Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Daiberl
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Oct 6 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Prost might work. Are you thinking about lunch?

by the way, there is a separate thread for breakfast on the 25th - Tanglewood Grill in Gig Harbor at 9:14.

Jim, saw the thread with breakfast on the 25th but can't make it unfortunately. For 10/14 I was thinking about meeting in the evening for a beer or two, maybe around 7:30 PM.
jsaum
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Oct 7 2014, 03:08 AM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Oct 6 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Prost might work. Are you thinking about lunch?

by the way, there is a separate thread for breakfast on the 25th - Tanglewood Grill in Gig Harbor at 9:14.

Jim, saw the thread with breakfast on the 25th but can't make it unfortunately. For 10/14 I was thinking about meeting in the evening for a beer or two, maybe around 7:30 PM.

I'm in for a beer on the 14th.
Ductech
Big E!
Bleyseng
I can make the Probst on 10/14 in the evening, sounds good.
Daiberl
Ok, looks like Prost got a few more votes, so 10/14 around 7:30 PM, link to Prost: http://www.prosttavern.net/
Daiberl
Bump to the top, tomorrow at 7:30 PM at the Prost at Greenwood Ave.
JimN73
I still intend to make the trip, at least an hour for me. I am going to try to get there a little before 7 and have some extra time in case the trip takes a long time. If I'm actually early, I'll get something to eat.

Anybody else with anearly ETA?
PanelBilly
Doctor said I need to focus on the diet, so I'm out...damn
rhodyguy
jim, i seriously doubt you are going to make it in 1 hour via the bridge. traffic will be nothing like driving to the swap meet. you might consider taking the boat from bremerton, avoiding I-5 altogether and using an alternative like 15th ave nw.
jsaum
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 13 2014, 07:58 PM) *

Doctor said I need to focus on the diet, so I'm out...damn

We can bring some carrot sticks for you and you could dip them in a light beer!
rhodyguy
is there a rule that requires one to consume alcohol? billy, just go, have a diet soda and enjoy the fellowship.
sdthomas
I'll be there.
JimN73
Thanks, Kevin. With wait times, looks like at least 2 hours for the ferry. I think I'lll check traffic abut 5 this afternoon. If it's real bad, I'll ave a beer at home.

Jim

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 14 2014, 07:45 AM) *

jim, i seriously doubt you are going to make it in 1 hour via the bridge. traffic will be nothing like driving to the swap meet. you might consider taking the boat from bremerton, avoiding I-5 altogether and using an alternative like 15th ave nw.

JimN73
Not this time. Rush hour traffic is getting too heavy to tackle. Earlier in the day or on a weekend would make it easy for us in the South Sound
messix
got off work late ... beat tired and sore not gonna make it
Bleyseng
Great fun to see you guys even thou I showed up late.

Rich, why are you driving a Yugo??? barf.gif
rhodyguy
a bunch of old guys.
effutuo101
Yugo's are re skinned fiats. Drive me like you stole em and the are fun.
JimN73
Breakfast on Saturday. Tanglewood Grill in Gig Harbor.

See the breakfast thread.
914work
Its a FORD! Or maybe a Mazda (121)...
Ok its really a Kia rolleyes.gif
helios
Just dropping in to say hi! drunk.gif

This thread needed a serious bump. lol-2.gif
PanelBilly
I'm loosing this week to relatives coming in for thanksgiving but they all go home on friday. Anybody want to help me mountain the exhaust on Saturday?
Daiberl
Wow, last post in the Teener Tuesday is from November last year, that has to change!
Who here has some experience with MFI, my -6 ran fine last time I drove after getting the transmission back in, now it does not want to start. I'm a bit lost finding the problem myself, it's kind of challenging to look in the engine bay while at the same time turning the key in the ignition smile.gif I plan to be in my shop Sunday most of the day so if somebody is interested in helping feel free to ping me, I can provide coffee, soda, beer, ...
- Juergen
Daiberl
The -6 is still not running, who has some time Friday late afternoon / evening to help me troubleshoot?
bradtho
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 23 2015, 09:47 AM) *

The -6 is still not running, who has some time Friday late afternoon / evening to help me troubleshoot?

