Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914 - Cant Find The Fuel Filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ne14914
I am looking for the fuel filter on my 73 914 and i cant seem to find it. Where ever it is, it is not visible. Any suggestions?
McMark
Stock location would be under the engine bay metal on the passenger side of the car. But it might have been relocated to the front under the fuel tank.
SirAndy
yepp, mark nailed it.

either pass. side under the engine bay or front, under the fuel tank.

check the back first. you really need to get under the car to see it.
in front of the back pass. wheel, it should be mounted on the lower part of the firewall, right in front of the fuel pump.

Andy
SirAndy
here's a pic with engine removed.

you can see the fuel filter on the firewall and the fuel pump under the frame-rail.

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
Aaaahndy's car is an early one (70?). Later cars (I think 72-74) have two "hooks" inside the round "pod" that the engine mount bar hangs from. The filter gets held by those two hooks.

The 75-76 cars, of course, have the filter and the pump on an access plate bolted to the aft wall of the front trunk.

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 15 2003, 03:12 PM)
Aaaahndy's car is an early one (70?).  Later cars (I think 72-74) have two "hooks" inside the round "pod" that the engine mount bar hangs from.  The filter gets held by those two hooks.

Daaaaaave is right. on your car, it should be to the right of the fuel pump ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.