Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
rhodyguy
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck me!!!!!!!! any one want to ride up together from the south sound? can you post the address? this should be an out front posting. please do so with the details.
914werke
Stunned!!

agree.gif

Lets assemble & pay our respects.

sad. sad.gif

Nord past away suddenly and unexpectedly on August 6, 2014 at age 63.
He was born December 23, 1950 in Omaha Nebraska to Leonard and Jeannette Krupa, Sr. He resided in Lynden, WA.
He was a son, brother, father, grandfather, uncle and friend. He was a US Army Veteran and plumber with the UA Local 26.
Nord loved spending time with family and friends. He was active in the Chuckanut Sports Car Club and the PNWR Porsche Club of America. He loved fishing. Early in life he was a founding member of the the Puget Sound Anglers, Renton Chapter.
He retired in 2012; he was looking forward to long warm days with a fishing pole. He is survived by his mother, Jeannette Guevara, his sons, Paul and Brian (Stephanie), a brother, Rick Krupa, sisters, Bonnie Moreau (Randy), and Cindy Littlejohn (Steve), three nephews, and his granddaughter, Charley Krupa. He was preceded in death by his father Leonard, Sr. Services will be held August 18, 2014, 3pm at The Squalicum Boathouse, Bellingham Marina with a Celebration of Life immediately following at Nord's home. Arrangements by: - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bellingha...h.J9NRGvFg.dpuf

Read more here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bellingha...2#storylink=cpy
greenie

I just heard the news.

I cannot believe this, we had breakfast at the Walker swap meet just a week ago.

A great guy, always something going on, planning his after work retirement for years.

Stunned.
914werke
Remembered

championgt1
sad.gif Nord always had a smile on his face. Just saw him a couple weeks ago at the vintage races.
KELTY360
Unbelievable! What a guy....always smiling with a good word for everybody. Passionate about his pursuits like fishing or autocross or organizing Artist Point runs.

This is stunning news. Had breakfast with him after the swap meet a week ago. We talked about his plans to get his place up for sale so he could go back down to Mexico, get a boat and go fishin'....he told me, "that's what I really want to do."

Don't know what to say. I'm shocked and saddened. We definitely need to get a caravan together for the memorial.

RIP Nord

sad.gif
effutuo101
RIP Nord.
Always a smile and kind word.
jsaum
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 06:58 AM) *

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck me!!!!!!!! any one want to ride up together from the south sound? can you post the address? this should be an out front posting. please do so with the details.

Kevin,

If you don't get anyone to ride up with you pick me up in Everett and I'll ride up the rest of the way with you.
greenie
A few pics of Nord as I'll remember him
aircooledtechguy
OMG!!! sad.gif I'm absolutely stunned by this. He has been my local 914 bro since I've owned my car. Holy crap, what a blow. I'm really gonna miss him, his passion for cars, life and friends.

July 30th, We made a blast up and down Mt. Baker with the Chuckanut Sports Car Club in our 914s. For me, Baker will not be the same without Nord. . .

I'll meet anyone coming up @ the Burlington Costco in front of the gas pumps @ 2:00pm on the 18th so we can all drive in together.

R.I.P. my friend!!
aircooledtechguy
Here's the street address for the Squalicum Boathouse:

2600 Harbor Loop
Bellingham, WA 98225
SirAndy
sad.gif

Someone should make a separate thread in the Garage ...
rhodyguy
Ok. I will. It will take me a while to gather my thoughts about the whole situation. Pretty crappy Tuesday....
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 06:58 AM) *

I have next week off. I will ride up with you. Bummer.
PanelBilly
We spent some time just talking at the Walker meet. A true gentleman. He will be missed.
DNHunt
Man, I'm sorry to hear about Nord. He was always kind and smiling. I wish I could make it up there but, I'll be out of the country. I'll take a moment to pray for him on the 18th.

Dave
sportlicherFahrer
I'll attend on the 18th as well. My car comfortably seats 4 total if anyone would like to ride up unless anyone else already has a carpool set up. Very sad news! sad.gif
mstein95
Talk about a punch to the gut. So sad. What a warm and friendly man. He always had a great story to tell.
RIP
JimN73
I just met Nord at the Walker swap meet, seemed to be the gentleman that everyone says he was. So sad.

If I am not moving, I will make the Monday trip
messix
Damn just seeing this.... stunned shocked and so sad .... lost a great one .
McMark
Oh man. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Aug 12 2014, 08:00 AM) *

OMG!!! sad.gif I'm absolutely stunned by this. He has been my local 914 bro since I've owned my car. Holy crap, what a blow. I'm really gonna miss him, his passion for cars, life and friends.

July 30th, We made a blast up and down Mt. Baker with the Chuckanut Sports Car Club in our 914s. For me, Baker will not be the same without Nord. . .

I'll meet anyone coming up @ the Burlington Costco in front of the gas pumps @ 2:00pm on the 18th so we can all drive in together.

R.I.P. my friend!!

Nord's breakfast and then the blast up Mt Baker won't be the same for sure.

messix
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 12 2014, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Aug 12 2014, 08:00 AM) *

R.I.P. my friend!!

Nord's breakfast and then the blast up Mt Baker won't be the same for sure.

that was a great day!
TC 914-8
WOW , Very sad news !!!!!
Troy just messaged me. I was just thinking of him last Saturday as I viewed Mt Baker, thinking I would love to make his breakfast run to Artist point this year. My condolenceses to his family, Nord was always smiling and having fun. I know he was close to alot of you PNW and World brothers, many stories will be remembered and retold about him. I can reflect on the several times we met and hung out. Always a class act. His memory will last with me until its my turn.........
RIP Nord sad.gif sad.gif
RockinOldSchool
Very sad day. I first met him on the joint Chuckanut Sports Car Club/914 Baker cruise in August of 2009. Within 5 minutes of meeting him, he had offered to let me use his garage to work on my teener as I didn't have a decent place to work on her up here.

