Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
rhodyguy
i think i'll swing by for a while. i'll bring your stuff blink.gif . remember when the place was named *Skinheads*? wacko.gif screwy.gif it drew an interesting crowd. then the thea foss went all upscale.

k
mstein95
Kevin - can you bring one/both of your light switches with you? The one I picked up doesn't work either WTF.gif and I'd like to try a third switch before I assume that its something other than the switch.

Thanks
Morgan
RockinOldSchool
Hey guys, had a great time as always.

kevin, just wanted to once again say thanks for the rain tray and drain tubes. the tray's already on and the tubes are going on tomorrow afternoon.

Now that the car's doing good mechanically it's time for me to finish my targa seals and start sourcing my missing heater parts. My beanie really doesn't make the best defroster. LoL

Hope to see you all again soon.
Eddie914
How about a Teener Saturday?

IRDC Lapping Day at Bremerton Raceway next Saturday 10/28/06.

Great bargain and I know most Teener owners are into bargains - $60! All you need is a helmet and a valid drivers license. A 914 wouldn't hurt either.

Hope to see you there. We can always finish up at the Tides in Gig Harbor afterwards.

Hope to see you there!

Eddie
DNHunt
Da*n

Engine's out and front shocks are off to Koni.

Dave
Eddie914
Dave,

Stop by for a ride! Usually a wide mix of cars.

Might be able to sneak behind the wheel of of my rat rod.

Hope to see you there.

Eddie
LS6/914
Can I bring a Caterham 260 CSR or Noble M400? Larry
Eddie914
Larry,

Hope to see you there!

It was great meeting you at the BSSC lapping this last summer.

Thanks for the ride in the Caterham.

Thanks

Eddie
sportlicherFahrer
What time? I may be able to make it. I am going to Port Orchard that night for a Halloween party, so its just a matter of $$$ and a helmet for me and my girl since I will be out that direction.
Eddie914

Gates open at 7:30am, Mandatory Drivers Meeting at 8:45, first cars on track at 9

see:

http://www.irdc-racing.com/

Hope to see you there!

Eddie
sportlicherFahrer
So what is goin on this Tuesday guys? Maybe somethin around Seattle/Renton?
Eddie914
Any Teener Tuesday action this week?

Eddie
RockinOldSchool
Well. We can run something last minute if you want. We just need a place and time. I think everyone's been rather busy recently. I know I sure have been. Hence the lack of suggestions this week.
mstein95
No can do for me. I've got a work related dinner to attend.

Next time.
914werke
Ive got parent teacher conferances this eve. blink.gif
RockinOldSchool
7:30PM

Pegasus Pizza & Pasta on Alki in Seattle. Jim and I will both be there. Anyone else that's interested is more than welcome to show up.

Pegasus Pizza & Pasta
2758 Alki Ave. SW
Seattle 98116
DNHunt
Wife's out of town. I have to ride heard on the younguns.

Dave
rhodyguy
7:30 in alki. you guys are crazy. don't get cold. your heat is sitting in a box in the garage.

k
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 24 2006, 04:05 PM) *

your heat is sitting in a box in the garage.

Speaking of, just wrapping up some homework then I'll give you a ring. Unless your still online and it's cool if I swing by when I'm done.

sportlicherFahrer
Looks like a go for me! Joining us Eddie? Last time I saw you, I had my old car and you had 2.7L(?) shrapnel in a ziplock bag. biggrin.gif

Eddie914
Pegasus on Alki?

Kinda a long drive ... must be ... almost 10 blocks.

See you there at 7:30!

Eddie
RockinOldSchool
Hey Eddie, jim and i are running a little behind. We'll probably be there around 8.
Eddie914
I was all by myself from 7:35 until 8:10.

I guess I better head back down!

Eddie
RockinOldSchool
Sorry about showing up so late Eddie. Still had a great time though. Good food and great convo as always.
sportlicherFahrer
Well, I'm off to Bremerton for lap day. Hope to see some of you guys out there! driving.gif
DNHunt
Bolting up a case and cleaning up then off to Bremerton. I should be there by 11, hemet in hand and looking for a ride.Will be taking along and extra pair of boxers also.

Dave
sixnotfour
Well, I'm off to Bremerton for lap day. Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Even ran his car, right on
Bleyseng
I hope Jim took it easy on that tranny I fixed for him! driving.gif
sixnotfour
I hope Jim took it easy on that tranny I fixed for him!

confused24.gif
not a race, drive as hard as you want , he was in the first timer group
didnt hear any grinding thumb3d.gif
here's a link to keep TT on topic;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=62669

Bleyseng
Yeah, I have run there before. Great fun and you get lots of seat time and don't have to stand around on the track running to get cones.
Eddie914
I rode along with Jim on his first session.

The weather was a little messy ... damp track and a bit foggy.

