Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Siginals in Tach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
microsa
Did some years of 914s use a tach that only had one turn siginal lamp, like VWs?
BS Chairman
Yep, 1973 and up used only one dot or round indicator. All early car had the two arrows fours and sixes.
microsa
My 73 has two. Hummm........
BS Chairman
It could have and early one because the change was not noted just says early tach or someone has changed it confused24.gif
seanery
Porsche was notorious for not making changes at an "exact" time rather when they ran out of the previous spec parts.
MarkV
My 73 has two as well. Don't think it was added later unless they also added a L & R circuit in the wiring harness. I think single indicator came in 74 when they removed the silver button from the center of the gauges.

I have late window regulators on early doors (no impact beams). That was a mid 73-model year change. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you are the first one through a green light.

Did the semi-retractable seatbelts also come in 73?

Mark

73 2.0
Dave_Darling
The tach went to a single turn signal indicator with the 74 model year. Except, of course, for the early 74s that have two indicators. But the good part--those are wired together, so they both flash at the same time!! They used the 74 wiring harness with the 73 tach, and just added another light bulb so both arrows would flash...

The inertia-reel belts were available in the 72 model year. Not sure if they were a part-year thing or not. (The parts book/PET should have the info, but I don't have access to it at the moment.)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.