Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
messix
bounced this up for the new guy JPK
PanelBilly
Anyone else planning to go to the Lemay's event next Saturday?
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 14 2016, 09:26 AM) *

Anyone else planning to go to the Lemay's event next Saturday?

The balloon powered car challenge?
Bruce Hinds
Dang - I've got to work our seaplane booth at the Aviation Tradeshow.
PanelBilly
Drive the blues away event and it's the 27th. 2 weeks out. Drinks eats music and cars
JTdevine
What is the event and where is it? Just curious pretty new to site would like to try and meet some other people with these cars.
JimN73
QUOTE(JTdevine @ Feb 14 2016, 04:37 PM) *

What is the event and where is it? Just curious pretty new to site would like to try and meet some other people with these cars.

In Tacoma, here's the link

https://www.americascarmuseum.org/
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
Daiberl
Can't make the 27th, wife has other plans, but would love to get together in the next weeks. Might need some help to get the engine out of the -6 so that I can get the car ready to go to MN for bodywork.
aircooledtechguy
We're planning to go the following weekend for my son Josh's B-day (belated). He's a leap-day kid and he's turning 4 y/o. . . 'Course, if we count like that he'll NEVER move out,. . . Soooo, we're calling him 16 this year. shades.gif
Bruce Hinds
Dang . . . I won't be able to make it either. Let's plan a spring thing though . . .
mountainroads
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Feb 15 2016, 07:51 AM) *

Dang . . . I won't be able to make it either. Let's plan a spring thing though . . .

Would like that too. My car might be done sometime this year piratenanner.gif

- MR
jsaum
Anyone up for a beer this week or next? North or south end let me know!

Jsaum
Daiberl
Might need some help Friday evening, starting to get the engine out and a few other things. Plan would be to start around 6 PM, I have beer on tap smile.gif
jsaum
I might be available Friday just have to line up a baby sitter, I'll keep you posted.
PanelBilly
I can make it Friday.
Daiberl
Perfect! Will try to get a pizza or two depending on how many people can come and help. Elliott Bay Brewing Lake City IPA on tap as well as a lighter Fremont Ale!
Daiberl
Work gets in the way of fun sad.gif I have to be in the office Friday until late so no engine drop for the -6. I plan now to work on the car on Sunday so in case somebody wants to help the offer with beer and pizza still stands, plan is now to start Sunday around 5 PM.
jsaum
Sorry, I'm busy Sunday.
bradtho
You still planning on this tonite Juergen? If so, I'm good with helping. You need an extra jack?
Daiberl
Still planning to work in the shop but will not be able to drop the engine tonight. Simply too much other stuff, I have to get the oil out, everything is still connected and the heat exchangers and so on are also still on the engine. Is someone wants to stop by and help you are always welcome!
sportlicherFahrer
I am also working on pulling my engine tonight. I know it is short notice, but if anyone down around Tacoma is looking for something to do, there's always cold beer in the fridge. No work required. PM or call/text for location if you want to swing by for a bit. Pretty close to 56th and Yakima for those who know the area.
sportlicherFahrer
Had her back solid on jack stands just in time for dinner.

IPB Image
bradtho
Nice job Jim, jealous of all that room you have to work with.

I think I have that same exact "custom engine dolly".
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you Brad.

The extra room is nice. Sure beats working on the car out of my parent's one car garage a couple years back. Picked up this shop for a good price, and it came with a detached house! biggrin.gif

I'd be lost without the "custom" dolly for sure.
rhodyguy
Jim, Are you going to install that set of fancy heads?
914werke
No Way! you got your heads back ~!
sportlicherFahrer
I've had my original heads back for a while now. If I install them, the warranty goes out the window. I can only get the one bad head warrantied, and will have to either assume the other head had better work done on it or pay for it myself. Still thinking about what I will do. She will be running one way or another for the rally though.
rhodyguy
The ones done in Spanaway are bad? What good is a warranty that goes away when parts are put into service?
sportlicherFahrer
The ones I had rebuilt in University Place are great. It's the ones that came on the engine I bought last year that are bad. So different set of heads. The ones I had done on my dime aren't part of the warranty deal, and I want to save them for a GA motor that will have a closer number to my build date instead of a GC block.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 29 2016, 01:20 PM) *

I've had my original heads back for a while now. If I install them, the warranty goes out the window. I can only get the one bad head warrantied, and will have to either assume the other head had better work done on it or pay for it myself. Still thinking about what I will do. She will be running one way or another for the rally though.

