Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
PanelBilly
My list of things to do is feeling a bit overwhelming. Anyone who'd like to come by to help out this Saturday or Sunday is welcome to food and drink.
PanelBilly
Tom is coming by this Saturday morning to give me a hand with the wiring. If you have a need to help out with some assembley work, the more hands, the better.
Tom
I plan on helping Billy get some electrical issues straight. If anyone has some knowledge on converting a /4 to /6 electrically, let us know. Does an early 2.7 require a voltage regulator? Research I have done indicates it does, just not sure. I thought 911 engines had an internally regulated alternator.
Thanks,
Tom
bradtho
I just finished my 5-lug conversion and we're trying to move so I'm motivated to pass some of this stuff along to anyone who could use it. Thought I'd try our private thread before posting in the official classifieds. I know the 4 lug stuff is pretty much "dime a dozen" but if you need something you need it. Let me know, here's what I've got...

4 2.0 liter Fuchs. DD condition refinished by EUROTECH a couple years ago. Still look good, but short of perfect. Black insets, running Bridgestone Potenza's all-seasons 195/55/15 with plenty of tread left.
1 Steelie spare, original spare to my car, probably never used. Has a 165/15 on it. Holds air just fine.
Powder coated early/pinch struts, powder coated dust shields
Front rotors with plenty of life left
Front calipers still gold looking, plenty of pad left
Rear hubs

I'm not expecting to make up the cost of my conversion and happy to give anyone local a good deal if they can use any of this.

I've also got an alternator for free to anyone that wants it. Unknown condition.
sportlicherFahrer
Anyone know a decent somewhat local upolstery shop to do a recover on my side bolsters? Have someone lined up to re-do the back and bottom, but they won't touch the bolsters. Not necessarily looking to go stock either. $500 JUST for material is a little steep IMHO.
callplatinum
If any of the locals get together plz email me. I don't always check in here.
I've owned a 914 for about a year now and would love some additional eyes on my car to guide me on what to do about some rust issues, I don't think they are bad at all, but I really don't know these cars.

I think it was Messix that was driving by one day in her work truck and chatted me up a bit. Guess he spotted the car from the highway, nice guy.

Anyways, appreciated.

don@callplatinum.com

callplatinum
Love that green car! Very nice!
JimN73
Movin' up. We're heading to Gig Harbor in May. The current plan is to get a travel trailer and put it at a Gig Harbor RV park until we build or find a place to buy.

I'll be there next week, Tuesday & Wednesday to finalize the trailer and intend to move the following week - to arrive on May 1.

So, if/when there are breakfasts, lunches, dinners, drives my yellow car should be there.

moldygreg
I'm ordering a new rear trunk pan from Restoration Design.
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the Puget Sound who could cut and weld the new metal in?

Thanks-
Greg
914werke
rolleyes.gif
effutuo101
Yep. Rich!
messix
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 22 2014, 02:49 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

^ this guys has done many
moldygreg
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 22 2014, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 22 2014, 02:49 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

^ this guys has done many

Thank you! Rich, I'll shoot you a PM.

Greg welder.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(bradtho @ Apr 12 2014, 02:05 PM) *

I just finished my 5-lug conversion and we're trying to move so I'm motivated to pass some of this stuff along to anyone who could use it. Thought I'd try our private thread before posting in the official classifieds. I know the 4 lug stuff is pretty much "dime a dozen" but if you need something you need it. Let me know, here's what I've got...

4 2.0 liter Fuchs. DD condition refinished by EUROTECH a couple years ago. Still look good, but short of perfect. Black insets, running Bridgestone Potenza's all-seasons 195/55/15 with plenty of tread left.
1 Steelie spare, original spare to my car, probably never used. Has a 165/15 on it. Holds air just fine.
Powder coated early/pinch struts, powder coated dust shields
Front rotors with plenty of life left
Front calipers still gold looking, plenty of pad left
Rear hubs

I'm not expecting to make up the cost of my conversion and happy to give anyone local a good deal if they can use any of this.

I've also got an alternator for free to anyone that wants it. Unknown condition.

Early Steelie? I'll take it off your hands for my Ghia.

The newly painted green 914, is that where my black 72 doors went to? Looks great!
sixnotfour
The newly painted green 914, is that where my black 72 doors went to? Looks great!

Maybe one of them , I supplied one because one was bad..Dont remember which side.. beer3.gif
JimN73
Looks like my move to Gig Harbor will be around the 1st of June.

It seems that Washington will exchange my California DL for a Washington DL with no issues. but what about the car registration?

It's a 2056 with Webers. Is there a physical inspection? Will the inspectors know that it's not stock?

thanks,
sportlicherFahrer
Washington is way easier when it comes to cars. If its older than 25 years they probably won't even glance at it. And stock is not a big deal at all as long as its not earsplitting loud.
NORD

You will just take your title into the license dept. and pay to change to WA title, plates and pay the fee. They will not need to see the car.

Welcome to the PNW.
rhodyguy
jim, as noted there shouldn't be any emissions testing for your car (non-exempt testing is required every 2 yrs in most areas) due to the 25 yr exemption nor do we have a yearly safety inspection. enjoy your relocation to washington. plan on looking into purchasing goodtogo transponders for crossing the tacoma narrows bridge. there is a goodtogo office in GH.
JimN73
Thanks for the info.

