Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
DNHunt
Nice time last night you guys. I got home about 10 and all the ladies were gone. Turns out they bought like $680 worth of kitchen crap. I found out my wife bought a new set of pots and pans on top of that. The good news is she said I don't have to buy her an anniversary present (Ya, right like I'll fall for that trap). Course the bar is lowered considerably and I can probably get by on some little bobble. Anyway thanks for saving me.

Dave
mstein95
You know how it works Dave. Come anniversary time if you say "don't you remember those pots and pans" the next thing you know you'lll be sleeping in the dog house.
chair.gif

BTW - thanks for bringing Kevin with you. The sounds and smells of all those 14's will certainly motivate him to getting his off the jack stands.
clap56.gif
RockinOldSchool
So what would the ideas be for the upcoming Tuesday? I don't know how the drive was for everyone else, but Jim and I rathered enjoyed our shortened commute from Puyallup/Tacoma. Maybe somewhere in the Seattle area once again? How does Pegasus Pizza on Alki Beach sound? Just tossing out an idea, if anyone has a suggestion of their own please speak up.

John
Eric Hagelin
Pizza at Alki Beach sounds good to me - I'm in! Just let me know date, time and place, and I'll be there. In fact, I can't wait!

For some reason, I cannot post the pic from last Tuesday. I've tried a dozen times - it just won't work.
RockinOldSchool
Well the date would be a given.(this upcoming tuesday) Far as time I figured 7:30 or so.

But we'll see who else chimes in here.

John
Bleyseng
On Alki its either Pizza, Mexican(2 spots) or Dukes (we have done that) or the Alki Bakery but no dinner fixens. Too bad Chris Reale isn't around anymore he could get us a discount!
messix
don't forget spuds fish-n-chips!

alki would be fun if it wern't for sucking parking! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Bleyseng
I purposely forgot to mention Spuds as its not so good anymore unless you love 30wt on/in your chips/fish. barf.gif

Iffen you want fish/chips I hear the Sunfish down the block is real good.

Parking always sucks on Alki but such is life as the view is good.

Monique and I walk or rollerblade there alot.
Eddie914
I should be able to find everyone this time ... since Alki is five blocks from home!

Eddie
Bleyseng
Lets have Eddie cook!

jsharp.gif
messix
i second that motion!

beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Why don't we skip dinner and catch the ferry to Bremmerton and take some of the roads to one of the other ferry's and then back around to Seattle? We can pick up and drop off people on the way around. What do you think? Out where we should be. driving. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 25 2006, 07:28 PM) *

alki would be fun if it wern't for sucking parking! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

Troy, learn how to walk more than half a block you sissy. I always just park 1 block off the main drag without any problems. Worse comes to worse we could at least fit a few cars on eddie's lawn (just playin). the oil drops will blend in with everyone elses brown grass. laugh.gif
Eric Hagelin
I like that whole ferry/driving idea best of all.
Bleyseng
I'll take the ferry next Sat to Bremertons AX, thank you.

any drive sounds good as long as its not on a dirt road. sad.gif

914werke
Wow Just got back from a week in Whistler and it looks like I missed a lot sad.gif
On a positive note that is one F'n great road, I was in the S6 packed w/family and roof full of Bikes and I still had a blast dicing with a couple of characters up and down the mountin thumb3d.gif Was constantly on the look out for (Motor) Bikes as they scream up and down the "Sea to Sky" hwy. at breaknek speed (which if you arnt carefull is exactly what youd get! ohmy.gif )
For anyone who hasnt been up there during the summer it was great!
My son and I did no less than four 10-14K rides out of the 7 days we spent there.
The other days we were Hiking w00t.gif
Perfect Weather and a very athletic atmosphere have really spurred me to amp up my excercise....ongoing.
effutuo101
Welcome back! I am glad family vacation was great. It sounds like a highway that we would like. Maybe a run up north for the weekend to visit our norhtern brothers and a day trip up and down the mountain.
Eddie914
So what am I cooking tomorrow night?

Eddie
dinomium
I just might have to show up this week.

And Geoff, we keep sending you down the dirt roads BECAUSE you keep falling for the snipe hunt!

biggrin.gif
RockinOldSchool
Everyone up for something in the Seattle area tomorrow? I apologize for my lack of attendance last week. However, leaving town ended up not being an option for me.
effutuo101
Depends on the weather. I have to be home early becuase my son starts high school in the early AM on Wednesday. I would be up for a couple of hours of hanging out. burnout.gif
RockinOldSchool
Ah yes. I forgot about the "back to school" thing. I get to enjoy two more weeks before I start fall quarter.

And Chris, I haven't forgotten. I'm going to see if my girl can swing by the bank in the morning. Wasn't sure if tomorrow would work for you or not.

I'm off work at 6; so add commute time from Puyallup onto that and I'm free from there on. Anyone know of any funky and or cool places in Seattle for chowtime.gif ?

John
messix
there is a good burger joint in mukelteo just down the hill from paine field. good parking, and run down to the beech by the ferry dock for sunset pictures, and then run up scenic muk. bvd to everett, to the freeway for home bound.
RockinOldSchool
Alright. Mukilteo it is. I'm thinking 7-7:30 meet up?

And were you talking about Z's Burgers on Mukilteo Speedway Troy?

