Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
KELTY360
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 20 2018, 10:10 AM) *

Marc bring the Red car with a big FS sign. Starts at 10am, Im washing the LE today.

That's my plan. Writing the ad for World classifieds right now.
Daiberl
I plan to drive down with the 911 SC as it looks, the 356 is down there for the body work and I need to check on progress.
JimN73
Look for my yellow one.

How early should I arrive. I went to Griot's Porsche day a couple of weeks ago that started at 10. I got there at 9:30 and it was too late - I made up a parking space near the entrance.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jul 20 2018, 01:50 PM) *

Look for my yellow one.

How early should I arrive. I went to Griot's Porsche day a couple of weeks ago that started at 10. I got there at 9:30 and it was too late - I made up a parking space near the entrance.

Griot’s was crowded because everyone went there instead of the Redmond Town Center show based on how so many of the members were treated at last year’s Porsche day. Seams that many of the models were not framed “worthy” enough to park on the Redmond roads. Griots welcomes everybody, not just the super cars. Not much parking around the Shop.
JimN73
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 20 2018, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(JimN73 @ Jul 20 2018, 01:50 PM) *

Look for my yellow one.

Griot’s was crowded because everyone went there instead of the Redmond Town Center show based on how so many of the members were treated at last year’s Porsche day. Seams that many of the models were not framed “worthy” enough to park on the Redmond roads. Griots welcomes everybody, not just the super cars. Not much parking around the Shop.

Thanks, Billy

Probably a few minutes after 9?
PanelBilly
Sports car races at pacific raceways today and Sunday. Free admission
rhodyguy
I'd be up for PRI tomorrow AM. I'll get burned to a crisp during the after lunch sessions. Is this a SOVREN thing?
Tbrown4x4
Sooooo. About the Nord memorial Breakfast on the 28th? Anything happening for sure, and can I invite myself?
914werke
Im down, but I need to sell a few things 1st
Tbrown4x4
Well. Since I'm not hearing anything about Saturday, I guess I'll make other plans.
Daiberl
Will be there but also plan to sell a few things first.
PanelBilly
Me too
PanelBilly
One of my granddaughters called today to invite me to her swim meet. 8:00 Saturday morning. Guess I’m going to miss the swap meet
rhodyguy
Bring water. It's going to be rather warm. The asphalt on the playground doesn't help. Have fun and make some $.
pete-stevers
one of these days I wouldn't mind having a stripping party! piratenanner.gif
Harlot needs to be stripped of all her goodies...
She has been sitting in the barn for a few yrs... all burnt and all...
I hope to save the flares sawzall-smiley.gif shifter, oil cooler, oil tank
and hopefully some of the suspension
I would provide beer and food beerchug.gif
pete-stevers
one of these days I wouldn't mind having a stripping party! piratenanner.gif
Harlot needs to be stripped of all her goodies...
She has been sitting in the barn for a few yrs... all burnt and all...
I hope to save the flares sawzall-smiley.gif shifter, oil cooler, oil tank
and hopefully some of the suspension
I would provide beer and food beerchug.gif
jcambo7
Well this sucks...accidentally released the clutch while in first gear at a stop light the other day and it cracked my transmission. So I’m wondering if anyone local has one they are willing to sell. headbang.gif
Tbrown4x4
I have an empty case you can have. But it's unusual to pop a case like that without something inside going bang
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Aug 2 2018, 06:17 PM) *

I have an empty case you can have. But it's unusual to pop a case like that without something inside going bang

Yeah I’m concerned that is something that happened. Any way for me to tell if it did?
914werke
James what or where did it "crack"
jcambo7
At the starter mount. Sorry the image is sideways. Posting from my phone.
bradtho
Ouch!

You should post a warning before putting up a picture like that! biggrin.gif
914werke
Thats real odd! Best to pull the trans & inspect.
Does the Starter solenoid still engage the flywheel?
Id take Todd up on his offer otherwise I have one as well.
jcambo7
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 2 2018, 06:51 PM) *

Thats real odd! Best to pull the trans & inspect.
Does the Starter solenoid still engage the flywheel?
Id take Todd up on his offer otherwise I have one as well.

It still starts up. When it happen it sheared off two of the axle bolts on the transmission side and the other two I believe were completely loose since they didn’t shear. I was able to start it in neutral after I looked under the car right after I heard the loud bang
jcambo7
Just pulled the transmission off. Discovered the upper mounting hole for the starter broke also. So I need a new starter. Anybody got one I can buy?
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Aug 2 2018, 06:17 PM) *

I greatly appreciate your offer and would like to do that. I will send you a PM. I put mine in a couple of gears and spun it and I couldn’t hear any grinding and it didn’t bind up at all. Hopefully that’s a good sign.
PanelBilly
All because you dropped the clutch?
jcambo7
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 2 2018, 09:32 PM) *

I think the fact that two of the axle bolts on the left axle were not tight at all, aided in it. The torque sheared the other two axle bolts and possibly threw the axle up into the starter with so much force it caused the case to crack around it. The right axle bolts were all the way tight.
914werke
I've got quite a few spare starters hanging around, If you coming up here to collect that case from Todd...?
jcambo7
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 2 2018, 11:14 PM) *

I've got quite a few spare starters hanging around, If you coming up here to collect that case from Todd...?

