Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: transmission, reliable??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
new914fan
did a search on transmission reliability, and transmission reliable, but no hits....

talked to the mechanic who worked on my parent's cars for the past 15 years about the 914 last weekend...

he's a 928 owner himself.... but he strongly warned that that it is hard to find replacement tranny parts for the 914

is that true??
Mueller
big differance between "finding parts" and reliable wacko.gif

only time the 914 transmission becomes "unreliable" is when asked to put up with 3X or more hp and torque than what it was originally designed for...

it's a 30 year old car so wear is expected, people are still rebuilding them yet it gets expensive to replace all the parts...a lot of people get a few transmissions, use the good parts they can and buy new parts when they have to....

I'd be leary of that mechanic working on your 914, he seems like he is already pre-disposed of not caring for them.....
Hammy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 3 2006, 10:38 PM)
I'd be leary of that mechanic working on your 914, he seems like he is already pre-disposed of not caring for them.....

agree.gif
joeav8tor
be your own mechanic, with the help from club members, through advice and also physical help... you will learn from doing.
joe
sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif type.gif jsharp.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.