Bremerton Sports Car Club. Car classification rules seem fairly straightforward, are there any 914s there? Bremerton and the PCA should give me a pretty good AX schedule.

sportlicherFahrer
I do Bscc and PCA out in Bremerton. More chance seeing another 914 with the PCA, but the Bscc crowd are great people as well.
rhodyguy
moving to gh proper or one of the outer areas?
JimN73
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 18 2014, 11:27 AM) *

moving to gh proper or one of the outer areas?

We'll be looking in Gig Harbor (not too far out on KPN), Olalla and southern Port Orchard.

We've spent a couple of days there with our real estate agent and are going to focus on those areas, but if the right place comes up and is a little further away, we will go for it.
JimN73
Saw a yellow 914 in Port Orchard at about 12:30. Was out looking at houses in our white MINI. Waved and got a wave back.

Someone here?
messix
flared? could have been tony in his v8 car
Tom
Nope, narrow body. I have seen him a few times also, always in the opposite lane, with no chance to say HI.
Tom
JimN73
Was a narrow body.

Daiberl
Wow, no post in this thread in the last 6 weeks, that's bad. Who is going to the Porsche Swap Meet on August 2nd, I plan to be there early and I might even bring a few parts to sell and then go for a nice breakfast.
effutuo101
Who drives a primer grey and red 914 up near lake Stevens?
AfricanHijinx
I saw a orange 914 that got smashed near pioneer square is that someones on here?
NORD

I'm doing the swap meet, nothing I really need but I can always talk Kevin into buying something. driving.gif
PanelBilly
I'm up for the breakfast. Where should we meet? Also I was planning on heading over to Redmond Town Center afterwards. There's a show and Porsche is the marque
rhodyguy
If it's still open, up the stairs from the parking lot/swap. On greenwood....superb pancakes.
Daiberl
I plan to be at the swap meet before 8 AM so breakfast whenever the group feels hungry. Not sure whether the place up the stairs is open, but there are a few places around.
jsaum
I may try and grab some parts and show up for a while depends if I can get any sleep. My newest 914 teener has been keeping me up at night.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(jsaum @ Jul 29 2014, 03:08 PM) *

I may try and grab some parts and show up for a while depends if I can get any sleep. My newest 914 teener has been keeping me up at night.

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on the little one!! Kids are awesome.
NORD
Did the Artist Point Run last night with our local Club. Still snow on the hills up there high but still worth it, I love that drive. Road is starting to show some roughness caused by the winter but still OK.

Nate came along and did some GoPro video so he may post?

Do to the Dr Evil Tranny Clinic up here in the PNW my car will be down for a few weeks for tranny rebuild. Don't see any weekend free to do a 914 Breakfast and Artist Point Drive. If weather holds into the fall perhaps September, middle of month.
greenie
QUOTE(jsaum @ Jul 29 2014, 01:08 PM) *

Beautiful Boy!!!

Bring him along, we can pool our money and buy him a pancake.

So what's the plan?

How about we meet at the swapmeet and leave for breakfast at 9:14 ??
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 31 2014, 10:31 AM) *

Did the Artist Point Run last night with our local Club. Still snow on the hills up there high but still worth it, I love that drive. Road is starting to show some roughness caused by the winter but still OK.

Nate came along and did some GoPro video so he may post?

Do to the Dr Evil Tranny Clinic up here in the PNW my car will be down for a few weeks for tranny rebuild. Don't see any weekend free to do a 914 Breakfast and Artist Point Drive. If weather holds into the fall perhaps September, middle of month.

Here's my video of our pleasure cruise down the mountain. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_0ay2iiB8

BTW, the Mini in front of me is being driven by a gal that's probably old enough to be my mom!! driving-girl.gif She sure doesn't drive like my mom though!! aktion035.gif She is a hell of a driver!! Nord is in front of her. Good times on a beautiful evening. . .
PanelBilly
The video says it's private. Was I not invited?
914werke
Good looking boy. Good turnout out Walker's, mostly 911 stuff this yr. Thanks for Breakfast Billy!
rhodyguy
my guess is, for the most part everybody loaded up their priceless artifacts for the ride home.
NORD

The only thing I bought was my breakfast. driving.gif
PanelBilly
I got two spacer washers for the alternator. And my brother paid for them. It was a score! I actually found something I needed.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 3 2014, 08:54 AM) *

The video says it's private. Was I not invited?

Oops. Don't know how that happened. It should be fixed now.
bradtho
I opted for Porsche day at Redmond Town Center mostly because I don't have any priceless treasures that I wanted to over charge for! Anyway, it didn't disappoint. I met a guy named Stacey with an incredible and all original 73 2 liter. He recently bought it from his uncle and brought it up from Nevada. The paint looked fantastic and the interior was perfect. His wife owned a 1.7 at one point, so they've definitely got the bug. Here's a couple of pics.

Btw this was the only 914 there this year.

Click to view attachment
bradtho
Click to view attachment

Sorry this one is a little blurry
rhodyguy
what was the milage? must be ultra low. that's a nice looking car.
aircooledtechguy
That car is NICE!! Thanks for posting up the photos.
RRietman
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Aug 4 2014, 08:04 AM) *

That car is NICE!! Thanks for posting up the photos.

I'm not sure how many here heard about Nord. he had a heart attack last week and passed away. there is a life celebration happening next week . mon aug 18th at 3:00 pm at the squalicum boathouse at zuanich park down at squalicum hbr in Bellingham.

I'll be there with my 74

Randy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.