Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
sportlicherFahrer
Any parks that any one knows of that have BBQ's? Thought maybe that would be something nice to try. I know 5 mile drive out here has a couple spots like that. Just an idea.
Rand
That's a cool idea Jim. We've been doing the park bbq thing quite a bit this summer. Got it down to a science...

Split up some kindling and wrap it in paper. Makes a tidy bundle that you can toss in, soak down with charcoal lighter, and torch off easily. Wrap the brats and shaved onions in tin foil and toss 'em on top. Oh yeah. drunk.gif
sixnotfour
If its in Tacoma do we need firearms?
where's Kevin? maybe he's at the parade.
messix
or we could do mercedes rock again [ aka mercer island for those not from the eatside.]
KELTY360
Can't make it this week - got company coming in that day.
Root_Werks
Michelle and I should be in. driving.gif
kevine
Hey Rand,

Yes, I am still around here. It has been a busy summer, so I have not made it to the last couple of teener Tuesdays. I will try to make it to the next one, and I am always up for the Carnation run.

And if enough people are interested, I can host a Teener Tuesday at my house which is just 10 minutes from downtown Carnation up on Lake Joy. There is a lake for a view, deck to sit on, a BBQ, and some nice roads for the 914.

kevine
rjames
I'm trying to get the house painted this weekend, but think the wife and I might be up for a run to carnation as a nice brake from scraping paint! What day/time?
Root_Werks
Hey Rand, sorry I didn't call you back. I have your bumpers. biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(kevine @ Aug 14 2006, 08:41 AM) *

Hey Rand,

Yes, I am still around here. It has been a busy summer, so I have not made it to the last couple of teener Tuesdays. I will try to make it to the next one, and I am always up for the Carnation run.

And if enough people are interested, I can host a Teener Tuesday at my house which is just 10 minutes from downtown Carnation up on Lake Joy. There is a lake for a view, deck to sit on, a BBQ, and some nice roads for the 914.

kevine

hey kevin would you like to have us up this tuesday?

the lake joy road is a realy nice road, you're niebors might hate you after tuesday.
kevine
Troy,

This Tuesday (15-August-2006) would work for me. If enough people are up for the drive, I will post the address. My neighbors could use a little excitement...

kevine
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds good to me! just need an addy for the directions. driving.gif
Root_Werks
I'm in. driving.gif
pete-stevers
i jsut mentioned it to sher.....we may come down too....
dan are you driving your machine?
can you pm me an addy to meeet at as well as a time???
messix
i'll be there, just pm addrss. i can host the drive from the north end on back roads from my house. it wont take long but its a fun drive. i'll be at my house by 6:20 pm. just let me know who want's to run with the big dogs!
rjames
i'll be there, just pm addrss. i can host the drive from the north end on back roads from my house. it wont take long but its a fun drive. i'll be at my house by 6:20 pm. just let me know who want's to run with the big dogs!

Sounds like we have a plan of attack! beer.gif

Troy, if you could PM me your address I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

-Robert
messix
QUOTE(rjames @ Aug 14 2006, 01:25 PM) *

Sounds like we have a plan of attack! beer.gif

Troy, if you could PM me your address I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

-Robert

pm sent!
kevine
I'll PM my home address to the following people shortly:

Pete_Stevers
Root_Werks
Sportlicherfahrer
Messix
Rand
RJames

So if you are not on this list, PM me or post if your would like the address. If Troy starts out at 6:20 PM from his house, he should make it to my house around 7:00 PM.

kevine
Root_Werks
Thanks Kevine, got the PM.

Steve, if you and Sher come down, feel free to swing by my place first. I have to pick up Michelle at the house anyway. We can just leave from there. driving.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Aug 14 2006, 12:40 PM) *

dan are you driving your machine?

Yup, all 2.5 liters or fury! biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Hey, I don't want to miss out on this. PM address and maybe if I am north, I can follow Troy or Dan down.
kevine
PM sent Chris.

kevine
mstein95
Just got back tonight from a week long trip to Alaska - don't think the spouse will let me out tomorrow.
spank.gif
Have fun - catch you guys next time around.

Eddie914
How about Electric City for Teener tuesday?

Sorry ... We're on a family vacation this week to Steamboat Rock State Park (Banks Lake).

Too many funerals and weddings this summer.

One of these Tuesdays.

Maybe next Tuesday.

Eddie
messix
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Aug 14 2006, 10:18 PM) *

How about Electric City for Teener tuesday?

Sorry ... We're on a family vacation this week to Steamboat Rock State Park (Banks Lake).

Too many funerals and weddings this summer.

One of these Tuesdays.

Maybe next Tuesday.

Eddie

awesome camp ground! i loved it there for a camp in the front lawn type camping.
sportlicherFahrer
I will make it, but my car won't. sad.gif

Anyone have a spare sideshift trans??? mad.gif
kevine
I grabbed burgers, chips, beer, and soda last night -- just in case any of you are hungry or thirsty tonight. jsharp.gif

The house is down a gravel driveway, green metal roof, vertical cedar siding, on the lake side of the road.

kevine
Root_Werks
chowtime.gif
messix
so who is gonna run down with me?
rjames
so who is gonna run down with me?

