Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Bleyseng
I have a set of the 8mm studs and nuts too in the stash if you need them.

"just needed timing lite and adjusting the reostat" WTF, can I get you to junk that reostat yet, Rich?

Let Blair and I know when you want to tune it. It will help if you drive down this way, heck drive it to work and then swing by. thumb3d.gif
sixnotfour
"just needed timing lite and adjusting the reostat" WTF, can I get you to junk that reostat yet, Rich?

I told him to cut it out. too much knobology
914werke
Im riding the bike (insert Wheelie smilie) smile.gif
Im fine with replaceing the knobage, as long as its tuned and purring.
Geoff you guy can have at it today if you want!
Just say the word Ill meet you and get it going. driving.gif
Youll need to bring back one of those prepped MPS's LM1 and a NB computer other that shes a driver cept for tags.
I should have those today.

R.
effutuo101
I do have a little time today. More on Wednesday and Thursday. I pm'd you my phone number. With the tragic drowning of my old phone in a pool in Sacramento, all of my phone numbers are gone. Bad for work stuff. Good for vacation stuff.
Talk to you soon.
Did Troy get the bumpers installed?
quadracerx
Hey Guys...

Just registered...are you guys still having local meetings in Lynnwood at Hooters? On Tues's?

Anybody know where I can find a complete car with A/C or a complete setup?

Thanks..

Steve
dinomium
Hey quad,
welcome.png
Post a WTB (want to buy) ad in the classifieds and you will get better responses.
Cheers and welcome, if you can, you should come down to Portland this weekend and meet the crazys in person.
They are a lot less scary when you seen them up close!
quadracerx
I was just hoping that someone might have the A/C stuff...ill post in the classified later today...I cant make the Portland thing this weekend...work...work work....

Are there any meetings on a regular basis in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

Thanks..

Quad
Rand
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Jul 3 2006, 03:12 PM) *

Not really. A bunch of us on the north end meet semi regularly on Tuesday nights, or occasional work parties. We've had a hard time getting everyone together with the south end... don't think it will happen on a weeknight because of the distances. Hopefully some weekend. Maybe a Bremerton AX.
dinomium
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 3 2006, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(quadracerx @ Jul 3 2006, 03:12 PM) *

Not really. A bunch of us on the north end meet semi regularly on Tuesday nights, or occasional work parties. We've had a hard time getting everyone together with the south end... don't think it will happen on a weeknight because of the distances. Hopefully some weekend. Maybe a Bremerton AX.

IF we get the team to Btown for the races, we can jsharp.gif back here at the ranch and swap war stories!
T wing
For a second there I thought that you were talking about B-ham, not B-town. I was starting to get all excited too 'cause I'm moving to Bellingham in a couple of weeks . . . I guess I'll still have to drive out to the peninsula on occasion then.
dinomium
QUOTE(T wing @ Jul 4 2006, 03:38 AM) *

For a second there I thought that you were talking about B-ham, not B-town. I was starting to get all excited too 'cause I'm moving to Bellingham in a couple of weeks . . . I guess I'll still have to drive out to the peninsula on occasion then.

You are going to be a hamster, eh? biggrin.gif There are two car clubs up there that do multi make ax somewhere in the hammie area. How kewl whould it be to flood one of their events with 914s?!?!!
messix
just a bump so's not to let this get lost.
messix
icon_bump.gif
any one up for a teener tuesday
Bleyseng
sure, where?? or R U cookin???

Maybe at RichD's again so we can tune his car again??

RichD you cookin?? jsharp.gif
Root_Werks
I won't have a 914, but might be up for another teener Tuesday. I am still waiting on my headers. But I have my engine back in etc. smile.gif

Hey, speaking of which, anyone interested in having a get together at my place tomorrow after work? I have the WIERDEST Porsche I have ever owned. Picked it up yesterday for cheap. It's a Cab built in 1976, has fender flares and is a kit car. I have no friggen idea what I am going to do with it, but I had to get it just for the wierd factor.

Wanna know what it is? Have a get together at Root's tomorrow then. I'll fire up the grill. chowtime.gif
messix
well roots haus it is.
sportlicherFahrer
Not too sure how to get there guys. Directions? Address to google?
914werke
your on chowtime.gif
Bleyseng
crap! can't make as I have another social event to go to... sad.gif
Root_Werks
Dirrections are easy, only two turns from I-5:

Exit 202 (116th St) Exit - Head East (take a right)

Go through stop light, you'll see a Shell gas on the left

Stay on this road as it goes over speed bumps and around corners

At stop sign - take a right

Count three speed bumps and take a left onto 48th

House is 12229

12229 48th DR NE
Marysville WA 98271

Hopefully see some teeners this afternoon/evening chowtime.gif

I'll grab some meat to toss on the BBQ. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I should be around after starting now. I am thinking folks might start showing up around 5-6-7PM? biggrin.gif
messix
seeya 'bout 7ish
Root_Werks
Just got back from the grocery store. biggrin.gif Doesn't sound like many will show (2-3?) but that's cool. It's so nice out, I feel like just hangin, talkin 914's and eating food. chowtime.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Headin up there now. Not sure when I will be there.
boxstr
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 1 2006, 05:26 PM) *

Headin up there now. Not sure when I will be there.

sixnotfour
I have the WIERDEST Porsche I have ever owned. Picked it up yesterday for $100.

