Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
bradtho
so before I post a WTB to the classifieds, I thought I'd see if anyone local had a nice straight chrome rear bumper they'd be willing to sell. Shipping on these things has to be a hassle, so would prefer to avoid that if possible.
Greggers914
All Teeners:

I've never been to a Teener Tuesday, but in case you haven't heard, every sunny, non-raining Saturday starting in April, all kinds of "Exotics" get together on Saturday mornings at Redmond Town Center.

There are lots of old Porsches, BMW's, Ferraris, etc.

I usually make it a couple of times a month during the summer, and there are often 150+ cars of all makes. (mostly european)

A 914 showing would be cool. (I've taken both my 85 "Ass dragger" and 914 to the event, and both are welcome.)

anyway, if you're not doing anything Saturday morning, come on down. (Its held in the parking lot where the old Borders store used to be. )

its a great crowd, and cars range from a $30m 1968 Ferrari GTO that Greg Whitten drives there once in a while to 60's Alfas, BMW's, Porsches, etc.

Fun time. lots of cool cars.

Greg James

bradtho
QUOTE(Greggers914 @ May 31 2013, 03:44 PM) *

its a great crowd, and cars range from a $30m 1968 Ferrari GTO that Greg Whitten drives there once in a while to 60's Alfas, BMW's, Porsches, etc.

Fun time. lots of cool cars.

Greg James

agreed. I recommend staying til the end and lining up on the road they exit by so you can hear them! best part.
Greggers914
you can google "Exotics in Redmond" and get to their web site.

it gives details about featured cars, drives, etc.

fun time. I'm going tomorrow.

greg James
Daiberl
Maybe I can get out of the bed early enough, if yes I will drive the LE over.
Greggers914
the weather looks good tomorrow.

there will be tons of cars in Redmond @ Redmond Town Center for the weekly Saturday morning gathering. it starts about 9am. Its good to get there a bit early if you want a good parking spot.

I'm going to drive my 2.0 out there. hope to meet other teeners.

Greg James

914werke
Just ran into Denny Akers outside my shop driving of all things a white 73 914 1.7!! Good on ya Denny
Mr.242
Sunday June 30th in Shelton. Nice car show...

Link to Shelton Car Show info

Tomater from the movie CARS will be there for pictures with the kids (I'm hoping to get the SIX in a photo too.)

I'll be there....anyone want to join?
messix
greenwood ave car show on Saturday also
PanelBilly
I'm doing Greenwood if I can finish my work in time.
messix
put a new battery in the beater and started right up! fresh gas and the Italian tune up and it runs great! driving.gif aktion035.gif
mightyohm
Looking for a machine shop recommendation in the Seattle area!

My wife's car (62 Sunbeam) needs some head work. looking for a local shop, close to Redmond is a big plus, to have head resurfaced, some welding (aluminum), valves ground, etc.

I got a couple recommendations at WCR, but the names escape me now. dry.gif

Has anyone used East Side machine in Redmond?
Greggers914
Anyone going to go to the Mercer Island car show this weekend?

You can register on line, and there are usually lots of interesting cars. Imports and domestic.

The weather will be good too!

Greg james
PanelBilly
I need to get some garage time. Anybody care to join me Saturday or Sunday?
mightyohm
Bump on the machine shop query above. Bueller?
messix
dudder machine was in totem lake years ago, I used them up until about 15 years ago.

there was one in Redmond but I haven't been down in that neck of the woods in years.
Bleyseng
Dunno Eastside shops anymore as I haven't lived there in almost 20 yrs thank god.

Damn Seattle shops are closing so fast and moving to whoknowswhere as their buildings are being turned into Vegan cafes or coffee shops with hip sandblasted wood interiors....
effutuo101
You can ask the Alpha guys downtown and see if they can recommend anybody.
sportlicherFahrer
So I'm off work for the next 4 weeks.... Who's down for some Tuesday meets or weekend cruises? Summer is too nice to waste away in the garage!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 12 2013, 12:24 PM) *

dudder machine was in totem lake years ago, I used them up until about 15 years ago.

there was one in Redmond but I haven't been down in that neck of the woods in years.

Dudder uses Action Machine in Shoreline now.. Rob is a good guy and I have had him do a few weld ups and reseat.
sixnotfour
Chuck at C & D loves Fords..
http://local.yahoo.com/info-22108865-c-d-a...ne-rpr-kirkland
Daiberl
This Wednesday for chicken wings at Big E Alehouse? Around 6 PM????
PanelBilly
I need to go to Kennewick on Wednesday, so I'm out
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 21 2013, 09:18 PM) *

Too bad. Might be able to come down next weekend if you need some help, tenants moved out and I have to do a few things on the house, just a 5 minute drive from your place so let me know if you need some help.
aircooledtechguy
I'm in need for a spare wheel for my Squareback project. If anyone has an old Porsche steel wheel (5-lug) that's ugly, curbed and not ready for prime-time or even a space-saver spare that is collecting dust. I want to have it in the stock spare location up front so I can't use any rims wider than about 6". . . Lemme know. . .
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 21 2013, 09:12 PM) *

This Wednesday for chicken wings at Big E Alehouse? Around 6 PM????

picking up the kid wont make it
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 21 2013, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 21 2013, 09:18 PM) *

Too bad. Might be able to come down next weekend if you need some help, tenants moved out and I have to do a few things on the house, just a 5 minute drive from your place so let me know if you need some help.

dang! Bad timing
sportlicherFahrer
Wednesdays are no good for me either. Its the one day of the week for each of the next four weeks I have solid plans on.
914werke
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 21 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Dudder uses Action Machine in Shoreline now.. Rob is a good guy and I have had him do a few weld ups and reseat.

agree.gif
mightyohm
I wound up taking the head to Autosport Seattle in Ballard, they came highly recommended. I'll post an update when I get the head back, and let you know how they did.

sportlicherFahrer
Anyone headed to the Goodguys show in Puyallup? Headed that way in a bit. If you've never been to one its a must see for any gear head.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jul 27 2013, 08:00 AM) *

Anyone headed to the Goodguys show in Puyallup? Headed that way in a bit. If you've never been to one its a must see for any gear head.

