Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Tom
Jon,
I think those would look great with the ribs sanded and polished. Will it be easy to go back if you sand/polish? Are you going to be able to pull the fenders out enough? Be careful as the door gaps and bumper gaps can be affected. Did you ever look closely at Eric Fry's silver car? He pulled his fenders a lot and it changed the bumper and door gaps. I remember Dave at Triad pointing it out to me when I asked him about pulling the rear fenders. I can only get 195's under mine without pulling the fenders with the Enkei's I have. And the 195's are close!
Tom
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Tom @ Dec 21 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Jon,
I think those would look great with the ribs sanded and polished. Will it be easy to go back if you sand/polish? Are you going to be able to pull the fenders out enough? Be careful as the door gaps and bumper gaps can be affected. Did you ever look closely at Eric Fry's silver car? He pulled his fenders a lot and it changed the bumper and door gaps. I remember Dave at Triad pointing it out to me when I asked him about pulling the rear fenders. I can only get 195's under mine without pulling the fenders with the Enkei's I have. And the 195's are close!
Tom

Yeah, this car has much more room back there than Eric's car did. I don't think it is going to change anything too much. We shall see biggrin.gif
a914622
Crap i missed another one. Stupid computer virus! took 2 days to get it out.

Going to have to make the next one. The Buzzin was about 3 minute from my house!!

jcl
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(a914622 @ Dec 21 2011, 12:33 PM) *

Crap i missed another one. Stupid computer virus! took 2 days to get it out.

Going to have to make the next one. The Buzzin was about 3 minute from my house!!

jcl

Cool, that means you live about 3 minutes from my house beerchug.gif
Rand
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 21 2011, 10:15 AM) *

I am considering sanding the spokes to show the bare color but still undecided. Thoughts?

I'm going to black the centers on my Mahles and was planning leaving the spokes natural. I like that look with the spokes standing out. I think Kelty's are that way.

You know what would be cool....if the spokes could be polished shiny like the rims. That would be totally unique. But that part of the wheel wouldn't polish like the aluminum on your rims, so I'm not sure how you would pull it off. (Maybe get them smooth enough with sanding and primer to use chrome paint.)

Unique and cool wheels, kudos.
KELTY360
I think it would look badass to paint the ribs to approximate the body color of the car. Might even consider painting the studs (or just the ends) that same color. What color are your bumpers?
Rand
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 21 2011, 01:58 PM) *

I think it would look badass to paint the ribs to approximate the body color of the car. Might even consider painting the studs (or just the ends) that same color. What color are your bumpers?

I usually like the spokes to match the rim, but I'm liking your idea too Marc. Part of the wheel matching body color is cool.
PeeGreen 914

Black
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:32 PM) *

Black

The combination would probably work well then.
aircooledtechguy
Missed another one. . .

One of these times I'll see the thread in time to make plans. . .
914werke
screwy.gif
messix
merry christmas and happy holidays beerchug.gif
audio_file
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 24 2011, 10:29 AM) *

merry christmas and happy holidays beerchug.gif

agree.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(6freak @ Dec 20 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Need to have one down south some day ...80 minute drive is to far for me on a week nite..just to hang for an hour and drive back home....why is it always that shitty liitle joint 2blocks from Jons

P.s WHY TO GO JEFF

You know I was thinking...We could always have one down here with the all the southern folk. And Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
NORD
wreath.gif

wreath.gif

santa_smiley.gif

Happy Holidays to all the PNW Teeners and thier Family
Eddie914
Happy Holidays to all!
InkyP
Just got back to Seattle from Dallas, did not see one Teener on the road the whole time I was there. It's great there are so many of us up here.

Merry Christmas Teeners of the Northwest!
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 21 2011, 10:15 AM) *

Thanks Mike smile.gif Here is another picture for you drooley.gif

I am considering sanding the spokes to show the bare color but still undecided. Thoughts? confused24.gif

do that I think it would look good you can always put the paint back smile.gif

Lets do that Jmaes ...I know a good hotrod spot we can invade on friday nites
Sailor
I'd be up for a southern get togther!
sixnotfour
Lets do that Jmaes ...I know a good hotrod spot we can invade on friday nites

Do we need Guns and Knives ?

OOPs I thought it said "Hood"
6freak
ar15.gif SO HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND lol-2.gif ...
sixnotfour
JK the worst crime area is over by Richs house , well north 1 mile
PeeGreen 914
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Anyone up for doing anything this week? I have the whole week off and plan on doing so wrenching on the 914 smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Anyone up for hanging out in my garage tonight? I was thinking of pulling out the front suspension tonight.
audio_file
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 27 2011, 11:36 AM) *

Anyone up for hanging out in my garage tonight? I was thinking of pulling out the front suspension tonight.

