Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
effutuo101
Bad News, I will be in Sacramento for work on Tuesday. good news, I am no longer a poser.... biggrin.gif
Probalby next week I will be able to make it.
Chris
Root_Werks
Michelle and I have been out for a little while. My new job has me working days/nights/days/nights. F'd up, but tons of fun. Plus, some "buddies" of mine wanted to see my 914 in action in a parking lot. driving.gif Yup, after getting some new halves for my front rims, I am back on the road. headbang.gif Dam curbs. biggrin.gif One nice thing about the 3 piece rims is I changed the offset on my fronts and removed the wheel spacers. Put my scrub radious back to normal. Feels better again. driving.gif

No more dognuts in parking lots for me. happy11.gif
effutuo101
Cool! Glad to see more and more people getting back on the road.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(T wing @ Nov 4 2006, 01:05 PM) *

I'm up in Bellingham now. . . Anybody still interested in a North end gathering, or should I just try a new thread so I dont hijack this one?

HEY!!! look who it is! LoL

Hey Chris this is John. Was actually just talking about you. Last few times i've been up in B-ham I've seen your baja over at the coast guard station. I'm done with my teener for a while after having to tow it home from Seattle tonight. It just needs to much work to be used as a daily driver right now. Too many things I need to inspect to avoid being stranded again. Made it through the last two months pretty well though.

I've been spending my weekends up in the Bellingham/Glacier area and should be moving up there around mid December. I'll most definately be down to hang out then. For the time being that's just a bit out of my range for a tuesday night though.

T wing
Sorry to hear about your 914 John. I actually got my bug as a backup so I wouldn't have to worry so much about using the teener for a daily driver.

I just looked at my work schedule and realized that I don't really have a Tuesday free for a while. It'd be nice to meet some of the guys up here though.
sportlicherFahrer
Its been a few weeks! Anyone doin anything exciting this Tuesday? Anyone interested in grabbing some food/beer?
messix
i'm up for something maybe up around here. cause traffic is getting to be such a b-tch
sportlicherFahrer
So thats 2 including me! Anyone else? It may be cold and wet, but I still drive the teener every day.
sixnotfour
Snow Report 6" North Edmonds, power offonoffon
914werke
Got about 4" here. Spent the day in garage working on th LE after errecting my new shed Fri. Pwr hasnt gone out yet.
Oh...Jeff I want to look at that harness smile.gif
messix
bad weather = me working sad.gif
dinomium
I had to clean the shop Sunday so I could get the green car out of the snow and ice! Too bad for Ugmo, she sleeps OUT SIDE!
mstein95
I've been spending my allotted teener time over a Dave's observing his rebuild.
yoda.gif

Still hoping to participate in the Toys for Tots run on the 9th.
DNHunt
Hey Morgan I forgot the lower tins so, Wedsneday out come the pushrod tubes. No way around it. Oh well.

Dave
mstein95
oh, man headbang.gif you're on your own unless it can wait until this weekend.

DNHunt
I just wanted you to know. THE LOWER TIN GOES ON BEFORE THE PUSHROD TUBES. Doh!
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like maybe we should have a snowball fight up north! *insert snowball fight smiley here*
sportlicherFahrer
So I think right now I have a new reason to flare my fenders! SNOW CHAINS! smash.gif

SO anyone have pics of snow fun or carnage? hijacked.gif
messix
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Nov 28 2006, 05:04 PM) *

So I think right now I have a new reason to flare my fenders! SNOW CHAINS! smash.gif

SO anyone have pics of snow fun or carnage? hijacked.gif

STAY HOME SPANKY! YOUR CAR CAN'T AFFORD YOU DRIVING IT IN THIS SNOW AND ICE! slap.gif chair.gif OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
sportlicherFahrer
TRUST ME! I am stayin right where I am. I just got new tires a month ago, and they are basically dry weather only tires. They are kinda ok when its wet, but in this stuff I might as well have slicks. owned.gif
Root_Werks
Gotta keep this thread alive through the winter. smile.gif

Re-did my front rims and removed the wheel spacers, then put the spacers on the back of the 914.