Take a lawn chair and find yourself a place to sit near an intersection around dinner time. Lots of the cars are driven around and you'll get to hear them drive by. In past years I've spent the evening watching the parade. Wish I was home this weekend
914werke

PORSCHE SWAP MEET (n. seattle)
This is the ONLY Porsche related Swap Meet all year in Seattle.

The Annual John Walker's Workshop/PCA/PNWR Swap Meet is Saturday, August 3rd.
The time is 8am to 1 pm. The location is the phinney neighborhood association lower parking lot, which is 1/2 block east of N.67th st and Phinney ave N, in north seattle. The address is 6532 Phinney ave n, Seattle, wa, 98103. Take the N85th st exit off of I-5, go west on N. 85th st to Aurora ave n, go south on Aurora to N67th st, go west 3 1/2 blocks. There is no charge to sell or to shop. This is the one time each year that you can clean the extra stuff out of your garage and get some money back to buy new stuff. The more vendors the better. Vendors, bring your own table, tent, etc. Body parts, interior, wheels, literature etc, etc. it's all there. Any questions, call John @ 206 789 6800. email jwworkshop at aol dot com.

effutuo101
Sorry I missed you all. I dropped my cell phone and had no way to log in and see how everything was going and to meet up with people. I am back in San Diego now, but will be back up soon.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jul 30 2013, 12:34 PM) *

The time is 8am to 1 pm. The location is the phinney neighborhood association lower parking lot, which is 1/2 block east of N.67th st and Phinney ave N, in north seattle. The address is 6532 Phinney ave n, Seattle, wa, 98103. Take the N85th st exit off of I-5, go west on N. 85th st to Aurora ave n, go south on Aurora to N67th st, go west 3 1/2 blocks. There is no charge to sell or to shop. This is the one time each year that you can clean the extra stuff out of your garage and get some money back to buy new stuff. The more vendors the better. Vendors, bring your own table, tent, etc. Body parts, interior, wheels, literature etc, etc. it's all there. Any questions, call John @ 206 789 6800. email jwworkshop at aol dot com.

I'll be there. Anyone want to go out for breakfast after we score all the goods like last year??
Daiberl
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 30 2013, 07:29 PM) *

I'll be there. Anyone want to go out for breakfast after we score all the goods like last year??

I'm in for breakfast. Will be there at 8 AM.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 30 2013, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 30 2013, 07:29 PM) *

I'm in for breakfast. Will be there at 8 AM.

I guess that means I gotta get there by 7:45. . . poke.gif

Se you there!!
sportlicherFahrer
I'll be up there as well.
NORD
I'll be there at 7:30 helping people unload thier goodies. chowtime.gif Yes, where?

Save August 17th for the Breakfast and Artist Point drive. driving.gif Nate and I went out and proofed the run last night, Yes its a blast.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 1 2013, 09:03 AM) *

Save August 17th for the Breakfast and Artist Point drive. driving.gif Nate and I went out and proofed the run last night, Yes its a blast.

My car won't be back together by then, but my girlfriend and I may be able to tag along on our motorcycles. biker.gif

And I agree, the drive up to Artist Point is great this year. Been up there twice on my bike in the last month. They actually sent sweepers up and down 542 so there is far less sand than usual.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 1 2013, 11:03 AM) *

I'll be there at 7:30 helping people unload thier goodies. chowtime.gif Yes, where?

I'm bringing my truck if anyone needs larger stuff delivered north of the swap.

QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 1 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Actually, we scared the sh*t out of a father/son pair of out-of-town clients in our 914s proofing the road last night. av-943.gif

The top comment from Brent today was, "That beat the hell out of kicking around the hotel last night!!" aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
the breakfast at the cafe on greenwood was swell last year. see you all on sat. sucky traffic in seattle this weekend. road closures and seafair. from the north take the 85th st exit. hope there are more vendors. the 'show' has gotten smaller and smaller each year.

k
NORD

I read on the bird board that Mae's, where we ate last year has closed. chowtime.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Not sure about the rest of you guys, but had a great 914 weekend myself. It was good to see some of the guys at the swap yesterday and then hit the track today. Would be great to see more 914's out at the a/x events even in a closer to stock class in all this nice weather. Think I'm only one of three that frequent Bremerton Motorsports Park these days...

Whats everyone doing this coming Tuesday or Sunday? beerchug.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif idea.gif
rhodyguy
nord, was the I5 bridge over the skagit choked down to one lane when you got to it?
NORD
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 5 2013, 04:12 AM) *

nord, was the I5 bridge over the skagit choked down to one lane when you got to it?

Haven't been down since last Wend. Had family showed up Friday so did not make swap meet. confused24.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Tomorrow is the last tuesday I have before my vacation is up and I'm pretty free. Anyone doing anything? Just finishing up a couple things on the car in the morning and taking my new steering wheel for a test drive. Who's game?
xmotox
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 12 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Tomorrow is the last tuesday I have before my vacation is up and I'm pretty free. Anyone doing anything? Just finishing up a couple things on the car in the morning and taking my new steering wheel for a test drive. Who's game?

i am game for something down south.
Daiberl
Would be in for something today or tomorrow but North of Seattle.
sportlicherFahrer
I'd prefer something a little more south as well, but it kind of depends on how far north we're talking and how many guys are going to show. Alki is usually pretty nice...

xmotox- What did you have in mind?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.