Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
sixnotfour
John glad you got a 914, remeber its older than you are. smash.gif Chris is On the orange car , All works out .
cant make tues. going here. see ya burnout.gif .
RockinOldSchool
Jeff,

Thanks! Great to have joined the family. smile.gif

And don't worry I remember that the car's got 15 years or so on me.
Hell, that's one of the things I absolutely love about it.

Well, enjoy the tech show and we'll see ya when you get back.
kevine
Fred's is family (and young girlfriend) friendly. Just keep her out of th bar...

kevine
rhodyguy
"short red-light green light race in puyallup". start saving for your backup transmission, sourcing cv joints, and the "comparing speed" tickets. look for a few rear trailing arms for when you put your car into a curb. ask jim how much fun that is.

k
messix
kill joy!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 8 2006, 08:03 AM) *

"short red-light green light race in puyallup". start saving for your backup transmission, sourcing cv joints, and the "comparing speed" tickets. look for a few rear trailing arms for when you put your car into a curb. ask jim how much fun that is.

k

I'm actually not into hauling ass everywhere I go. I was just interested in seeing how mine would compare to Jim's. (One time kinda deal, 2 blocks from a slow roll with the clutch out.) I received more than my fair share of speeding tickets in my Infiniti when I was in highschool and am not in any hurry to receive anymore. (Haven't so much as been pulled over in over 2 years. biggrin.gif ) I know how sensitive these transaxles are and have been keeping that at the front of my mind. I'd much rather just cruise and enjoy myself than bring my drivetrain to an early death. I'll push the car a little; but I'm not going to beat the hell out of it.

And far as Fred's, that'll work for me then. Just wanted to make sure I bring her with.

John
messix
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Sep 8 2006, 12:44 PM) *

k

I'm actually not into hauling ass everywhere I go. I was just interested in seeing how mine would compare to Jim's. (One time kinda deal, 2 blocks from a slow roll with the clutch out.) I received more than my fair share of speeding tickets in my Infiniti when I was in highschool and am not in any hurry to receive anymore. (Haven't so much as been pulled over in over 2 years. biggrin.gif ) I know how sensitive these transaxles are and have been keeping that at the front of my mind. I'd much rather just cruise and enjoy myself than bring my drivetrain to an early death. I'll push the car a little; but I'm not going to beat the hell out of it.

And far as Fred's, that'll work for me then. Just wanted to make sure I bring her with.

John

what a WUSS! your wasting your youth by not doing stupid reckless stuff! happy11.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 8 2006, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Sep 8 2006, 12:44 PM) *

k

John

what a WUSS! your wasting your youth by not doing stupid reckless stuff! happy11.gif

Like burning up other peoples clutches? av-943.gif
914werke
Bummer sad.gif yet another out of town excuse.
This time its Santa Barbara happy11.gif Might have to look up Zois.
Chris so did it sell?
Jeff are you talking the Pumpkin?
Geoff when are we gonna finish tuning tht MPS on the 1911?
Kev git yer car off jackstands and joing the crew sometime.
John Welcome Live life ...its good to burn it sometimes!!

thumb3d.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Sep 8 2006, 03:58 PM) *

Geoff when are we gonna finish tuning tht MPS on the 1911?

thumb3d.gif

Better do it soon as I "might" be outta town soon and for awhile.....if you can drive it into my neck of the woods we can do it afterwork.
effutuo101
Hey Rich!
Yes on the sell,
Yes on the pumpkin

Find twisty corner, select gear, go!
Michael J
Looks like I will be on the road Tuesday & Weds and won't be able to get home to pick up the 914. Have fun.

MORGAN, It's great to see that there is another teener in Oly. I was feeling a little lonely. Hey, I got the tweeking done and she runs great. Tuesday would have been a nice run to see how many nuts and bolts i left loose.

Next time.

Virgil
Wish i could be there the meet tuesday but sadly I won't be.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 8 2006, 12:49 PM) *

Hey now, I'm still having plenty of fun with it. And as I said, I'll push it. But that doesn't mean I have to beat the hell out of it. Regardless of some peoples beliefs those two don't have to go hand in hand.
Bleyseng
Come out to the PCA AX at Bremerton and play. Its where you can let it all out. You learn how to drive too and be humbled by the experienced guys. biggrin.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
smooth_eddy
So it's Fred's huh? What time on Tues 9/12? Maybe I can make this one? Eddy
messix
i should be there about 7-7:30, have to go to daughters soccor practice first.
mstein95
Are the WA ferries teener friendly? I will be over in the Bremerton area on Tuesday and was thinking about taking the ferry instead of driving around.

Mike - good to hear you're running smoothly again. Hope you can join us next time.
Barry Johnson
Hey guys! Geoff referred me to this site and these gatherings you host. Check my sig for my cars. My 914 was a SUPER find...
I'm very active in the 928 community, and partially with the 944 turbo guys, and now just starting with you 914 lot. Its directly relative to the amount of time I've owned the cars wink.gif.

