Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
a914622
Lets do the 30th. 6 6:30? should be enough time to get out of plans.

Ya iv see the post on C/L for at least a year. I even told him to bring them to the Walker swap to show and sell. He was unable to get out of the shop.

jcl
rhodyguy
where is this going to happen? that outfit in the u-district that sells parts on cl is way over the top. nice fuch wheels that don't require a full blown refin fetch a bit of a premium.

k

Daiberl
Big E Ale House in Lynnwood (http://bigeales.com/)?
Daiberl
Are we still on for Wednesday, 1/30???? Who plans to come?
aircooledtechguy
Big Es Wednesday sounds good to me. Count me in. beer3.gif
NORD

Have Chuckanut Sportscar Club meeting Wend. Setting up our 2013 AX season.

Maybe a teener Tuesday weekend autocross this summer. driving.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 28 2013, 07:50 PM) *

Maybe a teener Tuesday weekend autocross this summer. driving.gif

I would be in for a nice autocross with a few Teeners driving.gif
914werke
Nord blow off the Bellingham crew, you know we are way more entertaining.
Besides I can bring that Impeller Fan I owe you.
PlaysWithCars
Anyone know if there is a pair of 15x8 5-lug Fuchs in the area for sale? I have 7s and 8s on my -6 now and want to go all 8s before I get new tires for autocross season.

FWIW - jcl I have a set of (4) 2.0 Fuchs that I would like to sell. They are not perfect, but they're not $800 either. If I could fund the 15x8s with them I'd be happy.
a914622
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jan 28 2013, 09:00 PM) *

Anyone know if there is a pair of 15x8 5-lug Fuchs in the area for sale? I have 7s and 8s on my -6 now and want to go all 8s before I get new tires for autocross season.

FWIW - jcl I have a set of (4) 2.0 Fuchs that I would like to sell. They are not perfect, but they're not $800 either. If I could fund the 15x8s with them I'd be happy.

Just got back from Spokane, The passes are Ugggglly! Hey im in, see ya Wed.

Re Play with cars: I have a set of 5 2.0 fuchs that have been in the parts room for 20 plus years, Not looking to acquire. I also have a set of 15x8-7, 2 sets of 16x6-7(polished and chrome) and a set of 4 16x7 in white. on top of 16x6 924s with the good offset plus a 944 16x8 and only one car with that lug pattern. chair.gif I got to unload lol-2.gif

jcl
aircooledtechguy
Does anyone have a spare front-end cross-member that they want to get rid of?? You know the tubular piece that mounts to the body that the lower A-arm assemblies and the steering rack mount to. . . If you do, bring it with you tomorrow and let me know what you want for it. Thanks!

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
NORD
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 28 2013, 08:33 PM) *

Nord blow off the Bellingham crew, you know we are way more entertaining.
Besides you I can bring that Impeller Fan I owe you.

Rich Bring that fan, I'm joining you all Wend. at the Big E Ales. Hope they have dinner chowtime.gif
NORD

I'm looking for a tow hook. Any body have an extra they could bring Wend?

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 29 2013, 02:33 PM) *

Does anyone have a spare front-end cross-member that they want to get rid of?? You know the tubular piece that mounts to the body that the lower A-arm assemblies and the steering rack mount to. . . If you do, bring it with you tomorrow and let me know what you want for it. Thanks!

I'll give you the whole sheebang, just take it from the side of my house.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(a914622 @ Jan 28 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Re Play with cars: I have a set of 5 2.0 fuchs that have been in the parts room for 20 plus years, Not looking to acquire. I also have a set of 15x8-7, 2 sets of 16x6-7(polished and chrome) and a set of 4 16x7 in white. on top of 16x6 924s with the good offset plus a 944 16x8 and only one car with that lug pattern. chair.gif I got to unload lol-2.gif

jcl

If you want some help getting rid of the 15x8s drop me a PM, I'm interested. For the right price I may be talked into taking the 15x7s as well. ... did you guys hear that too? It was my wife groaning. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 29 2013, 06:12 PM) *

Do you have my stub shafts ????
Eddie914
I plan to be there at 6:30 ... traffic allowing.
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 29 2013, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 29 2013, 06:12 PM) *

Do you have my stub shafts ????

Unless I accidentally threw them out cleaning the garage they are still here, I need to look around.
sixnotfour
Just flippin shit, I need em like I need another hole in my head smile.gif
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2013, 11:41 AM) *

Just flippin shit, I need em like I need another hole in my head smile.gif

Found them right where you left them ...

