Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 5 2013, 10:22 PM) *

I may have what you need Derek. I'll have to check my parts car tomorrow.

BTW welcome.png Nice looking car, I thought greenie and sixnotfour had the market cornered on green cars up here. biggrin.gif

Has Greenie figured out that you're partin' his car out?? poke.gif av-943.gif

That IS a good looking car. I hope to meet you at future GTGs.

welcome.png
KELTY360
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 6 2013, 08:34 AM) *

SSSHHH! Don't tell my secrets. Oh, BTW, the passenger door needs a new outside handle... lol-2.gif
6freak
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 6 2013, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 6 2013, 08:34 AM) *

SSSHHH! Don't tell my secrets. Oh, BTW, the passenger door needs a new outside handle... lol-2.gif

still.... av-943.gif WTH
dereknlee
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll send PMs regarding the doors - some promising leads. Wow...hitting a deer is bad in most cars - but in a 914 the deer has the advantage.

I haven't seen the car in bare metal yet, tried to get there today but work got in the way. My car was repainted (outside surfaces only) some time in its past - in a John Deer green. The original color was willow green, so that's why the trunk and door frames are lighter than in the pictures I posted. I'd like the color to be close to the original willow green when it gets re-sprayed (if anything just add a little bit more life to the color).

-Derek
Daiberl
Today I killed the windshield in the -6 headbang.gif What is the best place to get a new one installed or has someone a windshield which is no longer needed? I plan for the moment to install it with the rubber seal from 914rubber since I plan to do a full restoration soon. Has someone experience with Hagerty, do they usually cover this?
Greggers914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Mar 9 2013, 09:15 PM) *

Today I killed the windshield in the -6 headbang.gif What is the best place to get a new one installed or has someone a windshield which is no longer needed? I plan for the moment to install it with the rubber seal from 914rubber since I plan to do a full restoration soon. Has someone experience with Hagerty, do they usually cover this?

Euroglass in Redmond. the best.

Ask for Bruce - 425-883-2989

-Greg James
KELTY360

Bummer Juergen sad.gif I don't know about glass, but the one claim I've had with Haggerty was outstanding. It was just a small item but they followed up like it was a big deal to them. I've had their coverage for over 20 years and they've always been good to work with.
Daiberl
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 11 2013, 02:04 PM) *

Bummer Juergen sad.gif I don't know about glass, but the one claim I've had with Haggerty was outstanding. It was just a small item but they followed up like it was a big deal to them. I've had their coverage for over 20 years and they've always been good to work with.

Mark,
thanks, i will check with them, would prefer to get it installed properly:-) Also pinged Rich, he would have one I can use also in the meantime until I start with the restoration so let's see what I do.
- Juergen
Greggers914
I'm actually at Euroglass now getting my rear window resealed.

It came loose and started to rattle. Bruce has been doing all Porsches for years.

Greg James.
Greggers914
I'm looking at replacing the carpet in my 2.0. its the original greyish stuff, and while still ok, it looks pretty dingy.

anyone have any experience in doing a carpet change?

any thoughts on the best quality carpet kits?

Greg James

rohar
Hey guys! Been forever. My ADD seems to have caught up with me this winter and not much happening with the 914. Time to get back to work on it I'm thinking.

Anyway, I'll be in town next week. Anything going on over there? It'd be good to see you guys and catch up.
mightyohm
I'd also like to meet up with the group next time there is a get-together. I seem to always miss these because I find out about them a week late! dry.gif

I'm in the process of rebushing my rear control arms, and I'll need to take the car to an alignment shop when I'm done - can anyone recommend one that understands 914s?
aircooledtechguy
I took my car to Cantrell Motorsports in Kirkland a few years ago. They did a great job with it. They are right off the 405.
NORD
A friend of PeaGreen914 also does it in the Greenwood Area.
Sets up appointment for Saturday mornning and you will be there for
corner balance as well. He did my last fall and very happy. driving.gif
sixnotfour
Omni in totem lake, Cantrell is great race shop. Tim Johns friend , I believe does a spring job.
914werke
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 20 2013, 04:08 PM) *

I took my car to Cantrell Motorsports in Kirkland a few years ago. They did a great job with it. They are right off the 405.

agree.gif
Collins guys did my LE as well.
bradtho
hope you don't mind if a lurker jumps in. Monty at Redmond European sent me to Truline in b-vue this year when I re-did my suspension. He recommended Omni until I mentioned the corner balance. I was really pleased. they couldn't achieve the front ride height I wanted but called to talk about it and sent pictures.

I just had my daughter's car at Omni (totem lake) and they were real stand up guys. not sure if they don't do corner balancing or why that changed Monty's recommendation.

I'll return to my lurking until a get together lines up well with my schedule. was thinking of joining on the recent XXX plans, and then it rained that nite.
mightyohm
Thanks for the recommendations, guys! I need to finish the driver's side this weekend, will be calling around next week.
KELTY360
I'm reposting here from a separate thread just to make sure some PNW guys don't miss the notice:

Got a call last night from our friend and 914World member, Garrett Goldsmith. He told me that his doctor tells him that his 20+ year battle with MS is coming to an end and he has begun hospice care at his home.

In keeping with the remarkable, matter-of-fact attitude he's taken to his condition, he and Patricia are inviting his friends to a Going Away Party/Open House starting at Noon on Saturday, March 30.

The address is 1427 Olympic View Dr., Edmonds WA

Garrett is a long time Porsche enthusiast and restorer who has come to revere the 914 and owns a wonderful '74 2.0 survivor. If you are a friend of the 914, you're a friend of Garrett's. Try to swing by and say hi. If you want food or drink, bring your own. This will be a celebration for a great 914 guy. Bring your Porsche if you can.
PeeGreen 914
Wow, my heart just sank a little. I won't be able to come to this.

