Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare heated seats....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Here you go...... laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2432833001
tod914
whats the heating element? a Bic lighter or leaky fuel lines?
sj914
Flatulance powered.
Rockaria
On a 30 year old car You desperately need to not use those heated seats... I did and look what happened:

IPB Image

wink.gif

Okay, all funnin' over. It is sad when someone talks something up so much like that ebay guy did, and it's freekin' obvious he has never ever, ever, never, seen what that "heated" wire seat does.

Watch for this post on a 914 forum:

"Whenever I plug in my heated seats, the car makes a buzz noise when I turn on the ignition. Is there another way to make the buzzing noise goaway instead of putting on the seatbelt? As well the seat does not get hot. The wire I hook it to does not have 12v. When I bypass 12v to it, it still has no heat. What did I do Wrong?"

Too Funny,
URY914
You see his email address "largebrowneye"

Nice.

Paul
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 15 2003, 12:20 PM)
You see his email address "largebrowneye"

Nice.

Paul

eww... it's winking bootyshake.gif pain30.gif
scotty
...gee, and I thought those cords went to the seatbelt interlock! I wonder if they plug in to the cig lighter.... lol3.gif
boxsterfan
So it would be impractical to install heated seats (aftermarket padded element) in a 914? How about a 914 3.2L conversion with new wiring harness, other electrical components?

I live in AZ, so I don't really need heat at all, but I plan to put on headers on my 3.2L conversion and go with no heat. Due to my thinning blood, it does get a little bit cool here in AZ during December and January (this is all relative of course). Would be nice to have a reliable aftermarket heated seat option (cut-n-sew a heating pad element in) that does not burn my 914 to the ground.
seanery
the humor in the thread is that folks who don't know our cars think the seat belt buzzer wiring is for seated heats.

I don't see a problem with a high quality aftermarket product in a teener.
Andyrew
Hey thats what I thought when I got my car.....

Andrew
driver66
damn,that kills me.....well id go with a electric blanket and a power inverter for an upgrade dance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.