Also finally getting the heater hooked up. B&B SS header/heaters rock, but you gotta hook up the tubes to get the full effect.
T wing
I had a blast driving in the snow. . . I'd have to subie swap and run skinny tires to be able to have that much fun on dry pavement, and then I'd break more transmissions. Just went up to baker with the teener on Thursday too. I think I need a board rack for it so I can take someone with me though.
sportlicherFahrer
I finally got around to takin the springs off the rear trunk on my car. Now the hinges just need to be welded back into place. So right now it closes and looks normal, but I have to hold it up to put the top in. I AM crazy enough to drive in this cold weather with the top off. Got in about 3 hours today! I think the parents have a camp914 trunk shock kit on the way to take care of the trunk though. wreath.gif

It was great. I ran over to John's(RockinOldSchool) and told him I cut my springs. The look on his face was priceless. chairfall.gif
dinomium
Car looks great Dan! Jim, those steering wheels are still over here for you...

biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
Dan those rims look freekin great....
i still have to tow gizmo home......looks like after christmas
how is the shop coming???
i am up for a day down there i can help on the rudimentary stuff....LMK
while the girls shop it up at pikes....
Root_Werks
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 10 2006, 10:51 AM) *

Dan those rims look freekin great....
i still have to tow gizmo home......looks like after christmas
how is the shop coming???
i am up for a day down there i can help on the rudimentary stuff....LMK
while the girls shop it up at pikes....

Permits went through, just waiting on the construction company to break ground on the garage now. Probably not until after the holidays at this point. Oh well. smash.gif
messix
man, i'm not sure what happened but i think i had this really surreal dream, it's like the world spit into two alternative realities that existed at the same time.. just weird.
RockinOldSchool
IT'S BACK! IT'S BACK!!!!!

THE WORLD IS RIGHT ONCE AGAIN!!!! smile.gif
Michael J
This was weird. I went a way for a few days, came back to 5 days with no electricity and no 914 site - then a look a like - then the old site back but new. WOW some weird shit went on during that storm.
pete-stevers
I'd say...."they" musta got their fingers on some bud from up here.....crazy indeed...
i hope it normalizes now.....
Eric Hagelin
Sorry to hear about all the strife on the board. This appears to be where the Puget Sound area people are hanging out, so I guess I'll remain here.

First, Merry Christmas, everyone!

Second, my 914 has been having intermittent problems (I think it is fuel injection system-related, but am not sure), so she's not on the road at the moment.

I am hoping to spend some quality time in the cover-alls with tools & manuals before the new year... and then meet up with some of you again on a Tuesday once she's up and running again.

-E

Bleyseng
Host a workparty event at your house again to get all the guys to work on your car and get it running right again.

just need beer and burgers. jsharp.gif
914werke
I was just listenig to some 80's Rush ...Hemispheres! happy11.gif
effutuo101
Yep, we need a tech day for working on our cars... Anybody want to host? I'll bring some Braten, if we all pitch in, I am sure we could have a feast and more than enough cars to work on. Is anybody running down to Bremmerton on the 6th? Group run?
quadracerx
Hey Eric...

If you need help...and are willing to host a work party...before mine on the 21st of Jan...Im in...not sure I can help with your troubles...but I can try...and at the same time meet with some of you guys....

Where are you located?

Thanks..

Steve
Bleyseng
Depending on when and where I can bring my djet tester and LM-1 meter to sort out the fi.
Eric Hagelin
You guys ROCK. Thank you for the offer of technical help... I accept!

How about Saturday, Jan. 6th?

If that doesn't work, I can do it Sunday, Jan. 7th, but it would have to be after 1:00pm.

My car is at my brother's house in Woodinville, so I'll have to get his clearance on it (and use his bbq gear), but I don't think he'd have a problem with it at all. I will give him a call today.

