Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Root_Werks
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 13 2006, 09:22 AM) *

Hi Dan, My old car was parked next to you last night. John and Lindsey (sp) the new owners showed up late with Jim and Sabrina.

Ah, that's who owns the car now. Cool! driving.gif
mstein95
Nothing like a four hour drive with a pit-stop in the middle for good conversation and a cold brew. drunk.gif

Sorry I was late. I'd blame Jim and John but I think it was my fault. chair.gif

RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Sep 13 2006, 11:22 AM) *

Sorry I was late. I'd blame Jim and John but I think it was my fault. chair.gif

Eh, go ahead and blame Jim anyways. poke.gif laugh.gif He's always late. EVERY FREAKIN TIME! C'mon Jim!!! Let's leave BEFORE the time we're supposed to be meeting up. LoL Just playin, no worries.
Eric Hagelin
Hope this works:

Eric Hagelin
'nuther

Eric Hagelin
One more...

Eric Hagelin
And another...

Eric Hagelin
Next time my wife gets me in a photo, I'm going to make sure I'm not standing at that angle, so close to the door handle. Makes it look like I'm overly-excited about the man's 914.

Here's another:

Eric Hagelin
That's it - they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped, and I had about 6 more, but the setting on the camera was for mega-pixel, and they won't load onto the forum.

We need a good, well-lit, staged line-up of cars next time! And speaking of the next time...

Where at? When?

edited to add: How about a... DRIVE?
Bleyseng
Sh*t, that WAS a drive for me...over an hour to get there in the Boonies!. It was fun and why the heck did you take a pic of me looking at the "Custom" goofy muffer?
RockinOldSchool
A weekend drive sounds great to me. I was thinking about suggesting the same myself. Only I had Leavenworth in mind. But I'm cool with any destination.

And Chris, you wouldn't believe how excited Lindsey was that you spelled her name correctly. laugh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 13 2006, 08:33 PM) *

Sh*t, that WAS a drive for me...over an hour to get there in the Boonies!. It was fun and why the heck did you take a pic of me looking at the "Custom" goofy muffer?

I danno, sorta like the shot with the "dome". happy11.gif
Michael J
Sounds like you all had a great time. drooley.gif
Work sure gets in the way of good times. I am sure up for a DRIVE this weekend or another get together next Tuesday.
When and where?
Bleyseng
icon_bump.gif

now that we were un-nailed......

Whats the plan for this Tuesday?

Somewhere south of Everett?

Hey, how about at Jeff Hines place??
Root_Werks
Michelle and I would be up for something. driving.gif I still think we should do something on a Sunday that is more driving than eating, not that I mind, just would like to stretch the legs on the old 914 a little more. driving.gif
Bleyseng
Monique and I are up for a Leavenworth via HWY2 or something more curvie say to Winthrop? Weather depending of course....I ain't driving far in the pouring rain but anything sunny sounds good.

I was east of the mts (Goose Prarie/Yakima) trying to get warm all weekend, 65F is barely warm but better than Seattle rain. Gawd, I am getting to be a cold weather wuss.
RockinOldSchool
I'm going to have to pass this week boys. Have to spend as much time as I can with Lindsey before she moves Friday, and i'll be in Bellingham all weekend.

Not to mention I'm going to be tight on cash soon thanks to work cutting all my hours due to the fact that they want me to live, eat, sleep and breathe walmart and they find limited availability, due to yours truly attending college, unacceptable.

so.... here's one for walmart! finger.gif
Bleyseng
hijacked.gif

yep, I won't shop at Walmart. Just another major corp who rips off people IMHO. no health care etc.....
sixnotfour
Hey, how about at Jeff Hines place??

Sorry Duck Blind Tuesday for me, Tig welding frames together at a buddies.

RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 18 2006, 05:17 PM) *

hijacked.gif

yep, I won't shop at Walmart. Just another major corp who rips off people IMHO. no health care etc.....

Actually, suprisingly the benefits package was pretty good considering it was a J.O.B. (just over broke)

For the kind of job it is they treat you okay. So long as you're willing to be their bitch 24/7 that is.
Bleyseng
Yeah, to me that is the problem with Walmarts, Homedepots, Lowe's...crazy schedules that mean they own you. My BIL has worked for Eagle/Lowes for years and its always a no show for him due to his "schedule". can't plan shit...

