Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Bleyseng
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Sep 27 2006, 04:05 PM) *

I'm scared -
After an ice cold pint of Mack & Jack amber, a bacon cheeseburger and a whiff of Kevin and Dave's Mahi Mahi fish and chips, Dave, Mike and Kevin almost had me talked into a Raby 2.6 engine upgrade!!! w00t.gif

Yeah BABY!!! Go for it.. piratenanner.gif

I think a 2.6L Four should be big enough to smack down lots of sixes... clap56.gif
messix
ok so geoff tasked me with the next location for teener tues.
so i'll make it in snohomish at the buzz inn at harvey airfield. i'm coaching my daughters soccer teem and tues. is pratice day so this is the only way i'll make it.
sportlicherFahrer
So Im kinda thinking that us south sound guys could maybe meet up down here in Tacoma/Oly/Gig Harbor. We have quite a few places here in Tacoma that have good stuff on tap, and even better food. The Rock, The Swiss, and The Harmon just to name a few. Also, within a walk from my boat is The Dock St. Landing that a few of us went to back in June. They have some GOOD $3 cheeseburgers on Tuesdays along with live music and pool tables. Not to mention the water front scenery.
Root_Werks
I could do a Snohomish run again. chowtime.gif
pete-stevers
i will check and see if we can come...are jeeps welcome....
Bleyseng
If Pete/Steve is coming maybe I can rouse Monique into driving up there with me.
pete-stevers
yup we are coming!!!! we will be driving a jeep the teener is....on jackstands...
sher says what ever i want....
i want misses K to jump out of my cake...36 years oh no!!!
914werke
SOT but the new kid needs some help. Starting issues Im planning on dropping by this eve but Im still stuck at work (Dont evan ask! headbang.gif )
Bleyseng
I was gonna try to go over on Saturday. Tonight is out.
914werke
well then should I delay till tommorow and If'n ya bring the LM1 we can finish tunning the 1911?
messix
snowflake has problems too. i drove it up to b'ham today and went to start to come home and nothin headbang.gif . bumped it to start, drove home driving.gif , did some investigating confused24.gif , and then the smoke excaped mad.gif ! looks like i did'nt get the back 8 or is it 10 pin connector on the relay board on right and the wire to the coil burned up owned.gif . it'll turn over now but no start. i think i also melted in to another wire or two. so i'll be trying to sort that out tomorrow.

unless some one has one of the harness's laying around. pray.gif
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 29 2006, 09:53 PM) *

snowflake has problems too. i drove it up to b'ham today and went to start to come home and nothin headbang.gif . bumped it to start, drove home driving.gif , did some investigating confused24.gif , and then the smoke excaped mad.gif ! looks like i did'nt get the back 8 or is it 10 pin connector on the relay board on right and the wire to the coil burned up owned.gif . it'll turn over now but no start. i think i also melted in to another wire or two. so i'll be trying to sort that out tomorrow.

We must've crossed pathes on the freeway today. I left for Bellingham this afternoon to spend the weekend with my sister and girlfriend. Sorry to hear about the burned up wire, but at least it's just something minor.

Bleyseng
QUOTE(messix @ Sep 29 2006, 09:53 PM) *

Yeah, I have one. Should I bring it to Barry's? Gonna meet up with RichD too at 9AM at Barry's.
effutuo101
Good luck today. I am going to get some more sleep. I have slept about 18 hours all week, so I have some catch up to do. About the same amount of sleep last week. A couple of very rough weeks at work. I hope to see you all tuesday.
Chris
pete-stevers
so where are we meeting? someone pm me details....
dan are you coming?
i can't race you this time..... dry.gif
messix
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Sep 30 2006, 02:01 PM) *

dan are you coming?
i can't race you this time..... dry.gif

7 pm here the buzz inn
jones
Wish I could be there!!! Project "914 ...ONE MORE TIME" has now begun. Right Geoff? God I hope!!! beer.gif
rhodyguy
HELLO!!! haven't seen you around in some time.

k
jones
Hey! What a long strange trip it's been!
Eric Hagelin
I won't be making it (unless I have major success with electrical clean-up and don't need to buy any new parts). Towed Pamela home this afternoon. All the way from the U District to Lake Stevens, with a strap, behind my Suburban. I got pics.

I plan on digging into it tomorrow. Electrical stuff I'll check first, then the fuel system.

By the way, I was doing some on-line pricing and noticed that Schucks was cheaper than Pelican for a fuel pump... but Pelican's is Bosch, Schucks is some off-brand ("Master", I think) - is there a difference? If (keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need to) I need to replace the pump, should I spend $30 extra for the Bosch?

Bleyseng
Now John you just have to make one of these Teener Tuesdays..

pretty sure we are going on Tuesday.
Wow, there is a group of people in NW WA. My 914 currently needs an engine, but when it runs again I will have to get in on this Teener Tuesday thing. I could bring one of my Twentysomething's, but they like cool water and upright cylinders. Not sure if they'll get along with those air blowers. I feel tension as they all sit in the driveway viewing each other with contempt. Or I am crazy. I'll have to stay in touch with you guys.
messix
your teener doesn't have to attend. just come on and join up with us. it's a good way to get motivated to get to work!
Bleyseng
Yeah but if you attend you have to atleast bring a pic of your car and a couple of stories.
We won't kick your ass if you show up in a water pumper.
DNHunt
Evidence of it being up on jackstands is acceptable for admission. You probably won't even be questioned about that cause they all seem to want spend most of there time there.