Damn it... I will try to see if I can make it to see Garrett. If I can't make it Mark will you please send my best to them both? I will do my best to get over.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Mar 27 2013, 03:09 PM) *

Damn it... I will try to see if I can make it to see Garrett. If I can't make it Mark will you please send my best to them both? I will do my best to get over.

Jon, I'm pretty sure you could stop by anytime...they are not going anywhere. Garrett would really enjoy seeing you.
Eddie914
I am going to try to stop in. I am super busy and super behind, but friendships are important!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Mar 29 2013, 05:46 PM) *

I am going to try to stop in. I am super busy and super behind, but friendships are important!

what is your motto, this year ?? do it
audio_file
Just a quick 'Thank You' to Nate (aircooledtechguy) at ProVolks, did a great job dialing in my car yesterday, she's purring (well, screaming really!) like never before, even more a joy to drive now!

Was very good to see yous guys yesterday, thanks for being a great host, and Godspeed to Garrett...

driving.gif

Chris
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 27 2013, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen x19 @ Mar 27 2013, 03:09 PM) *

Jon, I'm pretty sure you could stop by anytime...they are not going anywhere. Garrett would really enjoy seeing you.

I will need to get over there in the next day or so. Work and family life has been all I've had time for. Thanks Marc. I'll swing by soon smile.gif
Ductech
This is sad. I live not to far away and I usually test drive right past his house in my x19. I wish I would have gone instead of going to work
PanelBilly
Anybody have the Crome trim that mount on the back of the targa bar. I'm going to try to restore the 2 side pieces, but my long bar is missing.
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 14 2013, 12:07 PM) *

Anybody have the Crome trim that mount on the back of the targa bar. I'm going to try to restore the 2 side pieces, but my long bar is missing.

Come n' get it.
Daiberl
Triple XXX Porsche Show is on April 28th, who is planning to go, meet up at McDonalds at 10:00 AM like the last 2 years??? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=208425
rjames
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 16 2013, 09:19 PM) *

Triple XXX Porsche Show is on April 28th, who is planning to go, meet up at McDonalds at 10:00 AM like the last 2 years??? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=208425

I hope to make it this year, weather permitting. IIRC, it was raining pretty good last year and the little car doesn't get driven in the rain if it can be helped. smile.gif
xmotox
I to will be there if it is not raining.
NORD

Sorry My car needs the motor reinstalled. Removed the Jack stands and

Put the tires back on just so the jackstands don't get use to been there.

But the reason I cannot make it is, I'll be on my way to Cabo Mexico.

Going down for Sport Fishing and find a place to live for a year or two.

Year around sunshine and Bikinis.
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Apr 17 2013, 07:35 AM) *

Year around sunshine and Bikinis.

That mental picture of you in a bikini made breakfast a little rancid.... barf.gif
KELTY360
I'm a probable maybe. I've gotten caught in the rain a few times in the last week and I DON'T LIKE IT!
sportlicherFahrer
Whats everyone doin this Sunday? I'm gonna be up towards the north end at the 2013 PNW Springmeet rain or shine. Got my 2056 back together and feel like doin a little driving.gif

Anyone else game?
kwlane

Since I live 10 minutes from Bellevue College think I'll check out the Springmeet. Any certain time folks thinking of show up?

aircooledtechguy
I'll be there in my teener.
Greggers914
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Apr 18 2013, 10:48 PM) *

I'll be there if its not raining. The XXX car days are fun. lots of cool cars.

Greg James
KELTY360
QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Apr 20 2013, 08:28 AM) *

Greg James

Greg - Don't confuse this with the XXX Porsche meet next Sunday. This Sunday is a VW meet at Bellevue Community College.

BTW, I'll probably be there tomorrow for a short time.
sportlicherFahrer
I'm probably looking at about noon myself, and staying for most of the rest of the show.
John1180
Just picked up a 914 roller for a scuby project and need a top. Anyone in the area have a spare? Doesn't need to be fancy. John
Bleyseng
I have two so come and get one.
John1180
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 22 2013, 07:48 AM) *

Sent you a PM thanks!
Greggers914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 20 2013, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Greggers914 @ Apr 20 2013, 08:28 AM) *

Greg James

Greg - Don't confuse this with the XXX Porsche meet next Sunday. This Sunday is a VW meet at Bellevue Community College.

BTW, I'll probably be there tomorrow for a short time.

just saw this. I went to XXX for the Ferrari day, and it was a pretty poor showing because of rain. Interesting that I noticed a bunch of VW busses that day and wondered what all the fuss was about. now I know!

Greg
Greggers914
BTW,
I can't make the porsche thing this sunday at XXX. will be in eastern WA for the weekend.

is anyone game for a Teener Tuesday next week?

Greg James
John1180
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 22 2013, 07:48 AM) *

Thanks for the top, hope you like the beer! John
Greggers914
Divorce over 100%. got all my cars smile.gif

question for everyone:

I had a beautiful set of BBS wheels that were once on a restored BMW 2002 in the wifes house. perfect condition. size: 6Jx15 HZ. 289 ET33. W/Yokohama 195/50 R15 tires.

got them back.

any way to get them on a 914? - the 4 lug nut holes are too close together to fit. I wondered if there was any way to get it to work without spending big bucks, or should I just try to sell the wheels and tires on Craigs list? (they are basically unused!)

Greg James

PeeGreen 914
No, but that just means you should get a 2002 to put them on biggrin.gif
Greggers914
know anyone with a 2002?

(Dont need another car)
effutuo101
I know sombody who wants a 2002.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.