Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
aircooledtechguy
I'll try and make it. Depends if the boss wife doesn't have plans for me already. beerchug.gif
Daiberl
Will be there around 7:45, have to do a few more things before I can get a beer!
PanelBilly
I'm still at work. Looks like I'm not going to make it.
Bleyseng
I am heading out soon piratenanner.gif beer.gif
jsaum
Me too! I should be there a little before 7:00.
aircooledtechguy
So who is heading to the John Walker Porsche Swap meet this Saturday?? Here's the text off the CL ad:

"This is the ONLY Porsche related Swap Meet all year in Seattle.
Lots of 911 parts among other porsche models.

The Annual John Walker's Workshop/PCA/PNWR Swap Meet is Saturday, August 1st.
The time is 8am to 1 pm. The location is the Phinney Neighborhood Association lower parking lot, which is 1/2 block east of N67th st and Phinney ave N, in North Seattle. The address is 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, Wa, 98103. Google that for a map and directions. There is no charge to sell or to shop. This is the one time each year that you can clean the extra stuff out of your garage and get some money back to buy new stuff. The more vendors the better. Vendors, bring your own table, tent, etc., or just lay stuff on the ground. Body parts, interior, wheels, literature etc, etc. it's all there. Porsche related only please. Any questions, call John @ jwworkshop at aol dot com."

For those new to the area, it's a really good Porsche only swap. I'm planning to be there around 8am (maybe just a bit earlier). We can catch a late breakfast/early lunch at a local eatery around 10am or whenever folks are ready. . .

Who's in??
rhodyguy
I was wondering about walker's swap just this am. Last year's worked out pretty well for me.

btw. for those that might be coming from the south end and use the alaskan way viaduct be prepared for traffic HASSLES (i aways used this route)! pretty sure the AWV is going to be closed this weekend due to work on the north end of the battery st tunnel. i would expect south bound I-5 to be a mess also. prep work for the multi billion $ replacement tunnel that may never be finished.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 28 2015, 07:25 AM) *

prep work for the multi billion $ replacement tunnel that may never be finished.

Is this the same group that did the "Big Dig" on the other end of I-90?? huh.gif
rhodyguy
'seattle tunnel partners'? a consortium of high rolling buck passers.
Daiberl
Plan to be there early, breakfast around 10 AM sounds good.
914werke
Im in.
Ive got a few bits I could off & need to come up for air.

I was thinking... perhaps the NW crew should take this opportunity to establish
our own tradition.
Call it the Nord memorial breakfast..?
jsaum
We were also kicking around the idea of a annual Nord memorial run. We should talk about it as well. I plan to sell some stuff but could do breakfast too.
rhodyguy
unsure whether i'll still be there for bfast. try and sell a few things and get out.i'll prob be there before 7. you have to be ahead of the traffic by an hour.
JimN73
Looks like this is Seafair/Fleet Week. What will that do the the trip from South of Seattle - before and after breakfast?

rhodyguy
jim, the biggest impact this weekend will be on sunday due to the hydroplane races. saturday will be a hassle due to road construction and later in the afternoon as there is at least a mariners game. perhaps a sounders game too. you'll be long out of town before they start.
PanelBilly
Bump for those of us are no missed the details on the walker swap a thon
a914622
I just got the truck loaded. Got a lot o stuff to get rid of. Should I bring the 914 Fuchs??
Are you guys talking about breakfast before the swap or during?
bradtho
I'm going to try to get there early enough to make sure all the other CSOBs don't take all the good stuff. see you guys there.
PanelBilly
We didn't get a project finished today and now I need to work. Too sad
rhodyguy
prioritize.
sportlicherFahrer
No posts in over a month..... WTF.gif What's everyone doing these days? Getting their cars ready for 9-14? Who's pulling the jackstands for next Monday? Any interest in doing a group drive/lunch or dinner?

I finally have vacation time AND a driving 914 biggrin.gif
PanelBilly
9/14 and I'm going to have my car ready for its "coming out" party! Weather says sunny and 73 degrees. I don't have any work projects that day and my boss (Julie) said go for it. Now just need to figure out the right location.
rhodyguy
a monday?
sportlicherFahrer
Yeah, Monday.....

If enough of us want to get together and do something, cool. If not Monday, then those of us who don't have anything going on for the 19th could do the 1st Annual Nord run? Posted a bump there today as well. Haven't heard about any local happenings for a while.
rhodyguy
seriously? a MONDAY? like early evening in seattle? on a nice evening? i'll be in utah. as the weather looks good you guys should go to alki.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 7 2015, 04:12 PM) *

seriously? a MONDAY? like early evening in seattle? on a nice evening? i'll be in utah. as the weather looks good you guys should go to alki.

