Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
jsaum
I'm in.
NORD

I'm in Mexico now. No 914 here either. Back next week. driving.gif
Daiberl
Should we move it out a week to Tuesday, 11/26? Looks like only 2 - 3 people could make it this week, for me next week would also work.
- Juergen
jsaum
Sure the 26th works for me.
PanelBilly
I can do either date. Jurgen's,If we don't do it this week, do you want to get together this weekend?
Daiberl
Bump for this Tuesday, http://www.diebierstube.com/. I plan to be there around 6:30 PM.
jsaum
Sure I'm in. 6:30 works for me!
Eddie914
I should be able to be there!

Cheers
sportlicherFahrer
I might make it as well
sportlicherFahrer
Made it a little early. Grabbed the big table by the front door. Good luck with parking! I managed to get a spot in a neighboring business's lot after checking with them to not get my 914 towed...
Bleyseng
I drove by but didn't see any 914's anywhere so I didn't stop...darn. Somebody has to park in front...besides I was in the Ghia not sure if its welcome. My 914 is put away and getting winterized.
Daiberl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 27 2013, 10:22 AM) *

I drove by but didn't see any 914's anywhere so I didn't stop...darn. Somebody has to park in front...besides I was in the Ghia not sure if its welcome. My 914 is put away and getting winterized.

Hey, I think I say your Ghia, was driving the black 996 and Billy was following me in his Benz. Even looked over and admired your car.
sportlicherFahrer
James and I saw the Ghia too. There was no street parking when I showed up otherwise you would've seen my lonely 914.
PanelBilly
Who needs a file cabinet? I have four 4 drawers that are 30" wide. My customer doesn't want them and I'd rather give them away to my friends than do the craiglist dance. These are commercial quality so they are perfect for holding parts and tools in the garage. I also have one 2 drawer. These are good enough for you to use in your office if you'd like. Take one, take them all. I just want them gone.
rohar
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 7 2013, 09:13 AM) *

Who needs a file cabinet? I have four 4 drawers that are 30" wide. My customer doesn't want them and I'd rather give them away to my friends than do the craiglist dance. These are commercial quality so they are perfect for holding parts and tools in the garage. I also have one 2 drawer. These are good enough for you to use in your office if you'd like. Take one, take them all. I just want them gone.

How manny do you think I could pack in an 8' truck bed?
PanelBilly
If your open to standing them upright and that would be about 5' tall, then you could take all four
rohar
If they're only 5' tall, I'm thinking I can make this work. They're mine, MINE I tell you! smile.gif

...now I'll have somewhere to organize my collection of European starters.
PanelBilly
I've got a few more. Who wants them?
Daiberl
I plan to do some work this Friday, 12/20, and could use a few helping hands. I have to drop the engine from the 911, the starter from the -6 needs to be checked (I assume it's defect, will not engage), and the LE still has a high idle. I can offer beer, coffee, soda, and pizza biggrin.gif Would start around 4 PM I think.
- Juergen
sportlicherFahrer
If I can kick this cold I have by then, I'm down for doing some work.
PanelBilly
I'm in. I think I can start a bit earlier if that helps.
moldygreg
I can be a helper monkey. Assisting in the 911 engine drop would be quite useful for me.

I'm over in West Seattle and depending on where you're located could do a touch earlier as well.

Cheers

Greg
Daiberl
Ok, looks like I can get out of work around 2 PM, will be in the garage around 4 PM. PM me if you need the address, it's in Lake Forest Park.
Daiberl
Bump, beer is in the fridge, cars are in position to get the work started biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
Bummer. . . Fridays are one of the only days I get to see my wife all week and get a meal she cooks. . . chowtime.gif Otherwise, I'd be all over coming down to help.
bradtho
anybody got a nice looking fresh air box they'd sell? I was gonna post a WTB in the classifieds, but 2 others did in the last week and they aren't getting much traction so thought I'd try another route. I'm only looking for the clamshell.
sportlicherFahrer
I happen to have one. It is in one piece, but needs to be cleaned up a little. motor on it is ok too IIRC. Probably bringing up some other parts for Billy and Jeurgen so I'll dig it out if you're headed to Jeurgen's place tomorrow, or whatever works for you if you're interested.
bradtho
Sweet. So the box I've got is completely functional but covered in overspray. I'm painting this winter (I hope) so looking to make this look up to the rest of the car while I've got the tank out. I'm happy to meet you where ever, but not sure what today's snow means for any travel plans.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Dec 19 2013, 12:25 PM) *

Bump, beer is in the fridge, cars are in position to get the work started biggrin.gif

I was gonna drive up but this snow BS has put a stop to that idea.
Daiberl
Forecast says rain should start in a few hours and snow will be gone so I will be in the garage working on the cars. If someone is interested in joining me tomorrow let me know, might be safer to drive. Plan is to work on Saturday afternoon for a few hours, beer and food can be provided!
sportlicherFahrer
Brad: Gotta check, but I think mine has overspray on it too. I'll let you know/ shoot you a pm of pics when I dig it out.

Jeurgen: Moving the work party to tomorrow? Or are you still planning on doing it today as well? Freeways look clear enough to be safe...
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 20 2013, 08:27 AM) *
I was gonna drive up but this snow BS has put a stop to that idea.