Come by sometime,got a cold bud (and a plan) in my reefer. grouphug.gif
sixnotfour
will do
Greggers914
anyone have thoughts on Riviera mags and doing business with Auto Atlanta?

I was thinking about buying a set for my car.

Greg James
sixnotfour
Rich D has a couple of sets. Both offsets
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=453
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Feb 12 2013, 03:17 PM) *

. . .and doing business with Auto Atlanta?

sheeplove.gif Pretend you're the later. . .
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jan 29 2013, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(a914622 @ Jan 28 2013, 09:30 PM) *

jcl

If you want some help getting rid of the 15x8s drop me a PM, I'm interested. For the right price I may be talked into taking the 15x7s as well. ... did you guys hear that too? It was my wife groaning. biggrin.gif

Got some new tires in on Thursday and had them mounted on the new wheels (thanks Jeff) on Friday, hit the autocross on Saturday. Everything was going great right up until I pulled up the starting line and the MFI system went lean. Popped and bucked all the way to the finish line. Loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. Haven't had a chance to start troubleshooting yet. Pretty sure its not the new wheels though. dry.gif
a914622
Has to be them stupid wheels!! Stupid sticky tires!! Stupid stupid..

Sorry to hear, but ot could of been worse you could have driven it over and had to AAA it home. I hope you put together a All in teener autox day. That sounded good.

jcl
mightyohm
A little bit OT, but can anyone recommend a British auto mechanic in the area? My wife's Sunbeam Alpine seems to have burned a valve and needs head work, maybe more, and I' m not sure this is something I want to tackle on my own. I'm on the East side but the car is drivable and I could bring it into Seattle.
aircooledtechguy
O.K. PNW guys, I'm in need of a pair of 911 front hubs, struts and a pair of calipers for the vented 911 discs. I have $$$ and freshly powdercoated 914 front struts that I can trade or ??? I need this for my squareback shop car debauchery that continues. I decided to go full 5 lug w/ 944 rear suspension/brakes and stretch all four fenders so I can run staggered 17" optional Boxter "S" wheels and tires. . . happy11.gif I'm not screwin' around any more!! w00t.gif

I feel a new bottle of welding gas is needed. . . welder.gif
pjhaun
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 25 2013, 08:14 PM) *

O.K. PNW guys, I'm in need of a pair of 911 front hubs, struts and a pair of calipers for the vented 911 discs. I have $$$ and freshly powdercoated 914 front struts that I can trade or ??? I need this for my squareback shop car debauchery that continues. I decided to go full 5 lug w/ 944 rear suspension/brakes and stretch all four fenders so I can run staggered 17" optional Boxter "S" wheels and tires. . . happy11.gif I'm not screwin' around any more!! w00t.gif

Nate;
I have it all, the struts, spindles, vented cross drill rotors, and the calipers from a 1974 911. I even have the steering rack.
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.
360.672.9146 (cell phone)
KELTY360
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 25 2013, 08:14 PM) *

How much longer til the tube frame gets started? shades.gif
NORD
can't help I'm in AZ headed for Mexico! driving.gif It's been nice weather
Ductech
Damn Nord sounds like fun !
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Feb 26 2013, 06:37 AM) *

can't help I'm in AZ headed for Mexico! driving.gif It's been nice weather

beer.gif

Run nord run!
Greggers914
is there any interest in a "Teener Tuesday" get together in the near future? - I'm new to the group and would enjoy seeing some of the other cars and meeting members.

XXX in Issaquah is an easy place to meet for me. but, i'm easy. anywhere in the Seattle area is good.

Greg James
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Feb 25 2013, 10:27 PM) *

Nate;
I have it all, the struts, spindles, vented cross drill rotors, and the calipers from a 1974 911. I even have the steering rack.
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.
360.672.9146 (cell phone)

I'll be in touch. . . Thanks.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 26 2013, 06:13 AM) *

How much longer til the tube frame gets started? shades.gif

idea.gif

shades.gif
messix
QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Feb 26 2013, 08:07 AM) *

is there any interest in a "Teener Tuesday" get together in the near future? - I'm new to the group and would enjoy seeing some of the other cars and meeting members.

XXX in Issaquah is an easy place to meet for me. but, i'm easy. anywhere in the Seattle area is good.