John
Root_Werks
We'd probably be up for something local like Muk burger joint. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
I'm a maybe to show up dry.gif

Schools starting for Zach, busy at work, life is a bitch.

but one a brighter note, looks like I might be going back to Suriname for the Winter bootyshake.gif
mstein95
Sorry - open house at the school tonight.
owned.gif

Sounds like fun.
Root_Werks
Actually, you guys just reminded me. It's my son's first day back at school today and his first track meeting is today as well. I probably won't be able to make it. sad.gif
effutuo101
Lets do the burger place up here. Troy, can you post name and address? Who ever can make it cool!
Chris
Eddie914
No teener tuesday for me.

Open house at one of the kid's school this evneing.

Have a great time.

Eddie
messix
yup Z's burgers 84th and muk. speedway. north east side of intersection, next to gas station.
off I5 at hwy 526 east, past boeing plant. right on 84th, down hill, right at light, then right into Z's.
kevine
I won't be able to make it this week because of the compressed work week. Have fun.

kevine

BTW: Thanks to the VW/Porsche (or Karman) engineers who decided to place a hole through the body (to the front trunk latch) so that I could release my front trunk after the cable broke this weekend. And, thanks to this forum for giving me that information...
messix
i'll be there by 7pm
effutuo101
So the drive home was short. It was good to see Jim and John pull in from the south. John is on his way home chasing Jim (or showing him the way) in his new 914. Good Luck John and welcom to our sickness with your own car! Now for my next project......
Root_Werks
This sucks! I missed someone getting into the "sickness" of owning a 914. biggrin.gif I picked up my son from school yesterday and hung out for his first track session. Man, I kept wanted to toss on my running shoes and join the fun! (Insert running smiley).

Next Tuesday should be back to normal hanging out with the rest of the nuts again. biggrin.gif screwy.gif
effutuo101
Yep, Jim took the 914 for a test drive and couldn't believe the differance hard mounts make. He came back with a grin from ear to ear. I haven't heard from John on how his drive home went, but it should have been a blast.
I dropped my son off for his first day of high school this morning. Sorta scary that it seems like yesterday he was just entering elementry school. blink.gif
Michael J
I just took my car off the jack stands a week ago with it's 2 liter. Need to do some FI and timing tweeking but it sure runs better than the 1.7. I will sure try to join in next Tuesday. driving.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 6 2006, 08:01 AM) *

Yep, Jim took the 914 for a test drive and couldn't believe the differance hard mounts make. He came back with a grin from ear to ear. I haven't heard from John on how his drive home went, but it should have been a blast.
I dropped my son off for his first day of high school this morning. Sorta scary that it seems like yesterday he was just entering elementry school. blink.gif

Hi all,

Sorry it took me so long to check in. Been having a blast driving.gif the 914. As a matter of fact this is the first time I've touched my computer in over 30 hours. (Almost a record for me)
Last night I got to show Jim why he wants hard mounts as I started pulling on him on a short red-light green light race in Puyallup. cool.gif

And for me, the sickness has been around for a while. I was just lacking the car. But now I have no excuses. biggrin.gif

So we need to set something up for next Tuesday and hopefully Chris will have picked up his next project by then.
Root_Werks
Yeah Chris, I heard you sold your 914? Whatcha ya gonna get next? That orange one Jeff has? driving.gif
mstein95
MIKE!! We gotta talk. Didn't realize I had a 914club brother in town clap56.gif (be nice if there was a search function on member locations). Sounds like I'm in the same boat as you - currently with a 1.7 but rebuilding a 2.0.

Not that I can be of any value but let me know if I can help in the "tweeking". I think I have some available time this weekend.
effutuo101
burnout.gif on Jim! Way cool. I have to say that you are putting down a lot more rubber than he is and that does help on the launch.
I am talking with Jeff about the Orange car. We will talk again after he has the motor in and it is running. So, Tueday might be a Passat night for me.
pete-stevers
i may be able to make out next tue....
what is being planned?
going to try to bring sher along! lets-see where do i hide the scrap-books
kevine
Next Tuesday (Sept 12) should work for me. The town of Snohomish would be a good destination, especially Fred's Rivertown Alehouse (good food).

kevine
Root_Werks
Count Michelle and I in for Tuesday. Snohomish is a cool place. Name and we'll be there. driving.gif
Bleyseng
I can make it on Tuesday too. clap56.gif
messix
i should be there too
mstein95
Its early but count me in!!
Haven't driven her in three weeks and a drive to Snohomish would help stretch out the legs.
driving.gif

Anybody else from the South end heading up that would like a shadow?
ph34r.gif
Rand
Fred's in Snohomish

Cool. Hope to make it.
Eric Hagelin
I'll definitely be there!

RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Sep 7 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Anybody else from the South end heading up that would like a shadow?
ph34r.gif

Not positive yet, but Jim and I will more than likely be going. We'd be leaving from either Puyallup or Tacoma. We don't normally head out till about 6:30 or so though. I should REALLY get a new speedo cable in before then if possible though. It'd be really nice to have a general idea of how fast I'm going. dry.gif

Oh ya, and is this a no minors joint? My girl is 20 and I really wanted to go somewhere where I can bring her along. She deserves it; my teener is my birthday present from her. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.