Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber Kit Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Finally, I found the metal piece I needed to send the 914-6 off. She goes under the knife in the next week or two.

I'll need a complete rubber kit for the little darling (sans the bumper strips, they're like new). I know that these seem to differ from vendor to vendor. Anybody BTDT lately with a full paint job and rubber kits? Who has the best prices and quality?

I'll need sail panels as well.

The dealer applied stripes will be going bye-bye and she'll get a "very fast" canary yellow repaint.

E-out
redshift
Rubber kits? Never heard of them.

smile.gif

You must go with OEM, and just shop til you drop, or (especially on that sweet thing) you are making a big mistake.

Any non-OE seal I have ever seen didn't work right.

M
Eric_Shea
Also looking for a 1970 center storage consoule. Must be in "excellent" condition.

Or any leads on getting mine refinished. Interior is original and mint with the exception of a few craks in the vinyl on the consoule.

Thanks in advance!

E-out
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 15 2003, 10:42 AM)
Anybody BTDT lately with a full paint job and rubber kits?

yes and no. full repaint and new rubber but not in one "complete kit". i got my rubber pieces either used but like new from EASY in oakland or i bought them from HPH in redwood city. all seals i bought from rich were original porsche and they fit perfectly, but they're obviously NOT cheap ...

Andy
Eric_Shea
Not familiar with HPH.

Can anyone give me the details?

FYI This car is bone stock. I'm not interested in putting aftermarket "anything" on it. I'm the second owner. Bought it from a 72 year old retired Salt Lake City police officer who was starting to have trouble getting in and out of it. sad.gif

I have the 74 to "play" with.

Thanks! beerchug.gif

E-out
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 15 2003, 11:23 AM)
Not familiar with HPH.
Can anyone give me the details?

HPH = High Performance House = Rich Bontempi (he's a member here on the club site)

http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

a longtime 914 nut (and very successful racer).
call him and ask for prices and availablility.
tell him you got his info from me/brad on the 914club site ...

Andy
Rob914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 15 2003, 09:52 AM)
Also looking for a 1970 center storage consoule.  Must be in "excellent" condition.

Or any leads on getting mine refinished.  Interior is original and mint with the exception of a few craks in the vinyl on the consoule.

Thanks in advance!

E-out

I bought a new early style center console that fits under the dash from Mittelmotor.com about a year ago. I believe that they are covered with either felt or loop carpet with vinyl on the inside. Mine has felt carpet.

Rob
Eric_Shea
Thanks,

Just got off the phone with Rich. He's putting a package together.

E-out
Eric_Shea
Thanks for the info Rob.

Price?

I'll check in with Michael at Mittlemotor.

E.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.