Greg James

We haven't done anything in a while.

So looks to be about time.....
The south end guys don't like conning anywhere near Seattle so its usually the north end guys gettingtogether happy11.gif
6freak
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 26 2013, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Feb 26 2013, 08:07 AM) *

Greg James

The south end guys don't like conning anywhere near Seattle so its usually the north end guys gettingtogether happy11.gif

and the North end guys dont like come n south ... stirthepot.gif
smile.gif
Ductech
Well it sounds like the north end and south end should both plan Tuesday events?
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 26 2013, 09:38 AM) *

smile.gif

hissyfit.gif frickin' hissyfit.gif

You all are whimps!! There's never a GTG any closer that 100 miles round trip for me, but you don't here me cryin' about it, do ya???? driving.gif

Man-up gents (and gent-ettes and that means YOU Greenie) poke.gif av-943.gif
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 26 2013, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 26 2013, 09:38 AM) *

smile.gif

hissyfit.gif frickin' hissyfit.gif

You all are whimps!! There's never a GTG any closer that 100 miles round trip for me, but you don't here me cryin' about it, do ya???? driving.gif

Man-up gents (and gent-ettes and that means YOU Greenie) poke.gif av-943.gif

I like the idea of the Triple XXX .

I'm the new and improved Greenie. Any place any time. driving.gif

Just give me some time to charge the battery that Kelty has neglected.

sixnotfour
FYI, today is Tuesday
dereknlee
Hi,

An introduction: I purchased a '72 1.7 a few years ago, drove it for a summer/fall then decided to do some "minor" engine work. Car hasn't moved under its own power since. I'm now in the midst of a complete restoration, moving at a snails pace until recently. Engine was rebuilt to a 2L by NW connecting rod, and the car is currently in the shop for bodywork and new paint.

The shop disassembled the doors and says they are too far gone. I've got a few leads on parts from the usual sources, but was curious if anyone on this board had a set of relatively rust/damage free doors that they would be willing to sell?

Derek in Shoreline

Here's a photo of my car before:

IPB Image

IPB Image
audio_file
Welcome Derek! It's always nice to know the local cars!
KELTY360
QUOTE(dereknlee @ Mar 5 2013, 10:05 PM) *

Hi,

An introduction: I purchased a '72 1.7 a few years ago, drove it for a summer/fall then decided to do some "minor" engine work. Car hasn't moved under its own power since. I'm now in the midst of a complete restoration, moving at a snails pace until recently. Engine was rebuilt to a 2L by NW connecting rod, and the car is currently in the shop for bodywork and new paint.

The shop disassembled the doors and says they are too far gone. I've got a few leads on parts from the usual sources, but was curious if anyone on this board had a set of relatively rust/damage free doors that they would be willing to sell?

Derek in Shoreline

Here's a photo of my car before:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I may have what you need Derek. I'll have to check my parts car tomorrow.

BTW welcome.png Nice looking car, I thought greenie and sixnotfour had the market cornered on green cars up here. biggrin.gif
audio_file
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 5 2013, 10:22 PM) *

I thought greenie and sixnotfour had the market cornered on green cars up here. biggrin.gif

If they park for long enough 'round here, they ALL turn green lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
I have seen the car in bare metal, nice 914, I told the bodyshop I have doors but cant get to them untill next tuesday.

BTW he needs early doors.

welcome.png

The pictures are more green than it is ,, I think its Willow Green pray.gif
Greggers914
nice car. I had a green one way back when. love the color. A Mule Deer ran in front of it one night in N California on a road trip and won!
(Actually, both lost - the car limped back to Seattle mortally wounded and ended up being junked - big deer and 914's do not mix well at high speed.)

Greg James
Greggers914
QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Mar 6 2013, 06:33 AM) *

nice car. I had a green one way back when. love the color. A Mule Deer ran in front of it one night in N California on a road trip and won!
(Actually, both lost - the car limped back to Seattle mortally wounded and ended up being junked - big deer and 914's do not mix well at high speed.)

Greg James

If the weather looks good for next week (Seems to be OK), would anyone like to try to meet at XXX Issaquah for a Teener Tuesday?

I'm good at around 6;30pm. Traffic is never good out there at that time, but they have a big parking lot and the burgers are decent.

if its pouring down rain, we just skip it.

thoughts?

Greg James
Bleyseng
I have a set of early doors off the black 72 sitting there if you want them for a small price complete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.