Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
rjames
I'm going to try and go. Thanks for posting.
scallyk9
I live close by in Kirkland so the Bumblebee with a lying voltmeter might make the short trip. Will be there.
PanelBilly
This Saturday is the Greenwood car show. I plan to meet up with my brother early in the morning to make sure we get a good spot. Anyone else going? Interested in driving in together so we can park side by side? Its going to be sunny and warm.
Evil Older Brother
I will icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif this as my Mustang club has a section set aside right in front of the Naked City Brewpub. Just a few Fords and some room for 'teeners if they wish to join. Baby Brother Billy will be there with me but any and all of you wishing to join are welcome.
Daiberl
Will stop by, probably not showing a car but the show is really great and a lot of cars.
PanelBilly
Join me Sunday (25th) at the sea tac gardens for the Rotary Summer Sip. It's a fundraiser. $25 gets you unlimited tastings of wine beer and if I understand right, some hard stuff. I have tickets so you don't need to buy n line. It's from 3-7. Let me know if you want more information.
PanelBilly
We have a fellow teener visiting from Atlanta this week and tentatively, he and his son will be over at my place Monday night. The weather should be great, so come on down. PM me for my address in Kent. We're thinking 7:00.

Kevin, the traffic might be light enough for you by that time of the evening....
rhodyguy
I'll try. I'd leave at 7 if traffic has clamed down. Crap shoot. 1/2 hour dependent where you live. Send me your address.
PanelBilly
It's tonight bump
sportlicherFahrer
Hanging out in the garage today working on car projects and prepping the 914 to get picked up tomorrow for some overdue work welder.gif . Anyone that wants to swing by for a bit is welcome. Got chairs, beer, and could be persuaded to grill some dogs/burgers.... PM/call/text for for address if interested. If not, enjoy the sun with a topless drive! Wish I could...

IPB Image
pete-stevers
It would be great to come down and see some of you guys!
Lets plan a date for burgers and brews( or meet a a cool Brewery) drunk.gif ... I can bring some Mennonite Farmer sausage
Although both of my teeners don't have engines in them... dry.gif
And just a thought ... I have space for a Tranny Clinic in the old barn...Maybe next spring piratenanner.gif
And plenty of place for camping
pete-stevers
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 8 2017, 04:22 PM) *

It would be great to come down and see some of you guys! How is July 25?
Lets plan a date for burgers and brews( or meet a a cool Brewery) drunk.gif ... I can bring some Mennonite Farmer sausage
Although both of my teeners don't have engines in them... dry.gif
And just a thought ... I have space for a Tranny Clinic in the old barn...Maybe next spring piratenanner.gif
And plenty of place for camping

sportlicherFahrer
Hey Steve! The 25th would be cool, but I can't do the Tuesday meets anymore since I'm swing shift now.

There are a couple things going on this weekend that some may want to check out. I will probably be at both events, sans 914.

Vintage Meet
PanelBilly
I'm driving down to Portland this Saturday morning. Anybody want to join us?
Daiberl
This Saturday is John Walker Swap Meet, not sure I can make it but wanted to give a heads up to the group.
JimN73
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 25 2017, 08:30 PM) *

This Saturday is John Walker Swap Meet, not sure I can make it but wanted to give a heads up to the group.

I've been there only once ot twiceeand understand that the volume of 914 stuff is declining. But, I have some stuff I'd like to pass on to someone else. If I have 4 more pieces that I can put together, I'll probably show up.

Lunch??????????????
piscean914
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jul 25 2017, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 25 2017, 08:30 PM) *

I've been there only once ot twiceeand understand that the volume of 914 stuff is declining. But, I have some stuff I'd like to pass on to someone else. If I have 4 more pieces that I can put together, I'll probably show up.

Lunch??????????????

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-nor...9th-2017-a.html
bradtho
thanks for posting Juergen, I would have missed out. not that I'm likely to buy anything, but it's always fun to poke around and dream that you'll find the right treasure!
PanelBilly
I need to work. Was hoping to bring my Triad muffler this year and find a new home for it. Is anyone going to be selling who would sell it for me?
rhodyguy
I won't be there this year.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I'll be bringing a new set of PMB restored front brake calipers, new koni front struts, and a "GT" spoiler. Feel free to PM if interested.

PanelBilly- what engine size was the Triad for?
Rhodyguy- sorry to miss you this year.

Andrew
bradtho
does anyone have a functional 1.7 ECU I could borrow? I'm having a terrible time debugging a problem and would like to eliminate this as a problem. I won't bother listing all the things we've tried so far, but I've got nice diagnostic proof that much of my engine is running really well!

JimN73
There were about as many vendors as there were buyers at the swap meet. Only a few with 914 stuff. The vendors may have been the biggest buyers.

