Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
jcambo7
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 30 2011, 12:58 AM) *

Yep, Jeff, master of all things 914! Jeff and Dan should have it sorted out pretty quick once we have the correct points. then a little tuning and drive it home. That is after you give her a bath James.

Awesome. I can't wait. I know I need to wash her off. dry.gif Thanks for all the help guys. Wish I could have been there. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Even with the super cool duct taped dist-cap, we still noted a pretty strong spark. It'll light off when some decent fuel gets put back in the tank. That was about the most oder-less fuel I think I've ever smelled. It was one step away from being water.

blink.gif

Good thing I noticed was the tank still seemed perfectly clean, no rust. I'm glad this 914 made it back to local ground, I forgot how cool it is.

driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 30 2011, 10:04 AM) *

Even with the super cool duct taped dist-cap, we still noted a pretty strong spark. It'll light off when some decent fuel gets put back in the tank. That was about the most oder-less fuel I think I've ever smelled. It was one step away from being water.

blink.gif

Good thing I noticed was the tank still seemed perfectly clean, no rust. I'm glad this 914 made it back to local ground, I forgot how cool it is.

driving.gif

Yeah that fuel is freaking old. I need to drain it out. Sounds like you guys got a lot of work done. biggrin.gif
70 914
shit , i miss out on all the fun ! sorry i couldn't/more like didn't make it ! got a shipment of 4 bikes n yesterday so had a long one ! when/where is the nxt one ?
Root_Werks
These are usually not planned very far in advance. Best to just keep on eye on this thread. When someone wants to get together with the gang, people will start posting about it.

wink.gif
Eddie914
I wish I could have been there to help. I know a lot about bad gas.

After the transmission in my teener lost 1st and reverse gears at the track on Friday, a few of the idle jets clogged up. It was tough getting the poor car up on the trailer with no first gear and only running on 3 or four cylinders.

I keep forgetting to top off the gas tank before winter. condensation seems to be a lot greater with the new gas formulations.

It's tough for me to find time to join the gang this time of year.

See you all in about three weeks.

Cheers,

Eddie

Bruce Hinds
My Beast has not been running in a while, I've been thinking something's broke, when I get on it... it kicks and sputters and backfires.... I was thinking stuck or bent valve. I even responded about bad gas to a guy on the forum here to check his gas in one of the other threads.....
Can't believe I haven't checked my own gas!
Yes... the ethanol sucks, and as much as many of our cars sit.... we should seek out a station that sells pure gas. Here is the list for WA.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA
I called the one in Gig Harbor and the price is about $.10 more than the other stations.
I'm going to the garage.............
Root_Werks
Jon's garage is loooooooooong, as you stepped inside, the 914s just kept showing up.

Root_Werks
Keep walking.....
Root_Werks
Finally the end of the line! biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
why do those all look so familiar ?
sixnotfour
michelle, no dan no more...
PeeGreen 914
happy11.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2011, 06:18 PM) *

why do those all look so familiar ?

LOL! I wonder...
914werke
What a mess ! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2011, 06:22 PM) *

laugh.gif

Yeah, she noted I was eye-balling the orange six. One 914 is enough for us.

The big question is, did you find a dizzy that wasn't held together with duct tape?

lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
I have time tonight so I can make sure to drain the tank is drained and refilled with good gas. beer3.gif
sixnotfour
i will drop off the distribuotr
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif I'll be there.

Then you can see my replica seats as well smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 31 2011, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2011, 06:22 PM) *

laugh.gif

Yeah, she noted I was eye-balling the orange six. One 914 is enough for us.

The big question is, did you find a dizzy that wasn't held together with duct tape?

lol-2.gif

Don't be eyeing my teener! She isn't going to be for sale! ar15.gif
Jon-I will repay you for the beer and gas. drunk.gif
Jeff-How much for the distributor?
PeeGreen 914
It breaths piratenanner.gif muahahahahahahaha happy11.gif

Jeff just sprinkled a little magic powder on it and walla....it runs.
championgt1
Nice!!! aktion035.gif
messix
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 31 2011, 08:56 PM) *

It breaths piratenanner.gif muahahahahahahaha happy11.gif

Jeff just sprinkled a little magic powder on it and walla....it runs.

? more duct tape? happy11.gif
sixnotfour
We just thought it to run , willed it to live , Warlok power you troll, viper blood,
winning.
messix
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 31 2011, 09:23 PM) *

We just thought it to run , willed it to live , Warlok power you troll, viper blood,
winning.

strippers
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 31 2011, 09:23 PM) *

winning.

Jeff Sheened it happy11.gif
sixnotfour
Here is the studs
http://www.race-studs.com/servlet/the-20/M...-Nose%27/Detail
Root_Werks
So was that it? Little fresh fuel and a dist minus duct tape?