I PM’d him. Just waiting for a response but that is the plan. That’d be awesome. PM sent
KELTY360
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Aug 2 2018, 09:07 PM) *

I think the fact that two of the axle bolts on the left axle were not tight at all, aided in it. The torque sheared the other two axle bolts and possibly threw the axle up into the starter with so much force it caused the case to crack around it. The right axle bolts were all the way tight.

That's wild. Were you at idle?
jcambo7
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 3 2018, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Aug 2 2018, 09:07 PM) *

I think the fact that two of the axle bolts on the left axle were not tight at all aided in it. The torque sheared the other two axle bolts and possibly threw the axle up into the starter with so much force it caused the case to crack around it. The right axle bolts were all the way tight.

That's wild. Were you at idle?

Yep.
AfricanHijinx
I also have an empty case that you can have but I am up north
jcambo7
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Aug 3 2018, 10:55 AM) *

Thanks. I will let you know if Todd's doesn't work out. I drive up to Everett a lot to visit my parents so its not too far for me.
AfricanHijinx
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Aug 3 2018, 11:22 AM) *

Thanks. I will let you know if Todd's doesn't work out. I drive up to Everett a lot to visit my parents so its not too far for me.

no problem hope it works out
PanelBilly
I think I have new axle bolts and the right schore washers if you need them
sportlicherFahrer
Anyone have an LE spoiler in good shape collecting dust? In the market for one. Figured I'd ask you folks here before trying the classifieds.
worn
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Aug 3 2018, 11:22 AM) *

Did you notice the starter teeth? Not sure that damage all occurred during the axle incident. Best check the ring gear, which I am sure you would when replacing the transmission.
xmotox
i have two trans that i rebilt at dr evil clinic years ago. and a couple starters. give me a call 253 381 3516 logan
sportlicherFahrer
Is there a Nord memorial drive this year? I don't remember seeing a thread for one...
PanelBilly
I’m in Wilsonville tonight and planning on checking out the world of speed tomorrow at 10 when they open. Anyone want to join us for breakfast?
jcambo7
Just wanted to say thank you to the PNW guys that reached out and offered me a free starter and an empty trans case (914werke, Tbrown4x4 and AfricanHijinx). I ended up buying one of the rebuilt transmissions from xmotox and he gave me a great deal which I am very grateful for. Hopefully I can pay it forward to him, another PNW or 914world member in the future.

Now I am just waiting on new axle bolts, seals, and roll pin arriving Monday.

Is it feasible to put low or medium strength Loctite on the bolts? Or should I just stick with lock washers?
PeeGreen 914
Don't use loctite on these. The lock washers are fine. If you want you can get the pre drilled bolts for safety wire.
rhodyguy
New schnor/bellville? Locking Washers
914werke
agree.gif
Just make sure everything is "CLEAN"
I know some don't use them but I always take this sort of opportunity to
restore/replace grease & use new CV seals
rhodyguy
The pattern in the bolt heads needs to be nice. I wish bolts were available that worked with T25 tips. They're plenty cheap.
914werke
Hey just throw'in this out there but it seems it's been a while since the PNW crew got together en-mass (Kevs breakfasts aside)
Jim mentioned a artist point run as we've done in past as memoriam for our friend Nord ~?
There is also a small classic car show that one of my HS friends has been hosting for the past couple of yrs & has bugged me to participate In Wedgewood.
Suggestions ...interest ?
sportlicherFahrer
I'm down as long as its on a weekend. Hopefully not too early as I prefer the scenic route to completely avoid downtown Seattle construction/traffic. Too many near hits going through there to subject the 914 to that abuse... ar15.gif

Oh stromberg.gif , I'm starting to sound more like Kevin blink.gif poke.gif lol-2.gif
scallyk9
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Aug 9 2018, 08:12 PM) *

Anyone have an LE spoiler in good shape collecting dust? In the market for one. Figured I'd ask you folks here before trying the classifieds.

I have a replica gathering dust at Eurotech Bodywerkes. It's in great undamaged condition from my Bumblebee so it is Sunshine yellow. I only took it off to replace it with a genuine one...for a LOT more money. PM me if interested.
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you scally. I ended up finding one from another member. Got busy putting the car back together and forgot to post up that I found one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.