But, the reason for the message.

There was a fellow there with a console with gauges and bracket. My plans are changing and I'd like to talk to him. So, if you're out there, please send a PM.

If anyone can put me in touch - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
rhodyguy
Andrew might know. Leeds Gullick?
JimN73
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 4 2017, 08:04 AM) *

Andrew might know. Leeds Gullick?

He's a member here, and he told me his login. But, CRS you know
rhodyguy
Shoulda just bought the package slap.gif . Like when I bought that 912E motor. When you know it's right, you go for it.

Took me a minute to figure out CRS. Now I've forgotten what it means.... confused24.gif
piscean914
hey guys - my parking lease is running out at the end of this month - i'm looking to rent a secure parking space for my collector car(s) - seattle area would be best - please let me know if you have anything available for if you have any leads - thanks for looking - brad k!
tazz9924
Does anyone have a spare rear brake rotor in wa i need one today literally
rhodyguy
Check your messages.
bradtho
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Aug 4 2017, 08:01 AM) *

There were about as many vendors as there were buyers at the swap meet. Only a few with 914 stuff. The vendors may have been the biggest buyers.

There was a fellow there with a console with gauges and bracket. My plans are changing and I'd like to talk to him. So, if you're out there, please send a PM.

Thanks

I believe his screen name is TBONE425. He's more active on the bird board than here. He's a good guy, and those gauges are priced nicely. I bought a 901 gearbox from him, it was a great deal.
JimN73
QUOTE(bradtho @ Aug 4 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Thanks

I believe his screen name is TBONE425. He's more active on the bird board than here. He's a good guy, and those gauges are priced nicely. I bought a 901 gearbox from him, it was a great deal.

That's him, I sent a PM to see if he knows the guy with the console.

Is there a chance that you know how to get in touch with him?

Thanks,

Jim
bradtho
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Aug 4 2017, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(bradtho @ Aug 4 2017, 11:42 AM) *

Thanks

That's him, I sent a PM to see if he knows the guy with the console.

Is there a chance that you know how to get in touch with him?

Thanks,

Jim

no, here & the pelican are the only ways I know to connect with him. I think he lives in the Newcastle area.
bradtho
I saw Ben's 3.2 at carillon point today (Pca show). Never did see you Ben, kept looking.

2 other teeners, a tangerine 6 that I hadn't seen before, thought it was Mike's at first, and a silver BUB car.
sixnotfour
he is a couple year new owner and recently had it redone ...
bradtho
hey gang, a few of you may know from a thread in the classifieds, but I got hit about a month ago. the other insurance has accepted full liability, but they (allstate) are declaring it a loss. Is anyone familiar with how loss/salvage titles work in WA? I feel its worth continuing to fight this by getting a lawyer because otherwise I take a forever hit to the value of the car due to the loss declaration. so if anyone has an insurance lawyer recommendation let me know.

has anyone ever dealt with these title issues in our state to give me some input?

and because all good threads need pics, I'll include this even though it's depressing.
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
Do not allow them to total it. Hire an appraiser. They should be able to appraise pre accident. Will be worth it in the long run.
PanelBilly
This Sunday there's a VW meet at XXX on Sunday.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
QUOTE(bradtho @ Sep 14 2017, 08:04 PM) *

hey gang, a few of you may know from a thread in the classifieds, but I got hit about a month ago. the other insurance has accepted full liability, but they (allstate) are declaring it a loss. Is anyone familiar with how loss/salvage titles work in WA? I feel its worth continuing to fight this by getting a lawyer because otherwise I take a forever hit to the value of the car due to the loss declaration. so if anyone has an insurance lawyer recommendation let me know.

has anyone ever dealt with these title issues in our state to give me some input?

and because all good threads need pics, I'll include this even though it's depressing.
Click to view attachment

PM sent- Galileo Law is a diminished value attorney and advertises in the PNW region PCA magazine. They are located in Seattle.- Sorry to hear and good luck! Andrew
bradtho
QUOTE(Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You @ Sep 18 2017, 11:30 AM) *

PM sent- Galileo Law is a diminished value attorney and advertises in the PNW region PCA magazine. They are located in Seattle.- Sorry to hear and good luck! Andrew

thanks Andrew. I've been talking w/ them this weekend. His position basically comes down to the Hagerty Concourse value being set around $23.5k. My interior isn't restored and it's a driver so not clean everywhere, making it hard to justify concourse condition. He suggests that any additional money I was able to get from Allstate would likely be offset by the legal fees to get there. so my options at this point seem to be:
- buy the totaled car and live with the salvage title (I'm not likely to go this route)
- find another body shop to do the work for less and rework the deal with Allstate
- take the money and run. they'll write me a check for $22k right now.

