really good Teener Tuesday event. That 914 is amazing!

As said, good job to Jon for getting things squared away, it fired right up, no more fuel leaks!

I have some pictures myself I'll probably load up tonight.

Silver72
Great to meet you all. Great pictures Marc.

rjames
Sorry I missed this event. What a beautiful location!
Air in the brake lines kept me away. Hopefully next time.

PeeGreen 914
It was a blast. Garrett and his wife are two gems that are great additions to our 914 family. His car is one of the purest 914s I have ever seen. I can't wait to stop all the oil leaks and see what Kim is able to do with the paint. Kim is also a very great guy. (He is Garrett's partner in the car) beerchug.gif
InkyP
Ok so I guess I need to check in here more often. Sorry I missed it! Look forward to the next one which I hope will be in the sun!
KELTY360
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jun 2 2010, 10:35 AM) *

Ok so I guess I need to check in here more often. Sorry I missed it! Look forward to the next one which I hope will be in the sun!

What is this 'sun' you're talking about? hissyfit.gif
InkyP
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 2 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Definition of Sun:
The procedure to which is used to take targa top off.
The rare animal that only comes out when the nasty rainman is away.
A glowing example of obsrudity.

Who really know what the sun is? Gotta see it first! confused24.gif
6freak
I think i seen it once ,but then it went away
KELTY360
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jun 2 2010, 11:03 AM) *

Obsrudity? I'm going to have to work that word into a conversation today. I don't know what it means, but then again I rarely know what I'm talking about...it will fit right in with my vocabulary. lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:21 AM) *

Obsrudity? I'm going to have to work that word into a conversation today. I don't know what it means, but then again I rarely know what I'm talking about...it will fit right in with my vocabulary. lol-2.gif

Hey, I found the definition. huh.gif

Obsrudity= Likely the misspelling of the word absurdity generally caused by quick typing and no spell check. This word is generally only questioned by true asshats that have nothing better to do than go around checking others spelling poke.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 2 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Obsrudity= Likely the misspelling of the word absurdity generally caused by quick typing and no spell check. This word is generally only questioned by true asshats that have nothing better to do than go around checking others spelling poke.gif

Yippee! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Confirmation that I'm a true asshat! Where is that meeting being held? (sssh, don't tell Troy)

I feel so special. wub.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 2 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Yippee! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Confirmation that I'm a true asshat! Where is that meeting being held? (sssh, don't tell Troy)

I feel so special. wub.gif
NORD

Marc congrades on asshat! You don't have to double post

Marc is a post horr?

Please check my spelling driving.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Jun 2 2010, 12:21 PM) *

Marc congrades on asshat! You don't have to double post

Marc is a post horr?

Please check my spelling driving.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Just trying to cement my status. Do you think I'm trying too hard?

Not often someone makes asshat and post horr at the same time.

Your spelling is fine BTW grouphug.gif
InkyP
So you are picking on the tard I see! Great now I have to learn how to speall? Should never have let the engine fall on my head I guess!
KELTY360
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jun 2 2010, 01:56 PM) *

So you are picking on the tard I see! Great now I have to learn how to speall? Should never have let the engine fall on my head I guess!

Hell yes. You need to learn that we can't talk about you if you show up to the events. biggrin.gif

Yeah, like that's going to stop us. happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jun 2 2010, 01:56 PM) *

Picking on the tard? confused24.gif We always pick on Marc. Oh, you mean you. Eh, there's never too many of us tards around lol-2.gif blink.gif
Root_Werks
First to show up, Wife and I, Mark (no tranny issues this time!) and Marc.
Root_Werks
Good shot of my newly installed LE spoiler. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.