Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alpine 500, Vintage Car Rally April 28th-30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
Alpine 500 it is not a race.

I have a spot #27, for the rally. There is a waiting list now for this event.

Anticipating a fellow non-club member would use the spot, I have made arrangements to offer my place to a non-club member in my place, $280.00 fee, includes all events and overnight accomodations for you and your co-driver at the Cal Neva Resort in North Lake Tahoe.

Fellow non-members of this club are attending in an EYEtalEian sportscar, I hope they will chime in.

John

P.S. I cannot tell you how much I was looking foward to this rally. I hope someone will want it and enjoy it.

My out of order car : user posted image
that is so not pleasing to look at. I am really sorry for you. I hope you are ok?
Flat VW
QUOTE (1973914 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:33 PM)
that is so not pleasing to look at. I am really sorry for you. I hope you are ok?

I am on the mend.

John wavey.gif
dekman
Hurts to look at the car...looks like you were very lucky! The car took most of the impact. The Rally sounds like fun but I'm too far away from the start...unless maybe Howard would be my co-pilot? chatsmiley.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (dekman @ Apr 4 2006, 03:46 PM)
The car took most of the impact.  

Ah, shook the contents, pretty good, too.

John w00t2.gif
lapuwali
fiid and I will be there in my Eye-tie car. Tobra from Sacto will be there in something. There will be at least one other FIAT guy there from the Bay Area (BARF: Bay Area Running of the FIATs). It would be nice if at least ONE 914 showed up. Mine is in their natural state, and fiid's car still isn't waterproof enough to chance it.

I'm hoping the weather will improve. This rain really sucks.
Tobra
Dude, I will be there in the 914, I have a big sack of SS hose clamps for the fuel lines, and should have some seatbelts pretty soon. It gives me something to do on Rainy Saturdays. This could get ugly though, this weather pattern is going to dump a lot of moisture in the foot hills, already had a good sized mudslide on US 50, potential for more to come.

That crash must have hurt in a lot of ways, that looks to be a very clean car, nice brown interior. Looks like the car did its thing sacrificing itself for ya, I could put you with a guy who has a nice blue chassis...

Can't walk the dog dog.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Tobra @ Apr 4 2006, 08:02 PM)
Dude, I will be there in the 914, I have a big sack of SS hose clamps for the fuel lines, and should have some seatbelts pretty soon.  It gives me something to do on Rainy Saturdays.   This could get ugly though, this weather pattern is going to dump a lot of moisture in the foot hills, already had a good sized mudslide on US 50, potential for more to come.

Can't walk the dog dog.gif

I'm bummed about the car, to be sure, but this rally was gonna be much fun, lotsa photos, please, fellas?

John wavey.gif

I
Tobra
I may even do movies. I have a laptop, and a camera that will do that, probably ought to stick to mostly pics though, I almost certainly would screw up a movie.

Those look like my tires ohmy.gif
Flat VW
It was such a fine car that if it is to be re-built, the challange will be to attempt to return it to the state it was in prior to this event.

It was a highly sorted and well developed car, a pleasure it was, to have owned it.

John driving.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Tobra @ Apr 4 2006, 08:12 PM)

Those look like my tires ohmy.gif

AVS 100 , three for sale, mounted, slight flat spotting.

John w00t.gif
ppickerell
Nasty f-bender! I am hoping for a last minute miracle on my motor. I would love to step up to the plate and give you my $280. Forget the weather. Have you seen how gorgeous the Sierra foothills are this year?
Flat VW
QUOTE (dekman @ Apr 4 2006, 03:46 PM)
The Rally sounds like fun but I'm too far away from the start...unless maybe Howard would be my co-pilot? chatsmiley.gif

cool_shades.gif

Flat VW
I guess I will contact the rally boss over the weekend for his first waiting list person if interest remains this strong. screwy.gif

John wavey.gif w00t.gif chairfall.gif
Tobra
Sprry man, I am already # 14
Flat VW
smile.gif mad.gif
thesey914
'Kinell...that is one bad crash. Glad to see you lived ohmy.gif
Flat VW
"I laughed at death, now life is laughing back at me."

John lol2.gif
JohnM
If still available, I will take the spot. It will be a father/son entry. Let me know. John
Flat VW
JohnnyX the spot is yours. smilie_pokal.gif

How old are you and what age is your son?

John wavey.gif

P.S. PM reply sent.
JohnM
Great! Replied to you via PM. Thanks, John
Flat VW
Well,

JohnnyX and his boy are set up for taking our spot.

Laurie and I are bummed but I have spoken to Johnny and he sounds stoked to go.

Please remember, lotsa a photos, even some WITH people in them. chairfall.gif

Johnny are you "dialed in" with Norm now?

If there is anything more you need from me let me know,

John chatsmiley.gif

lapuwali
Here's to hoping it doesn't rain, and that the better routes aren't closed from washouts or slides.
Flat VW
agree.gif
Flat VW
icon_bump.gif for JohnnyX
JohnM
Talked with Norm and am in solid. We will take pictures. Looking forward to the fun. Many thanks, John, for arranging the turn-over of your spot to another 914. John

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Apr 13 2006, 02:24 PM) *

Well,

JohnnyX and his boy are set up for taking our spot.

Laurie and I are bummed but I have spoken to Johnny and he sounds stoked to go.

Please remember, lotsa a photos, even some WITH people in them. chairfall.gif

Johnny are you "dialed in" with Norm now?

If there is anything more you need from me let me know,

John chatsmiley.gif

Flat VW
smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
According to my buddy, we are getting all our rain now, and in a week or two, BAM Summer hits. Just did my shifter bushings today(sweet) doing a bunch of rubber hoses next week, no new starter, lucky it is easy to push. Y'all should try to catch the thing at Swabbies the night before, it is pretty cool spot, if it is not underwater.

For the run, I think we should be okay on roads, hopefully none are too trashed
Flat VW
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.