Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No fuel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
omoore3
I just got a 2.0 '74 project car. Of course I had to start it. Will run when I pour gas into the Webber venturi. But not getting fuel from tank. I don't have a wiring diagram. Anybody know how to trace the circuit to the fuel pump? Also where is the thing located.

Oliver
SirAndy
QUOTE(omoore3 @ Feb 20 2003, 04:37 PM)
Also where is the thing located.

fuel pump "should" be on the passenger side, under the battery tray, but you need to get to it from under the car (unless your sheetmetal is all rusted away). wait, you said webbers? hmmm, could be relocated inside the engine compartment, usually under the battery tray. OR, sometimes relocated in the front-trunk. OR sometimes relocated under the gas tank (need to get under the front and look through the hole where you can see the fuel lines coming out of the gas tank ...
not sure about the wireing, try to look it up here :

http://www.914world.com/downloads/914%20manuals/

later,
Andy
Dave_Darling
It's a carb conversion. So the location of the pump is "wherever the guy who converted the car felt like putting it". Check the locations Andy mentioned.

As for the wiring, the stock diagrams won't help. The wiring is hooked up "however the guy who converted the car felt like doing the job". Often a front-mounted fuel pump will get power directly from the fuse box. But not always. You'll have to find the pump, and then trace the wiring.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.