He picked it up pretty quickly. By the end of the session he was doing quite nicely. By the middle of the day when the track dried out, he was having a great time.

Three teeners was a nice turnout. Hopefully more will will show up at future events. IRDC usually has two or three lapping days every year.

Eddie
rhodyguy
there have been quite a few pictures added to the thread in the paddock. for those that don't visit there too much, you should give it a look.

k
sportlicherFahrer
Had a blast yesterday! Eddy's car is damn fast and I know now why I want a 3.2 in mine. Jeff's car was doing really good as well. driving.gif

That tranny did GREAT Geoff. No grinds at all. And best of all, I didn't break a thing on the car. The pads are just worn a little bit. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Good to hear it is finally fixed and you had a good time making runs.

3.2! heck build a 2318 four!
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 29 2006, 11:39 AM) *

Good to hear it is finally fixed and you had a good time making runs.

3.2! heck build a 2318 four!

He's already got a line on an incredible deal for the 3.2. I don't think anyone could convince him to stay with a four. LoL. ....Although... he had originally wanted a big four.
sportlicherFahrer
Yeah, I dont think that I would be satisfied with a big 4 anymore. I've had a ride in a big 4 car, and its far from how the 3.2 pulls and sounds. That, and I would rather have the reliability of the stock FI 3.2 than a strung out 4, not to mention the HP numbers vs. $$$ spent are quite a bit more attractive for the 6.
Bleyseng
Yeah, I've driven a high HP 3.2L setup by Fordahl and its way fast. Nearly as fast as the money flying outta you bank account to setup....mega$$$

Ya can build a hipo 4 yourself witha Raby kit, not so a 3.2.
messix
i wanna ditch the trick or treaters tomorrow night. who's up for a meet?
sportlicherFahrer
Well, if you put a manual, tools necessary, and the parts in front of me I am sure that I could build that 3.2 with no problem as well as that 4. I just wouldnt trust myself doin that kinda work with the money spent. As far as Fordahl building a car, that would be VERY expensive. My 3.2 setup will be considerably cheaper than thiers, and will probalby be as much or less than a big 4 setup with a lot more power than a big 4(roughly 200+ at the tires). I will also have little to no tuning required, as it will be stock FI. No megasquirt to build and no jets to size. Just nice, reliable, daily driver 200 HP without a problem.

As far as Tuesday goes, Im kinda short this week Troy, but maybe next week. The $80 that I spent this weekend at the track was a big hit from the wallet, but well worth it!
Eddie914
No teener Tuesday for me tomorrow. Trick or Treat with the kids comes only once a year. I gotta enjoy it while I can. They are growing up scary fast!

Maybe I'll have a more reliable fuel pump by next Tuesday.

Later

Eddie
RockinOldSchool
Yup. Not happening for me either. Doing an oil change and overdue valve adjustment tomorrow afternoon and going to stay home and enjoy the nice warm indoors.

Need to source some more heater parts. Still not warm enough.
Bleyseng
If you can source a good 3.2L complete for under $5000 you are damn lucky. I have been looking for 3 years on and off again in the Seattle area. Good ones are snapped up by the local 911 guys to swap in for their tired 2.7 or 3.0L.
To do it right the parts alone to do the conversion will cost nearly $5000, oil tank, oil lines, flywheel, tin, bellcrank, heat exchangers, engine mount etc. Its a drop in only after you modify everything to work. dry.gif
I know I am not up to doing the engine work on a six but I'd like to try one day soon.

I started looking more and more at Raby stuff when he hit 170hp outta a 2270. Now he is in the 200hp range with a 2270 and when he get the roller lifters working its gonna be in the 220hp reliable range plus weighting 150lbs less than a six.

I can't meet this Tuesady so count me out.
Jake Raby
Wait 6 months and I'll blow your mind!
DNHunt
Nada for me.

Dave
KELTY360
Not gonna work for me.
rhodyguy
when are you going to post a thread of your new car? i wonder how many folks drove over for the "car will be available for viewing after 12:00", only to find it was sold.

k
mstein95
No go for me tonight - got two excited little munchkins that need chaperoning.

On a good note - my 2.0 crank came back "in spec" (whoo hoo) so I just need to get my exhaust valves from Jake (as well as cam, lifters, bearings, etc) as well as the bore alignment complete and I will be set to reassemble. clap56.gif I may just get this rebuild done before WCC07 yet.

sportlicherFahrer
Ive got a lineup on a 3.2 for less than $4K complete. And I just remembered, I think I have your hat that you left in Snohomish Geoff.
Bleyseng
clap56.gif clap56.gif

your extra parts tranny is outside too waitin for you to pick up.
T wing
I'm up in Bellingham now. . . Anybody still interested in a North end gathering, or should I just try a new thread so I dont hijack this one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.