Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teener tuesday puget sound teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
Corporal Beef
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 11 2007, 07:55 PM) *

Hey you have a new 914 owner in the Seattle area, Jason and Sheridan Jones.

Hi all,

That's me, Jason, my wife, Sheridan, and my new mistress (yet unnamed). According to the date, it looks like I'll be buying another teener in just a few months. Yeah! Anyway, looking forward to being a part of the community; I'm a total newbie to Porsches, but if there's two things I've learned from this community already is

1. You are friendly and like to help.
2. You like beer.

We already have two things in common! beerchug.gif

Cheers!
messix
hello .... hello come out where ever you are!

jason, sheridan come join us.
RockinOldSchool
haha! Troy, you posted about two seconds after Jason did.

Jason, welcome and hope to see you at the next teener tuesday.

John
Corporal Beef
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Feb 11 2007, 08:38 PM) *

haha! Troy, you posted about two seconds after Jason did.

Jason, welcome and hope to see you at the next teener tuesday.

Thanks, I'd love to.
Bleyseng
Ha, I beat all of you as I talked to him on the phone 45mins ago!
welcome.png

Jason, this is the throttle body so unplug the TPS from it to see if thats causing the problem

bootyshake.gif
sixnotfour
maybe we should go up and see what rootwerks has left of his last collection.

Dan calling Dan!

From what I saw he must have stock in Prestone (antifreeze)
Corporal Beef
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 11 2007, 08:50 PM) *

Ha, I beat all of you as I talked to him on the phone 45mins ago!
welcome.png

Jason, this is the throttle body so unplug the TPS from it to see if thats causing the problem

bootyshake.gif

Sweet, thanks. I'll try it tomorrow (Monday) afternoon when I get home. I'll email you and let you what happened.

Cheers
messix
icon_bump.gif

just reminding yoos guys

maybe we should have a saturday night get together
DNHunt
I'm getting ready to light of the 4 hole sh*t can again. Given all my previous luck with this thing it could have the potential to be entertaining. Having some buds to cellebrate with or shoulders to cry on could be a good thing. I'm still fabbing the heating system and I need to fit the exhaust, clean up, and install so probably the middle of March. I'll see if I can get Betsy to to get some Costco fake steak for Geoff and we'll do a barbi and down some suds.

I still need to run this by the boss and she is in Mexico so call this tenative.

Dave
effutuo101
Welcome Jason and Sheridan! Dave let us know. I might be able to swing by for a little while.
mstein95
I'm up for a Saturday/Sunday - any weekend but March 10th & 11th.

I am also creeping closer to requiring a light work party to help install my work in process (valve train going in this weekend):
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 21 2007, 06:56 AM) *

I'm getting ready to light of the 4 hole sh*t can again. Given all my previous luck with this thing it could have the potential to be entertaining. Having some buds to cellebrate with or shoulders to cry on could be a good thing. I'm still fabbing the heating system and I need to fit the exhaust, clean up, and install so probably the middle of March. I'll see if I can get Betsy to to get some Costco fake steak for Geoff and we'll do a barbi and down some suds.

I still need to run this by the boss and she is in Mexico so call this tenative.

Dave

Not fake steak! Costco Buffalo burgers ya nitwit!

I can make it in March thumb3d.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I may be able to make it Dave. Just need to know in advance(about a week or so).

Nice lookin motor Morgan!
DNHunt
Fake Steak Geoff. We remember how much you enjoyed it.
KELTY360
So this will be a NARS* BBQ?

*Not A Real Steak

How appropriate. Count me in. chowtime.gif
Twigger
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Feb 21 2007, 08:17 AM) *

I am also creeping closer to requiring a light work party to help install my work in process (valve train going in this weekend):

Hey give me a call, I would love to help you out. I sent you my number on the other site.
mstein95
QUOTE(Twigger @ Feb 22 2007, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mstein95 @ Feb 21 2007, 08:17 AM) *

Hey give me a call, I would love to help you out. I sent you my number on the other site.

Sent you a PM
oh and.....
welcome.png
914werke
Are we talking THIS Sat?
DNHunt
Mid March
Bleyseng
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 22 2007, 09:33 AM) *

Oh, you though when I choked and spit it out I liked it? chair.gif
DNHunt
Ok, it looks like March 24 th at my place. Suds, fake steak, and possibly another menu choice. Hopefully nothing will scatter.

Dave
Bleyseng
What about Jake showing up? popcorn[1].gif
ws91420
OT as its not about Porsches but it is in the puget sound area have any of you been to this coffee shop
Bleyseng
I have been to this one.
http://www.thesweetspotcafe.com/index.php

There is a line sometimes.... rocking nana.gif
ws91420
That's the one featured in the story.
Bleyseng
Yup and the Barista 'bout fell out of her outfit cuz she was leaning down to serve my coffee.
I was in the 914 thumb3d.gif
ws91420
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 26 2007, 11:07 AM) *

Yup and the Barista 'bout fell out of her outfit cuz she was leaning down to serve my coffee.
I was in the 914 thumb3d.gif

Nother benefit to owning a 914 biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 22 2007, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 22 2007, 09:33 AM) *

Oh, you though when I choked and spit it out I liked it? chair.gif

We're still talking about steak, right?
pete-stevers
i think we will try to make it down.....mind if we crash the party dave??
DNHunt
Steve, that would be great.
effutuo101
Anybody who can make it.