I live off of 196th in Lynnwood, close to the mall, so getting to Fred's is as simple as 524 to Hwy 9, to 2nd. I'll be there tomorrow!!
Look for a 20s guy with long'ish hair possibly in a white 928.

How many will be attending?
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Barry Johnson @ Sep 11 2006, 02:22 PM) *

How many will be attending?

First off... welcome.png

Second... This is looking like it's going to be a pretty big meet. (At least compared to last week. LOL)
Hope to see you there.

I believe one of the screws in my 75 heads is coming loose. So if that's all it is I'll most definately be there.

John
Virgil
I will be there for tuesday change of schedule. Were is it located this time? Its my first so I would love to go before I have to leave my 914 again.
effutuo101
Cool! I will be there around 6:30. Looking forward to meeting more teener peeps! I will probably be in the Passat. Rich, are you going to be around?
effutuo101
I believe:
Fred's River Town Ale House
1114 1st St
Snohomish, WA 98290
(360) 568-5820

Correct?
Rand
Yep. I posted a google map link above.
messix
see you all tomorrow night. i'll be there about 7-7:30
Virgil
Wow, I live not 5 mintues from there, see u all tomorow! Is that PM or AM?
messix
QUOTE(Virgil @ Sep 11 2006, 10:01 PM) *

Wow, I live not 5 mintues from there, see u all tomorow! Is that PM or AM?

sorry. that would be 19:00 hr
sportlicherFahrer
Well, if all goes well, I will be pulling up next to John(rockinoldschool). I am also looking forward to meeting some new faces!
Root_Werks
This week is starting to sound like a good turn out. driving.gif Michelle and I will be there. I am guessing almost 15-20 people now? boldblue.gif
DNHunt
Can't make it. Parked waiting on parts. Have a good time guys.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 12 2006, 06:58 AM) *

Can't make it. Parked waiting on parts. Have a good time guys.

Dave

Now what?

(DaveHunt, owner/operator of the perpetual engine rebuild) biggrin.gif

Yep, looks like I can be there.
Virgil
CAn't wait to be there and yes 19:00 is correct.
DNHunt
Same old sh#t. Burning oil like a 2 cycle, Leakdown is 55, 40 50, 58% across the board. Rings, rings, rings. Part of this is one me though. I followed the instructions on the KB website and what was supplied with the pistons. Top ring gap was set .028 and lower oil scraper to .065. Jake says I shouldn't have touched the rings. No instructions from him though and he was in France. So, out it comes again and apart it comes. No sense driving it anymore until it's fixed. Sh#ts getting old. It's getting close to becoming an anchor.

There I feel better now
Virgil
Ouch, sound like its been a pain. Look forward to my eventual breakdown.
dinomium
I will not be attending again, big Suprise there? Doug Hanson is coming over this evening to pick thru the goodie pile because he bought the red car from my yard!
I just might make one before the weather changes...

Dave, you can "store" that anchor overhere if you are sick of looking at it!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 12 2006, 07:50 AM) *

Same old sh#t. Burning oil like a 2 cycle, Leakdown is 55, 40 50, 58% across the board. Rings, rings, rings. Part of this is one me though. I followed the instructions on the KB website and what was supplied with the pistons. Top ring gap was set .028 and lower oil scraper to .065. Jake says I shouldn't have touched the rings. No instructions from him though and he was in France. So, out it comes again and apart it comes. No sense driving it anymore until it's fixed. Sh#ts getting old. It's getting close to becoming an anchor.

There I feel better now

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Dino, too bad as we could use a good story. Troy's are getting old..... chairfall.gif
Root_Werks

Dino, too bad as we could use a good story. Troy's are getting old..... chairfall.gif
[/quote]

av-943.gif av-943.gif Wait until Troy spins off about the time he burned up this guys clutch. ohmy.gif av-943.gif
Rand
laugh.gif Oh man. Troy, are you ready for this? I'm feeling for ya already. Be thinking up some good embellishments, because I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be poking fun at "clutch killer" tonight. laugh.gif
kevine
There is now a table reserved at Fred's for 10+ people tonight starting at 5:30 PM, and they know that many people will not show up until after 7:00 PM. The reservation is under Porsche 914/Kevin.

kevine
Root_Werks
Cool, thanks Kevin! chowtime.gif
effutuo101
Kevin, that is great! Thank you for thinking ahead!
Chris
effutuo101
Yes! It was great meeting a bunch of new people and chatting. Good luck Virgil! See you soon. Meanwhile, your dad can bring your car and hang out! biggrin.gif
Take care everybody and have a safe drive home!
Barry Johnson
Hey gang,
Great meeting you all! Seems like a good group of guys who aren't like the 911 bitches. I don't roll with them anyway, I just pass them on the PCA drives wink.gif
You guys seem like the 928 guys though; I think both groups should meet up for a schmooze and cruise sometime. Both groups seem like they'd mesh really well.
Anyway, it was a decent turnout and good to meet some real friendly and kick-back people who love Porsches.
Can't wait to get my little guy on the road!! Trying to turn one of your own into a Shark-lover (928 owner). Bring a new light to your Porsche appreciation wink.gif.