Parking is always a pain on Alki on nice evenings.
rhodyguy
I know biggrin.gif . Perfect storm when you factor in commute traffic. wacko.gif
PanelBilly
Time and location is set. See my thread for the details.
sportlicherFahrer
+1 for Monday
sportlicherFahrer
Still trying to figure out plans for tomorrow. Anyone up for finding a relatively dry location with good food/drink? I'm halfway tempted to cruise out to Leavenworth to hit up King Ludwig's.
Eddie914
Should I put on the "wet weather slicks" or the "dry weather slicks"?

Jim, are you in for the GhostFish?

Cheers,

Eddie
sportlicherFahrer
Ghostfish got cancelled. Still up for doing dinner or something though.
Eddie914
Cancelled???? Threat of rain??? WTF???

Is Billy leaning towards the "Chees and Wine" side of life?

Cheers,

Eddie
PanelBilly
Cheese, wine, beer, steak, pizza. I like them all way too much. I'm game for dinner. Anyone want to pick a place?
Bleyseng
So no West Seattle meet? WTF....

jsaum
That's what it sounds like but a possible dinner get together. Anyone have a good place to suggest?
sportlicherFahrer
I'm headed out to the garage to hunt down an engine noise. Still down for meeting up tonight. I don't want to be the one to make the decision on time or place just in case I get too busy or go for a drive far enough away that I don't make it back for dinner. That being said, if you guys would like to come down and help out/BS while I am poking at the car PM me for my address down here in lovely Tacoma.

IPB Image
sportlicherFahrer
Pegasus at 7ish?
PanelBilly
Just got home and saw this. Damn work. I'm headed to the garage to fix a couple chips in the paint
Eddie914
Jim ... sorry. It would have been fun. I saw your post too late ... and I did not get my project finished until 8:00pm (Tuesday 09/15/15 deadline).

I'm there with you Billy. Work gets in the way of life sometimes.

Cheers,

Eddie
greenie
See the Nord run thread for Saturdays plan! driving.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Pulling the engine tomorrow afternoon/evening. If any of you guys want to swing by drop me a PM for my address. Depending on who all might come by and weather, I may swing by the store to grab some brats to grill and beverages to chill. No 914 required. beer3.gif jsharp.gif
PanelBilly
I'm home for the next 2 weeks and then we go on vacation again. I need to clean the car up to deliver to Griots on November 2nd. Anybody want to do a Tuesday night or stop by over the weekend, I'll appreciate the help
JimN73
Maybe Sunday the 18th or the 25th?

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 10 2015, 08:12 PM) *

I'm home for the next 2 weeks and then we go on vacation again. I need to clean the car up to deliver to Griots on November 2nd. Anybody want to do a Tuesday night or stop by over the weekend, I'll appreciate the help

PanelBilly
I leave on the 24th for yet my 3rd vacation in October.
JimN73
PNWR get together.

I'm meeting with a new member, Jett, to deliver a swaybar that he is buying.

We decided to have lunch, join us.

Saturday, Oct 17
Elliot bay Brewery
Burien, WA

11:30.
JimN73
No one for lunch?

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Oct 13 2015, 02:55 PM) *

PNWR get together.

I'm meeting with a new member, Jett, to deliver a swaybar that he is buying.

We decided to have lunch, join us.

Saturday, Oct 17
Elliot bay Brewery
Burien, WA

11:30.

bradtho
anybody got a front valence they'd sell me? turns out that running your car nice and low and then backing up over a speedbump is a pretty efficient form of removal!

looking for std front valence (my car is a 72, but I don't think these changed until 75 if ever, except for the LE's of course). reasonably straight and rust free. I'm going to paint it so if condition is good, it doesn't have to be pretty.
rtalich
QUOTE(bradtho @ Dec 9 2015, 01:22 PM) *

anybody got a front valence they'd sell me? turns out that running your car nice and low and then backing up over a speedbump is a pretty efficient form of removal!

looking for std front valence (my car is a 72, but I don't think these changed until 75 if ever, except for the LE's of course). reasonably straight and rust free. I'm going to paint it so if condition is good, it doesn't have to be pretty.

I've got one. I believe it's from American International Racing... the 914-918 Model.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Rob
bradtho
QUOTE(rtalich @ Dec 9 2015, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(bradtho @ Dec 9 2015, 01:22 PM) *

I've got one. I believe it's from American International Racing... the 914-918 Model.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Rob

Thanks, but looking for stock.

C'mon Kevin, you probably have 3 of these sitting around somewhere don't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.