Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta Has Done it Again, ARRRGGHH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A914MAN
ar15.gif

I recently (June 23, 2003) purchsed, via Ebay, 2 complete sets of "New European Front Turn Signal Bucket Assemblies with Lenses" from AA for the grand total of $700.00. As of September 1, the
item(s) were not in stock and were "On Back Order" and would be for 2 or 3 more months. When I called to complain, I actually spoke with George who gratiously apologized and refunded my money (less of course the PayPal fee of $27 bucks) and stated that I would be put on a waiting list to be contacted as soon as the item(s) arrived. You might say, "Why are you mad about this?", and the answer would be that this feels really typical of the things I have read about this company before. If you don't have it in stock, don't try to sell it today unless it can be delivered tomorrow. They have all of the parts we want, most of the technical advice we need and are poised to be the absolute best in this biz, but yet they pull crap like this.

Secondarily I WAS in the market for STEEL flares for my 6 project and was going to buy them in Georgia, but I am obviously having second thoughts. Anybody out there have advice on where to buy flares or if AA can actually provide a satisfactory unit in a timely fashion? Specifically if you have bought a set of flares from AA and like or dislike anything about the transaction or product, please post it here.

Regards and Thanks for This List
A914MAN
Qarl
You can buy the same flares AA sells from Pelican Parts. They are made my the guy who makes the sheetmetal repro parts for Stoddard.
Qarl
I don't beleive that Paypal charges you for refunding.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...age=_home&flow=

You shouldn't lose money on that deal. Also, they should refund you all the money since it is their fault they didn't stock the item(s).
MarkV
QUOTE(A914MAN @ Sep 15 2003, 12:39 PM)
I actually spoke with George who gratiously apologized and refunded my money (less of course the PayPal fee of $27 bucks) and stated that I would be put on a waiting list to be contacted as soon as the item(s) arrived.

They ran an auction for parts that they didn't have and they want to charge you $27 to undo the transaction. I don't know about you but I wouldn't stand for that. mad.gif
736convers
Paypal refunds the money without charging. AA just scammed $27 off you.
redshift
Set of AA flares here on the classifieds. right now....

M
SirAndy
brad has a set of the AA steel flares at the shop.
they look good. very good indeed ... wub.gif

Andy
seanery
800 bux
ejm
According to Ebay rules AA has committed fraud by selling and accepting payment for an item they can't deliver. Doesn't matter that they refunded your money. Get all the relevant correspondence together and file a complaint with Ebay.

They have all of the parts we want,

There are only a few things that are hard to find elsewhere

most of the technical advice we need

You'll find all you need on this board and others

and are poised to be the absolute best in this biz

Haaaa....not in this century
71six
Hey a914man
I suspect your not alone. On June 28th I placed the winning bid for a pair of front european turn signal assemblys from AA and to date have received nothing.
Mark
Qarl
You mean these!!!!

I did get a pair.

When they came, a lense was scratched. I sent it back and heard nothing. I e-mailed George and stated that I sent it back and hadn't gotten anything returned. He sent an apology note and stated that they were waiting for more euro turn signal sets to come and when they did, they would mail me another pair.

Hmmm... I only sent the lense back... He was going to send a set of assemblies... I shoulda played stupid and received another set of assemblies, but I figure it would come back to haunt me.
ChrisReale
All of you guys who have had less than desirable interactions with Auto Atlanta....well, learn to use the search functions on ALL the boards. Probably would have saved you the headache. I cannot say I have sympathy...other than do business with other companies huh.gif
Aaron Cox
we should have a "ive been screwed by AA thread" lol, everone post there bad experineces there- then send george the link. maybe hell get his act together then wink.gif
Korijo
Hey A914MAN,

I finally got yours on the way. I'm truely sorry for the delay ph34r.gif . I hope you like them. Kellzey did the nifty conversion. They will be there Wed.

Oh, remember to NOT touch the reflector part with bare skin. It will dull the finish.

BTW, I graduated from Fayetteville H.S. Also went to U of A (RAZORBACKS !!). I really like that area.

smilie_rolli_1.gif
Scott Carlberg
Pelican had a set of the steel 914 flares at the German AutoFest over the w/e.

I wanna say they were $800
rhodyguy
$700 for a set of signal buckets and lenses!!!!? seriously? i seem to remember gary emory donated a few sets as prizes at jamies. $700 headbang.gif headbang.gif

kevin
Qarl
$700 was for TWO complete sets. Read the post!
rhodyguy
oh, so $350 a set what a bargin.

kevin
kdfoust
QUOTE(A914MAN @ Sep 15 2003, 12:39 PM)
ar15.gif

SNIP
As of September 1, the
item(s) were not in stock and were "On Back Order" and would be for 2 or 3 more months. When I called to complain, I actually spoke with George who gratiously apologized and refunded my money (less of course the PayPal fee of $27 bucks) and stated that I would be put on a waiting list to
SNIP

Regards and Thanks for This List
A914MAN

Doode. It's time to tear AA a new one. I'd call the Georgia attorney general to find the consumer complaint group and despute the charges to my card in writing. This sounds like a clear $27 a pop scam. How many times do you think they've pulled it on someone?

Tear 'em up.

Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.