Aligator Soul this Tuesday March 6th at 6pm
2013 1/2 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
(425) 259-6311
http://www.thealligatorsoul.com/
Eric Hagelin
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 3 2007, 09:42 AM) *

Anybody who can make it.

Aligator Soul this Tuesday March 6th at 6pm
2013 1/2 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
(425) 259-6311
http://www.thealligatorsoul.com/

I can't make it (bummer, too, because I live pretty close to there and the food is great) - I have something else going on on Tuesday that I can't miss.

Guys, my car is up on ebay (and here in the classifieds too). The car has been running great ever since I replaced the corroded, brittle wiring and cleaned up the grounds, and I've had a blast in her, but I'm really trying to knock out my debt, and the car has got to go.

Once it sells, I will just have one credit card and the car payment on my Aveo - but I should be able to eliminate those pretty quick. Then, when I'm fully debt-free, I will save up for another 914. (Or a souped-up Chevelle, haven't decided about that yet.)

If I don't get my reserve on the ebay auction, I'll see you at more Teener Tuesdays...
RSWannabe
I was hoping the local teeners might be able to help me out. I need a lower front valance for an early 914. I have a fiberglass one is great shape, but a I need a metal one in short order so I can modify it to work with my GT flares. Anyone have one they are looking to sell? Any leads appreciated.

Brooke
bstabbert@westwater.com
messix
looks like i should be able to make aligator tues. 'bout 6:20 ish
messix
QUOTE(RSWannabe @ Mar 4 2007, 07:14 PM) *

I was hoping the local teeners might be able to help me out. I need a lower front valance for an early 914. I have a fiberglass one is great shape, but a I need a metal one in short order so I can modify it to work with my GT flares. Anyone have one they are looking to sell? Any leads appreciated.

Brooke
bstabbert@westwater.com

rich might have one he's "rdauenhauer" lives up here in the millcreek area.
effutuo101
icon_bump.gif
teener role call....
Lets get a number so I can make reservations!
I have 6 so far. Root family, Williams family, Troy.... Anybody else?
914werke
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 4 2007, 07:22 PM) *

Brooke
bstabbert@westwater.com

Yea Ive got one. Might need a minor about of dolly & prep but its not destroyed.
I "should" be to make it. smile.gif
mstein95
Sorry - can't make it - homeowners association meeting. Hot topics up for discussion that night like: "Can I build a shop next to my house so I can work on my 914."
effutuo101
Reservations at 6pm for 8. Be there or don't eat Cajun food
RSWannabe
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 5 2007, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 4 2007, 07:22 PM) *

Brooke
bstabbert@westwater.com

Yea Ive got one. Might need a minor about of dolly & prep but its not destroyed.
I "should" be to make it. smile.gif

I won't be able to make the get together tonight. I have to go check on the progress of the paint and body work on my six. Rich, I live in Kirkland and work in Magnolia. Wher might be a good place to meet up?

Brooke
kevine
I can't make it tonight, the 914 is undercover until the weather is more predictable. Have fun.

kevine
914werke
More predictable than sunny and 70! huh.gif confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Its 68F and SUNNY in Seattle are you nuts!!!!

can't don't wanna drive up for 2 hrs so have fun boys.

Monique stole the 914 today to drive around and do "errands" as its fun. I wonder if there is any gas left in it??
kevine
Okay, it was a lame excuse given the current weather conditions. But, there was still snow at my house this morning when I left (and, I did look at the forecast)...

kevine
effutuo101
drunk.gif
Chris
kevine
I need to buy new tires for my 914, and was wondering if any of the Puget Sound Teeners could recommend a good tire for this area and weather. Do you run 'all season' or 'summer' tires on your car, and how is the performance and ride?

The car is a stock 2.0 with 4-lug Fuchs. The 914 used to be my daily driver, but now it is more of a weekend/sunny weather car. Thanks.

kevine
Bleyseng
QUOTE(kevine @ Mar 13 2007, 06:26 PM) *

I need to buy new tires for my 914, and was wondering if any of the Puget Sound Teeners could recommend a good tire for this area and weather. Do you run 'all season' or 'summer' tires on your car, and how is the performance and ride?

The car is a stock 2.0 with 4-lug Fuchs. The 914 used to be my daily driver, but now it is more of a weekend/sunny weather car. Thanks.

kevine

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry874336
lsimburger
Two questions, any get together plans for the next week? And any one have experience with a body shop they would recommend. I live in the Everett area and would be willing to go 50 or so miles if it was a good shop...
Bleyseng
Ask rich D for that body shop he used to paint the LE. Hobby somethings as it was on Roosevelt Way in Seattle but now confused24.gif
messix
i'm on-call again this comming tues.

if'n it's local [north end ] i can make it, sans teener.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.