He was a great guy and went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and included. School and work enveloped my life and I hadn't seen him in several years even though I live only a few miles down the road from his place. I now feel guilty for having not made time for more of the local events.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend as I am in Colorado through Tuesday for a family reunion.
messix
btt
914werke
On a lighter note:
Unlike Jamie I sold one of my collection today. smile.gif
It was a project that I didnt have the time for so I passed it on to a gent who just moved to our area and was up for a "project".
I provided him our detail so hopefully he will join the madness.
Tackling this particular project he will probably need our support.
messix
this is you Rich https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDAfa-NI-M
914werke
Would you believe I HAVE that CD biggrin.gif
messix
got ya beat.... vinyl!
Eddie914
Nate,

See you at 2:00 @ Burlington Costco

Eddie
helios
I just heard about Nord, and was popping in here to make sure the word got out...I see it has.

I'm seriously considering skipping out of work at the end of the day to make it down there...especially if a bunch of y'all are coming up.

I was just BSing with him & Roger (races a Sunbeam Tiger) a couple weeks back at a car show here in town.

Sad days.
Daiberl
I plan to drop the transmission in my -6 on Tuesday/Wednesday to get ready for the transmission clinic and could use some help. I can provide beer, plan is to start around 6 PM.
rhodyguy
lost in the other thread…someone REALLY needs to address the non-functionality of their brake lights. BOTH sides. noted while driving to I-5 from nord's house.
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 23 2014, 07:57 AM) *

lost in the other thread…someone REALLY needs to address the non-functionality of their brake lights. BOTH sides. noted while driving to I-5 from nord's house.

confused24.gif How about a clue? Can I buy a vowel?
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 23 2014, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 23 2014, 07:57 AM) *

confused24.gif How about a clue? Can I buy a vowel?

couldn't have been me... I don't use brakes that's for slow people happy11.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Aug 23 2014, 08:54 AM) *

I plan to drop the transmission in my -6 on Tuesday/Wednesday to get ready for the transmission clinic and could use some help. I can provide beer, plan is to start around 6 PM.

Plan is now to get the transmission out today, I have to coach my daughters soccer team and practice is tomorrow. I think I will start late afternoon, help would be great!
Daiberl
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Aug 26 2014, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Aug 23 2014, 08:54 AM) *

Plan is now to get the transmission out today, I have to coach my daughters soccer team and practice is tomorrow. I think I will start late afternoon, help would be great!

An another change in plans, I have to go to the office for a few hours so will not pull the transmission today, looks more like tomorrow during the day.
bradtho
well, I won't be able to make it over during the day, but if you need a couple extra hands and/or a back on wed nite, let me know. I should be able to swing by.
PanelBilly
I'd offer to help but I need to drive to Olympia for a job at lunch time. That blows the day.
Ductech
I've been lost from here for awhile... And it's sad to hear about Nord. I only met him once, but he had a great personality. I'm sure he's squealin tires in mid-engined warrior Valhalla.
RIP
914werke
Well heres you chance Robert, Come back to the crazy.
Ductech
You know what... Why the hell not. When the hell are we all gonna go do windy ridge?
InkyP
I can't catch a break! Put my little green teener up for sale and two more green ones show up.

Here is my CL posting: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4688273055.html

So I plan on doing some work on her this week and fix a few things before she sell. My bottom line is $3,000.00 and she is worth that. As Rich says she has got some good bones. As far as rust goes almost all of it is surface rust. Hell hole was treated two years ago.

I just moved back from spending 11 months in Fairbanks Alaska where I did see one teener, a silver one. I am looking for work so if anyone has heard of something in the sales management or Project management (telecom or software) let me know. If I get a job in the next week or two I will be able to keep my girl.

Even if she has to go I have the teener bug and will get another one as soon as I can.

Thanks guys for your help.

Paul
914nola
I wish I had been on this site before I moved from Wenatchee back to New Orleans. Since I moved I have had a job offer in gig harbor area and the pnw seems to be where all the teeners get together. Bummer
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(InkyP @ Oct 5 2014, 07:25 AM) *

I am looking for work so if anyone has heard of something in the sales management or Project management (telecom or software) let me know. If I get a job in the next week or two I will be able to keep my girl.

It's aerospace, not telecom or software, but a sister company of my employer in the Zodiac Aerospace family is looking for a sales manager in Everett.

http://zodiacaerospace.profils.org/offre-d....aspx?LCID=1033
InkyP
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Oct 5 2014, 06:12 PM) *

QUOTE(InkyP @ Oct 5 2014, 07:25 AM) *

I am looking for work so if anyone has heard of something in the sales management or Project management (telecom or software) let me know. If I get a job in the next week or two I will be able to keep my girl.

It's aerospace, not telecom or software, but a sister company of my employer in the Zodiac Aerospace family is looking for a sales manager in Everett.

http://zodiacaerospace.profils.org/offre-d....aspx?LCID=1033

Awesome! I'll apply today.
Daiberl
Who is interested in getting together for a beer next week Tuesday, 10/14? I would suggest either Big E Alehouse in Lynnwood or Prost at Greenwood Ave close to John Walker's shop.
JimN73
Prost might work. Are you thinking about lunch?

by the way, there is a separate thread for breakfast on the 25th - Tanglewood Grill in Gig Harbor at 9:14.
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 6 2014, 12:19 PM) *

Who is interested in getting together for a beer next week Tuesday, 10/14? I would suggest either Big E Alehouse in Lynnwood or Prost at Greenwood Ave close to John Walker's shop.

penciled in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.