Very glad to read it fired off.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 1 2011, 02:21 AM) *

What is the correct size for the 914? They have M12 and M14. confused24.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 1 2011, 09:04 AM) *

What is the correct size for the 914? They have M12 and M14. confused24.gif

M14 x 1.5 for 914-4 or 911 or 914-6 or 986, I've used 986 lug bolts on 914-4's before.
Silver72
Anyone going out to the VW Springmeet in Snoqualmie today?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Silver72 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:08 AM) *

Hmm, we were just checking that out. I think we'll hop in the old Monster and head down.

driving.gif
Silver72
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 3 2011, 09:59 AM) *

Hmm, we were just checking that out. I think we'll hop in the old Monster and head down.

driving.gif

VW heaven down here. No 914 sightings yet. I will keep an eye out for you. Sitting in the parking lot...opens up at 1000.
matteyp
Sorry I couldn't make it the other night jon, glad to hear the car fired up though! I think I need some warlock blood to get mine fired also...
effutuo101

What size do you need Jeff? At that price I don't see myself going through the mud and grease to salvage them.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Silver72 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:05 AM) *

driving.gif

VW heaven down here. No 914 sightings yet. I will keep an eye out for you. Sitting in the parking lot...opens up at 1000.

Not to hijack this thread since there isn't any 914 content:

Michelle and I did go, very cool to have it at the old WH mill. We wondered around, picked up a couple of little things from the swap meet, looked at some cool air cooled cars and left. Did the lunch thing at the hotel overlooking the falls, very cool.

On the way back heading down hwy 18, the clutch cable snapped in the Squareback.

Doh! blink.gif

I made it all the way back home with no clutch. Just matched speed to rpm's and only felt the syncros once going from 4th the 3rd. So we made it from hwy 18 to I-90 to I-5 all the way back up to our driveway. I had to get creative that I pulled into a gas station and slowly circled the parking lot in 1st gear until I could the light getting ready to change green, then zipped out.

Fun day!

driving.gif

Sorry, hijack over (I did get a cool steering wheel for the 914)
Silver72
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 4 2011, 08:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Silver72 @ Apr 3 2011, 10:05 AM) *

driving.gif

Not to hijack this thread since there isn't any 914 content:

Michelle and I did go, very cool to have it at the old WH mill. We wondered around, picked up a couple of little things from the swap meet, looked at some cool air cooled cars and left. Did the lunch thing at the hotel overlooking the falls, very cool.

On the way back heading down hwy 18, the clutch cable snapped in the Squareback.

Doh! blink.gif

I made it all the way back home with no clutch. Just matched speed to rpm's and only felt the syncros once going from 4th the 3rd. So we made it from hwy 18 to I-90 to I-5 all the way back up to our driveway. I had to get creative that I pulled into a gas station and slowly circled the parking lot in 1st gear until I could the light getting ready to change green, then zipped out.

Fun day!

driving.gif

Sorry, hijack over (I did get a cool steering wheel for the 914)

Damn...sorry to hear that. Never knew that property and mill were back there.
PeeGreen 914

Okay, I ordered some piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
Jon, got your lid from Anklebiter, So glad we made the push through snow, ice, wind to get there. Dane is going a kickass job.
sixnotfour
biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Isn't that car amazing. When I was out there a few months ago and got to see it I was impressed at the little things you can't see in the pics.

Thanks Jeff beerchug.gif
jcambo7
I got my car back and just wanted to say thank you to Jon, Jeff, and who ever else was there to help with working on my car. piratenanner.gif I appreciate it greatly. beerchug.gif My next steps are to get the timing to where it needs to be and to replace the speedo cable since it snapped. headbang.gif
jcambo7
When is the next time everyone is able to get together again! idea.gif Wanting to meet everyone in the PNW soon. bye1.gif biggrin.gif
Comanchepilot
Any thing going on this evening? I'm headed up to the hanger after work, to either fly the plane or the teener for the evening. We have to take advantage of the nice weather. cheer.gif
InkyP
Hey I'm up for a spin in the sky if you want some company.
PeeGreen 914
Since I am in Boston I guess I can't do anything tonight. Going flying would be wicked awesome beerchug.gif
Comanchepilot
Well, this didn't work out...
A track hoe sprung a leak and I had to go out on a service call just as I was leaving. I just got back to the shop. So we will have to hook up next time. With our wonderful weather around here that will probably be in July sometime!! This stromberg.gif is starting to wear on me. Oh and Jon, have one of them fancy Boston Ales for me.
sixnotfour
This is starting to wear on me

Agreed work and weather is rubbing me wrong,
beerchug.gif Soon I hope !!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Comanchepilot @ Apr 12 2011, 07:55 PM) *

. Oh and Jon, have one of them fancy Boston Ales for me.

I may be enjoying too many beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif laugh.gif wacko.gif
Root_Werks
Tomorrow the 19th (Tuesday):

Anyone up for checking out the new Scuttlebutt location on the Everett Water Front?

Weather would have me not driving the 914, but it would be great to grab a burger with the locals.

We ate there over the weekend, very cool and casual place, great view!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.