Workers have a life or rather should and aren't dirt.

Sorry Jeff! Hoping we all could meet out there sometime.

I guess its time for Troy to choose another burger place to eat at. barf.gif

av-943.gif
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 18 2006, 05:42 PM) *

Yeah, to me that is the problem with Walmarts, Homedepots, Lowe's...crazy schedules that mean they own you. My BIL has worked for Eagle/Lowes for years and its always a no show for him due to his "schedule". can't plan shit...

Workers have a life or rather should and aren't dirt.

Sorry Jeff! Hoping we all could meet out there sometime.

I guess its time for Troy to choose another burger place to eat at. barf.gif

av-943.gif

sorry guys your gonna be on your own this time. i'm on-call @ work this week and i've been roped into coaching my daughters soccer team tuesday and thursday nights, games are on saturdays. so unless it's in snohomish or southe everett/millcreek i wont be able to make it.

and WTF is with this thread getting booted off the nailed list? we don't post often enough? bs.gif mad.gif
Bleyseng
We PNW'ers haven't admin to represet us sooo....32 pages isn't gud enough to merit nailed status....

sucks KMA.gif

SoCal has a couple
NorCal has a couple

hell, even with 2 members the Netherlands has a admin! happy11.gif
mstein95
Can't do anything tonight (My Mother is in town) and no go for Sunday as I will be at the Seahawk game. popcorn[1].gif

I would like to do the Leavenworth run. Next Tuesday/Sunday looks promising.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Sep 19 2006, 10:03 AM) *

Can't do anything tonight (My Mother is in town) and no go for Sunday as I will be at the Seahawk game. popcorn[1].gif

I would like to do the Leavenworth run. Next Tuesday/Sunday looks promising.

Man, that is a good idea! Fall colors are just around the corner. I love the drive up the pass around this time of year. Pick a decent day on a weekend and the 914teeners can make a day of it. driving.gif

If nothing comes up for tonight, that's cool.
Bleyseng
I am skipping tonight....trying to catch up on life. smile.gif dry.gif
Eric Hagelin
I'd love to go for an extended drive - Leavenworth sounds perfect - next Tuesday works for me (I have a 5:00pm - 6:00pm physical therapy appointment though) and Sunday too, except I attend Mass from 11:00am - 1:00pm.

I can always change my P/T appointment and attend Saturday Vigil Mass to accomodate the 914 road trip.
Root_Werks
Sounds like tonight is a bust. We'll have to plan a fall "Over the Pass" drive on a weekend coming soon. driving.gif
kevine
Sounds like I did not miss anything tonight... I am in St. Louis this week. I am looking forward to a 914 road trip.

kevine
sportlicherFahrer
Well, if any of you are interested, especially you guys in Gig harbor, there is a bit of a get together for puget sound boaters at Tides Tavern this friday. Some REALLY good island type music(Jimmy Buffet sound) LIVE startin at 7pm. I will be showin up around 5 or so with my family. Really nice place to eat/bs. It will be a little crowded due to the artist(Eric Stone) that is playing, so I suggest gettin there a little early for a good table. Whos up for it???

Tides Tavern location
dinomium
anybody getting together on the 26th? Should be nice topless weather... South sound?
Check in time, please!
mstein95
Can do!! So, where we meeting Dino?

Suggest we make it a drive first to enjoy the weather???
driving.gif
dinomium
how about the Spar in T town? the drive around the waterfront is pretty sweet!
DNHunt
I'll do something in T town. Or how about the Tides in Giggle

Dave
Michael J
I'm driving the 914 to work Tuesday driving.gif so it would be great to head up north. The Tides would be a good place. I can drive back around Highway 3 and make a good circut.

Morgan, Hey it would be good to meet you if you go. Let me know when you might head north. We might fight the nasty I-5 together.