I'll be there by 6-6:15
Rand
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it. sad.gif
Dang, it will be a fun drive. And I would love to see Kevin's place.
effutuo101
Give up the digits to the pad, and I will show up. Call me if I don't respond. I might be out doing something fun.
914werke
Looks like Im gonna miss, Ive got a conf. call STARTING at 5pm
with my Bejing operation (our tues. End is thier Wed morn.)
Have a beer.gif on me.

R.
effutuo101
Hey Troy,
Give me a ring with directions to your place. I will meet you over there.
Chris
messix
chris i have a bad number for you. call me 425 418 8816
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 15 2006, 03:33 PM) *

Looks like Im gonna miss, Ive gat a conf. call STARTING at 5pm
with my Bejing operation (our tues. End is thier Wed morn.)
Have a beer.gif on me.

R.

Hey Rich,

Let's go to China! Got a good friend who can be our guide too.
914werke
I just may be going soon sad.gif confused24.gif
Quite honestly Im not that jazzed about it.
Our office is growing and Ive overseeing a move into new diggs.
Who's your bud?
messix
just got back. damn kevin has a nice shack.
Rand
Mucho thanks to KevinE for hosting in his amazing lakefront home, and grilling up some killer bacon cheeseburgers with all the trimmings (mmm.... grilled onions rule).

Great to meet Pete Stevers too... and thanks for bringing some premium sausage for the grill!

I keep kicking myself for not having a better camera with me. Unfortunately all I had was the lame cell cam. At any rate, you may still be able to pick out Kevin, Troy, Chris, Robert, Dan & Michelle, Pete, and me....
Rand
Rand
The view from the back porch of Kevin's self-designed/built home.
messix
so everone followed dan?

did ya get lost ?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 15 2006, 11:23 PM) *

so everone followed dan?

did ya get lost ?

slap.gif

happy11.gif

I made a couple of calls, rjames caught on and broke off from the group before we hit Monroe, Chris followed and kept on Hwy2 while Steve and I spun off onto Hwy9 to continue North. driving.gif

Kevin, what a truly amazing house! Thanks so much for letting a bunch of folks hang out! chowtime.gif Your place reminded Michelle and I how much we miss our old place on Port Susan. Dang, I love the water.

Great times, I think I am finding the NW teener group is a very unique group of devoted teeners. I love it!

Steve, I want a re-match my friend. driving.gif happy11.gif Steve and I got a little stop light action going a couple of times. Man, that is the first time I have ever been side by side with another 914-6. Talk about music! The song of two sixes screaming down the road! burnout.gif
Bleyseng
Great fun...

Did you race for pink slips, Dan?
rjames
so everone followed dan?

did ya get lost ?

rjames caught on and broke off from the group before we hit Monroe

Yeah, I was focused on Pete in front of me and didn't see Troy peel off from the pack until it was too late. Not a whole lot of places to turn off of the highway after that intersection. It was a beautiful night for a drive though... so I didn't mind putting a few extra miles on the car!

Kevine, your place is stunning (I'm diggin' the color of your 914 too), and thanks for the great food and for hosting it all. beerchug.gif

Troy- the ride out to Kevin's place was a blast. rocking nana.gif I know I haven't pushed my car near to it's cornering limit yet, but I'm having fun getting an idea of what it's capable of. I really need to get that swaybar I have just sitting in the garage on the car before the weather changes...
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 16 2006, 08:18 AM) *

Did you race for pink slips, Dan?

happy11.gif No way, I think I pulled on Steve's car a little the first run, but the second run he got me out of the hole for sure, but I think I was starting to real him back in? It's really close. My clutch is also slipping, getting worse with the extra power.

2.5 stroker vs Steve's 3.0

It was more than cool to see pure 3.0 torque up against 2.5 upper end hp. I think the two cars are very close stop light to stop light. Like I care, it was just a blast to play with another 914-6! driving.gif

Oh yeah, we hit a truck stop on the way to Kevin's.

My flared 2.5 1976 194-6 - 2260lbs
Steve's 3.0 1975 914-6 - 2340lbs

Both have early bumpers. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
rjames
I swear one day mine's gonna grow up and be a six... smile.gif
messix
have i said how much i like highbridge road?

i was crossing the valley at the duvall- woodinville roadand had to look up at the stars, wow! what a night!

thanks kevin for hosting. anytime you feel like doing again i'm sure you'll have a house full!

knock it off dan! you know i can't do a conversion yet, and your not helping with stories like that!

oh, and we should do a saturday run starting at kevin house and ran the back roads around his house, then back for bbq.
pete-stevers
dan dan dan....i wasn't using full throttle.....
it was sweet sweet music
two sixes screaming down the road.....
but that 2.5 really rocks.....and it was tight
gusese i am going to have to go on a diet
sportlicherFahrer
Really sorry I missed you guys last night!

How much wheel HP do those /6's have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.