Its Unique for sure, runs good. I snagged this off it.
Think Johny Cash song title" One piece at a time" Its a 49,50,51,52,53 automobile
good food and laughs. thanks dan and michelle
Root_Werks
That was a cool find Jeff, so the super secret mistry car wasn't anything too special, just wierd and wierder as we looked at it more.
Root_Werks
It's a 1977 Martini 924. But, it has a steel cab conversion on it. The rear deck is steel, wierd! Same with the fender flares and opening around the rear trunk. Car has a LOT of bondo in it though. Not sure if that was part of the build or fixes over the years?
Root_Werks
Michelle checking the title again, what was this? smile.gif

The whole story behind how Michelle and I got it was the owner was driving it along and it "stopped going". He got mad, kicked the drivers door shut breaking the glass and slamming the front hood open (to see what was wrong?) cracking the windshield and bending the front hood up. Later on we found out it's nothing more than a stripped rear drum. Car runs pretty dam good.
Root_Werks
Jeff checking the 924 as we begin getting it off the trailer.

BTW - that trailer will someday be a real car trailer. I got that for free. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
All 110 horses baby!
DNHunt
I wish I could have come. I finished with my last patient at 6 and that was just too late for that long a drive. Instead I went home ate dinner, fell asleep on the couch by 8 and in bed by 9. I'm ready to party this morning.

Dave
Root_Werks
And as soon as everyone got a good look through the car and a bunch of "Wierd car dude." That pretty much ended the intrest in it. Back to the 914's with us. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Sorry you couldn't make it Dave, I think about 8 or so folks showed up. More than I figured, it was good times! Some really nice 914's too.
Root_Werks
Driveway with 914's
Root_Werks
Troy's 914, love the black/white look on his car.
Root_Werks
Chris's 914, gotta love flares. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Last pic I took, my little monster. Almost done with it. Just waiting for the headers to arrive and it's done, again. driving.gif
Bleyseng
Who's white 914 in front of Chris's?

Looks like you guys had fun....just had something else to go to.
Root_Werks
Jeff's (sixnotfour) 914-6. Good times, lots of hanging out BS'n about 914's and the wierd thing in my back yard. screwy.gif
effutuo101
Lots of fun. Many thanks to Dan and his wife for opening thier house for us to invade.
Chris
messix
yeah we talked about your other rides too.

tell us about them. the land rover [he's into wine and cheese now] i'm gonna buy him one of those tweed hats that all the old guys in the wine and cheese club have.
sportlicherFahrer
Had lots of fun driving and BS'ing with all you guys. Pretty cool little cabriolet too Dan. And people thought 914's were bastard children!

Changed my signature for you Troy. Sportin the chosen name now!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 2 2006, 05:07 PM) *

yeah we talked about your other rides too.

tell us about them. the land rover [he's into wine and cheese now] i'm gonna buy him one of those tweed hats that all the old guys in the wine and cheese club have.

Kiss my what? bootyshake.gif av-943.gif
Rand
Troy, get in the rover. laugh.gif

Another great teener tuesday. It was fun hanging out with the northenders.

Dan, do the cheap fix on that thing and get a major return on your investment! If that thing is driving, somebody might pay some decent bucks for it!
Root_Werks
No, no, no Rand, it's "Troy, go sit in the Rover" biggrin.gif

We drove it around last night. Yup, just a stripped rear drum. Runs out really nice. driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
So I am digging up this thread again. What do you guys want to do this week?

Also, Sometime towards the end of this month I would love to go on a cruise over to Leavenworth for some good ol' German brew. Preferably on a saturday or sunday. Figure if we plan that trip a little early, more of you guys would be able to go. beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Depends on the weekend. I would love a "spirited" drive to Leavenworth. My wife calls it the facade place, but I might be able to rope her in if I promise to stop by the wine shops and the cheese monger. Next weekend is booked. Son is coming back from Alaska, Uncle is coming up for a wedding...and on and on. OH, and taste of Edmonds this weekend, going away party for a friend of my wifes.....no wonder I am stressed....Time to go driving.gif out the frustrations.
messix
i'm up for any saturday.

should we do carnation again? or any other new places?
Rand
Carnation was great. The first time Kevin mentioned it I wasn't so sure how good it sounded, but it turned out to be a great drive and a cool pub. I'd be up for that again.

Speaking of Kevin, I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a while. You still here???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.