I drove the teener up to Seattle on Sat and was cruising Capital Hill with my daughter and passed another 914 headed south on 15th. He never even looked up. Don't know who it was.
RockinOldSchool
Something on the south end would be fantastic. I'm down for Tides or something in Tacoma. I just got back from Bellingham. Helped the girlfriend and sister move into their dorms at Western. And I'll be going back to visit on Friday. I'm getting plenty of driving.gif in so a shorter commute to the meeting would be fantastic.
DNHunt
Since I seem to be the first one up This fine Tuesday morning, I'm going to make an executive decision. Tides Tavern around 6:30 for a pint and some grub. you Oly folks can go home 302 . Wonderful road around North Bay. See you folks this eve.

Dave
rhodyguy
if i get the axles on the jetta i'll be enjoying the bridge. jackson opens up for everyone at 6? the spar would be packed at that time of the evening. let's see who's willing to make the trek from the north end. oh...i forgot. the distance is shorter for folks driving from the south end. git er done. here's your sign.

k
sportlicherFahrer
I think the Tides would be fun. I SHOULD be able to make it over there. You guys all missed out on a good time Friday though.
rhodyguy
is the tides no longer a *tavern*? minors are welcome too?

k
mstein95
Count me in.

Mike - I'll PM you my phone number. Give me a call and we'll coordinate a rendezvous point.

Anybody hear from Al or Tim? ph34r.gif
Anybody from Seattle/Everett gonna make the trip?

rhodyguy
i'll call al and leave him the info.

k
dinomium
I have been waylayed by the executive at home. She had made plans for us tonight, so again, count me out.

I suck
mstein95
I think I speak for everyone when I say:
WTF.gif dry.gif chair.gif owned.gif spank.gif headbang.gif

Will peer pressure help?

BTW - does anyone have a spare head light switch (74-76 model) that they can bring to the party? The dash light portion (dimmer) of my switch is bad.

RockinOldSchool
Nope, Tides is still a tavern. No minors. Is that a problem kevin? Far as I know we don't have any minor members anymore from the sound area. (Jim's done all grown up) LMAO.

I'll see you guys this evening.
KELTY360
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 26 2006, 07:37 AM) *

Since I seem to be the first one up This fine Tuesday morning, I'm going to make an executive decision. Tides Tavern around 6:30 for a pint and some grub. you Oly folks can go home 302 . Wonderful road around North Bay. See you folks this eve.

Dave

That sounds like a great place. Unfortunately I've got a 5:30 meeting in Renton. Unless I get the teener fitted with wings there's no way I can make it. We need to meet in a parallel universe where there's no gridlock. Enjoy.
effutuo101
Did you guys have fun? Pictures please! I am still at work, so maybe next week
Michael J
Good food, brew and conversation. beerchug.gif And of course driving the 914 wasn't bad either. We had a small group that appeared to be cameraless, so no pics. This was the first time in a while that I had attended. I enjoy the discussions and advice. I drove back to Oly through Purdy, Allyn and Shelton. Didn't see any deer until I was 1/4 mile from my house. Those things scare the crap out of me! Anything you have to look up to from the seat would not be good if you hit it.
Anyway, it was great to put a face with Morgan who lives just down the road. Just let me know when you need some monkey wrench help.
Hope to get a few more nice Tuesday evenings before the rain settles in.
mstein95
I'm scared -
After an ice cold pint of Mack & Jack amber, a bacon cheeseburger and a whiff of Kevin and Dave's Mahi Mahi fish and chips, Dave, Mike and Kevin almost had me talked into a Raby 2.6 engine upgrade!!! w00t.gif

I don't think I'm going to hang out with them anymore - they're Trouble (did ya catch the capital "T" - Music Man reference). Double trouble when you throw in John and Jim (and Sabrina). calvin.gif

Mike - pleasure to finally meet ya - look forward to future treks. You're a brave man taking "the back way" in the dark. Glad to hear you didn't end up with a deer in the passenger's seat. blink.gif

Anything going on this Sunday??? driving.gif

rjames
Sorry I missed it, whether was perfect too.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend any more meet-ups for a while. I'm back in school full time, and working full time at night. I'm gonna miss those awesome drives led by Troy. beer.gif

Of course I'm also going to miss sleeping... ack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.