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now, or I'd probably have been there...
What about the rest of the week? Aside from little errands, I'm pretty free...
Chris
Root_Werks
Holidays....too busy right now. I wanna catch up with the locals.

beerchug.gif
914werke
Hey I need some help.
Ive got to lift an assembled motor down off my build table.
Ill supply a beer or two & a semi warm but dry garage to shoot the sh*t?
PeeGreen 914
Just let me know when you get one more as I am available to help most any time beerchug.gif Plus, then I can press the bushings off the A-arms.
audio_file
I'm game Rich, when?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 28 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Hey I need some help.
Ive got to lift an assembled motor down off my build table.
Ill supply a beer or two & a semi warm but dry garage to shoot the sh*t?

I have Friday off, might give you a ring and swing by. beer.gif
PeeGreen 914
I can head over tonight. Tomorrow and Friday I am going to be busy. Chris, you free tonight? Rich?
audio_file
Sure man, what time...
PeeGreen 914
I need to be home by 8ish so 6 or 7 works for me.

Does that work Rich?
PeeGreen 914
Looks like 6:30.
audio_file
Works for me, have we heard back from Rich?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(audio_file @ Dec 28 2011, 05:02 PM) *

Works for me, have we heard back from Rich?

Yes, I have. Have you ever been to his place? If you want to follow me over we can meet at the Eastmont Park and ride or somewhere in between.

206-954-3006
audio_file
Yup, been there, see y'all at 630
Chris
Mr.242
HI PNW guys....

I'm looking for a decent front valance. Mine is so-so, but since car is getting painted I would love to find one that is in decent shape.

Anyone got one to sell?

Thanks,
Mark

We need a south King County or North Pierce County meet for us southenders...my car should be back end of January. would love to have a get together for a viewing and some BS session. Yes/No?
InkyP
Was fun last night at Rich's with Chris and Jon.

On another note, I need a new windshield. Mine is plain worn out and it's now leaking.

Looking for a cost effective way to replace it. Any suggestions?

Paul
jcambo7
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Dec 29 2011, 01:37 AM) *

HI PNW guys....

I'm looking for a decent front valance. Mine is so-so, but since car is getting painted I would love to find one that is in decent shape.

Anyone got one to sell?

Thanks,
Mark

We need a south King County or North Pierce County meet for us southenders...my car should be back end of January. would love to have a get together for a viewing and some BS session. Yes/No?

That would be awesome! beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(InkyP @ Dec 29 2011, 08:57 AM) *

On another note, I need a new windshield. Mine is plain worn out and it's now leaking.

Paul

MS glass is the best place I have found for our windows.
NORD
[quote name='Mr.242' date='Dec 28 2011, 10:37 PM' post='1596493']
HI PNW guys....

Anyone got one to sell?

I could look in the rafters of the garage, I know one is up there for a 74 but
its nice but not perfect. Will look this weekend driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(InkyP @ Dec 29 2011, 08:57 AM) *

Paul

I replaced mine just before WCR'11 and my supplier had them for about $250 if memory serves me. Another $30-40 for a couple tubes of the black goo and I was done. I installed mine myself (but truthfully, I think I got REAL lucky that it fell into the exact right spot on the first stab shades.gif ) It should be a two-man job to take luck out. laugh.gif Seriously though, it's NOT as hard as folks will lead you to believe. It could be done on a teener-tuesday, though you better host as it would not be good to drive it until the sealant completely cures.

If you need new trim clips, get those first and have them on hand. I think it takes around 19-20 @ around $2.50 each from Pelican. A door panel tool and patients will ensure that the chrome is not damaged. That is truly the tricky part.
effutuo101
Ok, got the front hood hinges on, the rear hinges fitted and the j-west kit in and made molds for my front running/turn signals. Maybe throw some resin at them tomorrow.
Good day.
InkyP
Got a new windshield at MS Glass off Greenwood ave. $300 installed. The old windshield literally feel out after he took out the trim. It's nice to see clearly out the front now.

Thanks for the help guys!!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(InkyP @ Jan 2 2012, 07:00 PM) *

Got a new windshield at MS Glass off Greenwood ave. $300 installed. The old windshield literally feel out after he took out the trim. It's nice to see clearly out the front now.

Thanks for the help guys!!

beerchug.gif That's where I got mine a few years ago.
effutuo101
Another week has gone by.... this year is off to a flying start.
NORD

Are you suggesting a Teener Tuesday Snow Shoe Party? lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
It is going by way too fast. I need to get some stuff in paint here quick if I want to drive my car this year. I just got permission to use one of my friends shops to shoot piratenanner.gif
effutuo101
playing around with glass...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.