I'll make my decision this week sometime.
Rocky
It's horrible to see a nice car go down. So sorry for you Andrew, I have bad dreams of that very thing happening to mine more often than I like. May I ask what you ended up doing? I totaled a truck, bought it back for a song after they paid me and fixed it. I ended up in the end with a free truck, that was 15 years ago and I still have it.
bradtho
I haven't yet made it official, but I'm going to let the car go. I just can't see buying the car back, putting more money in it to bring it back, and then completing the 6 conversion I was about to do, only to have the car be worth less than now due to carrying a salvage title.

Now before you jump to "Agreed Value Insurance" I haven't been able to find anyone to cover me with it for a daily driver. well, Chubb did agree, but they wanted $4500/year which is outrageous.

I was OK being upside down in the car, but hadn't really put much thought into the accident or stolen scenario. these things would discourage me from using it which is the whole point, so my next car will be a normally valued car. I'm currently thinking of getting an 80's carrera and keeping it stock.
bradtho
it's final, they towed the car away this week. I'm not sure where it's headed, but could be quite a nice win for someone at auction. 20k on rebuilt 1.7, weidmann restored 15x7 fuchs, raised spindle 911 front struts with alfa brembo's. too much hassle for me, time to move on.

Anyway, I'm working through my parts stash and have a growing pile of stuff that I'd give away free to anyone local. Like any good parts hoarder, some is complete crap and I'll just throw away if no one is interested but some is good stuff that's just not worth the hassle to pack and ship.

I've got another stack of good value parts that I'll list on the classified forum, but would be happy to give a local discount if anyone here is interested in anything.
sixnotfour
I am Very Sad for you Brad,,, On the other hand a Carrera with a G50 trans is an awesome Porsche..
I have a 1987 great 911

most likely it will show up on coparts website
TC 914-8
Hey Brad, sorry to hear about your misfortune, good luck on your next adventure. Hope to see you back in the family again soon.
rjames
QUOTE(bradtho @ Oct 8 2017, 01:35 PM) *

it's final, they towed the car away this week. I'm not sure where it's headed, but could be quite a nice win for someone at auction. 20k on rebuilt 1.7, weidmann restored 15x7 fuchs, raised spindle 911 front struts with alfa brembo's. too much hassle for me, time to move on.

Anyway, I'm working through my parts stash and have a growing pile of stuff that I'd give away free to anyone local. Like any good parts hoarder, some is complete crap and I'll just throw away if no one is interested but some is good stuff that's just not worth the hassle to pack and ship.

I've got another stack of good value parts that I'll list on the classified forum, but would be happy to give a local discount if anyone here is interested in anything.

Sorry to hear this. If you're able to find out when/where it's being auctioned, please let us know.

piscean914
here's the link to the latest alfa club trackday here at pacific raceways - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=318962 - had a great time last time!

Click to view attachment
Hi all -- I'd like to join your community. Back in the 1980s I had a pair of 2.0 914-4s in Arizona. The 75 was crap and I gave it away. The 73 was pretty good, but I left it in Arizona when I first moved to Seattle because everyone in Arizona told me it would just rust away here.

I'm buying a 1970 914 that's been punched out to 2.4 liters and probably still has some kinks. Unfortunately the car is in California, near San Jose, and we haven't decided how to get it up here yet.

I'm going to have a lot of questions for you guys, including who you'd recommend for help getting the dual Dellortos tuned properly.

I've also got a stock 1991 Miata I'd like to keep if I can find a place to park it.

--Michael
davehg
Looks like Bradtho's 1.7 went to auction and sold - last I checked it was in the $3.4k neighborhood. When it was below 1k I was eyeing it to grab as a parts car.

https://abetter.bid/en/43154567-1972-porsche-914

I've seen Panel Billy's teener, and it's nice. Lots of good inspiration for my build.

Would love to organize a get together. Local tavern in Fall City is a great place to meet, and I have room at my shop (hint - the road up to my house is quite the drive). I'd like to wait a few weeks until we finish bolting the suspension and steering onto the body so I'd have something to look at.

98101 - can't you do a nice leisurely drive up 101? Weather is till decent for a while. Or are you worried about the reliability?
QUOTE(davehg @ Oct 30 2017, 12:47 PM) *

98101 - can't you do a nice leisurely drive up 101? Weather is till decent for a while. Or are you worried about the reliability?

Yes, thanks, I'm considering just driving up the coast. One complication is that I have to go overseas Nov 4-11 and my wife doesn't like to be left alone with our small kids so long.
bradtho
hey, thanks for that Dave. nice to know what's happening to it. would love to know the final price. Looks like it still has the Weidmann finished fuchs on it, so there's an easy $1500+ value in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.