Jim,

?Rally? when is that? I missed that in the thread?
sportlicherFahrer
The WCR in May. Never been to one yet. Not missing this one!
Bruce Hinds
WCR - what date in may and where is it going to be. I may even be running by then.

another Army Vet
sportlicherFahrer
Check out the thread HERE. Should be a blast.
jsaum
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 28 2016, 01:56 PM) *

Still planning to work in the shop but will not be able to drop the engine tonight. Simply too much other stuff, I have to get the oil out, everything is still connected and the heat exchangers and so on are also still on the engine. Is someone wants to stop by and help you are always welcome!

I might be available for a few hours in the evening this week Tuesday-Thursday, let me know if you need a hand.
Daiberl
QUOTE(jsaum @ Feb 29 2016, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 28 2016, 01:56 PM) *

I might be available for a few hours in the evening this week Tuesday-Thursday, let me know if you need a hand.

Thanks for the offer Tuesday - Thursday every evening something going on, Tuesday and Thursday dinner with clients and Wednesday daughters lacrosse sad.gif I think I have everything ready to drop the engine on Sunday, would love to get it done before end of March. Might need some help Sunday afternoon smile.gif
max72914
I say you all come up to Bellingham where I have yet to meet any teeners and rip around Chuckanut Drive! It's an awesome little cruise. I'd love to meet some local people eventually, have only seen one 914 here since I got mine on the road. I'm 17, so I'm pretty sure my somewhat strict parents wouldn't let me go to Issaquah yet!
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(max72914 @ Feb 29 2016, 10:05 PM) *

I say you all come up to Bellingham where I have yet to meet any teeners and rip around Chuckanut Drive! It's an awesome little cruise. I'd love to meet some local people eventually, have only seen one 914 here since I got mine on the road. I'm 17, so I'm pretty sure my somewhat strict parents wouldn't let me go to Issaquah yet!

There's a second seat. . . Bring one of them along. biggrin.gif

Glad to see a younger guy with a teener and semi close too. There are a few of us in the north-end. After the road to Artist point opens up in the mid-summer, I want to organize a run up the mountain and see if we can drag a few of the south sound guys up this way. It's hard to get them out of the traffic down there.
jsaum
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Mar 1 2016, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(max72914 @ Feb 29 2016, 10:05 PM) *

There's a second seat. . . Bring one of them along. biggrin.gif

Glad to see a younger guy with a teener and semi close too. There are a few of us in the north-end. After the road to Artist point opens up in the mid-summer, I want to organize a run up the mountain and see if we can drag a few of the south sound guys up this way. It's hard to get them out of the traffic down there.

It's about time to start talking about the second annual Nord run to Artist point. July / August? Let's start picking a date!
Jsaum
aircooledtechguy
I'm actually wanting to host this event and throwing a little post-run BBQ at the shop. We could probably do it in July since the winter was mild. It really depends on when the road opens and the road condition. That has always determined the date of this run. We'll know more by WCR 2016. Still too early to plan anything yet.
Daiberl
Finally all ready to drop the engine from the -6 this Sunday, could use some help so if somebody has time late afternoon/early evening let me know! Can offer Pizza and beer.
jsaum
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Mar 11 2016, 04:29 PM) *

Finally all ready to drop the engine from the -6 this Sunday, could use some help so if somebody has time late afternoon/early evening let me know! Can offer Pizza and beer.

I might be able to come over for a few hours to help it will depend if the wife has to work Sunday. I'll let you know Sunday morning if I can make it.
PanelBilly
I've got a dinner to prepare and serve so I'm out. Sorry
bradtho
I'm in. What time are you planning to start?
Daiberl
Plan is to start around 5 PM. Will have to pick up my daughter from Lacrosse at 4 PM so earlier is not possible.
JTdevine
Id be willing to lend a hand if you need it. Im new here but would like to meet some of you guys, would also need adress.
Daiberl
QUOTE(JTdevine @ Mar 13 2016, 10:48 AM) *

Id be willing to lend a hand if you need it. Im new here but would like to meet some of you guys, would also need adress.

Will PM you my address, we can always use an additional set of hands.
Ductech
49 days and I make a final return to the PNW!
Daiberl
Power outage because of wind storm, don't think we will be able to drop the engine, no light in the shop and no lift. Will update thread in case I get power back but as it looks no with work session at my house today!
Daiberl
Still no power in Lake Forest Park so no engine drop today sad.gif I hope we get the power back soon but does not look good. New plan is now to drop the engine on Friday and helping hands are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.