If theres one next week, I'll make sure I bring some horsepower this time. No lame ass Contour.
Bleyseng
That was quite some drive at Sunset up Highway 9 outside of Clearview. Corn fields, fields of mowed hay, lots of cow crap smell, ahh the country. It was pretty and my digital camera had dead batteries! I hadn't been to Snohomish in awhile and its changing fast it seems.

Lots of new faces, Barry and Virgil ( with family in tow), Dan and Michelle, Rand, Chris (a wannabe), Eddie, Kevine, Troy, and the owner of the gold 914. God I am terrible with names...and the barmaid was sweet! (what was her name?)

Barry, let us know how it goes trying to get the engine going on the 914.

Virgil, good to meet you and your just a Raby engine kit away from 170hp!!! Don't Subie it!!! Thats too sweet of a car to convert. PM Lawence (Rusty) he can talk about his experiences in the army with you.
Now we have just got to get you to put of real muffer on the 914. Maybe a Triad or Bursch.....

Where was Rich D???? WTF.gif
Eric Hagelin
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 13 2006, 06:00 AM) *

...and the owner of the gold 914.

That's me. (Eric)

It was indeed a good time. Man, I love seeing all those 914s together in one place. Beautiful cars, everybody! I got a few good pics... but it will have to wait until tonight for me to post them. Someone snapped a pic of the whole group at the table... that'd be a nice pic to see up!

Looking forward to the next Teener Tuesday!

Root_Werks
Yeah, very good times! beerchug.gif Virgil, you and your Dad have a great 914. There were some new faces and I love that. driving.gif The AleHouse was a great spot to meet and much some good food.

Barry, feel free to bring whatever Porsche you have running. I think you'll find as long as you at least have a 914 on jackstands, your "in". biggrin.gif

Eric, great to see you and your wife made it out to another gathering. That color on your 914 sure grows on a person. Looks great!

Chris, what is the deal with your car? I thought you said you drove your Passat or something? It was parked next to mine last night? Did I miss something?

There was some chat about having an actual driving event maybe on a weekend. I think that is a great idea. driving.gif Sequim was mentioned.

I think Matt was taking pictures last night?
Eric Hagelin
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 13 2006, 06:41 AM) *

Eric, great to see you and your wife made it out to another gathering. That color on your 914 sure grows on a person. Looks great! ...There was some chat about having an actual driving event maybe on a weekend. I think that is a great idea. driving.gif Sequim was mentioned...

Thanks, Dan!

I am 100% in agreement about a DRIVE. I'll drop practically anything and everything for a long driving train of 914s.

Incidentally... in July, I was seriously trying to sell my 914 - figured I could use the cash for other, more responsible things, or possibly upgrade my commuter car to a Rabbit or GTI. (My current commuter car is a brand-new Chevy Aveo, which is one more service department visit away from qualifying for the lemon law).

A little over 2 months later:

~ I dreamed about 914s last night (I'm not kidding).

~ I spend a good amount of my spare time trying to figure out how to justify getting another one.

~ I admire the shape of my car as it sits under a car cover.

~ My wife and I have had some recent tension about me dropping $350 on new OEM mirrors, not exactly something I had budgeted or planned for...

~ I keep thinking about selling my house and buying one that has a massive garage or barn that I could convert into the full-on rotisserie 914 workshop.

~ I'm consistently web-surfing this site, Pelican, and about a dozen or so other 914-related sites.

"Hello, my name is Eric Hagelin, and I'm a 914-aholic." Good grief. What have I done? I have a 914 problem. I blame 914world.com.

smile.gif

Root_Werks
Eric, Eric, Eric...... Your so one of us! screwy.gif av-943.gif
Bleyseng
I continue to veto ALL new house plans that Monique designs that don't have a 2 car shop/garage....

IF I am going to build it, it has to have space for a stacking rack ht wise too!

Not too many fights over this......

Had a fun time at Fred's so it was worth the drive.
effutuo101
Hi Dan, My old car was parked next to you last night. John and Lindsey (sp) the new owners showed up late with Jim and Sabrina.
My son now thinks that he needs a car to learn how to drive and autox.Gonna have to keep my eyes open for something as he is growing up way to fast.
So, since I have achieved wannabe status I think that my next trick will to bring my wifes saturn and go race it... biggrin.gif
Have a great week everybody
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.