Pussy!
Youve been spoiled by sunny Surnami happy11.gif

Daiberl
Let's move it to tomorrow, will start around 1 PM and work until the engine is out of the 911 as well as the starter problem with the -6 is solved.
Kevin (rhodyguy) might come with a MPS he has as a spare and that might help me also chasing the high idle I have with the LE.
Plenty of work so help is welcome.
rhodyguy
schnitzel? Pardon the spelling. the little round noodles, spatezela(?) would be good too.
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds good. Please PM me your addy for my GPS
moldygreg
Hi Juergen-

Sorry to say if it's moved to Saturday I won't be able to help; Off to CA to see family.

Best of luck with the projects.

I hope to check out EASY in Emmeryville so if anyone has any 'Unicorn' part requests, I can keep my eyes open and report back.

Merry Christmas all.

beerchug.gif
Greg
bradtho
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Dec 20 2013, 11:39 AM) *

Brad: Gotta check, but I think mine has overspray on it too. I'll let you know/ shoot you a pm of pics when I dig it out.

Jim: a mystery benefactor/lurker PM'd me that he had a couple excellent condition boxes that he'd bring up to Juergen's tomorrow. I'm moving on that since you said yours was probably about the same condition as the one I have. Let me know if yours is actually easy on the eyes. I'm sure neither one of us would mind you taking dibs on my $$$.
Daiberl
Thanks to Kevin, Brad, and Jim for helping today. Jim at the end also got the LE to idle perfectly and the starter on the -6 was changed to a starter Kevin delivered and now the car runs again! The only work left is to drop the engine in the 911 but I first have to figure out how to safely get the 911 on the scissor lift, much more tricky than a 914 based on the weight distribution.
rhodyguy
HOORAY! piratenanner.gif driving.gif a successful day in the garage. i was think about adjusting lift setup for the cab yesterday during the drive home. had PLENTY of time to think. worse than the usual king county traffic. every exit near a mall was a parking lot.

a major upside to the day was i saw the type of lift i'm going to buy.
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Dec 21 2013, 08:31 PM) *

Thanks to Kevin, Brad, and Jim for helping today. Jim at the end also got the LE to idle perfectly and the starter on the -6 was changed to a starter Kevin delivered and now the car runs again! The only work left is to drop the engine in the 911 but I first have to figure out how to safely get the 911 on the scissor lift, much more tricky than a 914 based on the weight distribution.

can you use a ratchet strap to tie off the rear to the lift to keep it from lifting? or would the lift tilt also?
rhodyguy
pretty tippy on the rear. like able to pick/rock the car up by hand. long span for the lift arms, hard to find good spots for the arms with no jacking doughnuts on the floor and the bulk of the weight is well rear of the arm/lift centerline. you can tell where floor jacks have been used in the past to raise the car.
dereknlee
Hey guys - been a while since I last posted, intro page 233. Got the car back from Eurotech in the spring but haven't had time to work on it until recently. Here's a picture of the car fresh from the shop:

IPB Image

I'm currently refurbing the headlight assemblies and I'm looking for the following parts:
1) Black plastic "Protection Cap" (headlight mechanism covers) - need both sides
2)Backing plate for outboard headlight pivot bracket
3) headlight stop screw (M8 with oversized head and slotted on the threaded end)

If any of you have these parts to sell I'd appreciate it! Thanks,

Derek
sixnotfour
Hey Derek, great 914 and color,,
This guy has everything you need; http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=453
914werke
Mmmmm.. Love that color!
NORD
That is a good looking roller agree.gif

What year and I like that rear valance. Those steel wheales will also look great.
dereknlee
Thanks! Eurotech did an amazing job with it. It's a 72, I have a set of Pedrinni's that will go on eventually.
PanelBilly
Looks great, Post some more photos.
dereknlee
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 2 2014, 08:31 PM) *

Looks great, Post some more photos.

Happy to, bit more about the project first. I repaired the hell hole and concluded that body work was not for me so Eurotech took it from there. They repaired the seal channels around the targa seal and front trunk, fitted replacement doors (thank you 914world members), fitted sway bars (ditto), stripped the exterior and undercoating, deleted the radio antenna, repaired the rear trunk lid, fitted a new left jack point and new rocker covers, reworked the front and rear valances (think the rear is from a six so will have to adjust the tailpipe), removed numerous dings and resprayed most of the car including the underside, trunks and engine compartment. Original color was Willow green and I think this is close if not the same.

Couple more photos

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Relative to the power plant, the heads were cracked and other parts were worn, so the engine was rebuilt to a little over 2.0 L, balanced and cammed for carbs by NW connecting rod. Transaxle has been rebuilt.

The front bumper has bee rechromed, I'm this far in so I'll have the rear rechromed to match. Hood/trunk latches and other hardware will be sent off for yellow nickel plating.

So now to refurbing individual components and re-assembly. Headlights as of this evening:

IPB Image

Anybody have a source for yellow CAD plated sheet metal screws or socket head cap screws? Is 914rubber a good source for seals?
PanelBilly
Just thinking here. Do you think there's enough skill between us all to do an engine assembly workshop of my 3.0. The fellow who is doing my machine work is open to doing just part of the job and then turning it over to me to finish up. So would you be interested in helping and/or do you have any idea what it will take?
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 9 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Just thinking here. Do you think there's enough skill between us all to do an engine assembly workshop of my 3.0. The fellow who is doing my machine work is open to doing just part of the job and then turning it over to me to finish up. So would you be interested in helping and/or do you have any idea what it will take?

I would love to watch and help but haven't done a -6 so far so my ability to really help is limited.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.