If this time & place works for any of you, please let me know, and I can post the address & my phone number. Thanks again!
Rand
Time & place works for me! jsharp.gif smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif
We've been needing this.
quadracerx
Dude...

Done....ill be there to meet you guys....and help if I can...or at least give moral support...LOL

Im a newbie too...so this should be fun...

Eric, once you get this all set up with your "bro" send me a PM with the address and the time....and ill Mapquest it...

Looking forward to it..

Steve
RSWannabe
Howdy all,

Just thought I'd chime, say hi, and subscribe to this thread as a new 914 owner in the Seattle area. I just stripped my car for a repaint so it is out of action for a bit, but looking forward to joinging you guys for a Teener Tuesday sometime.

Brooke
Solo914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 9 2006, 09:39 PM) *

Gotta keep this thread alive through the winter. smile.gif

Re-did my front rims and removed the wheel spacers, then put the spacers on the back of the 914.

Also finally getting the heater hooked up. B&B SS header/heaters rock, but you gotta hook up the tubes to get the full effect.

Hey there.

Another local teener.
Root Werks,
I am gathering up the parts to make set of custom 3 pc wheels, do you happen to know where your wheel halves came from? Did you build them yourself? Not all 16" wheel halves are created equal so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have only met some of you guys once at a teener tuesday on Mercer Island and have been in Hibernation since. Hopefully I can make some more outings soon.

Later,
Kyle

PS. I bought a used 2.0L to build...now the fun begins on deciding what I want to build.
messix
QUOTE(RSWannabe @ Dec 27 2006, 12:32 PM) *

Howdy all,

Just thought I'd chime, say hi, and subscribe to this thread as a new 914 owner in the Seattle area. I just stripped my car for a repaint so it is out of action for a bit, but looking forward to joining you guys for a Teener Tuesday sometime.

Brooke

fyi your teener doesn't have to be present to join in on teener tuesday's or for any of the work party's. just show up, it really gets tou back to a teener kinda mood. driving.gif
RSWannabe
[/quote]
fyi your teener doesn't have to be present to join in on teener tuesday's or for any of the work party's. just show up, it really gets tou back to a teener kinda mood. driving.gif
[/quote]

Will I be shunned if I show up in my tail dragger? rolleyes.gif

Brooke
Rand
QUOTE(RSWannabe @ Dec 27 2006, 02:37 PM) *

Will I be shunned if I show up in my tail dragger? rolleyes.gif

Brooke

Now you've done it. You realize, you tease about your taildragger and you have to drive it to our next event so we can see it. It's a rule. beerchug.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(Eric Hagelin @ Dec 27 2006, 11:22 AM) *

You guys ROCK. Thank you for the offer of technical help... I accept!

How about Saturday, Jan. 6th?

If that doesn't work, I can do it Sunday, Jan. 7th, but it would have to be after 1:00pm.

My car is at my brother's house in Woodinville, so I'll have to get his clearance on it (and use his bbq gear), but I don't think he'd have a problem with it at all. I will give him a call today.

If this time & place works for any of you, please let me know, and I can post the address & my phone number. Thanks again!

Saturday is Bremmerton AX. Sunday works for me. I will bring brats and buns. Directions once you have it cleared would be great. I may even bring my teener if the weather is marginally ok. (cause isa punk about the weather)
RSWannabe
So when and where is the next Teener Tuesday?
mstein95
popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
Lets do something around SeaTac so more people can join. Red Robin's again?
Eric Hagelin
Well, if Sunday works for everyone else (and weather permits), let's have a work party at my brother's place (he's fine with it) in Woodinville on Sunday, January 7th, at 1:30pm.

I will have the bbq (and my digital cam) fired up. Thanks a million for helping me out.

I will PM everyone interested with the address & my phone number.

Bleyseng
Shit, I can't make that as I'll still here. coffee.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.