Dave
smooth_eddy
I will have to pass this week. I will be white knuckling it in the dental chair. Have fun. Eddy
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 30 2006, 05:47 PM) *

Now John you just have to make one of these Teener Tuesdays..

pretty sure we are going on Tuesday.

LMAO!!! You're joking right? I've made it every week since I bought the car. Shown up at the late end of them, but still shown. I'll be there this week as well. Need to talk to Chris about the P.I.T.A. department of licensing down here. wacko.gif
mstein95
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 28 2006, 05:54 PM) *

So Im kinda thinking that us south sound guys could maybe meet up down here in Tacoma/Oly/Gig Harbor. We have quite a few places here in Tacoma that have good stuff on tap, and even better food. The Rock, The Swiss, and The Harmon just to name a few. Also, within a walk from my boat is The Dock St. Landing that a few of us went to back in June. They have some GOOD $3 cheeseburgers on Tuesdays along with live music and pool tables. Not to mention the water front scenery.

The Swiss sounds good. IIRC - parking was limited.
Either way I don't think I can make it tomorrow - closing the month end books this week at work.
owned.gif
rjames
I'll have to live vicariously through pictures of the meet-ups for awhile, so someone take some photos!

BTW, where can one buy an Optima battery in Seattle?

Oh yeah, one more thing- for those that haven't replaced their clutch cable in a while, make sure you're carying around a spare! Just about to pull onto the on-ramp for the freeway and went to engage the clutch to shift and the pedal went right to the floor. Would have been an easy fix if only I had been carrying a spare cable!

jones
I will be there in spirit. Work calls. Another Tuesday for sure!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 2 2006, 12:44 PM) *

Costco had some that fit, I bought two there. biggrin.gif

quadracerx
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 2 2006, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 2 2006, 12:44 PM) *

Costco had some that fit, I bought two there. biggrin.gif

I know Car Toys has them too...but their probably cheaper at Costco...Wish we were meeting further south...just got my first 914 and I have lots of questions for you guys...

Steve
sixnotfour
GI Joe's , Action auto parts.
Bleyseng
Ok, so what time is this Northend Teener Tuesday?

I have to drive about 1 hr but if Steve Peters can drive from Vancouver,BC I can do it.

Quadracer, you should make it even without a 914.
sixnotfour
dan are you coming?
i can't race you this time.....

7 pm here the buzz inn

Is this still The Time ?
The Place Harvey Field Buzz Inn,

Right Troy?
messix
yeah thats the place and time all right!

geoff can you bring that wiring harness with you? it's the one that goes on the rear most of the relay board 10 pin i think.
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 2 2006, 08:05 PM) *

I have to drive about 1 hr but if Steve Peters can drive from Vancouver,BC I can do it.

just blast up I5 to the 128th st exit and head east to seattle hill rd go down the hill and you'll see snohomish. should only take you 'bout 40min.
Bleyseng
Ok,

You want the little harness not the FI harness. ok think I have one.

Hey, where were you on Saturday? confused24.gif
messix
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 2 2006, 08:30 PM) *

just blast up I5 to the 128th st exit and head east to seattle hill rd go down the hill and you'll see snohomish. should only take you 'bout 40min.

like this
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 2 2006, 08:36 PM) *

Ok,

You want the little harness not the FI harness. ok think I have one.

Hey, where were you on Saturday? confused24.gif

coaching my daughters soccer game.

i think so. it powes the coil and runs along the back of the engine and out to the back up light switch.
messix
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 2 2006, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 2 2006, 08:30 PM) *

like this

chit that did work so well, i typed go to snohomish from seattle and it gave directions on that route.
messix
lets see if this one works maybe
Michael J
Too far for me from Oly this time.
Hey this morning I saw a beautiful 914 headed south on I-5 just as I merged from 101. It was a pearl white with flares and some big dual exhaust. Haven't seen it before.
messix
since we're not nail worthy icon_bump.gif
messix
icon_bump.gif
RockinOldSchool
Anyone know if Chris is attending this week? I need to talk to him about some paper work on the car and would rather not drive by myself all the way up there just to find out he's not there. I've been running Puyallup to Bellingham to Glacier and back every weekend and that's proved to be more than enough driving for me.
Bleyseng
Whimp...

Heck you should sign up for the FREE Raby 2270!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 3 2006, 04:48 PM) *

Heck you should sign up for the FREE Raby 2270!

Can't afford the gas, otherwise I would. biggrin.gif For that, I'd drive till my ass fell off.

Honestly with a passenger or another car along I'll drive till I'm on E with not so much as a penny to my name. But 5 hours alone sucks. I'm a big time people person.
smooth_eddy

I don't think so.....it took me an hour from North Seattle last time. Wish I could come. Maybe next week. Eddy beer3.gif
Root_Werks
Steve and Sher are coming, Michelle and I are taking off in a couple minutes. No 914 though, I am missing my seats at the moment. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.