Wow Juergen, tough crowd around here, huh? I checked with the boss last nite and looks like I'm free on Friday, so I'd love to come help. Not that I know anything about MFI. Doubtful I'll be off work early though. when you planning to start?
sportlicherFahrer
I wouldn't mind running up to lend a hand as well, but wouldn't be able to until next weekend. Booked up with work during the week and fixing my sister's car this weekend.
PanelBilly
I've got the grandkids Friday at dinner time and they're spending the night. I could help on Saturday till 3 or so, if that would help. Sunday I'm busy again. Tom is coming over to help out with the wiring.
Daiberl
Brad, you are right, really tough crowd around here at the moment. Would be great if you can spare a few hours Friday evening, I will be at home around 5 PM I think. I need someone to help checking a few things on the car, mainly around fuel delivery and spark.
Everyone else is welcome to join!
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 26 2015, 05:40 PM) *

Brad, you are right, really tough crowd around here at the moment. Would be great if you can spare a few hours Friday evening, I will be at home around 5 PM I think. I need someone to help checking a few things on the car, mainly around fuel delivery and spark.

i can head down and be there about 5pm
Daiberl
QUOTE(messix @ Feb 26 2015, 07:38 PM) *

Great, let me know if you need my address!
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 26 2015, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Feb 26 2015, 07:38 PM) *

Great, let me know if you need my address!

i remember just down from the res
aircooledtechguy
I would love to come by if only to hang out with you all. Unfortunately I'm super busy with a bunch of family things this weekend. headbang.gif Have fun!! I hope you get it all figured out.
messix
on my way
Daiberl
Troy and Brad came over and helped, we got the car running again with some additional telephone support from Jeff H, looks like I need new spark plugs and have to drive her more often biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 27 2015, 09:20 PM) *

Troy and Brad came over and helped, we got the car running again with some additional telephone support from Jeff H, looks like I need new spark plugs and have to drive her more often biggrin.gif

just make me a set of keys and i'll make sure it gets driven enough driving.gif
messix
and brads car is just SEX ..... drooley.gif
Bleyseng
Where are the pics to prove it???? piratenanner.gif
bradtho
Juergen, I think it's running a little rich, not just because my eyes were watering, but I could smell it in my clothes for the rest of the night!!

Thanks for the complement Troy, there's pics from just after my paint was done in this thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=243159&hl=
sixnotfour
MFI= watery eyes
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 28 2015, 05:04 PM) *

MFI= watery eyes

Jeff H. = O.B Juan. (Yeah, you're that version) biggrin.gif beer3.gif
messix
Jeff H is on my shit list ! headbang.gif smash.gif ar15.gif poke.gif
SLRPY MN
Does this group still get together on tuesdays still, may need to pick some brains for a little more knowledge on my 914... especially if there are some good guys in the area.
messix
not so often right now, there are some south sound guys but they are crotchety old curmudgeons that don't socialize much. lol-2.gif

us guys up north are much more friendly shades.gif
JimN73
Some of us grumpy old farts in the South Sound find that driving to Seattle on a week night during rush hour takes a lot of time and is not fun.

There are half dozen or more teeners on the west side of the sound and some in Tacoma that would probably like to get together for a beer/lunch or breakfast.

We had a pretty good breakfast in Gig Harbor last October that drew some fun loving guys from Seattle, Portland and Anacortes - so it can be done.

SLRPY MN
oh well sweet because im stationed in bremerton and just got my first 914 last friday. I know its on the verge of running its just being finicki... also i kinda am using the generosity of some friends to keep it in their driveway until i can get it moving under its own power or i find my own place with a decent garage to work on it at. sadly i fear the latter is more likely
messix
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Mar 3 2015, 05:21 PM) *

Some of us grumpy old farts in the South Sound find that driving to Seattle on a week night during rush hour takes a lot of time and is not fun.

There are half dozen or more teeners on the west side of the sound and some in Tacoma that would probably like to get together for a beer/lunch or breakfast.

We had a pretty good breakfast in Gig Harbor last October that drew some fun loving guys from Seattle, Portland and Anacortes - so it can be done.

yup that city that thinks no one needs to go any where past it is a pain in the ass to get around.

just getting to that miscreant Kelty360 house takes me an hour and a half!
messix
lets
messix
make
messix
this post
messix
5000 ! cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.